Old 05-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Gilmore Girls~Luke & Lorelai Analysis & Spec #415: Bittersweet Memories

Gilmore Girls
Luke/Lorelai Analysis & Speculation
Bittersweet Memories

Title by Caf123

Banner by Kasia

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous Thread

Thread Rules
  • This thread is to discuss spoilers of the show, which includes analysis and speculation of what might happen on the show, or what people would like to see happen regarding Luke and Lorelai. The thread should not be used as episode discussion thread. That should be done on the Gilmore Girls board.
  • Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters.
  • Don't tease! If you have spoilers that you aren't able or willing to share just yet, it's inappropriate to come on the forum and tell everyone that.
  • Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right. Asking over and over again won't make them come any quicker, or any more detailed.

Feel free to discuss everything about Luke & Lorelai. Have fun posting!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

'Gilmore Girls' canceled

Episode Descriptions & Spoilers: Season 7

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 7.21: Unto The Breach
Air date: 8 May 2007

Written by: David Babcock & Jennie Snyder
Directed by: Lee Shallat Chemel

The CW: LOGAN PROPOSES ON THE DAY RORY GRADUATES FROM YALE ? On the eve of Rory’s (Alexis Bledel) graduation, Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) throw her a party and perform a song in her honor. At the party, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) are reunited for the first time since their separation, and both are relieved to find they can still be friends. Logan (Matt Czuchry) surprises everyone at the party by proposing to Rory, but she is too shocked to give him an answer and begs Lorelai to help her decide what to do. On graduation day, Rory and Paris (Liza Weil) receive their diplomas, and Rory finally gives Logan her answer. Meanwhile, Lorelai is embarrassed about her karaoke serenade to Luke (Scott Patterson) the night before, and Luke is hurt when he overhears her saying it didn’t mean anything. Melissa McCarthy and Sean Gunn also star. Lee Shallat Chemel directed the episode written by David Babcock & Jennie Snyder

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Episode 7.22: Bon Voyage
Air date: 15 May 2007

Written by: David Rosenthal
Directed by: Lee Shallat Chemel

The CW:STARS HOLLOW THROWS RORY A GRADUATION PARTY / CNN JOURNALIST CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR MAKES A GUEST APPEARANCE — Just as Rory (Alexis Bledel) lands her dream job as a political reporter, Luke (Scott Patterson) enlists the help of everyone in Stars Hollow to throw her a graduation party. Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life. Luke’s thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai (Lauren Graham). Finally, on the morning that Rory leaves Stars Hollow to start her career, Luke opens the diner before dawn to share a celebratory breakfast with the Gilmore girls. CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour makes a cameo appearance as a guest at the Dragonfly Inn. Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale and Sean Gunn also star.

The Futon Critic: Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) come to a new understanding, Stars Hollow throws a huge graduation party for Rory, and CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour guest stars in the episode titled "Bon Voyage."

- - -

Other Spoilers:

Luke kisses Lorelai back - courtesy of lancer

L/L kiss - courtesy of lancer

No L/L sex scene this season - courtesy of Saranoh

Luke and Lorelai romantically involved by end of season - courtesy of lancer

LG Encounter - courtesy of zoobymoo

Ask Ausiello:

May 2 2007: More about The Kiss

April 25 2007: The Kiss

April 18 2007: Season 8 Announcement Imminent

April 11 2007: Things are looking up

Mar 28 2007: I Will Always Love You

Mar 21 2007: Rory's grad is not the finale.

Mar 14 2007: LL fight ends positively!

Mar 07 2007: Car Shopping, Fighting, and Singing - Oh My!

Feb 28 2007: Welcome back to the diner?

Feb 14 2007: Apologies All Around

Jan 31 2007: Married? Just kidding.

Jan 23 2007: Married, baby, 8th season

Dec 20 2006: Lorelai and Christopher Fall Out

Dec 6 2006: Luke in, Christopher out

Nov 15 2006: Troubles ahead for LC, Luke helps Emily

Nov 8 2006: Poignant & Green

Nov 1 2006: Blah, blah, blah

Apr 25 2006: Reaction to interview

Ausiello Report/Vodcast:

May 06 2007: Lauren Graham's Final Gilmore Girls Interview

May 02 2007: Gilmore Season 8 Talks at a "Standstill"

Apr 15 2007: Short Season 8?

Apr 10 2007: More Emotion Please

Mar 15 2007: Christiane Amanpour Makes An Appearance

Feb 28 2007: Lorelai enters the diner

Jan 29 2007: LG gets producer credits

Oct 24 2006: DR Interview about elopement

Sept 14 2006: Spoilerganza

July 17 2006: Interview with Dave Rosenthal

July 17 2006: TCA Summer Press Tour

June 7 2006: Interview with Lauren Graham

Apr 24 2006: Interview with Amy & Dan

General Spoilers:
*if you have a general spoiler to share, please PM the thread starter so that they can update the list below*

Tomorrow's Ellen with LG - courtesy of gossipcom

More on season 8 Negotiations Part II - courtesy of SassyPaws from TWOP

List of articles about cancellation

SP holding deal with WB studios - courtesy of SPA - more info courtesy of Gossipcom

LG & David Grae/Rosenthal interviews - courtesy of gilmore maniac & Mots15

Ausiello Right About S8 - courtesy of sportygirl@TWoP

Sookie doesn't attend graduation - courtesy of Saranoh

Season 8 looks more likely than not courtesy of SassyPaws

Season 8 decision already made - courtesy of AkaranafeatMeeko, Saranoh & dirty twin

More on S8 - courtesy of SassyPaws@TWoP

Doll house is back next to the new TV - courtesy of glo

MM Cast in Pilot - courtesy of caf123

Tour Reports:

April 13th Tour Info more.- courtesy of LoopyGiggles@TV.com

April 12th Tour Info - courtesy of sd6@TwoP

April 12th Tour info – courtesy of cchurley@TWoP

April 11th Tour Info - courtesy of alwaysbeenyou

April 10th Tour Info - courtesy of malangue

April 9th Tour Info pics– courtesy of angel312@TWoP

April 4th & 6th Tour Info – courtesy of Katiegg108

April 4th Tour Info – courtesy of lulu1960@TWoP

April 2nd Tour Info – courtesy of lulu1960 & angel312@TWoP

March 7th Tour Info - courtesy of Tru_Slayer@TV.Com

March 19th Tour Info - courtesy of little_earthquake

March 16th Tour Info - courtesy of BigB

March 16th Tour Info More - courtesy of glo1196@mac.com

Video and Promos:

721 Promo – courtesy of fan1bsb97

7.21 Director's Cut on YouTube - courtesy of pimbolina

7.21 Director's Cut avi version - courtesy of ~JJ_lunatic~

7.21 CW Extended Promo on YouTube - courtesy of Cappuccino

7.20 Global & CW promos on YouTube - courtesy of Cappuccino

7.20 Director's Cut on YouTube – courtesy of Capp

7.20 Promo on YouTube – courtesy of genki

7.20 Promo – courtesy of fan1bsb97

Liza Weil Video Interview

Ed Herrmann Video Interview

Podcast and Clip Transcripts:

04 May 2007 Podcast - courtesy of GGAva

7.21 Directors Cut Transcript - courtesy of Lancer

27 April 2007 Podcast - courtesy of GGAva

7.20 Global Promo Transcript – courtesy of 2ggobsessed

7.20 Director's Cut Transcript - courtesy of lancer

EH Interview Transcript

LW Interview Transcript

20 April 2007 Podcast - courtesy of lorelaisgirl

Clips:

Episode 7.20: Lorelai? Lorelai?
Episode clips - courtesy of blaab

Karaoke Scene courtesy of Jet1945 - YouTube courtesy of Genki - mp3 courtesy of Gossipcom

Episode 7.19: Just Like Riding A Bike:
Episode clips - LL scenes only courtesy of fan1bsb97
Episode clips - courtesy of blaab

Season 7 Episodes
___________________________________________________________________________________________

All episode descriptions and promotional pictures are provided by The CW and Fraz, unless otherwise noted.

Last edited by Cappuccino; 05-08-2007 at 11:47 AM
Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Cappu.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Master Fan

Danke Cappu.

Wow, one of the last spoiler threads......
Old 05-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Cap

So who thinks each of the regulars here should get a chance to start a new thread if they want too.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

At least I´m free on wednesdays again.....
Old 05-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ok here is my problem. Maybe someone who is familiar with the US law can help me out here.

Sassy said the girls agreed to 13 episodes right ? And they just needed to get the papers ready and signed right ? But when the day came and they sat around that round table the girls said no we only want 8 episodes.
Isn't there something called verbal contract I don't know how that is been handled in the US so maybe someone can help me out with it.

Yep it still doesn't make sense to me.

Whoever wants to start a new thread - just shoot
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Master Fan

Who cares anymore Cappu. We won´t get another season so.....
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was just a suggestion for those who don't normally start the threads to do it if the timing is right. We are unlikely to get many changes to the first post and we have been killing them off in 6 hours so days so it's not like a huge commitment.

And if the regulars keep a word copy on there computer any stuff ups can be fixed quickly.

Just a suggestion to bring people here closer in the closing week or so we will be here.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
Ok here is my problem. Maybe someone who is familiar with the US law can help me out here.

Sassy said the girls agreed to 13 episodes right ? And they just needed to get the papers ready and signed right ? But when the day came and they sat around that round table the girls said no we only want 8 episodes.Isn't there something called verbal contract I don't know how that is been handled in the US so maybe someone can help me out with it.

Do you really believe that?
I'm not, LG and AB are not that stupid to do something like this.

Remember the Tweackham house, Luke only has a verbal contract with Taylor and that doesen't count.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyCerts (View Post)
Who cares anymore Cappu. We won´t get another season so.....
I want to and I need to make sense out if. Honestly it is really driving me crazy. I know everyone is to blame for it - one more than the other. It's just ARG!
I can't explain it
Old 05-08-2007, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

They are all to blame....ASP for ruining this show....DR for dragging out the LC crap.....LG/AB for wanting too much money....who cares anymore.....we won´t get the end we deserve after sticking to this show for 7 long seasons......
Old 05-08-2007, 03:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I can't imagine how they could just do 8 episodes - that would mean signing up the entire crew and cast for just a few short months of next season which would kill all those people's chances of securing a full season's worth of work - I'm not just talking about the performers, but the entire crew, including writers, directors, camerapeople, etc. Those folks need more than 8 lousy episodes if they could get it.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I want to and I need to make sense out if.
I think a lot of people feel that way. Everyone wanted to see the show redeemed, the relationships resolved not just chopped off in mid-air. You care about seven years of a show, you don't want to feel cheated at the end.

What's worse is how so many fans stayed when they didn't enjoy the show, many found it actually offensive - but people who stuck out of faith, beliving the showrunner's spin that there was a point to all this - if there was a point, we'll never see it. That loyalty has been kicked in the face.

And I doubt we'll get closure or ever really know. The negotiations are probably beyond true spoilers, they took place among the big players - network, studio, and the top stars (actually, their representatives). They'll spin but they all failed the fans,

I'm resigned that we'll never really know. They'll want to forget and move on - I do harbor a grudge, if only out of sheer principle. I know I'll try to avoid all parties involved in the future, because it is clear not one of them cared about the values that made me love this show.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

Sassy said the girls agreed to 13 episodes right ? And they just needed to get the papers ready and signed right ? But when the day came and they sat around that round table the girls said no we only want 8 episodes.
Isn't there something called verbal contract I don't know how that is been handled in the US so maybe someone can help me out with it.

With most contracts there is a couple of days grace period where any party can change their mind without penalty. I'm not sure if that also applies to entertainment law though.

Seems like a typical game of chicken - LG/AB tried to push a little more and the CW finally had enough.

avi by go clo
Old 05-08-2007, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If nothing was signed then it was not legal, just like a certain wedding in Paris

Last edited by lancer1993; 05-08-2007 at 04:23 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread