Passionate Fan

A fresh 7.21 summary:

[Cappuccino, für Dich! ]

Quote:
Episode 7.21: Unto The Breach
Air date: 8 May 2007

Written by: David Rosenthal & Jennie Snyder
Directed by: Lee Shallat Chemel

'Unto the Breach' is a book by John Ringo that was released in November of 2006. It could also refer to Shakespeare's Henry V speech: "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more...", which also means "Let's try again one more time".

- On the eve of Rory's graduation, Emily and Richard throw her a party and perform a song in her honor. At the party, Lorelai and Christopher are reunited for the first time since their separation, and both are relieved to find they can still be friends.

- The guests are all older men and women dressed in suits and dresses and were staging in the mansion. One of them was playing the piano in the mansion, Emily and Richard sing for Rory. Booze was back on the drink cart in the living room.

- Logan made a toast thanking professors' etc... in the end kneels down [???] and ask Rory her hand in marriage with a 3 carat square diamond ring, but she is too shocked to give him an answer and begs Lorelai to help her decide what to do.

- There's a clip of Richard leaning over Emily to tell Lorelai, "Enjoy your daughter's graduation, this is as much your moment as Rory's." There's also a shot of Logan telling everyone at the party that he's nervous, but that he didn't think he'd be. It shows E/R smiling, and Lorelai putting her hand on Chris' shoulder (They're both looking shocked), before they show Logan proposing.

Quote:
Directors Cut Clip - 7.21 - Unto the Breach
GILMORE MANSION
[Yale graduation party for Rory, there are dozens of people. Lorelai and Chris walk up to Rory.]

CHRISTOPHER: Hey kiddo.
RORY: Hi dad.
CHRISTOPHER: Hey

[They kiss on the cheek]

CHRISTOPHER: It’s good to see you.
LOGAN: Good to see you too sir.
CHRISTOPHER: So you getting excited?
RORY: Yeah I can’t believe it’s tomorrow.

[Glasses tapping sound as Richard starts to speak.]

RICHARD: Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen. First let me thank you for coming to celebrate my grand daughters graduation. Ouch [Emily pinches Richard on the arm.] I do beg your pardon, celebrating our grand daughters graduation.
EMILY: Well I can’t let him take all the credit, have you seen her, can you blame me?

[Rory and Logan smile at each other as the crowd chuckles.]

RICHARD: So when my wife and I sat down to write this toast we ran into something of a problem. All of our words sounded too mundane, to insignificant to mark such an auspicious occasion as Rory’s graduation from Yale, so instead. Maestro.
EMILY: Please excuse we’re not singers.

[Piano music starts]

RICHARD: Never let them see you sweat dear.

[Short pause and the music plays.]

RICHARD: [singing] You’re the top.

[Rory and the crowd are surprised]

RICHARD: [singing] You have graduated.
EMILY: [singing] You’re the top, you’re grand parents are elated.
RICHARD: [singing] Newspaper editor, Phi Beta Kappa, WOW!
EMILY: [singing] You’re a revelation, a huge sensation.
RICHARD: [singing] You should take a bow.
EMILY: [singing] You are done, no more school for you.
RICHARD: [singing] There is nothing now that you can’t do.
EMILY: [singing] You make us proud, we’ll sing it loud.
RICHARD: [singing] It’s true.
RICHARD & EMILY: [singing] ‘Cause now Rory you’re a Bulldog through and through.

[Applause and laughter from the crowd]

LOGAN: Yeah.
EMILY: Stop.
RICHARD: Oh thank you, thank you.

[Rory goes to kiss Richard and Emily]

RORY: Thank you for that.
EMILY: We meant every work of that song.
RICHARD: We certainly did, even the ones we sang off-key. We’re so proud of you.
RORY: Oh thank you so much, you know that none of this would be possible without your help. You should all know that, that there is no way that I could be a Bulldog “through and through” if it weren’t for these two. So thank you so much grandma and grandpa.
RICHARD: Congratulations Rory, to you.

[They toast]
- Rory tells Lorelai that Chris is coming to the graduation

- The graduation scene features Christopher and Lorelai standing and cheering for Rory. Emily and Richard are also there.

- On graduation day, Rory and Paris receive their diplomas, and Rory finally gives Logan her answer.

- Rory wants to be independent. She tells Logan she wants to be her own person and make her own decisions. When Rory and Logan break up, Rory will still be in her graduation garb and will hand him back a black ring box. He takes it and walks away.

- Also we had several set reports with photos which had Rory and Logan alone when he proposed with a carriage and horses standing there. But it seams Rory & Lorelai ride in the horse carriage. [???]

- Logan gets a job in NYC [???]

- Meanwhile, Lorelai is embarrassed about her karaoke serenade to Luke the night before, and Luke is hurt when he overhears her saying it didn't mean anything.

- When episode 21 had just started filming, they were filming a diner scene that night so even though Luke doesn't go to the graduation there's still scenes that have L&L interacting in the episode.

- Paris and Doyle pack up their apartment. And Paris's apt. was all cleaned out except for in the middle was a stack of moving boxes with hand-written markings saying "Books", "Linens", etc. like you would do if you were packing for a move.

- The townies are upset that they can't go to Rory's graduation. They (Babette, Patty, Kirk), etc talk about how they're not invited in Luke's and there's a town meeting about how they feel like they should be invited. They were setting up Miss Patty's to film a night scene -hanging up the black material to film a night scene during the day.

- There was a sign by the high school that prom tickets were for sale.

- Liz's garage was set up as a workshop for her jewelry with a sign that says "Lady Elizabeth's Accessories".

Lorelai, Rory, Emily, Richard, Christopher, Logan, Luke, Paris, Kirk, Sookie, Jackson, Olivia, Lucy, Babette, Miss Patty are in the episode.