4 May 2007
Starts @ 14:56
D: Let’s talk about Gilmore Girls
A: I actually liked this weeks
D: Uh, really?
A: Yeah
D: Why did you like it ?
A: I don’t know read your email first. And then we’ll talk
D: Well, Uh Sylvia, Italy’s biggest Gilmore Girl fan, says she uh, the scene in the karaoke bar in this weeks episode, She’s uh, still crying over it, it was simply wonderful, I ask if anyone will be brave enough to say that Lauren and Scott don’t have chemistry together, the have tons of chemistry, just the way they look at each other
MA: Yeah when they are 100 ft. apart.
( laughter a lot of talk)
D: I’m sorry Sylvia
A: She was looking at a blue screen for all we know
D: Yeah I mean Sylvia, I’m sorry. I appreciate the sentiment, but they weren’t even at the same shot .
A: Yeah He could have been looking at-
MA: It was a nice scene though.
A: It was, it was a very nice scene
D: It came together very well
MA: And that was a tough thing for Lauren to pull off the singing and the acting -
D: And then pretending that somebody played by Scott Patterson, was someone she likes
MA: Stop.
D: Whatever.
MA: Stop.
(pause)
MA: They are great together and um.
M: R they sweet?
MA: R they sweet?!
M: Together
MA: R you making fun of me Maitland?
M: No! Would I ever do that?
(laughter)
MA: They are sweet and I’m sweet on them
M: Awww, I like this side of you
D: I liked the Rory , the whole Rory thing because I like seeing her brought down and pay
A: Right
D: She s bit of a smarty ass
A: Right and as you have pointed out a couple weeks ago, she had made a big mistake turning down that job, and they obviously found somebody else to fill that position
D: And, uh, Mike uh. A lot of people are talking about still the whole issue of, will it come back next season, a shortened season. You reported this week, “ ‘That talks are at a standstill’ ”
MA: Well, actually just breaking news, Um. About an hour ago before the thing (?) Gilmore Girls has been renewed through 2034 season
D: Thank you
M: but it’s moving to HBO right?
MA: No it’s actually moving to Showtime.
M: Oh
(laughter)
D: No, Cinimax
MA: Uh, talks are at a -
A: That would be a very different kind of Gilmore Girls
MA: Talks are at a standstill
M: Oh, even better it could go to Logo. That would be really good.
D: Uh. Katie
MA: Why do you look at me when you saw Logo ?
D: Whoa- oOO!
M: Because you’re the one who knows about -
(laughter, babbling, and Dan saying Whoa-OOOOOO!)
D: I missed that (….) I don’t want to get dragged into that. Uh, Katie
M: I’m sorry, did you say drag, for a reason.
Angel and MA laughs
D: Oh Maitland.
A: Maitland, You are in good form today I like it.
D: Maitland, you fruitcake
MA: Filing’s Basement sells men’s clothes to Maitland
M: Hey Filing’s Basement paid my salary when for the years when I worked at the New York city’s Bally because that’s when the ______ ( Kirstein) (not important) money came from. So I would never say a bad thing about them
D: Hey Mike a listener named Katie says “I can’t imagine anything worse then Dawn Ostroff , head of CW saying ‘ hey sorry Gilmore Girls fan the episode that aired a couple days ago, remember that? That was your series finale’
(everyone laughs)
MA: That’s what I pointed out in my blog.
(Laughter)
MA: I think it’s very possible, That episode might air and we won’t know if it’s the last one.
D: It’s insane
MA: It is insane. A show that has a seven year run -
A: Here’s my question though about the CW. If they’re presumably, Seventh Heaven is gone, Gilmore Girls if-y, Veronica Mars if-y, like what are they gonna have next season?
MA: Supernatural
D: Pussy. Cat. Dolls. 2.
MA: Supernatural
M: What are they gonna kill one of those girls, then they have to look for a new one?
MA: One Tree Hill, Reaper, Gossip Girl. Come on Angel, Get a little more plugged in.
A: It seems like they are losing a lot of their sort of bigger name shows, or could be losing a lot of their bigger name shows
MA: Yeah because 7th heaven has been a real roarer for them this season.
D; No but its had a consistent audience and has lasted -
MA: Consistently bad, small
D: I mean we wish Gilmore could last 10 more years, don’t we?
MA: Do we?
D: Well I don’t know. But fans do. Not me. But fans do.
MA: I think 10, 11 is pushing it a little much, maybe 9.5
D: And it’s about 11 days, it’s gonna be the finale of the season and possible series finale and _
MA: Yeah
D: There’s not a lot of days and we still don’t know. Crazy
MA: And it sucks for the CW, they can’t promote it as a series finale, they could get a lot of mileage out of that.
D: Hey how awesome would it be if Georgia Fox joined the cast, cuz I hear she’s having some issues over on her show too
MA: Yeah how about that. Who first reported that Dan?
D: It was TV Guide Magazine in their finale fever issue. Oh no no sorry
(Blah Blah Blah)
The end

I didn’t see this posted so I decided to post it.
*Ok this podcast was on Friday. Did the TV guides Peeps not get the memo on GG’s Cancellation?*
*And If you ask me they all sounded like they were on crack this week, I mean more so then usual*

_Ava

Last edited by GGAva; 05-05-2007 at 10:43 AM