View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
withbatedbreath
Addicted Fan

Question: I'm excited to hear about the possible shortened eighth season of Gilmore Girls. Got anything new to report on that front?— Heather
Ausiello:
At the show's wrap party Sunday night, everyone and their sister was talking about the short order as if it was a done deal. The only sticking point appears to be the number of episodes. I'm hearing 13, but I imagine the CW is trying to stretch that to at least 16. An official announcement is imminent.

Question: Can I ask you an honest question? Do you want Gilmore Girls to go on? Or do you think that they should end it this season?— Colleen
Ausiello:
I'm torn. On the one hand, I think Rory's college graduation would be a perfect capper to these seven years. On the flip side, I'm not good with the goodbyes. Never have been, never will be. Now, if the show was in pitiful shape — along the lines of, say, the final season of Roseanne — maybe I'd be more eager to let it go. But I kinda sorta think our Girls have a little more life left in 'em. It could also be that I'm just on a high from last night's first-rate episode, which was easily the best of the season. Reminded me of the good ol' days.

Question: Do you know anything about the season/series finale of Gilmore Girls?— Jeremy
Ausiello:
I know that the townsfolk throw Rory a massive graduation party since most of them couldn't get tix to the real ceremony. I also know that the final scene features three characters and, per one source, "brings the show full circle."

Question: Please! For the sake of my sanity, not to mention my grades, in which episode will Luke and Lorelai finally reunite on Gilmore Girls?— Sarah
Ausiello:
I can confirm there's a kiss coming up.