Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2015, 08:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Arrow S&S 106 - "Oliver Queen ... is only a memory now." - Nyssa al Ghul

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x21: Al Sah-him
Airdate:April 29, 2015
Description:THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS SETS THEIR SITES ON NYSSA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation. The League of Assassins sets their sites on Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), who is back in Starling City training Laurel (Katie Cassidy). When Nyssa realizes they are coming, she arms up to face them alone but Laurel asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) to help protect her new friend. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode withstory by Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#321).
Spoilers:

3x22: This Is Your Sword
Airdate:May 6, 2015
Description:AL SAH-HIM TAKES HIS FINAL STEPS TO ASCENSION; ROY AND THEA REUNITE — Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) finishes his training and is left with two final tasks to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s (guest star Matt Nable) threatens Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) and delivers some shocking news. Meanwhile, Malcolm (John Barrowman) makes a surprising offer to Team Arrow and Thea (Willa Holland) goes to see Roy (Colton Haynes). Wendey Stanzler directed the episode with story by Erik Oleson and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#322).
Spoilers:

3x23: My Name is Oliver Queen
Airdate:May 13, 2015
Description:THE HEART-STOPPING SEASON FINALE — Everyone’s lives are in danger as Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) puts forth his final plan. Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) must decide if he’s strong enough to take on this new role and what it will mean for everyone on Team Arrow, and his soul. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Jake Coburn (#323).
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96, 97,
98 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

Last edited by scccf10; 04-30-2015 at 09:31 AM
Old 04-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler Alert ... for Arrow season 12

A closer look at the famous future newspaper on tonight's Flash.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

Magnus and Alec
Old 04-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt! I totally forgot we were reaching our limit on the last thread and was just posting along, lol. We went through that last one fast it seems like. Thanks for the new one!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think he will go by Green Arrow no later then the 5th season.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer
Everyone makes mistakes, even Ra's. Nyssa could've been anywhere in the world, you don't just let the former heir up and leave if you decide you are going to kill her.
^You do if you have a bigger plan in store for her. Yes people in general make mistakes but RAG has been concocting some kind of sinister plan for a long time. This mistake he wouldn't make. RAG could've found Nyssa no matter where she tried to run to, that much is obvious. Even Oliver said, "Where are we going to fly to?" when Diggle tried to get him to leave. meaning RAG can find him, Nyssa, whoever no matter where they go. That's how the League works, you can't escape them. RAG's bigger problem was getting Oliver into the League. He can kill Nyssa any time he wants to. It was first things first., get Oliver secured as his heir. Now he's going to deal with Nyssa. RAG is way too calm and in control to a made a mistake like this. He didn't just spend all this time systematically destroying Oliver's life so he would join the League only to forget he has a biological child. Oh no, he knows exactly what he is doing. That's what makes him so dangerous. You can't escape him and he's always like 5 steps ahead of you. And if he wants you dead you will become dead. He's just going to do it in the way that benefits him most. So probably he still needs her for something. Though I doubt it's marriage to Oliver or grandbabies. Whatever he's got planned is much more sinister than that. I mean the marriage thing would be horrendous but this is RAG forcing an offensive marriage is child's play, he's playing at a much bigger game than that.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-28-2015, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

There is no long time planning when he only met Oliver less then a year ago.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

We don't know how long he's been planning to find a different heir. We don't know how long he knew about Oliver's existence before we saw them meet on screen. RAG is powerful and the LoA is far reaching. He could been planning at least certain things for a long time. Oliver knew about him long before he met him, stands to reason RAG could've know about Oliver long before they met too. We won't know for sure until he reveals all his plans, but I have a feeling he knows what he's doing and has for a long time. And his plan is bigger and more sinister than weddings and grand babies. And honestly it really knocks RAG's power and scariness (and that of the LoA) down several notches if a forced wedding to his gay daughter is the only way he can keep Oliver solidified in the LoA. Seems like his decision as leader and that prophecy should be enough. And that can't be his plan for Nyssa and for Oliver. Doesn't make sense at this point in time particularly. Something much bigger than that has to be going on.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

tftnt .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 04-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Elite Fan

Do you think it's possible that Oliver might never be under any mind voodoo? That it will be an act from the start. Maybe that's why whatever happens damages Oliver and Diggle's relationship so much. Because Oliver will know what he is doing, is in control, but has to do bad things to Diggle to sell his ruse. Maybe Diggle is affected by not only being hurt that his best friend could hurt him but is also upset because Oliver didn't find a way to let him in on his plan. Like maybe he feels like Oliver should've trusted him with his plan, trusted him to play along to protect Oliver. I'm just wondering because I don't get how Diggle could really blame Oliver for whatever happens or why SA is disappointed in Oliver in 3x21 if Oliver doesn't have control of his actions. I mean no one is blaming Thea for killing Sara under the mind control drugs or Roy for killing that cop under Mirakuru. So if something like that was done to Oliver then they couldn't blame him either. So that really makes me wonder if he is acting like he's under some kind of mind voodoo the whole time. I think at the very least he is himself by the time he goes to visit Barry. Although was that whole thing about RAG taking Oliver's memories a real spoiler or just speculation?

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-29-2015 at 12:15 AM
Old 04-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
We don't know how long he's been planning to find a different heir. We don't know how long he knew about Oliver's existence before we saw them meet on screen. RAG is powerful and the LoA is far reaching.
Yeah....he's been planning on Oliver taking over since he was a baby. That's just grasping at straws. Ra's hasn't had any plans for him until he met him.

Ra's is over 100 years old, people are going to hear about him. Oliver is a 30 yrold, who is barely a blimp on anyone's radar until he hooded up.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-29-2015 at 12:23 AM
Old 04-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I never said since he was a baby. And the SC vigilante has been in the news for 3 years now. That is enough time for RAG to learn who Oliver is long before they met. Plus Oliver met Nyssa long before he met RAG, she could've reported back things to her father that peaked his interest. And since they haven't told us how long RAG has been plotting against Oliver, it is possible it's longer than we think. And like I said he could've had the replace Nyssa with someone else plan in motion for a very long time but Oliver became his solution more recently. I'm not grasping at straws I'm just saying there is still a lot we don't know about RAG's plans. And regardless of how long he's been planning, I still think he knows exactly what he is doing and is way too smart to have just forgotten Nyssa could be an issue. He's going after her now at this point in time for a reason. Psycho villains like RAG don't make stupid mistakes like forgetting there is someone else he needs to kill. He's way too calculating to have not have had a plan for Nyssa in the works for some time now.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:07 AM
Absolute Fan

I think Im with the side of the fandom who think Marc is trolling and trying to misdirect the audience into believing that Oliver is marrying Nyssa when really they are planning to marry Oliver and Felicity. There has been a lot of wedding hints for Felicity and Oliver and there has been nothing in the show to suggest that Oliver and Nyssa are going to get married or that Ras even desires that they get married.

I mean if his big evil plan is a wedding and a baby... lame

I like to think the writers have something more sinister and smarter in mind for Ras.

Plus whats the point or the aim of having Nyssa and Oliver marry?- its not going to go last beyond the moment itself and from an audience/business perspective.....who actually gives two effs about Nyssa and Oliver marrying?

I don't know I just dont buy it. Plus we know that Oliver and Felicity end up driving off into the sunset at the end of the season regardless of whether they are the ones getting married or not.

Last edited by pollock; 04-29-2015 at 03:24 AM
Old 04-29-2015, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

^I agree with all of this. Straight to the point but still well said. I'm thinking the exact same thing. Definitely.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread