Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Arrow S & S #53: "We are full speed ahead, stakes high...It's good to be back. Really good." - SA

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his ex-girlfriend and first love Laurel, and best friend Tommy, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the attack on the Glades by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his personal driver (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his executive assistant (computer expert) Oliver, the Arrow is cleaning up the city in the wake of the destruction of the Glades. Roy Harper, the boy who hero worships the Arrow is also working for him behind the scenes. As well as, Officer Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow). Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...
The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.
Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

3.01--> TBA
Airdate-->TBA
Description-->

Season 3 Filming to begin July 9th, with prep beginning in mid june.
General Spoilers-->
Stephen Amell Confirmed in Flash Pilot
John Borrowman promoted to Series Regular for S3

Season 3 Spoilers

Twitter-->
Cast-->
Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy/Laurel "Dinah" Lance
Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Colton Haynes/Roy Harper
Willa Holland/ Thea Queen
Caity Lotz/Sara Lance
Manu Benett/Slade Wilson
Colin Salmon/Walter Steele
Crew-->
Greg Berlanti/Executive Producer[/FONT][/I]
Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads
Arrow S & S #52: ""Oliver has Roy to train, and I have Felicity to train. That's pretty much where we're going with this."" - David Ramsey
Arrow S & S #51: "God, I love DR. David Ramsey is just,gah. I really hope they give Dig more to do next season." - hannahfan
Arrow S & S #50: "We will see how much of that humanity he wants to get back in the present." - SA
Arrow S & S #48: "She's the heart of the show" - Manu Bennett, Dallas Con, Re Felicity Smoak
Arrow S & S #48: "Do you know anyone hiring ex-billionaires with superior archery skills?" - Oliver, 2x23
Arrow S & S #47: "You made me a hero, Slade." - Oliver, 2x23
Arrow S & S #46: "We know you love her so we saved her for last." CW Arrow
Arrow S & S #45: It's happening it's happening, everybody stay calm STAY CALM
Arrow S & S #44: "You're done when I say you're done" - Slade
Arrow S & S #43: "Felicity is a B.A.M.F!!" by Just Jarred
Arrow S & S #42: "You must feel very powerful, knowing everything about everyone." Felicity to Waller 2x21
Arrow S & S #41: "The essence of heroism is to die so that others can live," - Peter to Ollie
Arrow S & S #40: "It started with the three of us. It's time we got back to that." - Oliver Queen
Arrow S & S #39: "I know, Oliver . . . I could not be more proud" - Moira Queen, 2x20
Arrow S&S #38
Arrow S&S #37: This show is so unintentionally funny sometimes
Arrow S & S #36: "Welcome home." - Slade
Arrow S & S #35: "How do you kill the ultimate weapon?" - Trailer
Arrow S & S #34: "Felicity whumpers rule Fanforum." by Vaberella
Arrow S & S #33: “How is Miss Rochev these days? Still angry that Dorothy dropped a house on her sister?” by Moira Queen
Arrow S & S #32: "Get Slade or get slayed" by Vikram Phalange
Arrow S & S #31: "Team Arrow suffers a devastating loss." -Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #30: "Remember, Sara was in the League of Assassins, not the League of Heroes."- AK
Arrow S & S #29: "This has to end." - Oliver in BoP
Arrow S & S #28: "Diggle, Deadshot, H.I.V.E., Andy Diggle is not over." David Ramsey
Arrow S & S #27: "Where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the year," Marc Guggenheim on Sara x Oliver
Arrow S & S #26: "Dude's ego is writing checks his talent can't cash!" - DarkStar on Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #25: "See you round kid" - Slade Wilson *drives off like a boss*
Arrow S&S #24 "Well, I do think we have been butt dialed." ~ Felicity
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/arrow-s-...iver-63117739/
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/arrow-s-...eath-63117435/
Arrow S & S # 21: "You think no one can get to you? But I can..." - The Clock King
Arrow S & S # 20: "All the balls we're putting in the air, will eventually come together." Stephen Amell (FB)
Arrow S & S #19: "Felicity has never had a nemesis on the show before. And now, William Tockman is now it." - Marc Guggenheim (2x14 - Time of Death)
Arrow S & S #18 "How did you two meet?" Quentin Lance; "VIGILANTE CLUB." Sara Lance
Arrow S & S #17 "Not to tell you how to do your vigilante-ing, but the grease paint thing is a poor identity concealer" ~~ Barry Allen
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/Arrow S&S #16: What matters they don't teach your about right crosses assassin School.
Arrow S&S #15 Revenge has a New Target Battle Comes Home
Arrow S&S #14 "Does this group have a name, like "Team Arrow" or something?" ~ Roy

Special thanks to LoveDecoded for thread title.

Last edited by vaberella; 07-09-2014 at 02:26 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Reserve Space......

Please continue with any relevant cobversations and discussions from previous thread.

**As a note this is a hell of a thing to do on a smart phone. At least mine doubles as a tablet.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Loyal Fan

From Stephen's fb page. Is he serious? I can't believe they are bringing firestorm in.

I am starting to get nervous ... so worried they are gonna f it up, not even kidding.

ETA - Oh, I see now, going through the older threads, he is going to be on the flash? Cool. That makes me feel better.

Thanks vabs for the new thread!! Need to update 3x01 - The Calm, 10.8.14 (YAYYYYY!)

Last edited by iluvtorun; 07-09-2014 at 01:53 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Loyal Fan

TYFTNT Vabs!

So much brilliant news!!

Not awake yet and must process....
Old 07-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/l/t1.0-9/10501662_679912172094053_4193807479935131168_n.

From Stephen's fb page. Is he serious? I can't believe they are bringing firestorm in.

I am starting to get nervous ... so worried they are gonna f it up, not even kidding.

ETA - Oh, I see now, going through the older threads, he is going to be on the flash? Cool. That makes me feel better.

Thanks vabs for the new thread!! Need to update 3x01 - The Calm, 10.8.14 (YAYYYYY!)
You don't have to look on past threads. The poster clearly depicts The Flash symbol in the center. Will update episode info in a minute.

Last edited by vaberella; 07-09-2014 at 02:10 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt Vabs! I just brought this over ...

Something else to spaz about ...

Quote:
The CW's Arrow and its spinoff The Flash won't premiere until October, but DC Entertainment is giving fans some comic relief while they wait. The Arrow digital comic series, which has been on hiatus since last year, is set to return with an all-new chapter in the life of Oliver Queen, while The Flash: Season Zero will bring us up to speed on the life of Barry Allen, a.k.a. the Fastest Man Alive. Both books are being written by the series' showrunners, guaranteeing the stories are in sync with what we see on TV.

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim is thrilled to be expand the show's universe with Arrow: Season 2.5. Unlike the original comic's self-contained chapters, this version will "tell one continuous story that I've separated into two-different arcs," says Guggenheim, who is penning the series with Keto Shimizu, an Arrow staff writer. "It will take us from the end of Season 2 right up to the beginning of Season 3."

Season 2.5 is being designed to fit seamlessly into the TV series' storyline. "We've tried to put in all the elements that people like about the show, so there will be Oliver and Felicity banter," Guggenheim promises. "We're going to see what's happened to Detective Lance after he collapsed in the season finale. A good chunk of the burning questions left over will get answered in the tie-in comic."

The comic, which features art by Joe Bennett with inks by Jack Jadson, will also set the stage for new elements to be seen on TV. "Particularly towards the latter half of the series, we're going to start introducing characters who you'll see in Season 3," Guggenheim teases. "If everything goes according to plan you'll start to see characters in the comics before they show up on TV."

Guggenheim's fellow Arrow exec producer Andrew Kresiberg, who is now also showrunner on The Flash, is excited to give readers more of Barry Allen's backstory as he settles into his new identity as the Scarlet Speedster. "Flash: Season Zero takes place between the pilot and episode 2," Kreisberg says. "Barry will [already] be the Flash, he will have his team, everyone will be in that world, and we'll introducing a new set of villains that we won't be seeing on the TV show. It'll feel like the same heart, humor and spectacle that you get watching Flash."

Season Zero, which is being co-written by Brooke Eikmeier and Katherine Walczak and features art by Phil Hester and Eric Gapstur, will showcase the entire TV cast, plus these new rogues, a group of circus performers who gained super powers as a result of the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator explosion that also transformed Barry (as seen in the Arrow episode "Three Ghosts," as well as The Flash's pilot). This "freakshow gallery," as Kreisberg calls them, are lead by Mr. Bliss, a character who first appeared in DC's Starman comic series: "He has the ability to manipulate peoples' emotions. He and his cadre of circus folk have decided that they've been pushed around long enough and are going to take it to society."

Though The Flash (like Arrow) will be have a real world feel, the comic companion will embrace the franchise's colorful roots. "The villains are a little bit more costume-y and a little bit more outlandish," Kreisberg says. "They don't necessarily have to be as grounded as on the TV show."

The first chapter of Arrow: Season 2.5 is scheduled for a digital release on Monday, Sept. 1, followed by the first chapter of The Flash: Zero Year on Monday, Sept. 8. The series will alternate releases every Monday at readdcentertainment.com and via the DC Comics app, the iBookstore, Nook Store and Kindle Store.

The first printed collection of The Flash goes on sale Wednesday, Oct. 1, while the initial Arrow book reaches comic book stores on Wednesday, Oct. 8.
DC Entertainment Launches New Arrow and The Flash Digital Comics - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Marc Guggenheim ‏@mguggenheim 9m
Here we go…
===============
Not arrow related, but ...

Quote:
@FlashTVNews: .@RobbieAmell Lands A Recurring Role On #TheFlash… As Firestorm! Robbie Amell Lands A Recurring Role On The Flash... As Firestorm! | FlashTVNews YAY! Congrats!
Quote:
Robbie Amell is joining this fall's eagerly anticipated The Flash in the recurring role of Ronnie Raymond, better known within the DC Universe as ½ of the hero Firestorm. In the world of The Flash, Ronnie is a maintenance worker at S.T.A.R. Labs and Dr. Caitlin Snow's fiancé, and he plays an integral part in the particle accelerator accident that transforms Barry Allen into the Flash.
Robbie Amell Lands A Recurring Role On The Flash... As Firestorm! | FlashTVNews

Quote:
@GreenArrowTV: Trivia: In the original comic books, Felicity Smoak is Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm's stepmother. @RobbieAmell @EmilyBett
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)

Last edited by Iluv2fly; 07-09-2014 at 04:32 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

TYFTNT!

Day one of shooting isn't even over yet and we already have SO much we can spec about!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm so excited!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Loyal Fan

@Fly, two things I got from your post. They have totally scrapped the original Felicity Smoak background; which wasn't much, it went from crap to mulch and are using it for fertilizer. Luckily, I am actually accepting of retconning. They are now revamping the entire Felicity Smoak storyline into something far more interesting, for me at least. No Edward Raymond/Felicity Smoak in our history. Felicity Smoak is her own entity, as we FS fans have said since the beginning. She is not based on the characters, they just took her name. FS wasn't even implied to be good at computers she was just a business woman with a computer company...think Meg Whitman for computer people and/or politics people. I was into both so I know her. Anyway our Felicity is the total anti-thesis of her name sake. Good job Arrow.

Second point I've taken from this...These guys know how to sell a comic book. They are making sure over and over and over again to stress the fact Felicity is in the comic, Felicity will be bantering with Oliver, ie Olicity will be in play in the comics. They know how to make it work. As a former collector, I always buy two. Those guys will be getting $10 per release. Start bringing out action figures...ie Felicity/Sara and more New York cons and they will be robbing me blind. These guys know who their cash cow is and they are milking that like I have never seen. For those who say Olicity is not a large part of the fanbase, the actions made by the Execs on this says otherwise. As an economists, it makes me smile. As a consumer, comic fan, and Arrow fan I feel used and abused. I need to work these feelings out. I should never have gotten my Masters in Economics.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:43 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Extreme Fan

what are we at 90 days and 23 hours til 301!

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 07-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I like that Felicity is a completely new and original character that the writers only took the name of comic Felicity Smoak

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Emily Bett Rickards @EmilyBett · 36m
First day nap time @coltonlhaynes #Arrow Instagram

I couldn't resist this — too cute!

Quote:
Robbie AmellVerified account
‏@RobbieAmell
Yeah!! RT @BoisleneAdelia: @RobbieAmell @amellywood the Amell boys!!!!

I agree Vabs — Felicity and Olicity are the draw which = $$$

Quote:
“ARROW”

Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) on The CW

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. He returned home to Starling City, welcomed by his devoted mother Moira (Susanna Thompson), beloved sister Thea (Willa Holland) and former flame Laurel Lance.

With the aid of his trusted chauffeur/bodyguard John Diggle (David Ramsey), the computer-hacking skills of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) and the occasional, reluctant assistance of former police detective, now police captain, Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne), Oliver has been waging a one-man war on crime.

After suffering a massive defeat at the end of Season One, Oliver started Season Two determined to fight his battles without causing bloodshed. But this new credo was challenged when his sworn enemy, Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett), returned to Starling City bent on destroying Oliver’s life. Though Slade succeeded in hurting Oliver, killing his mother and driving his sister Thea to her biological father, Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman), Oliver ultimately defeated Slade and saved Starling City from Slade’s brutal army.

In the aftermath of this victory, Season Three opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers & Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“Eli Stone,” “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and Sarah Schechter (“Flash,” “Mysteries of Laura,” “Pan”).
http://cbspressexpress.com/the-cw/shows/arrow/about
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)

Last edited by Iluv2fly; 07-09-2014 at 08:01 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Woah woah woah!! Is that a joke or a legit episode description?!?! I think they are trying to kill us by giving Olicity fans so much to crazy over until October.

ETA: I mean there's the hitch right? SA has said numerous times that we'll find out very early on whether Oliver truly meant the ILY. He's going to be on the verge of admitting his feelings and bam! Some villain swoops in and he has to re-prioritize. He'll rethink the idea that he can have a normal relationship. Emily tweeted the first episode has "heartbreak". I could see Oliver having to "be cruel to be kind" and being a jerk to her so that she can move on… to Ray Palmer.

This season is going to do things to me, guys. Emotionally compromised doesn't cover it.
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa

Last edited by SqueegyBeckinheim; 07-09-2014 at 08:21 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Looooooooool so much for Oliver never showing signs of romantic feelings and olicity being a tease this makes so much sense with all the things SA has been saying tho, like I would bet so much money Oliver gives another ' the life that I lead' speech which is why SA keeps bringing up 2x06 in interviews. Ahhhhh this is exactly what I wanted!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread