Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Arrow S&S 102: "Your days as the Arrow are finished." - Malcolm Merlyn

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

3x19: Broken Arrow
Airdate: April 15, 2015
Description: DOUG JONES GUEST STARS AS DC COMICS’ VILLAIN DEATHBOLT — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) continues his mission to take down the Arrow (Stephen Amell) so Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) orders Oliver to keep a low profile. However, when a meta-human named Jake Simmons (guest star Doug Jones), who kills people with blasts of energy and plasma, starts terrorizing Starling City, Oliver is forced to ask Ray (Brandon Routh) for help. The unlikely duo is forced to team up to save the city. Doug Aarniokoski directed the episode with story by Jake Coburn and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#319). Original airdate 4/15/2015.
Spoilers:

3x20: The Fallen
Airdate:April 22, 2015
Description:BACK TO NANDA PARBAT — Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) finally makes Oliver (Stephen Amell) an offer he can’t refuse. The team joins Oliver on his journey to Nanda Parbat where a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Oscar Balderrama (#320).
Spoilers:

3x21: Al Sah-him
Airdate:April 29, 2015
Description:THE LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS SETS THEIR SITES ON NYSSA — Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation. The League of Assassins sets their sites on Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law), who is back in Starling City training Laurel (Katie Cassidy). When Nyssa realizes they are coming, she arms up to face them alone but Laurel asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Diggle (David Ramsey) to help protect her new friend. Thor Freudenthal directed the episode withstory by Beth Schwartz and teleplay by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#321).
Spoilers:

3x22: This Is Your Sword
Airdate:May 6, 2015
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: My Name is Oliver Queen
Airdate:May 13, 2015
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96, 97,, 98, 99, 100, 101
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

Last edited by scccf10; 04-12-2015 at 11:15 AM
Old 04-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Bringing this over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)

These three still together in the finale
Old 04-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Supreme Fan

I hope the season ends with Laurel and Nyssa going off together to train. Then she pops back in for S4 saving Olivers butt and telling him "Looks like you need more training"
Old 04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
I hope the season ends with Laurel and Nyssa going off together to train. Then she pops back in for S4 saving Olivers butt and telling him "Looks like you need more training"
Yeah No Thanks, unless she can be gone the 5 years it took to get Oliver to level he is at. Otherwise that makes no sense to me.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

^Agree, lol.

Seems like we can rest assured Quentin doesn't die. But now I really need to know what happened to Roy.

Also I'm glad to see Oliver in his Arrow suit again but how could they already be filming the new spinoff? It's not airing until 2016. Are they just doing a teaser for it? So they have something to show at Comic Con? What a weird scene though all of them just gathered on some big balcony. What is that,lol? Also I'm really ready for them to just tell us how a dead and buried Sara is involved. It's starting to drive me a little crazy them just chugging along with tthe spinoff while us fans are like but Sara is very totally dead. I'm ready for some answers on that.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-12-2015 at 12:27 PM
Old 04-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yeah No Thanks, unless she can be gone the 5 years it took to get Oliver to level he is at. Otherwise that makes no sense to me.
Why do people always use this arguement? Oliver's not a great fighter himself, RAG nearly killed him & the only people he's sucessfully managed to take down are petty criminals. Laurel on the other hand from day 1 without training has been able to defend herself in life threatening situations, kick ass, use a gun to defend herself & other people and talked down Helena when Oliver wasn't bothered to. This season since she begun training she's been kicking more people's ass and getting it handed to her. But and I must point out this is aimed at the writers NOT people here that I think the way Laurel's been handled is extremely sexist. We're not meant to question Oliver's methods, the way he can do things or the amount of times he's had it handed him to him instead acting like he's some out of this world fighter when in reality he should've been dead after what RAG did. But with Laurel the writers are all about driving the message home that she's not the finished article, she's gonna get beaten up a lot and still has more training to do. Like you wanna do the training to make her better than she already is then fine, but please let's not pretend here that Laurel's some poor damnsel in distress who can't do sht when she can.

Quote:
Please let this happen. I would die from laughing at Oliver but it'd be worth it.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE=SRBleyton4ever;81043674]Why do people always use this arguement? Oliver's not a great fighter himself, RAG nearly killed him & the only people he's sucessfully managed to take down are petty criminals. Laurel on the other hand from day 1 without training has been able to defend herself in life threatening situations, kick ass, use a gun to defend herself & other people and talked down Helena when Oliver wasn't bothered to. This season since she begun training she's been kicking more people's ass and getting it handed to her. But and I must point out this is aimed at the writers NOT people here that I think the way Laurel's been handled is extremely sexist. We're not meant to question Oliver's methods, the way he can do things or the amount of times he's had it handed him to him instead acting like he's some out of this world fighter when in reality he should've been dead after what RAG did. But with Laurel the writers are all about driving the message home that she's not the finished article, she's gonna get beaten up a lot and still has more training to do. Like you wanna do the training to make her better than she already is then fine, but please let's not pretend here that Laurel's some poor damnsel in distress who can't do sht when she can.

We will have to agree to disagree because I don't see it or her that way at all. I never said she was a damsel in distress but she is no where near where Oliver is or her sister was. And arguing over it is not going to change anyone's opinion so I will leave it at that.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Some people are just bitter, Cori.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpikey (View Post)
Some people are just bitter, Cori.
Wow
Old 04-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

It's not about being sexist, Laurel literally hasn't had near the training or experience Olicer and Sara have, so of course she's not on their level. Roy's not on their level either and he's a dude. It's just a fact that Laurel has a lot more to learn because being a vigilante is serious business and about more than being able to defend yourself or use a gun. It's not an insult to say Laurel needs more training and it doesn't make her a damsel in distress. It's just a truth based on the fact that she's new to this and hasn't spent years training with assassins or surviving an bad guy infested island and various other life or death situations and having various skilled trainers like Sara and Oliver did. So you just can't pretend she has the skills Oliver or Sara do. Not yet anyway. That kind of stuff takes time and experience, etc. And she's literally only been doing this for a matter of months. No one is calling Laurel a damsel in distress, but she's also definitely not anywhere close to being on Oliver or Sara's level. Very few people are. Also RAG could kill MM, Slade, or pretty much anyone he wants to kill. He's that formidable of a fighter. Losing to him doesn't make Oliver a bad or unskilled fighter. It's just no one can really come to RAG's skills. He's been alive for an inhuman amount of time, so he's been able to perfect his fighting in way no one else can. And Oliver has taken down way more than just petty criminals. MM, even though technically he didn't die, Slade, China White, Bronze Tiger, Helena, Boomerang, Vertigo, that Fyres guy on the island, to name a few. The show is called Arrow. Of course Oliver has taken down more than petty criminals. And he's actually proven himself to be an excellent fighter, skilled and smart and powerful. So the idea that he's not a good fighter is just not true. He's especially not a bad fighter in comparison to Laurel. She's working on it but she's not anywhere close to him or Sara. That just a fact. So that's kind of a strange argument to make. I mean yes she has had some successes in the field like you listed but she's also had a lot of failures too (which is to be expected when you are just starting out and haven't been trained like say Sara was) like when they faced Murmur and she literally did nothing but almost get hit by a truck and prevent Oliver from stopping Murmur becasue he had to save her. So the fact is she is still learning and she needs more training, which makes sense because she's new to it and doesn't exactly have a martial arts background or anything. Roy is still learning too. And Laurel is really only just now getting the kind of training she really needs from Nyssa for this kind of thing. There is nothing sexist or insulting about it. It's just a fact that very few people have skills and experience like Oliver and Sara do and anyone deciding to be vigilante now with limited skills like Laurel or Roy or even Thea if she does in fact join TA soon is going to have a long way to go and actually has to earn being called an awesome fighter and what not.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-12-2015 at 05:21 PM
Old 04-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
It's not about being sexist, Laurel literally hasn't had near the training or experience Olicer and Sara have, so of curse she's not on their level. Roy's not on their level either and he's a dude. It's just a fact that Laurel has a lot more to learn because being a vigilante is serious business and about more than being able to defend yourself or use a gun. It's not an insult to say Laurel needs more training and it doesn't make her a damsel in distress. It's just a truth based on the fact that she's new to this and hasn't spent years training with assassins or surviving an bad guy infested island and various other life or death situations and having various skilled trainers like Sara and Oliver did. So you just can't pretend she has the skills Oliver or Sara do. Not yet anyway. That kind of stuff takes time and experience, etc. And she's literally only been doing this for a matter of months. No one is calling Laurel a damsel in distress, but she's also definitely not anywhere close to being on Oliver or Sara's level. Very few people are. Also RAG could kill MM, Slade, or pretty much anyone he wants to kill. He's that formidable of a fighter. Losing to him doesn't make Oliver a bad or unskilled fighter. It's just no one can really come to RAG's skills. He's been alive for an inhuman amount of time, so he's been to perfect his fighting in way no one else can. And Oliver has taken down way more than just petty criminals. MM, even though technically he didn't die, Slade, China White, Bronze Tiger, Helena, Boomerang, Vertigo, that Fyres guy on the island, to name a few. The show is called Arrow. Of course Oliver has taken down more than petty criminals. And he's actually proven himself to be an excellent fighter, skilled and smart and powerful. So the idea that he's not a good fighter is just not true. He's especially not a bad fighter in comparison to Laurel. She's working on it but she's not anywhere close to him or Sara. That just a fact. So that's kind of a strnage argument to make. I mean yes she has had some successes in the field like you listed but she's also had a lot of failures too (which is to be expected when you are just starting out and haven't been trained like say Sara was) like when they faced Murmur and she literally did nothing but almost get hit by a truck and prevent Oliver from stopping Murmur becasue he had to save her. So the fact is she is still learning and she needs more training, which makes sense because she's new to it and doesn't exactly have a martial arts background or anything. Roy is still learning too. and Laurel is really only just now getting the kind of training she really needs from Nyssa for this kind of thing. There is nothing sexist or insulting about it. It's just a fact that very few people have skills and experience like Oliver and Sara do and anyone deciding to be vigilante now with limited skills like Laurel or Roy or even Thea if she does in fact join TA soon is going to have a long way to go and actually has to earn being called an awesome fighter and what not.
Exactly
Old 04-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori_McGowen (View Post)
It was a sarcastic joke as payback for him mentioning it to her when she needed saving.

I'll repeat....a JOKE
Old 04-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
It was a sarcastic joke as payback for him mentioning it to her when she needed saving.

I'll repeat....a JOKE
And so what if he did, she has mentioned to him many times how much she has helped him. There is no difference.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori_McGowen (View Post)
And so what if he did, she has mentioned to him many times how much she has helped him. There is no difference.
OK. You can go ahead and take that joke that in no way insulted Oliver so seriously. You do you