Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Arrow S & S #19: "Felicity has never had a nemesis on the show before. And now, William Tockman is now it." - Marc Guggenheim (2x14 - Time of Death)

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his ex-girlfriend and first love Laurel, and best friend Tommy, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the attack on the Glades by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his personal driver (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his executive assistant (computer expert) Oliver, the Arrow is cleaning up the city in the wake of the destruction of the Glades. Roy Harper, the boy who hero worships the Arrow is also working for him behind the scenes. As well as, Officer Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow). Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

2.14--> Time of Death
Airdate--> February 26th
Description--> . ROBERT KNEPPER AND ALEX KINGSTON GUEST STAR — Oliver (Stephen Amell) brings Sara (Caity Lotz) into the Arrow team. Watching Oliver and Diggle (David Ramsey) spar with Sara and talk old scars, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) starts to feel left out. The team is investigating a villain named William Tockman, a.k.a. The Clock King (guest star Robert Knepper), who is a brilliant thief armed with technology that can open any bank vault in Starling City. After The Clock King infiltrates the computer systems in the lair, Felicity feels pressure to prove her worth. When she gets a lead on Tockman’s whereabouts, she heads out without the team, putting her in peril. Meanwhile, Oliver throws Sara a welcome home party, but Laurel (Katie Cassidy) refuses to attend. After Lance (Paul Blackthrone) makes his case for a family dinner, Laurel acquiesces, but when Oliver shows up with Sara, she loses her temper on both of them. Nick Copus directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#214).

2.15--> The Promise
Airdate--> March 5th
Description-->. THE TURNING POINT — Oliver (Stephen Amell) is shocked when he learns that Slade (Manu Bennett) has come to Starling City. Back on the island, as Oliver, Slade and Sara (Caity Lotz) prepare to take over the freighter from Ivo (guest star Dylan Neal), Sara pulls Oliver aside and tells him he needs to kill Ivo to prevent him from telling Slade what happened with Shado. Oliver feels immense guilt over the situation but realizes Slade’s growing rage from the Mirakuru makes him unpredictable and he could turn on his friends if he thinks Oliver is to blame. Oliver agrees to kill Ivo and the battle begins. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Ben Sokolowski (#A215).
Spoilers-->

2.16--> Suicide Squad
Airdate-->March 19th
Description-->
Spoilers-->

2.17--> Birds Of Prey
Airdate--> March 26th
Description-->
Spoilers-->

2.18--> DeathStroke
Airdate--> April 2nd
Description-->
Spoilers-->

2.19--> .
Airdate-->
Description-->.
Spoilers-->

2.20-->
Airdate-->
Description-->
Spoilers-->

2.21-->
Airdate-->
Description-->
Spoilers-->

2.22-->
Airdate-->
Description-->
Spoilers-->

2.23-->
Airdate-->
Description-->
Spoilers-->

General Spoilers-->
‘Arrow’ Season 2 teases: Stephen Amell and Andrew Kreisberg hint at Oliver Queen’s future with Roy Harper, Diggle, and more - Zap2it
'Arrow' Finale: Season 2 Plans, Oliver's Evolution And How The Shocking Death Will Change Everything
10 Secrets Of "Arrow" Season Two From The Cast
‘Arrow’ Season 2 spoilers: China White and more will return - Zap2it
I am beyond geeking out over the Arrow/The Flash crossover/spin-off news. Anything more to report? –Charlotte
I’ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver’s orbit.
The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder —
a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned. (Source)
SO excited about Flash coming to Arrow!!! PLEASE tell me more. — Reilly
EP Andrew Kreisberg is probably as pumped as we are, Reilly — not only because he’s getting a chance to bring to life a great character, but also because of what Barry Allen’s arrival means for all the residents of Starling City. “He’s a great character who’s going to affect all of our characters’ lives,” he teases. Most notably, look for Barry and Oliver to have a certain amount of “friction” in their relationship. (Source)
Question: Just wanted know about anything on Arrow season 2. —Dana
Ausiello: If you ever wondered how Oliver’s island existence, seen in flashback, could have been any worse, here’s a short answer for you:
pirates. (Or is it pilates? My source’s note was smudged. But I’m going with pirates.) (Source)
'Arrow' scoop: Will Oliver and Felicity get together in season 2? | Inside TV | EW.com
Question: Do you have any news on Arrow? —Calum
Ausiello: Quite interestingly, the title for this season’s fifth episode, “The Demon’s Head,” is the translation of Ra’s al Ghul — as in Batman’s infamous mentor-turned-adversary.
Thus, it kinda sorta makes sense that the hour will introduce the apprentice of a most menacing man — Awwal, a scimitar-wielding protege of Dark Archer Malcolm Merlyn. (Source)
Do you have any scoop on the Suicide Squad on Arrow? —Sam
NATALIE: Executive producer Marc Guggenheim teases that the first five episodes of Season 2 make the case that there are both heroes and villains coming into Starling City as a direct result of what The Arrow did in Season 1.
Among the villains are the previously announced Bronze Tiger, who will team up with Deadshot, the leader of the Suicide Squad in the world of Arrow —
and there could be others down the line. But never fear, help is on the way: "We'll be seeing more of A.R.G.U.S. this season," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg adds. (Source)
[PHOTO] ‘Arrow’ Season 2 Poster — Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Slade, Laurel - TVLine
Could we please have some scoop on Arrow‘s Felicity? Of the kick-ass variety, please? –Tammy
Here it is, specially requested for you, from EP Andrew Kriesberg: “Felicity will find herself in a situation in which a parachute would certainly have come in handy!” Gulp. Source
'Arrow' Star Talks Diggle's Journey & Future | ETonline.com
Can you share anything on Arrow? — Martin
NATALIE: If Oliver's journey is about becoming a hero, Moira's is about seeking redemption. Unfortunately, her trial will be trouble for Oliver. "This season Laurel is going to be joining the District Attorney's office, so she might have dealings with [the trial]," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells me. "Part of it is that she's trying to stay out of it as much as she can, but as always with these things, bad stuff happens." (Source)
Liam: I'm excited that Arrow is introducing the Flash this season, but I still want to see Roy or Thea become Speedy. Any chance either of them will team up with Ollie in season two?
Our money's on Roy being the one to suit up after chatting with the not-at-all handsome Colton Haynes. "This second season is almost like Roy's island," Haynes previews of Roy's journey to potential superhero-dom, adding that "a lot of characters from his past" will be showing up. Alas, Haynes advises fans not to hold their breath to see him in tights anytime soon. "It's going to take some time." (Source)
'Arrow': Oliver's new dynamic with Laurel (and with Dig and Felicity) | Inside TV | EW.com
‘Arrow’ Season 2 Spoilers — The Flash, Oliver/Felicity - TVLine
Arrow Set Visit: Andrew Kreisberg and the Cast Teases Season 2
Willa Holland On Arrow Season 2: Has Thea Queen Pulled Herself Together? | Access Hollywood
Emily Bett Rickards On Arrow Season 2: Will Felicity Find Love? | Access Hollywood
The Felicity Smoak Problem
Stephen Amell Dishes On Oliver's Return To The Island In Arrow Season 2 | Access Hollywood
Stephen Amell On Arrow Season 2: How Will The Arrival Of Black Canary Affect Oliver Queen? | Access Hollywood
Arrow Bosses Tease New Villains, Black Canary and More Season 2 Scoop - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Do you have any scoop on Arrow's version of Amanda Waller? — Sam
NATALIE: This will be the proto-version of Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson), who is not yet the head of A.R.G.U.S. "One of the things we'll be exploring is: What is this organization? What do they know? Who are they working with?" executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. "We've got a couple of surprises up our sleeves about that. We just started talking about something that actually won't come into play until Season 3, but is a pretty exciting way to use Amanda." However, there will be a nod to the Waller fans know and love. "Once she gets promoted, she's going to start stress-eating," Guggenheim jokes. (Source)

Twitter-->
Cast-->
Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy/Laurel "Dinah" Lance
Emily Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Colton Haynes/Roy Harper
Willa Holland/ Thea Queen
Manu Benett/Slade Wilson
Colin Salmon/Walter Steele

Crew-->
Greg Berlanti/Executive Producer

Past Threads

Arrow S & S #18 "How did you two meet?" Quentin Lance; "VIGILANTE CLUB." Sara Lance
Arrow S & S #17 "Not to tell you how to do your vigilante-ing, but the grease paint thing is a poor identity concealer" ~~ Barry Alleny
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/arrow-s-...ance-63115793/
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/arrow-s-...home-63115546/
Arrow S&S #14 "Does this group have a name, like "Team Arrow" or something?" ~ Roy
Old 02-21-2014, 08:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Please repost any relevant posts from the previous thread.

And as a note, I had changed the preview, found on our first page, for Time of Death from the initial CW cut to the Producer's Preview, which lays down an entirely different premise and intent from the initial video.

Reposting of Spoiler Topics brought by posters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
Well, I will withhold judgement until reading AND seeing LOL, but at least it's SOMETHING

I started giving up on Lost, What did they do with him?
Secondary link of spoilers were provided by thecatbastet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
Big spoilers, y'all:

http://tvline.com/2014/02/19/arrow-s.../thescientist/

Many more at source!
Here is a link to the post with ALL of the Spoilers s/he posted!

Episode Specific Spoilers - Season 2 episodes 2x13 - 2x19

All Spoiler posts by Iluv2fly:
Punch the Screen - TV Fanatic
Speculation Felicity & Laurel - Bam Bam 2x19 pic
Bam Bam 2x19 pic
2x13 and 2x14 Article spoilers
2x13 Episode Synopsis
Thea Family Pic -Willah instagram
Stephen Amell - S3 more intimate.

Coconut1214:
SS Pic

DarkStar & LadyChaos:
Time of Death - Spoilertv

iluvtorun:
Toe-to-Toe with Stephen Amell

Last edited by vaberella; 02-23-2014 at 09:04 PM
Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAdam (View Post)

Very convienient timing she starts feeling this way when Sara has joined the team. The show just needs to stop playing these games and get straight to the point. Is this about feeling left out to the team or about something else like jealousy over Oliver/Sara. Dont mix the two to please and fool shippers and non shippers at the same time, coz thats just making the show unecessarily convulated, do they think Arrow viewers are stupid or something. The did the same thing with the Barry/Felicity/Oliver, this is the same kind of game.

If they are throwing Sara, Sara/Oliver under the bus, its not for Laurel's sake its all for Felicity/Olicity to look good in the end. She will just be joining a long list of characters who they have screwed over for that character/ship Diggle, Moira, Laurel, Barry...
I don't see the point in that, they don't need more people to like Felicity. Most already do. Sadly, screwing around shippers is tv 101 nowadays. I just wish that this show didn't have to ruin two characters that I really like to do that.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Seriously, the last thing TPTB have to worry about is doing PR for Felicity/Olicity.

Sara is IMO here for two of these three reasons:

1. Olicity blocker.
2. Because she's the BC, or
3. Part of Laurel's character rehab, which has to happen if they have any chance of Laurel being BC.

I am of the opinion they haven't decided between 2 and 3 yet.

However, I will say that seeing pre-Island Sara being shady combined with possible terrible actions next ep has done more to boost Laurel's popularity than anything else. I mean, at least now there are a lot of people endorsing her anger issues, which previously were insufferable.

People looking forward to her expressing herself via hurled household objects is a huge step up for her. There might even be a gifable moment there. Somebody bothering to gif something clever from her and having people pick it up would be such an improvement. Her best bet is to be really b*tchy and funny in that b*tchiness, i.e., do things that KC does really well.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

If they are throwing Sara under the bus for anyone (which I don't really think they are) then it's for Laurel, not Felicity. Laurel is the one who is disliked by a lot of fans and considering she is meant to be female lead, it is a problem. Why would they need to ruin any characters to make people like Felicity or Olicity? Quite a large portion of the fandom already like them, or at least love Felicity.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Seriously, the last thing TPTB have to worry about is doing PR for Felicity/Olicity.
They do though. You can tell by the answers everyone has to give. They have to talk about Olicity when talking about Sara/Oliver. If it didn't matter there would be no need to mention it. Olicity is huge and they have to tip toe around it. Look how mad everyone got at Stephen's answer for why he's with Sara and not Felicity. It wasn't the answer that made the most sense, but I'm sure he doesn't even know why they put Sara and Oliver together other than for drama.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think considering it has a large fan base then the writers will want to keep the fans happy. I don't think they would do it at the cost of their story though like some shows *cough* TVD *cough* do. If they were all about pleasing the fans then they wouldn't of hooked up Oliver/Sara in the first place. It's all about Laurel IMO and her journey to wherever the hell she is going.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)

1. Olicity blocker.
3. Part of Laurel's character rehab, which has to happen if they have any chance of Laurel being BC.

I am of the opinion they haven't decided between 2 and 3 yet.

However, I will say that seeing pre-Island Sara being shady combined with possible terrible actions next ep has done more to boost Laurel's popularity than anything else. I mean, at least now there are a lot of people endorsing her anger issues, which previously were insufferable.

People looking forward to her expressing herself via hurled household objects is a huge step up for her. There might even be a gifable moment there. Somebody bothering to gif something clever from her and having people pick it up would be such an improvement. Her best bet is to be really b*tchy and funny in that b*tchiness, i.e., do things that KC does really well.
Couldn't agree more. I don't care for either lances but I supposed I liked Sara more than laurel up until the last episode and what I'm hearing about upcoming flashbacks. So if their goal was to make people sympathise will laurel more, it worked not that I like her but still.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

What have we heard about upcoming flashbacks? Someone remind me please!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
What have we heard about upcoming flashbacks? Someone remind me please!
I can't remember exactly? But it's something about Sara being shady with slade/oliver

Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

I wouldn't call it shady, I'd call it doing whatever it takes to survive. Sara survived with a mad scientist, pirates, criminals and assassins because of her survival skills.

Should she kill Ivo on her own, yes. But she probably thinks she can't because she's a girl and Ivo messed with her head. She doesn't want Slade to kill her or Oliver because of what Ivo did to Shado. So I don't fault her for trying to make that not happen.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Your post was edited. So I respond with the first one and then go with the original post that Coconut responds too.

Quote:
Isabel is a guest star, she has already fulfied her purpose for the season , being a business rival to Oliver at QC, which she will from time to time. They havent forgotten her, she just isnt a major player in the show.
If I still remember that she is missing and has to come back...that means that she has yet to fulfill her purpose. If she is displayed as a business rival for Oliver, it is short lived and from my perspective she needs to

Quote:
"Oliver and Sara didn't use their brains in this regard". Do we know what happened for sure, no we dont.
We don't know...but we know quite a bit to make up a reasoned mesh of what is going on.

Oliver talks about having a party for Sara. Is that a party in the likes of Oliver's return or working with the Lance parent units. We don't know. However, the Lance Parental units have a dinner party. Laurel is there, as she should be. Sara is there, as she should be. Oliver is there...as I think he shouldn't be since most of the people involved blamed him for the situation and the fact he was sleeping with both sisters. Then he starts sleeping with one right before this.

Laurel is not stupid, so I sincerely doubt that she will not pick up on the dating vibe.

Quote:
Yet they have shown Roy fighting and showing his heroic journey all season so far
2 episodes doesn't give me a sense of "all season" but whatever.

Quote:
Very convienient timing she starts feeling this way when Sara has joined the team. The show just needs to stop playing these games and get straight to the point. Is this about feeling left out to the team or about something else like jealousy over Oliver/Sara. Dont mix the two to please and fool shippers and non shippers at the same time, coz thats just making the show unecessarily convulated, do they think Arrow viewers are stupid or something. The did the same thing with the Barry/Felicity/Oliver, this is the same kind of game.

If they are throwing Sara, Sara/Oliver under the bus, its not for Laurel's sake its all for Felicity/Olicity to look good in the end. She will just be joining a long list of characters who they have screwed over for that character/ship Diggle, Moira, Laurel, Barry...
Actually, this has been mentioned before. Felicity has felt this way in the past. We saw this in episode 2x10, 2x11, seen again in 2x13. Oh, this is not counting S1 when she was afraid Walter called her up to his the office to fire her---she then says in later episodes that he was nice to her which means she might have been bullied and made to feel inadequate.

So her having insecurities is not new and feeling like a failure is not new for her either. In 2x10 she was made to feel this way when she led Oliver to a dead end because of Shrapnel. In 2x11, although they did dummy her and Diggle up for Laurel, she felt the same way with the rent-a-cop comment. In 2x13, you pick that up when she tells you about her mother and father. I am not understanding, how this is about convenience when the writers laid the ground work previously.

I don't think the writers are mixing the two up. There are people who get the preview the episodes before the fans. They interpret one thing. It seemed to me the interview with the actors and with the producer's preview...it was set up to clarify points.

So the episode has nothing to do with jealousy on the part of Felicity. And Felicity has yet to show any jealousy towards Sara, but actually likes her. Makes me think that this is more in line with what the PRODUCER's have in mind, which is to focus more on Felicity's insecurities to then look into her personal life.

I don't know. I see that Felicity genuinely likes Barry and wouldn't mind starting something with him. But then he might have his own show, so I had no expectation of that ever really going on long term. So I don't know how the writers misled us. As for the Oliver/Sara, I think that has the potential of being long term...if they choose to and they can. The pairing has a strong support system. I can't put Sara on the same level as Barry, because Sara could actually end up staying on the show.

Woah...you've got to be kidding me about the whole screwing characters for Olicity. How is Diggle screwed for Olicity? The entire Team Arrow was at it's best in the Russia episode. How is Moira screwed for Olicity? I think they just created a new ship for me with Moira/Felicity. There is an awesome dynamic there.

As for Sara/Oliver pairing for Olicity...meh, no. Sara and Oliver are on a whole other wave length than Oliver/Felicity. And I'm sorry to say Laurel is already and really the ONLY biggest problem that Sara/Oliver have and that is vice versa for Laurel/Oliver -- Sara is their biggest crutch.

How in the hell can Felicity trump sisters who are in love with, and have slept with, and may sleep with the same man that basically led to a lot of their issues. When it comes to any problems Oliver/Sara has, let's be honest and lay blame appropriately. Because Felicity is not Sara or Laurel's sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
If they are throwing Sara under the bus for anyone (which I don't really think they are) then it's for Laurel, not Felicity. Laurel is the one who is disliked by a lot of fans and considering she is meant to be female lead, it is a problem. Why would they need to ruin any characters to make people like Felicity or Olicity? Quite a large portion of the fandom already like them, or at least love Felicity.
EXACTLY. Everything the writers have been doing from episode 2x10 and onwards is a one track mind to saving Laurel's character. People like to claim it's Felicity.

Amen, Felicity is super popular and Oliver/Felicity is popular and they aren't even an official ship. They are just friends. If there is anything they want to do is to build the angst of the Lance sisters and Oliver is the crutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
They do though. You can tell by the answers everyone has to give. They have to talk about Olicity when talking about Sara/Oliver. If it didn't matter there would be no need to mention it. Olicity is huge and they have to tip toe around it. Look how mad everyone got at Stephen's answer for why he's with Sara and not Felicity. It wasn't the answer that made the most sense, but I'm sure he doesn't even know why they put Sara and Oliver together other than for drama.
I figured drama that related to Laurel not to Felicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Phalange (View Post)
I can't remember exactly? But it's something about Sara being shady with slade/oliver
You're right. The upcoming flashback of Sara telling Oliver that he will have to kill Ivo. Which led to a lot of people saying that Oliver may be led to the wrong path by Sara. Particularly because she did not say "WE", just "You". And also more about the Slade/Oliver...but people assume that Slade will put down some truth about Sara upon his reveal. Which will ruin Oliver's perception of Sara. A lot of the assumptions based on the information of the Oliver/Slade and Oliver/Ivo situation is about being misled by Sara. I doubt it, but nothing is confirmed until we find out more information about an episode.

Last edited by vaberella; 02-21-2014 at 09:07 AM
Old 02-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

1. Olicity blocker.
Two of those reasons I do not like. Really worried they could be throwing Sara under the bus for either one of those those reasons ( 1 or 3) or gosh even both.

Im less keen to think its because of 3 since Laurel is even written more atrociously than before during these past episodes, she is the furthest thing from becoming BC right now imo or are they unintetionally failling. I dont see how it can help much to screw up Sara while you do nothing to make Laurel likable and interesting characer on her own merit. It may work for a short time but what about long term, the Laurel lance problem will still be there.

Quote:
If they are throwing Sara under the bus for anyone (which I don't really think they are) then it's for Laurel, not Felicity.
IF they are using her as an Olicity's blocker then it cannot be for Laurel's gain who I havent seen gaining anything so far unless that changes in the next episodes. If their sole purpose for hooking up Sara/Oliver was so that she can be an Olicity blocker, then i wouldnt put it past the show to take down Sara by having her make bad decisions, like e.g taking Oliver to a family dinner she knew Laurel was going to be at (if that speculation turns out true), so Felicity can look the better person for Oliver in the end. No I, dont know this for sure yet just really skeptical that their need to create blockers for and delay Olicity could end up having them using and screwing characters like Sara.

Quote:
So her having insecurities is not new and feeling like a failure is not new for her either. In 2x10 she was made to feel this way when she led Oliver to a dead end because of Shrapnel. In 2x11, although they did dummy her and Diggle up for Laurel, she felt the same way with the rent-a-cop comment. In 2x13, you pick that up when she tells you about her mother and father. I am not understanding, how this is about convenience when the writers laid the ground work previously.
When has she ever felt left out, Diggle and Oliver spar all the time in the cave, half naked when she is there just fine doing her computer things, shouldnt she have felt left out then all that time she wasnt included by the boys. Yet now she looks very sad, when Sara is with them, sounds suspiciously to me they picked a convienient time to explore Felicity's issues. Im sure Felicity has some insecurities but its not like they arent some romantic undertones meant in this scenes imo, the show just need to stop acting like this is all about business already. Have Felicity feeling jealous I dont care (vice versa with Oliver) but dont insult my intelligence and other viewers by hiding it as all business or something is all Im asking of the show.

The season 1 Felicity and Walter scenes showed me that Felicity is a very confident woman, confident enough in her skills to tell her boss that it would be the company's loss if they fire her. In fact she shows this confidence this season recently, going against Walter and Moira. Awkward yes, insecure not so much. YMMV. In 2x10 didnt Felicity go on to do her job anyway even when Oliver berated her, I take it she knew it wasnt really about her skills being in question but something to do with Barry.

Last edited by TransAdam; 02-21-2014 at 10:16 AM
Old 02-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
No I mean PR for Olicity to get the fandom to support them. If Sara is sacrificed to improve anyone's fandom Q rating it'll be Laurel's.

It's the interpersonal shadiness of late that I'm referring to, like bothering to show us text messages, that thing about Laurel getting the cops involved. Like just in case anyone viewing missed this, Laurel is not the only Lance sister given to fits of pettiness.

Now the Island shadiness I had forgotten, but yeah, advising Oliver poorly wrt honesty, that too is shady. Not Machiavellian, just a clue about her character.

I don't think her being an Olicity blocker is throwing her under the bus. They are single adults and free to do what they like, so by blocker I mean one more reason to delay it, there will be many more delays there. Using her to build up Laurel is throwing her under the bus.

Wrt Isabel, rewatching the Russia ep, I think the fact that Oliver asks her why she's so interested in saving his family's company is a clue. Why is she? She gives an answer about just being ambitious, basically, but really? So I think that yes, she was one of Robert's mistresses, and probably legit in love with him, so those are her reasons.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 02-21-2014 at 09:15 AM
Old 02-21-2014, 09:16 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Two of those reasons I do not like. Really worried they could be throwing Sara under the bus for either one of those those reasons ( 1 or 3) or gosh even both.

Im less keen to think its because of 3 since Laurel is even written more atrociously than before during these past episodes, she is the furthest thing from becoming BC right now imo or are they unintetionally failling.
It could be an attempt at 3 but they're doing it all wrong.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread