Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Arrow S & S #28: "Diggle, Deadshot, H.I.V.E., Andy Diggle is not over." David Ramsey

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his ex-girlfriend and first love Laurel, and best friend Tommy, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the attack on the Glades by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his personal driver (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his executive assistant (computer expert) Oliver, the Arrow is cleaning up the city in the wake of the destruction of the Glades. Roy Harper, the boy who hero worships the Arrow is also working for him behind the scenes. As well as, Officer Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow). Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...
The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.
Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

2.17--> Birds Of Prey
Airdate--> March 26th
Description--> WHEN THE HUNTRESS MET THE CANARY — When Frank Bertinelli (guest star Jeffrey Nordling) is arrested, Oliver (Stephen Amell) knows it’s only a matter of time before his daughter, Helena, AKA The Huntress (guest star Jessica De Gouw), returns to town. To make matters worse, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is picked to try Frank’s case, putting her right in the path of Helena. Oliver tells Sara (Caity Lotz) he will handle his ex-girlfriend, but when Helena takes hostages at the courthouse, including Laurel, the Canary will stop at nothing to save her sister. When The Huntress and Canary meet, an epic battle begins. Meanwhile, Roy (Colton Haynes) realizes he needs to keep Thea (Willa Holland) safe, but doesn’t like the way he is forced to go about it.

John Behring directed the episode written by Mark Bemesderfer & A.C. Bradley (#217)

Spoilers-->
2.18--> DeathStroke
Airdate--> April 2nd
Description-->
Spoilers-->
2.19--> The Man Under the Hood
Airdate-->April 16, 2014
Description-->.
Spoilers-->
2.20--> Seeing Red
Airdate--> April 23, 2014
Description-->
Spoilers-->
2.21--> City of Blood
Airdate-->April 30, 2014
Description-->
Spoilers-->
2.22-->
Airdate-->May 7, 2014
Description-->
Spoilers-->
2.23-->
Airdate-->May 14, 2014
Description-->
Spoilers-->
the finale has been announced as 5/14. Source

General Spoilers-->
‘Arrow’ Season 2 teases: Stephen Amell and Andrew Kreisberg hint at Oliver Queen’s future with Roy Harper, Diggle, and more - Zap2it
'Arrow' Finale: Season 2 Plans, Oliver's Evolution And How The Shocking Death Will Change Everything
10 Secrets Of "Arrow" Season Two From The Cast
‘Arrow’ Season 2 spoilers: China White and more will return - Zap2it
I am beyond geeking out over the Arrow/The Flash crossover/spin-off news. Anything more to report? –Charlotte
I’ve got fresh intel on exactly what brings Central City PD CSI Barry Allen to Oliver’s orbit.
The would-be speedster travels (not by foot, I assume) to Starling City while investigating a series of brutal slayings that he believes may have a connection to his mother’s years-ago murder —
a crime for which his father has been unjustly imprisoned. (Source)[/URL]
SO excited about Flash coming to Arrow!!! PLEASE tell me more. — Reilly
EP Andrew Kreisberg is probably as pumped as we are, Reilly — not only because he’s getting a chance to bring to life a great character, but also because of what Barry Allen’s arrival means for all the residents of Starling City. “He’s a great character who’s going to affect all of our characters’ lives,” he teases. Most notably, look for Barry and Oliver to have a certain amount of “friction” in their relationship. (Source)[/URL]
Question: Just wanted know about anything on Arrow season 2. —Dana
Ausiello: If you ever wondered how Oliver’s island existence, seen in flashback, could have been any worse, here’s a short answer for you:
pirates. (Or is it pilates? My source’s note was smudged. But I’m going with pirates.) (Source)[/URL]
'Arrow' scoop: Will Oliver and Felicity get together in season 2? | Inside TV | EW.com
Question: Do you have any news on Arrow? —Calum
Ausiello: Quite interestingly, the title for this season’s fifth episode, “The Demon’s Head,” is the translation of Ra’s al Ghul — as in Batman’s infamous mentor-turned-adversary.
Thus, it kinda sorta makes sense that the hour will introduce the apprentice of a most menacing man — Awwal, a scimitar-wielding protege of Dark Archer Malcolm Merlyn. (Source)[/URL]
Do you have any scoop on the Suicide Squad on Arrow? —Sam
NATALIE: Executive producer Marc Guggenheim teases that the first five episodes of Season 2 make the case that there are both heroes and villains coming into Starling City as a direct result of what The Arrow did in Season 1.
Among the villains are the previously announced Bronze Tiger, who will team up with Deadshot, the leader of the Suicide Squad in the world of Arrow —
and there could be others down the line. But never fear, help is on the way: "We'll be seeing more of A.R.G.U.S. this season," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg adds. (Source)[/URL]
[PHOTO] ‘Arrow’ Season 2 Poster — Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Slade, Laurel - TVLine
Could we please have some scoop on Arrow‘s Felicity? Of the kick-ass variety, please? –Tammy
Here it is, specially requested for you, from EP Andrew Kriesberg: “Felicity will find herself in a situation in which a parachute would certainly have come in handy!” Gulp. Source[/URL]
'Arrow' Star Talks Diggle's Journey & Future | ETonline.com
Can you share anything on Arrow? — Martin
NATALIE: If Oliver's journey is about becoming a hero, Moira's is about seeking redemption. Unfortunately, her trial will be trouble for Oliver. "This season Laurel is going to be joining the District Attorney's office, so she might have dealings with [the trial]," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells me. "Part of it is that she's trying to stay out of it as much as she can, but as always with these things, bad stuff happens." (Source)[/URL]
Liam: I'm excited that Arrow is introducing the Flash this season, but I still want to see Roy or Thea become Speedy. Any chance either of them will team up with Ollie in season two?
Our money's on Roy being the one to suit up after chatting with the not-at-all handsome Colton Haynes. "This second season is almost like Roy's island," Haynes previews of Roy's journey to potential superhero-dom, adding that "a lot of characters from his past" will be showing up. Alas, Haynes advises fans not to hold their breath to see him in tights anytime soon. "It's going to take some time." (Source)[/URL]
'Arrow': Oliver's new dynamic with Laurel (and with Dig and Felicity) | Inside TV | EW.com
‘Arrow’ Season 2 Spoilers — The Flash, Oliver/Felicity - TVLine
Arrow Set Visit: Andrew Kreisberg and the Cast Teases Season 2
Willa Holland On Arrow Season 2: Has Thea Queen Pulled Herself Together? | Access Hollywood
Emily Bett Rickards On Arrow Season 2: Will Felicity Find Love? | Access Hollywood
The Felicity Smoak Problem
Stephen Amell Dishes On Oliver's Return To The Island In Arrow Season 2 | Access Hollywood
Stephen Amell On Arrow Season 2: How Will The Arrival Of Black Canary Affect Oliver Queen? | Access Hollywood
Arrow Bosses Tease New Villains, Black Canary and More Season 2 Scoop - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Do you have any scoop on Arrow's version of Amanda Waller? — Sam
NATALIE: This will be the proto-version of Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson), who is not yet the head of A.R.G.U.S. "One of the things we'll be exploring is: What is this organization? What do they know? Who are they working with?" executive producer Marc Guggenheim says. "We've got a couple of surprises up our sleeves about that. We just started talking about something that actually won't come into play until Season 3, but is a pretty exciting way to use Amanda." However, there will be a nod to the Waller fans know and love. "Once she gets promoted, she's going to start stress-eating," Guggenheim jokes. (Source)[/URL]

Twitter-->
Cast-->
Stephen Amell/Oliver Queen
Katie Cassidy/Laurel "Dinah" Lance
Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Colton Haynes/Roy Harper
Willa Holland/ Thea Queen
Caity Lotz/Sara Lance
Manu Benett/Slade Wilson
Colin Salmon/Walter Steele
Crew-->
Greg Berlanti/Executive Producer

Past Threads

Arrow S & S #27: "Where they are right now is not where they will end up by the end of the year," Marc Guggenheim on Sara x Oliver
Arrow S & S #26: "Dude's ego is writing checks his talent can't cash!" - DarkStar on Marc Guggenheim
Arrow S & S #25: "See you round kid" - Slade Wilson *drives off like a boss*
Arrow S&S #24 "Well, I do think we have been butt dialed." ~ Felicity
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/arrow-s-...iver-63117739/
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/arrow-s-...eath-63117435/
Arrow S & S # 21: "You think no one can get to you? But I can..." - The Clock King
Arrow S & S # 20: "All the balls we're putting in the air, will eventually come together." Stephen Amell (FB)
Arrow S & S #19: "Felicity has never had a nemesis on the show before. And now, William Tockman is now it." - Marc Guggenheim (2x14 - Time of Death)
Arrow S & S #18 "How did you two meet?" Quentin Lance; "VIGILANTE CLUB." Sara Lance
Arrow S & S #17 "Not to tell you how to do your vigilante-ing, but the grease paint thing is a poor identity concealer" ~~ Barry Allen
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/Arrow S&S #16: What matters they don't teach your about right crosses assassin School.
Arrow S&S #15 Revenge has a New Target Battle Comes Home
Arrow S&S #14 "Does this group have a name, like "Team Arrow" or something?" ~ Roy

Special Thanks to David Ramsey

Last edited by vaberella; 03-23-2014 at 02:05 PM
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Reserved Space

Please bring over any relevant topics or quotes.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, as a Laurel fan, I was more or less happy with her arc this season. It wasn't perfect, and I can't speak for Katie, but I'm sure it was exciting as an actor to try something a bit different. Actors like to be challenged, so I can't really imagine why she'd not like portraying a very different side to Laurel. Having her life torn a part and having to rebuild is part of Black Canary's journey, so I'm here for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar (View Post)
Please let Laurel go...she just needs to get off the screen. Sara is the perfect BC (IMO) and she's pretty much been given everything Comic Dinah Lance related anyway.

I don't care if she has the wrong name...
Dressing up as Black Canary and being able to fight /=/ the perfect Black Canary. You can give her some white-washed Sin, a motorcycle, Oliver, etc., but she's still not Black Canary, much less the perfect Black Canary.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Loyal Fan

2.21 = City of Blood

2x18 synopsis:
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/arrow...hstroke/375406
Arrow Episode: "Deathstroke"
Season 2, Episode 18
Episode Synopsis: Slade makes his move against Oliver and the repercussions are severe. Oliver desperately tries to protect his family, but one key player on his team questions his decisions. Meanwhile, Isabel attempts to take Queen Consolidated away from Oliver. Original Air Date: Apr 2, 2014

2x19 - 4/16
2x20-4/23
2x21-4/30
2x22-5/7
2x23-5/14

And tyftnt!

Last edited by iluvtorun; 03-21-2014 at 04:17 PM
Old 03-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaberella (View Post)
I don't think it's going to happen because they said S3 will be more intimate. And I believe in one of our older spoiler interviews, that it will get larger and smaller. They already did the larger, they have Waller knowing and the only other person I can see realistically knowing is Quentin. I can't see the use of her knowing. I can just see the angst building from that. Didn't she blame Arrow for the death of Tommy? Wouldn't that resurrect more problems?
The writers also said there's more possibilities with more of the main cast knowing, so that's their stance. So, I'm pretty sure everyone in the main cast will know by the end of Season 3.

And no, not really. She didn't actually blame Arrow. She just used him to deal with her grief and to avoid blaming herself. She needed someone to hate and Arrow was the best available option. Once she stopped blaming him, that's when she really turned to pills and drinking because she started blaming herself instead. And then it became about Sara when she returned.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
2.21 = City of Blood

2x18 synopsis:
Arrow Episode Guide 2014 Season 2 - Deathstroke, Episode 18 | TVGuide.com
Season 2, Episode 18
Episode Synopsis: Slade makes his move against Oliver and the repercussions are severe. Oliver desperately tries to protect his family, but one key player on his team questions his decisions. Meanwhile, Isabel attempts to take Queen Consolidated away from Oliver. Original Air Date: Apr 2, 2014

2x19 - 4/16
2x20-4/23
2x21-4/30
2x22-5/7
2x23-5/14

And tyftnt!
Holly Harold penned episode 2.21 and no other writers. Has she written any others? I don't recognize name. I need to find that list that someone on Tumblr put together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ72389 (View Post)
Well, as a Laurel fan, I was more or less happy with her arc this season. It wasn't perfect, and I can't speak for Katie, but I'm sure it was exciting as an actor to try something a bit different. Actors like to be challenged, so I can't really imagine why she'd not like portraying a very different side to Laurel. Having her life torn a part and having to rebuild is part of Black Canary's journey, so I'm here for it.

Dressing up as Black Canary and being able to fight /=/ the perfect Black Canary. You can give her some white-washed Sin, a motorcycle, Oliver, etc., but she's still not Black Canary, much less the perfect Black Canary.
As you are a Laurel fan, I was curious what your thoughts were if they did take Laurel to the path of evil. I saw KC in Supernatural and thought she was fantastic as Ruby. For me personally I see that type of role playing to her strengths. I was just curious, not that it's going to happen, because who knows really what the writers are thinking at this point

ETA:
TFTNT!!
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
2.21 = City of Blood

2x18 synopsis:
Arrow Episode Guide 2014 Season 2 - Deathstroke, Episode 18 | TVGuide.com
Season 2, Episode 18

2x19 - 4/16
2x20-4/23
2x21-4/30
2x22-5/7
2x23-5/14

And tyftnt!
You're welcome and thanks; I just updated the dates on the main page.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Quote:
2014 3/21 Katie Cassidy: We got this. #WorkinOnMyFitness @Iamtommyeurope
Hmm, Katie's working with a personal trainer. I wonder why?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

I loved her as Ruby!

Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Did anyone read the fanfic where the big showdown with Slade happened in broad daylight?? Iluvtofly's comment about a-la-Tony Stark had me thinking this. Either some people are going to have to start developing amnesia, people are gonna have to DIE, or he can just take out a billboard and announce it to the world.

Seriously KC has tweeted more pics on this most recent trip to Vancouver than I think she has since I started following everyone on twitter over the break.

Maybe she just has a trainer to have a trainer. If I had money I would have a trainer lol!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Did anyone read the fanfic where the big showdown with Slade happened in broad daylight?? Iluvtofly's comment about a-la-Tony Stark had me thinking this. Either some people are going to have to start developing amnesia, people are gonna have to DIE, or he can just take out a billboard and announce it to the world.

Seriously KC has tweeted more pics on this most recent trip to Vancouver than I think she has since I started following everyone on twitter over the break.

Maybe she just has a trainer to have a trainer. If I had money I would have a trainer lol!
This is the list of the writers and the episodes. This might be good to add to the OP

PuzzledHats - ARROW WRITERS & OLICITY
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 03-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

If I was her and I wanted to stay on the show and ever hope to work out as BC, I'd hire a social media management firm to coach me on presence. It doesn't seem to be her forte, or natural to her. Tbqh, it only seems really legit from Amell and Colton, like what would they be doing if they weren't on tv? The same thing they do on the internet now, just with a vastly smaller audience. Caity to an extent, but not like those two.

So maybe she has hired a consultancy and that's why her presence has increased.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 03-21-2014 at 05:06 PM
Old 03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really hope we get some good Oliver/Felicity scenes soon. Don't even cuurrr if it's greedy.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I try not to look too much into what Katie being in tons of BTS photos means. It could mean anything. IMO, though, I'm betting it has more to do with the hate she receives from certain shippers than anything. Like, look at the comments of the picture Stephen posted of them earlier. "We want Olicity!" "Felicity is better!" "Tell her to eat a sandwich!" "Laurel sucks!" The best way for the cast and crew to combat is to show that they support Katie. Sorry to say, but the crazy Olicity shippers are going to ruin it for all of you. This is probably just the beginning of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
As you are a Laurel fan, I was curious what your thoughts were if they did take Laurel to the path of evil. I saw KC in Supernatural and thought she was fantastic as Ruby. For me personally I see that type of role playing to her strengths. I was just curious, not that it's going to happen, because who knows really what the writers are thinking at this point
I'm not here for it at all and feel like the main reason people want it so bad is because it keeps her out of the Arrow Cave, tbh. And, if that's the case, there's other ways to keep her out of the cave. Just have her set-up shop in the Startling City Clock Tower and work from there.

Laurel going bad is just out of character. Since day one, and it's been true no matter what she's gone through, Laurel wants to help people. So, her suddenly being a villain makes no sense. That's not who she is.

I agree, Katie's best in that kind of role, but I don't want Laurel to be Ruby 3.0. I'm okay with her being a bit darker and rougher after he experiences, but I don't want her to be another The Huntress. I want her to still be compassionate and eager to help people, but I think she should also have a bit of an edge. They should have a little fun with her.

Instead of her being evil, they should take those members of Team Arrow that people don't want and give them to Laurel, tbh. Have her take Sin under her wings after Sara dies. Have Roy get a heroin addiction and Oliver tell him to get out. Then have Laurel help him get through it. Have Thea become Speedy and have Oliver be against it. Then have Laurel be the one who works with her so she doesn't get herself killed. Have Laurel help Helena redeem herself. That's more in-line with who Laurel is. When people are at their worst, she sees they can be better and wants to help.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ72389 (View Post)
I try not to look too much into what Katie being in tons of BTS photos means. It could mean anything. IMO, though, I'm betting it has more to do with the hate she receives from certain shippers than anything. Like, look at the comments of the picture Stephen posted of them earlier. "We want Olicity!" "Felicity is better!" "Tell her to eat a sandwich!" "Laurel sucks!" The best way for the cast and crew to combat is to show that they support Katie. Sorry to say, but the crazy Olicity shippers are going to ruin it for all of you. This is probably just the beginning of that.
I suspect the same thing. The lack of interviews has probably something to do with it, too. Unfortunately, there are way too many lunatics in this fandom who are just waiting for a chance to pounce at some of the actors - like when they dare to say something that doesn't conform to the version of the show they are watching. I can only begin to imagine how many hate tweets KC received after her infamous "Bring it on, Felicity! Laurel's got this!" interview. Ironically, that was also one of the last Arrow interviews she has given.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread