Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Arrow S&S #97 - Someone. Will. Die. - Marc Guggenheim

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

Spoilers:

3x16: The Offer
Airdate:March 18, 2015
Description:DC COMICS’ VILLAIN MURMUR SWEEPS INTO STARLING CITY — Still weighed down by his last meeting with Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable), Oliver (Stephen Amell) returns home to find a new villain and his crew have started terrorizing Starling City – Michael Amar AKA Murmur (guest star Adrian Glynn McMorran), a man whose mouth has been sewn shut. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) bond over their issues with their fathers and Nyssa make Laurel an offer. Thea (Willa Holland) is forced to come to terms with her father after Oliver brings Malcom (John Barrowman) to the loft to recover, and Lance (Paul Blackthorne) shuts out both Laurel and the Arrow. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Brian Ford Sullivan (#316). Original airdate 3/18/2015.
Spoilers:

3x17: Suicidal Tendencies
Airdate:March 25, 2015
Description:DIGGLE MARRIES LYLA; THE SUICIDE SQUAD RIDES AGAIN — It’s celebration time as Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) get married. However, Deadshot (guest star Michael Rowe) interrupts their honeymoon and tells them the Suicide Squad has been given a new mission – rescue United States Senator Joseph Cray (guest star Steven Culp) from a hostage situation in the Republic of Kasnia. Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) breaks down the mission and introduces them to the newest member of the Suicide Squad, Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick). Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) learns about Ray’s new Atom costume and the two have a heated stand-off. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Ray hit a rough patch. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu (#317). Original airdate 3/25/2015
Spoilers:

3x18: Public Enemy
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x19: Broken Arrow
Description:
Spoilers:

3x20: The Fallen
Description:
Spoilers:

3x21: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x22: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71,72, 73, 74,75, 76,77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84,
85, 86*, 87
, 88^, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93
94, 95, 96
* This was where the incorrect numbers started. 86 is it's correct number, but the page has it at 85.
^ signifies the end of the title number. Page 89 is titled and numbered correctly.

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.
Old 03-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

TFTNT .

Quote:
Stephen Amell ‪#‎LightsaberSaturday‬ would warm me up. Literally. I’m on set and it’s cold.
#1 source for Stephen Amell
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 03-07-2015, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
According to spoilers--AK said it himself--Quentin is still mad in 21. That's way too long to be holding a grudge. Oh please, I read your posts and all your other anti-laurel posts very carefully. You are rarely willing to cut her any slack. But, you still haven't addressed the fact that Quentin is holding on to this grudge for way too long. 8 episodes is a long time. At the shortest that's 8 weeks of him being pissy when he too as put Laurel in situations where he has lied to her in the name of protecting her. What Laurel has done is no better than the team lying to Laurel on the regular or heck enabling this situation. I am more than willing to call laurel out. I thought her keeping this secret from Quentin OTT and over the top. AS for Quentin getting himself out of a stupor, he was still there in S1 and not admitting his problem. They've shown him caring way more about Sara than Laurel. He may claim he has a stronger bond with Laurel. But, its been all TELL and no SHOW.
Bless the bold! Damn, 3x21? Yeah Quentin can take several seats, hopefully at least someone calls him out on it though.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:17 AM
New Fan

In the comics, Tatsu's children (and Maseo) died, she became Katana afterwards.

If it is indeed Akio that dies, I swear I will cry my eyes out. I will be a wreck for a week.

That theory makes sense though. I don't think a main character is bound to die at this point in the story, and a child's death would indeed be very emotional.

Edit: A while back, I thought Quentin would bite the dust. But it seems he has a new role now, possibly opposing team arrow and Laurel in their vigilante work, so I think he might stick around a while longer. As for Malcolm, although I like the actor, I wouldn't be sad to see Malcolm go.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skadi007 (View Post)
In the comics, Tatsu's children (and Maseo) died, she became Katana afterwards.

If it is indeed Akio that dies, I swear I will cry my eyes out. I will be a wreck for a week.

That theory makes sense though. I don't think a main character is bound to die at this point in the story, and a child's death would indeed be very emotional.

Edit: A while back, I thought Quentin would bite the dust. But it seems he has a new role now, possibly opposing team arrow and Laurel in their vigilante work, so I think he might stick around a while longer. As for Malcolm, although I like the actor, I wouldn't be sad to see Malcolm go.
I know! I love Akio! ughhhhh. And Tatsu too,

Meh I don't want Quentin to die but I don't need to see him around until he gets over himself
Old 03-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think Katie is back in town to start shooting again.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 03-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quentin has a right to his anger. He was lied to pretty ridiculously about his daughter's death. So if he wants to be pissed then fine, but he needs to remember that Laurel is his only daughter now. If something were to happen to her and he never forgave her then he would never forgive himself. She was doing something very high-handed, but ultimately she was trying to protect him. She knows it was wrong and is trying to make amends, but if he shuts her out it will hurt him even more. He needs to forgive her, just like she forgave him for all the horrible crap he did in the past.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

^Exactly. First of all the man is in a huge amount pain and carrying around a lot of anger, he's not going to necessarily be making the best rational decisions. Quentin has every right to be angry and hurt and you can't telll someone how long they are allowed to feel angry and hurt over something horrible that was done to them. of course anger and shutting people out isn't healthy but he needs time to process it and feel his feelings and do what he thinks he needs to do to heal and feel better. But eventually he will get over it and forgive Laurel, of that I'm certain. Because he is an adult and he loves her and he knows she loves him and that's why she did it. And they need each other.

Also I am sorry for that mess in the last thread, I felt attacked for simply disliking a character and I got defensive. But I will be more careful about what I say from now on and not react to everything. I apologize for disrupting the thread.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 03-07-2015 at 08:19 PM
Old 03-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ill bring this over from the last thread:

I think they should introduce Talia into the show for at least one episode. It would help parallel Laurel/Sara, give more insight to Nyssa, and they could drop some Batman Easter eggs in there without actually naming him.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Who's Talia? And so it's confirmed that CL will be playing Sara/Canary on the other show?

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 03-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Talia is a daughter of Ra's in the comics, mostly she had stuff with Batman I think. And it's not been confirmed in a like an official statement about the new show but in a tweet MG said that "Sara's return" would not affect Laurel's current story arc. So that implies she's back as Sara. Although how her sister coming back from the dead could not affect Laurel and her story I don't actually understand.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

If anything he means it won't effect her transformation into Black Canary.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Elite Fan

^Well I know she's still going to be the BC, but if the very reason (or at least biggest reason) she even got on this path to being the BC is suddenly moot because Sara is alive again, shouldn't that have some effect on not just her as Laurel but her as the BC? And wouldn't Sara have something to say about what Laurel's following in her footsteps? And how can you have two Canaries (because if Sara's back then she's going to be her version of the Canary again I would assume)? I guess they could just patrol or whatever different cities but why would Sara be vigilanting in a different city and not either with her family or possibly back with LoA? Is she going to be in hiding or something? Basically what I'm saying is I don't understand how this Sara being back thing is going to work at all, lol.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe the effect will be that she's not trying to be the BC because of some need to avenge Sara (despite knowing who is responsible for her death now). I know in the vertigo episode she kinda faced that issue of her following in her sister's shadow and not measuring up, but she's still motivated to fight this fight because of her sister's death. That leaves a mark on her soul. Maybe if Sara does come back it will bring about a lightness to Laurel and give her a different motivation in fighting. This doesn't have to effect her into becoming BC, but could just change the direction of this arc .

And who knows...maybe Sara comes back, but doesn't let anyone know she's alive like last time. She might think it best that they believe she's gone - though I would think she would tell her father and maybe that motivates him into forgiving Laurel.