Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014, 10:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstreetboysfan (View Post)
I am going to bed now, Talk to you all later! .

Goodnight everyone! .
Goodnight!!
Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaberella (View Post)

And that's another point to make. You all know that Katie Cassidy said in an interview that she believed, in 2x17, the scene where she hugs Oliver by the staircase, post Laurel talking to her dad about the vigilante while he was in the hospital bed and post her blackmailing of Kate Spencer, second time around. KC said that she interpreted that scene of Laurel falling in love with Oliver again. ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME, REALLY??!

And this is also why I NEVER believed Oliver whenever he said he loved Laurel. Even if you had commitment issues, you would NEVER have unprotected sex that could hurt you or her, you had a death wish and thought you were invincible, egotistical ass. I never also understood how Laurel could take the man after cheating on her countless times...and knowing he was drunk with then too and allowing him back into your body; he might not have been the best protected . Either you wanted him for his money, for his prestige, for an ulterior motive, or you are one of Pavlov's Dogs...
This whole post really gives me a new perspective on it. Especially this.

the GIF

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 07-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

laurel coulda been on birth control though, sarah too.

and how do tou know it was all unprotected? its not like they are gonna show the condom on tv. lol
Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Lol this whole convo has taken a interesting turn y'all make me laugh

I just don't like the cheating, sister swapping, the betrayal.

Conclusion: no more of it!
Old 07-18-2014, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

WE NEED SPOILERS!

SDCC I'm both excited and nervous
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp (View Post)
WE NEED SPOILERS!

SDCC I'm both excited and nervous
I wish I had more faith in the EPs...
Old 07-18-2014, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I know what you mean, that's why I'm nervous.

I'm like give us the goods... but will there be goods you no good tricksters
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for Deadshot possibily returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDecoded (View Post)
Wow "backpacking through Europe," and "secrets are a part of the currency of our show."

I'm eager to see how the following secrets will play out

1. Roy not telling the Team about Thea's letter.
2. Felicity lying to Roy about killing the cop.
3. Sara possibly kept knowledge of Malcolm being alive. The League has known since Moira called them. Maybe this is what prompts her return to Starling?
4. The secret behind HIVE and Diggle's brother.

Not anytime soon:
5.Oliver keeping the pregnancy a secret.

How do y'all think these secrets will play out? Particularly #2. What other secrets will have greater significance in S3?
Lots of secrets, and lots & lots of secrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)

Backpacking through Europe. Well, he couldn't be at a contented place without thinking Thea was safe.
exactly! It won't make sense whatsoever for Oliver to be in this happy place he will be in S3 premiere if he doesn't know where Thea is, so i am glad that it seems like he communicated with her & knows where she is (even if it's a lie). But why won't Roy tell Oliver about the letter?!

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 07-18-2014, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poupa (View Post)

exactly! It won't make sense whatsoever for Oliver to be in this happy place he will be in S3 premiere if he doesn't know where Thea is, so i am glad that it seems like he communicated with her & knows where she is (even if it's a lie). But why won't Roy tell Oliver about the letter?!
Maybe Roy showed him, then he contacted her and she probably made out that it was Roy she didn't trust and that she just needed time and slowly she pretended to be getting better - but lying the way Oliver has always done with her.

Now I really wonder where he'll be living. Obviously alone and not in the mansion.
Philanthropist.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new details/spoilers.

"If laurel undergoes training"....if she doesn't they shouldn't bait.

Too funny that Oliver lied ab his season 1.5 whereabouts, and now it's Thea's turn. Really looking forward to her SL.

Hmmm, the possibilities w 3.03 title
Old 07-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I realize I have an incredibly suspicious mind when it comes to narrative and that means I give the writers way way too much credit and am almost always disappointed in them, but...but...

Guys, have we ever seen Oliver and Walter alone together?
Old 07-18-2014, 06:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
laurel coulda been on birth control though, sarah too.

and how do tou know it was all unprotected? its not like they are gonna show the condom on tv. lol
I don't care about Birth Control. I never discussed birth control. BC ( (Birth Control) meant nothing in my argument).

He managed to get a girl pregnant? That means unprotected sex. Or did I forget something here? Was Sandra not on the show talking about a baby with Moira? Would his drunk ass always remember a condom? I'd be hard pressed to believe that.

Secondly, do all long term relationship people ALWAYS wear a condom? Me don't think so. Would Sara have him wear a condom? Maybe.

The condom could have broken...right that's an easy safe: But there is a high likeliness that this man was having unprotected sex with women because of his entitled lifestyle. And the actions Ms. Laurel Lance accepted, based on her acquiescence of taking the fool back after he has cheated on her MANY, MANY, MANY times through her own volition.

Not to mention Sara confirmed for all of us. He cheated on Sara too, so there was no love there and women were truly stupid.

Lastly, do we need to see condom shown on tv. There are sexual acts on high display on television...but no one can say condom is what I am hearing.

What kind of arguments are these? We see women almost naked, sometimes bare butts are out there. And yet, I have to read, "It's not like they're going to show condom on tv."

Why the hell not? I didn't know it was a scary word.

In any event, they don't have to say it. For example:

"No, no...Did you bring it?"
"No worries, I got protection."
"Do you have protection?"
"Were you protected?"

They could show a condom box in a men stall where Oliver stumbles to put a quarter into it.

If they can say BITCH or SON OF A BITCH and have lesbians (You know how some nutty homophobic people freaked out) kissing on at 8:00 pm tv now...they can say protection, if condom scares them.

I hope they show some implications of protected sex for characters on Arrow in S3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelena&Bamon (View Post)
This whole post really gives me a new perspective on it. Especially this.

the GIF
It's the only perspective I ever had. ****, like that scares me. These shows have an obligation as show for family entertainment based on the time they air, or just entertainment that most children will watch to promote some positive things that children need to know. Not to mention, this show might have a character with HIV based on it's comic, in future. Let the show grapple with some real social issues, and this is infantile to moderate issue to address.

Let me explain something, and at first I was reluctant to share this... When I was in college my close buddy told me a what happened to her aunt. She married a man and stayed a virgin until she married. Her life was devoted to him. She gave him two daughters. He gave hear heartache a death sentence. He was having unprotected sex with women and he got the HIV virus (she did die of AIDS within a year). She died at about 25 if my memory doesn't escape me. She was in a committed relationship, or so she thought. He ends up dead, she ends up dead. They had to do tests on the children, luckily they were fine. But these two kids are orphans. That just opened my consciousness of first, don't trust men...even supposedly faithful ones. Second, we need to make people more aware of these situations and the importance of protection. For the non-sexually active and the sexually active.

So when I read fictional characters aren't taking the steps needed ugh. It' just irritates me. That scene doesn't take time. Shoot they could have it where Tommy passed him one on the sly...or suggested something...."Are you protected?" and he's like, "Hell, yes." Machismo in tact, condom not said.

It could be one of the predominant reasons I am not feeling Laurel, aside from the crappy characterization. I was so glad that Sara did not sleep with Oliver on the island. It was a major saving grace. That meant no unprotected sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
I realize I have an incredibly suspicious mind when it comes to narrative and that means I give the writers way way too much credit and am almost always disappointed in them, but...but...

Guys, have we ever seen Oliver and Walter alone together?
Talking together...No. But as in like together. I think so, weren't they alone together for a couple of seconds when Arrow saved him? Or does that not count? If it doesn't---No, then.

Last edited by vaberella; 07-18-2014 at 06:47 AM
Old 07-18-2014, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtorun (View Post)
Thanks for the new details/spoilers.

"If laurel undergoes training"....if she doesn't they shouldn't bait.

Too funny that Oliver lied ab his season 1.5 whereabouts, and now it's Thea's turn. Really looking forward to her SL.

Hmmm, the possibilities w 3.03 title
Yeah I noticed that, if's are annoying.

yeah it's kinda like the tables are turned and he can't be mad at her for doing exactly what he did
Philanthropist.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Lol. A condom is not 100% effective in preventing pregnancy/STDs. But if we are to assume that a baby = unprotected sex then I guess Diggle and Lyla were engaging in unprotected sex as well? *clutches pearls!* How dare they?! Sorry but this is not a topic I can really get worked up over with fictional characters. I do understand why it would be more an issue with Oliver, considering his womanizing ways but still...

As for Laurel, I'm pretty sure that whether or not she ends up as BC, the writers are not just going to come out and state it in a interview before the season starts. So saying "if" is good way of leaving people guessing.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Lol. A condom is not 100% effective in preventing pregnancy/STDs. But if we are to assume that a baby = unprotected sex then I guess Diggle and Lyla were engaging in unprotected sex as well? *clutches pearls!* How dare they?! Sorry but this is not a topic I can really get worked up over with fictional characters. I do understand why it would be more an issue with Oliver, considering his womanizing ways but still...

As for Laurel, I'm pretty sure that whether or not she ends up as BC, the writers are not just going to come out and state it in a interview before the season starts. So saying "if" is good way of leaving people guessing.
Did I say it was 100%, never claimed it. I even stated it was an argument if you had read my post carefully. However, it would be a nice gesture. And yes, Diggle and Lyla most likely did a few times...but then again they were husband and wife. I don't think my statement was in regards to anything prudish. The prudish qualities is when I hear that tv can't say condom.

As for Laurel being BC. I thought you and others claimed, "The jacket...the jacket...the jacket." She got the jacket so that is all we need to be sure she is BC. Now it's, "I'm pretty sure that whether or not she ends up as BC, the writers are not just going to come out and state it in a interview." Why not if the jacket suggests she is BC?

Just tell the world? "You guys saw the jacket, she's BC." <--- The fall out will not be pretty, is all I have to say to that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread