Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 07:23 AM
  #1
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,220
Nashville S&S #70: With fake sides and Twitter riddles we still have no clue what's happening.



Cast
Connie Britton as Rayna Jaymes
Hayden Panettiere as Juliette Barnes
Clare Bowen as Scarlett O'connor
Chris Carmack as Will Lexington
Charles Esten as Deacon Claybourne
Jonathan Jackson as Avery Barkley
Sam Palladio as Gunnar Scott
Lennon and Maisy Stella as Maddie and Daphne Conrad


Crew
Callie Khouri as CRTR/EP
Marshall Herskovitz as EP
Ed Zwick as EP
R.J. Cutler as EP/DIR (Pilot)
Steve Buchanan as EP



Cast Promotional Photos
Acclaimed country-music drama “Nashville” has returned for a fourth season—with more jaw-dropping, heartbreaking moments than ever before.
“Nashville” is set against the backdrop of the city's music scene and follows Rayna Jaymes and Juliette Barnes. Both women face personal and professional challenges as they navigate their paths as artists and individuals. Surrounding them and often complicating their lives are their family, friends and, in some cases, lovers, as well as the up-and-coming performers and songwriters trying to get ahead in the business. Music City can mean so many things to different people. In "Nashville," musicians and songwriters are at the heart of the storm driven by their own ambitions. Some are fueled by their creativity and passion for fame. Others struggle to cope with the pressures of success and are doing everything in their power to stay on top.



Current Promo







Current Sneak Peek



Upcoming Episodes

Source For All Press Releases



5x06 "A Little Bit Stronger" February 2nd

Rayna and Deacon beef up their home security after Rayna’s encounter with Carl Hockney. Juliette draws closer to her guardian angel Hallie. Avery leaps back into performing.

5x07 "Hurricane" February 9th

Rayna and Deacon struggle to write their album. Maddie and Daphne create a disturbance at home. Damien apologizes to Scarlett. Scarlett and Gunnar question their relationship.


Other Spoilers


‘Nashville’: Marshall Herskovitz & Ed Zwick To Showrun | Deadline
‘Nashville’ Season 5: New Showrunners Set Up Writers Room | Deadline
‘Nashville’ Season 5 Picked Up By CMT With Next-Day Play on Hulu | Deadline
'Nashville': Two Series Regulars to Exit; Talks With Remaining Cast Going Well - Hollywood Reporter
Connie Britton Returning to ‘Nashville’ for Season 5 as Rayna on CMT | TVLine
‘Nashville’: Grammy Winner Rhiannon Giddens Cast In Recurring Role | Deadline
‘Nashville’ Casts Transgender Actor Jen Richards In Recurring Role | Deadline
‘Nashville’ Casts Murray Bartlett As Recurring For Season 5 | Deadline
‘Nashville’ Adds Joseph David-Jones & Cameron Scoggins As Recurring | Deadline
Nashville To See Return Of Will Chase For S5 Premiere Guest Spot | Deadline
THE HOLIDAYS COME EARLY FOR “NASHVILLE” FANS AS CMT RELEASES TRAILER AND ANNOUNCES PLANS TO SNEAK FIRST HOUR OF TWO-HOUR PREMIERE ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15 AT 9PM ET/PT | CMT Press








Arts by MaybeLove.


Previous Threads
01. She was the queen of the charts, but when you're on top you have to fight to stay there.
02. Because the end of the season is upon us
03. Because The New Season Is Just Around The Corner
04. "Whatever fireworks we go out on this season will be all emotional."~Callie Khouri
05. Televised concert, tour, and S2 finale all coming up? We are a happy fandom!
06. Because our finale is tonight! And then let the painful waiting for S3 commence.
07.We're finally getting S3 spoilers. Yay. /sarcasm
08. More and more spoilers leads to more and more speculation from us!
09. Because ABC needs to hold a Luke intervention!
10. We would like scoop we actually care about, kthanks
11. No seriously writers, can you promote ANYONE else?!
#12: We can't blame Maddie...we're also in full brat mode because of spoilers.
#13: Because tptb need to consult Liz's mom more at this point!
#14: We're going live September 24th!
#15: Because Nashville needs a newbie intervention!
#16: Because these characters clearly need to re-evaluate some life choices here.
#17: Because our premiere promotional stills have left us all emotional!
#18: Because we will probably have a flashback to Luke's childhood pet rat before we ever meet a member of Avery's family!
#19: Because our premiere is TONIGHT! Bring on the drama! /
#20: This Wednesday = More Stars, More Music and More Arena Size Drama
#21: Because Derek Hough being on our show is definitely exciting!
#22: Because everyone on this show needs some Tami Taylor wisdom right now... except Daphne. She's perfect!
#23: The word is out. The drama in Nashville is getting even juicier
#24: Wednesday, second chances and second thoughts add up to double platinum drama
#25: "Why are you even talking?" Avery Barkley, voice of the fandom towards the legions of unnecessary!
#26: Because we can't wait to see who wins Nashville's CMAs
#27: This wednesday DWTS comes to Nashville but the real competition is at home
#28: Because we can't wait to see who wins the CMAs on our show next week!
#29: Because ''there's not enough mistletoe to go around''
#30: A new story begins as others end
#31: So close to #cleartheclutter, and yet so far. sigh. maybe next time?
#32: Can their love survive the new year? Nashville returns Wednesday February 4th on ABC!
#33: Because we still hope february 4 will not only bring us a new episode but the beginning of clearing the clutter
#34: Because S3B here we come!
#35: Because we are still shocked about who is coming to Nashville soon
#36: ''Old flames at odds might torch the whole town'' on tonight's all new Nashville
#37: Because tonight is ''the reunion millions of fans have been waiting for''
#38: Because we need spoilers to keep us talking during this hiatus
#39: Because this week it's an all new On The Record Special with Reba
#40: ''Starting tonight, every dramatic hour of Nashville is all new until the last note of the season finale''
#41: ''because this week is Christina Aguilera's big Nashville debut''
#42: because tonight it's Christina Aguilera's Jade vs Juliette showdown
#43: because we can only hope that season 4 will finally clear the clutter
#44: because the new season starts filming tomorrow
#45: because we are still waiting for good spoilers
#46: Nothing says clearing the clutter like adding more people /
#47: The premiere is so close, the spoilers are so far
#48: ''Anyone who thinks you can have it all has never been to Nashville''
#49: ''Nashville is blowing up because the hits keep coming''
#50: Our 50th thread of spoiler mania
#51: Because even with a week hiatus doesn't stop us from wanting spoilers
#52: And we are back on this wednesday
#53: Another episode means another week of spoilers
#54: Nashville may be a repeat this week but the spoilers are all new
#55: When Nashville returns March 16th, it's the wedding fans have been waiting for
#56: Is it March yet?
#58: Maybe the next spoilers will be better?/
#59: Save Our Souls
#60: And we're back from hiatus!
#61: New show runners next season?! Does that mean we're getting a next season?!
#62: "...and one that’s just wishful thinking on my part: Maddie gets run over by a dump truck" - Ausiello
#63: "Only one more episode of spoilers unless someone wants to #BringBackNashville"
#64: "Ed and Marshall, Saviours of Mankind!"
#66: "If my choices have made me, it's music that saves me."
#68: Hiatus is done, bring on the new episodes and new spoilers!
#69: What is even happening?!!?!



Last edited by jbshmdfb; 01-28-2017 at 07:43 AM
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:30 AM
  #2
Addicted Fan

 
lg238's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,004
Thx for the new thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I disagree: the show will never be stronger for not having Connie Britton. First couple of episodes aside there hasn't been a massive amount of R/D, and she's not to blame for ridiculously boring Scarlet and Gunnar stories, insane focus on a character as dislikeable as Maddie and a puzzling lack of Javery.
There definitely more focus on them D/R than on other but i also agree they are not the only reason for example for the lack of story about J/A. They should strongly reduce the scarletand gunnar storylines and also the maddie stuff should be reduced. By now I'm actually pretty unhappy with the new season. Not better than the last one if you ask me. I expected more.
__________________
Of my friend, I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels,
his was the most
....human
lg238 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:37 AM
  #3
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,220
Maddie's airtime should be reduce regardless. Like give her airtime to Will, Glenn, Avery, Daphne, Deacon's guitar, the pinball machine from 504, Rayna's dirty dishes, Cadence, anything.
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:42 AM
  #4
Dedicated Fan
 
Jjou's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 705
I've enjoyed a lot about s5 so far, but there are other aspects which are maddening. I hate that Maddie is being pushed forward as main character, which she's just not. I can only assume they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic and that sucks.
Next weeks summary has Avery leaping back into performing which will be good no? The show has got time to redeem itself, and is infinitely better than the no-Nashville future we were facing in May.
__________________
icon by heart of rhythm
Jjou is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:46 AM
  #5
Loyal Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I've enjoyed a lot about s5 so far, but there are other aspects which are maddening. I hate that Maddie is being pushed forward as main character, which she's just not. I can only assume they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic and that sucks.
Next weeks summary has Avery leaping back into performing which will be good no? The show has got time to redeem itself, and is infinitely better than the no-Nashville future we were facing in May.
I've been worried about the amount of Maddie screentime ever since we saw that one promo where she had her own character moment, and Avery did not. Even the preview for next week is troubling. The synopsis mensions Avery getting back into music, but he's not shown that way in the preview. We see him with Juliette and that's it. Plus we get more Maddie drama.

I get this sense that CMT just doesn't think very highly of Avery on his own. And for some reason, they love Maddie.
Crystal222 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:46 AM
  #6
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
I've enjoyed a lot about s5 so far, but there are other aspects which are maddening. I hate that Maddie is being pushed forward as main character, which she's just not. I can only assume they're trying to appeal to a younger demographic and that sucks.
Next weeks summary has Avery leaping back into performing which will be good no? The show has got time to redeem itself, and is infinitely better than the no-Nashville future we were facing in May.
Yep he will finally have a song. About time. Clay got 3 before he even got 1.

That said they could have given it a little more build up. They went from him writing again in 503 to bam new band in 506. Like when did he get time to form it? Inbetween cutting Juliette's food up and changing Cadence's dirty diapers?

And I read somewhere else that the Maddie/Clay story looks like a parenthood storyline rip off... anyone know if that is similar?
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:53 AM
  #7
Dedicated Fan
 
Jjou's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 705
That's one thing that's carried over from previous season that really blows: guest characters getting waaaayyyy too many songs. Clay is ok, but more songs than the main cast so far? Nope.
It's not hard to drop in a bit of exposition to service the background of stories either, which is also annoying.
__________________
icon by heart of rhythm
Jjou is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:05 AM
  #8
Master Fan

 
soapbubbles511's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,197
Tftnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Maddie's airtime should be reduce regardless. Like give her airtime to Will, Glenn, Avery, Daphne, Deacon's guitar, the pinball machine from 504, Rayna's dirty dishes, Cadence, anything.
I second this motion

I don't have a problem with focusing on a couple stories per episode in general but there's definitely still some tweaking they should do with their format. Do what they're doing with DR with everyone else. On weeks where one/both of them don't have a major story or any story still get at least a couple scenes supporting other stories. There aren't so many characters that anyone needs to completely disappear from an episode
__________________
Cause time is the worst kind of friend
Always there till you need it, then gone in the end
Oh but love is stronger than it, love is stronger than it
Sarah [youtube]
soapbubbles511 is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:11 AM
  #9
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 120
I know my opinion is likely in the minority, but I don't understand the backlash this season is getting given where we are coming from.

Regardless of who is in the scene, the writing is more organic, the scenes are longer and feel more viable, and the acting has taken a sharp upswing. My only slight annoyance would have to be the S/G nonsense, but as we know that is likely Clare's influence.

The first two episodes did focus heavily on Rayna, but I've seen nothing but balance going forward.

It was a miraculous shot in hell that this concept was even considered for renewal given how utterly bad it was, so can't we all be a little thankful that we even have a show to watch? Can we stop this Connie vs. Hayden nonsense? They are co-leads. The show and its dynamic cannot survive long term without one of them. That's just the reality of it and I think that became obvious with Hayden's absence.
airwair is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:13 AM
  #10
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
Tftnt



I second this motion

I don't have a problem with focusing on a couple stories per episode in general but there's definitely still some tweaking they should do with their format. Do what they're doing with DR with everyone else. On weeks where one/both of them don't have a major story or any story still get at least a couple scenes supporting other stories. There aren't so many characters that anyone needs to completely disappear from an episode
ITA give them something to do. They could have easily put Avery in that episode by having him walk out the door on the way to meet his future band when Maddie walked in his house (well technically right now it's just Juliette's but he lives there). He could have asked for internship updates and say ok see ya bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwair (View Post)
Can we stop this Connie vs. Hayden nonsense? They are co-leads.
The issue is they are not treated as such. One has way more airtime and storylines than the other. Some people care, some people don't. It is what it is.
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:22 AM
  #11
Dedicated Fan
 
Jjou's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 705
It's not so much Connie vs Hayden, more that Rayna has had more to do than Ju this season so far. I like the writing for the most part, but not the pushing forward of Maddie, nor Clay getting 3 songs, when none of the main cast have had that many and some, like Avery, have had zero.
And I don't know what the hell the writing is for Scarlet and Gunnar, but that's not a new problem: they haven't been well written since s1 imo.
__________________
icon by heart of rhythm
Jjou is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:23 AM
  #12
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)



The issue is they are not treated as such. One has way more airtime and storylines than the other. Some people care, some people don't. It is what it is.
I'm not really sure what evidence you are planning to use to back that up, but I've seen plenty of Juliette's recovery, soul searching, finding Hallie, going to Hallie's church, struggling with Avery, and her survivor's guilt this season. Maybe we are just watching different shows.
airwair is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:25 AM
  #13
Master Fan

 
jbshmdfb's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwair (View Post)
I'm not really sure what evidence you are planning to use to back that up, but I've seen plenty of Juliette's recovery, soul searching, finding Hallie, going to Hallie's church, struggling with Avery, and her survivor's guilt this season. Maybe we are just watching different shows.
take a stopwatch time Connie Britton's airtime and Hayden Panettiere's airtime.


And finding Hallie, going to church and soul searching all are the same storyline.
jbshmdfb is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:27 AM
  #14
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
take a stopwatch time Connie Britton's airtime and Hayden Panettiere's airtime.
I'm good on the stopwatch. I have a life. If airtime becomes that big of a concern, I will simply change the channel. Problem solved.

You don't like a show, stop watching. Don't make the fandom miserable for everyone else with endless complaining.
airwair is offline  
Old 01-28-2017, 08:30 AM
  #15
Dedicated Fan
 
Jjou's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 705
Even if it's 'only' a perception that Juliette fans have it's still a problem if the 2 leads screentimes are perceived that way. People feel how they feel. Rayna is my fave all day long so I'm less sensitive to it than others, but it does seem as through Rayna has been more of a presence throughout the episodes so far whereas Juliette is more of a tangent at the moment. Hopefully that will change, not at Rayna's expense but at the expense of characters like Maddie and Clay etc.
__________________
icon by heart of rhythm
Jjou is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Spoilers Guide
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.