Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 09:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwair (View Post)
I'm good on the stopwatch. I have a life. If airtime becomes that big of a concern, I will simply change the channel. Problem solved.

You don't like a show, stop watching. Don't make the fandom miserable for everyone else with endless complaining.
I was right in the middle of a very toned down response when this popped up.

Yes, the writing is more organic and all that is true. But we all have the right to complain about what we feel is wrong with the show. It is a miracle season. My miracle season as much as it is everyone else's and I am not going to be silent about what I feel they are doing wrong. It doesn't mean we aren't thankful. If anything, I'm more vocal about what I don't like because I want S5 to be what they said it would be - the best season ever.

If someone doesn't see that there is a CLEAR imbalance going on with the screen time then they just don't want to see it.

And why do you have to be so rude? Is the fandom any worse off from people saying there's an imbalance of screen time than the many hundreds of posts whining about Rayna's rumoured death?

ETA: "Endless complaining" is EXACTLY what I meant when I said it's dismissive.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm good on the stopwatch. I have a life. If airtime becomes that big of a concern, I will simply change the channel. Problem solved.

You don't like a show, stop watching. Don't make the fandom miserable for everyone else with endless complaining.
See Jjou the point some of us were trying to make this morning and you said you didn't see. This right there is the prime example of the crap anyone who isn't a Deyna fan has had to deal with.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
ITA give them something to do. They could have easily put Avery in that episode by having him walk out the door on the way to meet his future band when Maddie walked in his house (well technically right now it's just Juliette's but he lives there). He could have asked for internship updates and say ok see ya bye.
Or he comes home from meeting his band as Maddie's leaving. Asks her about the internship and then has a minute to talk to Juliette about his band.

Will too. He was on the set of SGs video. A scene with Gunnar and not just Zach? Even adding a Deacon/Scarlett scene somewhere

I didn't even hate the Maddie story (and I was expecting to ) but it was a lot of Maddie
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
I was right in the middle of a very toned down response when this popped up.

Yes, the writing is more organic and all that is true. But we all have the right to complain about what we feel is wrong with the show. It is a miracle season. My miracle season as much as it is everyone else's and I am not going to be silent about what I feel they are doing wrong. It doesn't mean we aren't thankful. If anything, I'm more vocal about what I don't like because I want S5 to be what they said it would be - the best season ever.

If someone doesn't see that there is a CLEAR imbalance going on with the screen time then they just don't want to see it.

And why do you have to be so rude? Is the fandom any worse off from people saying there's an imbalance of screen time than the many hundreds of posts whining about Rayna's rumoured death?

ETA: "Endless complaining" is EXACTLY what I meant when I said it's dismissive.
I suppose I'm being "rude" because I'm at my wits end. I come to the spoiler thread to read about spoilers. Not read incessant whining that we didn't get 5 more minutes of Juliette wiggling her toe or crying because she was the only person who lived. Take that to the Javery thread.

And "whining" about Rayna's rumored impending doom is a bit of a bigger deal, I would think, because if things pan out as they're expected to, Rayna is gone. Dead. Forever.

I can't imagine Juliette's fans would've been very silent had Hayden chosen to not return in the midst of her personal problems.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I suppose I'm being "rude" because I'm at my wits end. I come to the spoiler thread to read about spoilers. Not read incessant whining that we didn't get 5 more minutes of Juliette wiggling her toe or crying because she was the only person who lived. Take that to the Javery thread.

And "whining" about Rayna's rumored impending doom is a bit of a bigger deal, I would think, because if things pan out as they're expected to, Rayna is gone. Dead. Forever.

I can't imagine Juliette's fans would've been very silent had Hayden chosen to not return in the midst of her personal problems.
Pity for you. Must be similar to how I felt reading 1,000 theories killing every one from Teddy to the neighbor's cat to get out of Rayna being dead. But I wasn't rude to anyone about it.

And we weren't silent then. And I believe we were still dismissed as has been discussed several times in the previous thread.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
See Jjou the point some of us were trying to make this morning and you said you didn't see. This right there is the prime example of the crap anyone who isn't a Deyna fan has had to deal with.
Quote:
Yes ok, concede the point there, but such strongly worded posts are quite rare, so hadn't come across too many up til now.

But, in a similar vein, mocking her Rayna fans for trying to figure out the sides and clues and hoping she's not dead is a bit mean too. At least they're related to spoilers and I for one will be devasted if/when she goes.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought my first post was fairly diplomatic. I didn't really get set off until I was told to go take a stopwatch. *shrug*

Sorry for saying what needed to be said. Can we please get back to spoilers?
Old 01-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Yes ok, concede the point there, but such strongly worded posts are quite rare, so hadn't come across too many up til now.
Oh, but that's not the first time. When jb first thought Layla/Avery were a thing we were damn near called crazy for complaining about that. Ironically, by the same poster. And didn't it happen?

ETA: Mocking where?
Old 01-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am actually someone really patient usually and I was one of the rare ones who tried to find theories such as Witness Protection, fake death, dream when Rayna fans were losing hope over the fake sides but it's hard to be nice when you get reply telling you to put up and shut or that it's all in your head. Kinda like last season when J/A fans saw straight away that L/A was going to be paired and we were told it was all in our head and to stop panicking over nothing. The imbalance is not in our head just like L/A wasn't. And for the record I only said the stopwatch thing because if you can't see the obvious it's the easiest way to see it. Many people on various sites and shows calculate airtime and they have lives. Heck some do it for soaps and that is a lot of shows to do.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 01-28-2017 at 09:57 AM
Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ok, maybe not mocking but a bit snarky:
Quote:
Pity for you. Must be similar to how I felt reading 1,000 theories killing every one from Teddy to the neighbor's cat to get out of Rayna being dead. But I wasn't rude to anyone about it.
Most people worried about Rayna aren't being rude or dismissive of other characters fans, I hope I'm not, but people will always look for things to explain away what they don't want to be true, hence the '1000 theories'
Old 01-28-2017, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ok, maybe not mocking but a bit snarky:

Most people worried about Rayna aren't being rude or dismissive of other characters fans, I hope I'm not, but people will always look for things to explain away what they don't want to be true, hence the '1000 theories'
I don't think anyone thinks making theories is being dismissive of other characters. I think it's totally normal to try to hold on to anything to make the show not go down by having one of their lead leave. The dismissive stuff is about people concern for their own storylines being told it's no biggie. Two seperate issues.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Extreme Fan

You do see that that's in response to airwair saying "incessant whining" about Juliette not getting equal screentime? The point was there were numerous posts trying to figure out what's going on with Connie and numerous posts about an imbalance of screen time and the revisionist history of S/G and what happened with W/K and no one told Connie/Rayna fans to stop theorizing or stop complaining but someone comes and tries to shut down talk of the imbalance and problems with the show.

What I said when I decided to stop theorizing on episodes 510-511 was that I was off the crazy train because it was too much. Connie's Ellen interview, Ed's cryptic tweets, the untrustworthy sides - it's all too much. I literally said that you all will be devastated if all this happens and Rayna is killed off.

And someone saying I apologize for saying what needed to be said is way more of a problem than saying y'all came up with 1,000 theories. But pass on that non-apology I guess.

Unbelieveable.

ETA: Also, when is the last time a juicy show spoiler came out on a Saturday morning? Yeah, right.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)

ETA: Also, when is the last time a juicy show spoiler came out on a Saturday morning? Yeah, right.
Yeah which sucks cause the 506 pics are late this week so we have nothing new to talk about this weekend.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Christ, it's like we haven't made clear how happy we are to have another season - and possibly, more than one season - of our show.

It's like I didn't promise to give the show a blank slate after the change of staff and it's like I didn't deliver.

Nobody should be immune to criticism. I spoke out strongly about several plotlines on Battlestar Galactica and I loved that show, and I love Ron Moore.

My problem with S/G isn't that I can't accept a reality where they're not happy and together. It's the throwing Gunnar under the bus. It's the blatant lies about their backstory.

My problem with the writing in general so far is that we don't have a male point of view. We have idealized boyfriends, supportive husbands and a¤#holes.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telepath (View Post)
My problem with the writing in general so far is that we don't have a male point of view. We have idealized boyfriends, supportive husbands and a¤#holes.
The show has always been bigger on the female point of you in the past but with the showrunners switching from female to males, you would think that would change for the better. The Gunnar treatment is horrible. At this point if ''Vita'' is really Scarlett and we get a WTD with Gunnar and Damian I don't even know who the show wants us to root for as father because they are sending with episode like 505 the message that Gunnar is the big bad. And that somehow Damian abusive approach really was to be the man to show Scarlett who she really is type of deal.

And Avery is reduce for fortune cookie with the same lines over and over.

Will's growth from season 4 is mostly gone. Kevin's personality changed too.

Deacon is the perfect husband which is great after all D/R went through but all their current storylines have Rayna in the driver seat and POV.

And Clay in one episode got the jackpot of issues.

Very strange.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread