Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Arrow S & S #71: Because "Oliver's like Lord Varys this year” - Stephen Amell

After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island called Lian Yu. Oliver returned home to Starling City to his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, his old friend, Tommy Merlyn, and ex-flame Laurel Lance. However they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. Oliver secretly creates the persona of the Arrow – a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and save his Starling City.

After a year of trying to atone for his father's sins by taking justice into his own hands. Oliver is changed by the death of his best friend, Tommy Merlyn, who dies during the undertaking caused by Malcolm Merlyn. He vows to honor his friends memory and save Starling City in a different way - refusing to be the "killer" he once was. With his team at his side, John Diggle his right hand man (ex soldier) and Felicity Smoak, his eyes and ears (computer expert). The two most important people in Oliver's life and journey towards heroism. Oliver, the Arrow and his team are cleaning up the city and protecting the citizens of Starling. Roy Harper, who hero worshipped the Arrow also is also a member of Team Arrow. Alongside honorary member, Captain Quientin Lance (who once hated the Arrow) at the helm in the police department. Oliver has many enemies lurking in plain site will he be able to defeat them...

ARROW Season 3 Preview — with Ra’s al Ghul

3x01: The Calm
Airdate:October 8, 2014
Description:In the aftermath of this victory, Season Three opens with Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

Spoilers:
There is a Felicity and Oliver date, and it goes wrong
There will be a raw and honest discussion about their feelings
Oliver will have a moment where he behaves in a manner that scares him
Brandon Routh will debut as Ray Palmer, a professional competitor as well as competition as a love interest for Felicity
There is a scene in a boxing ring
There is an explosion
Quentin Lance is now a Captain
Laurel Lance is now DA
The introducter of Werner Zytle as the new Vertigo
There is an escaped convict with a gun at the courthouse
We will meet Oliver’s new HK handlers
There is no Thea in this ep
Dr that treated ARROW’s knee returns
Call back to the Coffee scene between Oliver and Felicity
Call back to Oliver and Felicity’s first meeting
There is an Olicity kiss
Sara is in this episode
Something will happen in this episode that will leave a big question, that will be answered in 309, and lead into the 2nd half of the season
Dialogue Teaser:"What're you doing here? And the answer better not be stalking me." - Felicity Smoak

3x02: Sara
Airdate: October 15, 2014
Description:Season 3’s second episode will find Oliver hunting down a vicious killer and mercenary
who is wanted for murder in seven countries and now is targeting victims who are associated with a specific company.
Spoilers:
Colin O'donnell will be back in a Hong Kong flashback
Sara is in this episode
There is an emotionally trying scene with Diggle and Oliver
There maybe a scene(s) between Sara, Felicity, and Laurel that do not include Oliver
Sara and Roy bonding moment.
Villain is a mercenary called Komodo, played by Matt Ward
There is no Thea in this episode

3x03: Corto Maltese
Airdate:October 22, 2014
Description:
Spoilers:

Oliver will say something to Felicity that prompts her to visit Barry for Flash ep 104 titled ‘Going Rogue’
There will be a Laurel and Felicity scene that could not be done with Laurel knowing about the ARROW
Introduction of Ted Grant/Wildcat played by JR Ramirez
Oliver will jump off a moving van as the ARROW
Introduction of David Cubitt as Mark Shaw/Man Hunter He will be a soldier of ARGUS and have a connection to Diggle
There is a scene where Oliver is at a possible airstrip as Oliver, not arrow, and holding a gun.
Oliver will have a fight scene as Oliver, not the ARROW

3x04: The Magician
Airdate: October 29, 2014
Description:
Spoilers:

Photos from an Oliver and Malcolm confrontation
Felicity will be in Central City, but she will be in the episode in some form
Episode will focus on Malcolm Merlyn
Nyssa Al Ghul will make an appearance
Ras Al Ghul, played by Matt Nable will make his first appearance

3x05: The Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak
Airdate:TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Felicity Flashbacks that include MIT
Felicity’s Mother Donna, played by Charlotte Ross, will appear.
Felicity and her mother will not get along
Oliver will meet Donna.
There is a scene with Dig and the Diglett
Felicity will have black hair in flashback
Felicity kissing a man who gets arrested

3x06: Guilty
Description:
Spoilers:Roy centric episode and will bring into question Roy’s place on the team Amy Gumenick
will guest star as Carrie Cutter AKA CUPID, as Arrow’s #1 fan

3x07: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:The end of this ep will be the start of the crossover even with the Flash Amy Gumenick will guest star
as Carrie Cutter AKA CUPID, as Arrow’s #1 fan Austin Butler guest stars as a DJ named Chase and possible LI for Thea.

3x08: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x09: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x10: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x11: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x12: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x13: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x14: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x15: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x16: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x17: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x18: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x19: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x20: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x21: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x22: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

3x23: TBA
Description:
Spoilers:

Arrow Related GIFs and Spoiler Links:
GIFs and Links Arrow S & S 36

Upcoming Thread Title Suggestions
You get a love interest, you get a love interest, love interests for everyone! Oh, except for you Oliver...you get a stalker - DorothyRules
Because Felicity's like Glen Coco - Suitup
Because you have failed this fandom give us the poster lol! -Suitup

Past Threads:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28,
29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42,
43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56,
57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67
68, 69, 70

Twitters:

Regular Cast:

Stephen Amell
Katie Cassidy
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Colton Haynes
Willa Holland
John Barrowman

Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer)
Caity Lotz (Sara Lance/The Canary)
Charlotte Ross (Donnna Smoak)
Cynthia Addai-Robinson (Amanda Waller)
J.R. Ramirez (Ted Grant)
Karl Yune ( Maseo Yamashiro)
Michael Rowe (Floyd Lawton/Deadshot)

Former Major Guest Stars/Recurring Characters:

Bex Taylor-Klaus (Sin)
Colin Donnell (Tommy Merlyn)
Colin Salmon (Walter Steele)
Manu Benett (Slade Wilson/DeathStroke)

Network/Crew:

A.J. Kreisberg
Greg Berlanti
Marc Guggenheim
Arrow Production Office
ArrowWritersRoom
CW_Arrow
CW Network
DC Comics
WB Entertainment

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, Colton Hayes as Roy Harper and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Green Lantern,” “Brothers &Sisters”), Marc Guggenheim (“FlashForward,” “Eli Stone”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Warehouse 13,” “The Vampire Diaries”) and David Nutter (“Smallville,” “Supernatural,” “Game of Thrones”). Melissa Kellner Berman (“Eli Stone,” “Dirty Sexy Money”) is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

Special thanks to SuitUp for thread title.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 09-14-2014 at 04:13 PM
Old 09-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

-----------------------------------------------Reserved space for earlier discussion----------------------------------------------
Olicity vs Smoaking Atom

Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.

Last edited by SuitUp; 09-14-2014 at 09:44 AM
Old 09-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 09-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Tftnt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclecticphilly (View Post)
This is a really great post Cat. Thank you for writing it.

I just wanted to add another reason that Neilson is using twitter (and Facebook) to track TV ratings isn't just because of how many mentions are directly tagged (althought that is a main reason) they track unique vs RTs, how many followers those people have, based on that they provide numbers of how many people potentially saw a tweet about a certain show. Tweets that originate in the US count more towards a points system then tweets from other countries. It's all designed to get immediate feedback. And your right the tracking data doesn't care if it is positive or negative. It is just looking for volume. Posting on Tumblr, Reddit, any other sites other than Twitter and Facebook are not tracked by Neilsons. I'm sure CW pays people to gather that data but it doesn't count towards ratings.

There are plenty of limitation to it. For example if people on twitter that have their accounts protected twitter can't see them and their tweets don't count (for trends or ratings) if more than 3 hashtags are used (for example someone tweets #Arrow, #Green, #Purple) that tweet is filtered out as spam and doesn't count. It's an evolving process but we are getting closer to having a better method to track viewership then we ever have had before.

TV networks still use focus groups when deciding on major changes in the storyline. They also focus group at the end of every season. It's the only way they have to get specific demos and get answers to direct questions. My guess would be that before they changed love interest they would have had a lot of focus groups plus twitter information. DC, WB, and CW have a LOT riding on the success of Arrow and are multi million dollar companies. They wouldn't leave it to chance. I'm sure the focus groups involved comic fans, Arrow fans, men and women from different age groups.
Wow! You and @thecatbastet are a wealth of info. SmoakandArrow (queen bee of Olicity) posted an article talking about Neilson now using twitter in its ratings system, but you two explained it far better! Thanks !

And as for Ray trumping Oliver for Felicity? He will be barely a blip on radar (my opinion of course )
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
Old 09-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Lord Varys ....i don't understand?

Ideals are peaceful; history is Violent -WarDaddy(FURY)
Old 09-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Doubtful, and I don't think it's the show's intention. If it were, Oliver would have gotten his own love interest instead of Stephen being very clear that Oliver is all about Felicity this season. All Oliver has gotten in the new casting extravaganza is a psycho stalker, lol.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Tftnt
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
Tftnt!!

Wow! You and @thecatbastet are a wealth of info. SmoakandArrow (queen bee of Olicity) posted an article talking about Neilson now using twitter in its ratings system, but you two explained it far better! Thanks !

And as for Ray trumping Oliver for Felicity? He will be barely a blip on radar (my opinion of course )
Yep, exactly! He is merely a tool to further the plot. I may like him, I may not, but he isn't a permanent thing, so he is nothing to worry over.
LadyChaos, Lord Varys is a eunuch on GoT. Stephen made the comparison at a con because Oliver won't be getting any nookie this season lol.
Passionate Fan

Tftnt!!

I LOVE THE NEW LAYOUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChaos (View Post)
Lord Varys ....i don't understand?
Eunuch from Game of Thrones
Old 09-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
Yep, exactly! He is merely a tool to further the plot. I may like him, I may not, but he isn't a permanent thing, so he is nothing to worry over.
LadyChaos, Lord Varys is a eunuch on GoT. Stephen made the comparison at a con because Oliver won't be getting any nookie this season lol.
Hopefully Oliver does nookie with Felicity
Old 09-14-2014, 09:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
Haha.....thats awesome.....i watch GoT but I couldn't remember who Lord Varys was.....

Old 09-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

tftnt .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 09-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japril (View Post)
Hopefully Oliver does nookie with Felicity
I think we will get Olicity kiss at the beginning (obviously) and toward the end. That's it......nookie will come next season

Old 09-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

We need time to prepare our immortal souls for the nookie
Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt
Closed Thread   Post New Thread