Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 PM
New Fan

General TV Discussion #1 - Let's talk TV! (Your show doesn't have a thread? Talk about it here!)

This is the thread to discuss any tv show you like! Specifically shows that don't have open boards.

Before opening new threads, please check the board guide and ask here to make sure there are enough people to guarantee a discussion.

Some threads were recently closed due to inactivity, but may be re-opened. Here is a list of those shows;

15 Love
30 Rock
About a Girl
Accidentally On Purpose
According to Jim
Animal Practice
As If
Ashes to Ashes
Back to You
Beach Girls
Better With You
Big Day
Big Shots
Blind Justice
Blossom
Bored to Death
Boston Legal
Boston Public
The Brady Bunch
Cashmere Mafia
The Class
The Cleaner
The Clubhouse
Coma
Commander in Chief
The Comeback
Corner Gas
Crossing Jordan
Dark Blue
The Days
Deadwood
The Deep End
Defying Gravity
Dirt
Dirty Sexy Money
Drive
Eastwick
Eleventh Hour
Eli Stone
Everybody Hates Chris
Evidence
The Ex List
Fear Itself
Flight of the Conchords
Flying Doctors
The Forgotten
Growing Pains
Higher Ground
House of Cards
Hung
Huge
I Just Want My Pants Back
The Inside
Into the West
Jack and Jill
Joey
John from Cincinnati
Journeyman
The Jury
Justice
Keen Eddie
Killpoint

LAX
Life
Life Is Wild
Lincoln Heights
Lipstick Jungle
Lone Star
Lucky Louie
M*A*S*H
Mad About You
McLeod's Daughter
Meadowlands
Men of a Certain Age
Mercy
Miss-Guided
Miss Match
Monk
Moonlight
Mr. Sunshine
My Boys
My Family
My Generation
My Name is Earl
My Own Worst Enemy
New Amsterdam
The Nine
The Nine Lives of Chloe King
Nip/Tuck
Northshore
October Road
The Office UK
Off The Map
O'Grady
Once and Again
Outsourced
Over There
Oz
Pan Am
Pepper Dennis
Point Pleasant
Popular
The Pretender
Providence
Quarterlife
Quintuplets
Related
The Return of Jezebel James
Revelations
The Riches
Robin Hood (BBC)
Rome
Runaway

Last edited by Alexa; 03-27-2013 at 04:49 PM
Old 03-01-2013, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to change this title to something else, OK? It's to create a free topic/general TV thread. Thanks for starting up this discussion, I think it's interesting.

As for my answer, HBO is pretty much number one when it comes to quality programming - they pioneered cable IMO. They were the ones who weren't afraid to put out shows that defied the censors. And since they blazed the trail, we now have cable networks like Showtime, TNT, AMC, etc following the lead.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)
I'm going to change this title to something else, OK? It's to create a free topic/general TV thread. Thanks for starting up this discussion, I think it's interesting.

As for my answer, HBO is pretty much number one when it comes to quality programming - they pioneered cable IMO. They were the ones who weren't afraid to put out shows that defied the censors. And since they blazed the trail, we now have cable networks like Showtime, TNT, AMC, etc following the lead.

HBO Is the first network to take shows to the next level. But in terms of the network with the best shows on television I don't think that comes in to play.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Absolute Fan

I've been wondering about what Showtime is about. We don't have much American channels here in Latvia, only Fox International and Universal somewhat airs reasonable shows from which I had chance to watch on national television. Oh and Sony Entertainment seems ok. Though now noticed Sy-fy has gone from tv guide and replaced with this Showtime which isn't quite fitting the info I found on google. I liked Sy-fy though, aired Dark Angel when I was out of city for couple months during summer. Had pleasant breakfast watching choice in original language.

Also been noticing CBSzone and CBSreality channels. Never watched since I cannot buy package of 30+ channels for what's nearly half my mom earns. But there's nothing except second sound of Hawaii 5-O two seasons and another show, it never changes. Anyone knows those channels? Is it same everywhere else?
Old 03-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

I don't get to watch a lot of TV since I travel a lot, but the only channels I usually DVR from are HBO, NBC, CBS, ABC, Showtime, AMC, BBC America (Doctor Who), and TNT.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Well, I'd like to have HBO and USA here, and of course NBC and CBS too. Unfortunately it looks like we can get only weak reflections from those.
Checked out some websites and indeed we have Showtime here now, only without Dexter, Californication, Homeland as it's promised on their homepage. Europe/Russia gets cut off again...
At least Universal aired Mentalist, Las Vegas, Royal Pains and Numb3rs. I'm missing both Fox channels now...
Old 03-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

I wish there was a way for me being in the US to more easily see canadian television shows, because I like a lot of there stuff that I have seen like Lost Girl for example.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 03-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me and Kara decided to use this thread as a general discussion.

We only want threads started if there is a lot of discussion going on, so if your thread hasnt been created, feel free to talk about it here!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

what's up with the new rule about opening a thread? if you make it, the flocks will come! i'm kidding. two other people is a reasonable request imo.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

does anyone watch Life with Boys?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah lex, 3 people really isnt that many, as long as we have some discussion going thats all we ask.

a lot of threads have been started and literally its that one post and then no one responds, so it just kinda seems pointless.

i want people to have threads for shows they watch, i do, but i mean, if no one is gonna discuss them with you then theres not really a point anyway.

never heard of life with boys, whats it about?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 AM
New Fan

Does anyone watch Downton Abbey? It's a British series.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Did you watch Band of Brothers before? When I was a kid I watched it and it was only this year I've started to understand it.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

havent seen either.

there is a board for downton abbey though...

Last edited by Alexa; 03-25-2013 at 02:09 PM
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRamos (View Post)
Did you watch Band of Brothers before? When I was a kid I watched it and it was only this year I've started to understand it.
I loved that! Like, I would watch my DVD every week! And so many actors from that show have continued to be working actors - biggest star now is Damien Lewis