Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 02:36 PM
MST Manager

Once And Again Appreciation Thread Part #7 ~ Gone But Not Forgotten~

[img]smilies/sun.gif[/img] Welcome To The Once And Again Appreciation Thread! [img]smilies/sun.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, our show is gone and off the air, but it will never be forgotten. You can catch repeats on the cable channel, Lifetime. Check your local listings for times. In the meantime, let's continue to post and appreciate this wonderful show that was cancelled prematurely and never given the chance it rightly deserves. We welcome all newbies to the thread and a special thanks to the regulars (although some may have gone) who continue to keep this thread alive.

Nikki [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Last edited by NikNak; 06-17-2004 at 09:34 AM
NikNak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, Nik, what a beautiful beginning to the new thread. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] ya girlie!

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I miss this show!!

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
*Stacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Passionate Fan

This was one of the greater shows on TV. It sucks when good shows get cancelled...especially knowing what we're left with. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 11:48 AM
MST Manager

Right back at ya, Stace. [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

I saw an O&A epi last night when Judy first opened Book Lovers and her and Lily got into a huge fight, also Will Gluck left. Ah, I loved it. I miss this show so much.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, I loved Book Lovers. A cool place. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I want the rest of this show on DVD!! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

icon by jess
Old 06-23-2003, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Huge O&A fan here. I simply love this show. Bringing this from the previous thread:

Name: Laura
Birthdate:April 12
Favorite TV Show:Smallville, Once & Again, The Pretender
Favorite O&A Episode:Too many to list but I especially love the Tough Love ep.
Favorite O&A Character:Grace all the way! Julia was excellent in that role.
Least O&A Character:I really don't have one but I didn't like Jennifer and Carla very much.
Favorite O&A Couple:I'm a huge Eli/Grace shipper [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Least O&A Couple:Grace/Dimitri - there's something wrong about teenage girl and grown-up man having a relationship.
What Will You Remember Most About The Show:How good it was. It had everything you could ask for. Definitely one of the best TV series of all time.

[ 06-23-2003: Message edited Lazy ]

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:50 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazy:
<STRONG>Favorite O&A Character:Grace all the way! Julia was excellent in that role.
Favorite O&A Couple:I'm a huge Eli/Grace shipper [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
OMG, my eyes!

*shudders*

I don't think I can welcome you here. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Hehe. Just kidding. Welcome to the thread! It's nice to have new O&A fans.
Old 06-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] Just go away Nik. I will welcome her!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome fellow Grace/Eli shipper!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

icon by jess
Old 06-23-2003, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanx for the welcomes! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I was thinking that that will probably be your response to my post, Nik [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 02:16 PM
MST Manager

[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Btw, is the banner showing up in my opening post? Just checking.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Just stopping by. I wonder if they plan on releasing the other 2 seasons on DVD. I really feel like rewatching some of those episodes.

xoxo,
Vlada
willow0085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure about the other seasons. I have not heard anything. I'd give my right pinkie for the other2, but yet, I still need to buy the first season. I keep thinking maybe it's me. If I just buy it, that will be the one to send it over the top. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

icon by jess
Old 06-24-2003, 11:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh'sTexasGal:
<STRONG>I'd give my right pinkie for the other2</STRONG>
That makes two of us. Thankfully, I have the first season, but that only makes me want the other two even more.

BTW, this is from this week's Ask Matt column at tvguide.com:

Question: Judging from ABC's drama-starved past season, I can't help but think it's too bad Once and Again isn't still around and going into its fifth season. Wouldn't it have made sense for ABC to have held onto its jewel in the crown? It was ABC's best drama in decades. Too late to bring it back? — John

Matt: Given the network's complete failure in the drama department last season — and I include Dragnet on that list, even though it got picked up to run (and presumably disappear) on Saturdays — a little smug hindsight from Once and Again fans seems justified. How much worse could that show have done than the dramatic turkeys they served up? But it's over, and we should all learn to move on, as everyone with the show has since (although I keep hearing that those brilliant producers Marshall Herskovitz and Ed Zwick are developing something new for TV, and if so, I can't wait).

Oh man, if that last statement is true, I'm going to be one happy girl. I really hope they do come back into the TV medium. I miss the honesty and beauty of their shows so much. But please, just don't let it be ABC again. I don't think they'd go back to that network anyway. Does anyone else think that their work would be more nutured at a channel like HBO? Granted O&A didn't have the sex or violence factor of some of HBO's shows, I still think HBO is much more appreciative of quality than broadcast networks, and can afford a smaller audience. Plus, who knows, maybe they wanted to push the envelope a little more with O&A and weren't able to do so being on a broadcast network, so maybe HBO is just the place. Okay, I'm done hypothesizing now. Just glad to hear the possibility of my two favorite guys returning to TV.

xoxo,
Vlada

[ 06-24-2003: Message edited willow0085 ]
willow0085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the info Vlada. I would love for them to come back on tv and I agree, they need to go somewhere they will be appreciated and respected. Wish some of the old actors/actresses would come back to their new show. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by jess
Old 06-25-2003, 01:17 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for the info. I would love to watch a new show by the O&A writers. I know they wouldn't disappoint. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]