Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2007, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quarterlife #1: B/C I have to be honest... it's like a fetish or something!

Quarterlife Appreciation Thread #1
new episodes online every Sunday and Thursday!

What is Quarterlife?
“quarterlife” is a new Internet series created by Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick, the creative team behind “My So-Called Life,” “thirtysomething,” “Legends of the Fall,” and “Blood Diamond.”

What is Quarterlife about?
Both the new online series and social network take on the crucial years between 20 and 30, when so many of life’s important decisions are made. The “quarterlife” series tells the ongoing stories of six creative people in their twenties. As with Herskovitz’s and Zwick’s earlier television series, at the center of “quarterlife” is a commitment to realism, the recognition of universal human themes through the truthful depiction of the way young people speak, work, think, love, argue, and just goof around. Starting with Dylan, a young woman whose overly truthful video blog (on quarterlife.com of course) spills the closest secrets of her friends, the show’s characters – filmmakers Danny and Jed, actress-bartender Lisa, geek-extraordinaire Andy, and still-tied-to-her-parents Debra – chart the sometimes excruciating, sometimes comic, often emotional experiences that comprise coming of age as part of the digital generation.

Links
Official Site // MySpace // YouTube

Cast

Bitsie Tulloch as Dylan
QL Profile // MySpace

Scott Michael Foster as Jed
QL Profile // MySpace

Michelle Lombardo as Debra
QL Profile // MySpace

David Walton as Danny
QL Profile // MySpace

Maite Schwartz as Lisa
QL Profile // MySpace

Kevin Christy as Andy
QL Profile // MySpace

Icons

by Linds and Vicki

Last edited by i never learn; 11-16-2007 at 01:15 PM
i never learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll get this added to our thread guide.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

I wasn't expecting much from this "internet" series before I watched it yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. The first two parts of Quarterlife were thoroughly entertaining, realistic and had a high video quality...like watching a network television show. The writers are slowly giving us glimpses into each main character's life and already I have some that I love (Dylan) and one in particular that I find VERY annoying and unlikeable (Danny). In the case of Danny, it might just be the actor that plays him...he's not very good and his voice sounds like a cartoon character, any minute I thought he'd say Doh.

Last edited by WBoverlay; 11-12-2007 at 10:38 AM Reason: spelling
WBoverlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry, please delete double post.

Last edited by WBoverlay; 11-12-2007 at 06:06 AM Reason: delete double post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

im already attached to Dylan and even ship her with Jed... can't wait for more

I dont know about Danny yet... I found Lisa most annoying
Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Dylan has a crush on Danny (Homer Simpson sound alike voice) and Jed has a crush on Debra. I too am hoping Dylan and Jed realize they would be good for each other. I don't think Danny is good enough for Dylan but I don't seem to know enough about Debra yet, other than she was the "popular" girl at school. I think Lisa is the one with some real emotional problems and her story might grow to become one of the more interesting and complex scenarios. I actually want to know more about her.

Danny seemed to be condescending toward Jed and that also made me not like him. Maybe there will be more to his character later than the know it all guy who is always right and always gets the girl.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i didnt get that at all... i think she has the hots for Jed... when she was talking about not being seen she was staring at Jed while Jed was staring at Debra so...
Old 11-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
i didnt get that at all... i think she has the hots for Jed... when she was talking about not being seen she was staring at Jed while Jed was staring at Debra so...
Yeah you are right, I just rewatched part one and Dylan is looking at Jed while Jed is looking at Debra. When I saw that scene the first time, I thought it was Jed and Dylan both looking over at Debra and Danny and took that to mean something else.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lexi! You started the thread and didn't tell meeee.

I'm really, really loving the show so far. I adore Dylan and Jed, together and apart. I think Andy is hilarious. I haven't really connected with the other characters yet, but I love the writing and direction. Danny does seem like an ass at the moment, really one-dimensional, so I hope that changes... or maybe that's just who he is? Eh.

Some caps (mostly Scott/Jed related).

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

I've been ridiculously excited for this. Mostly because of my fangirl love for Scott Michael Foster.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Linds+ (View Post)
Lexi! You started the thread and didn't tell meeee.
*SUPRISE*

gah! jed! hee, is it possible to like him more than cappie? idk, maybe its just scott
Old 11-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hee! I hear ya on that, Vicki.

I... I never thought it possible, but! I think I love both he and Cappie equally. They're so, so different. I'm really enjoying seeing Scott play someone a little less confident, a little more shy and uncertain. It's a character that's just so good and decent, that you really want to shield them from heartache, you know? That's the feeling I had, at least.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

shy, yes exactly... i just love shy guys, hee... put IA, cappie/jed/scott... all lovable in their own right
Old 11-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Jed definitely reminds me of Cappie, while still being really different. Which is nice.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Does he, really? I didn't see Cappie at all. Actually, there was one moment... when Jed walks in and Dylan is barely dressed and she says, what are you looking at!? And he's like, "Are you asking me this question?" Hee! That seemed like a total Cappie response. I think Scott is doing an amazing job of separating the two, though.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top