Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2023, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, I don't think that LA needs a time jump kind of closing scene... It was always about Callen, and the team, but of Callen primarily .
Old 04-26-2023, 02:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Same here! Plus, there's no mention or even a slight hint of a time jump in any of the interviews that we've seen! And 1 of the early BTS pics from when the finale was being filmed looked like the wedding venue at night! Which suggests that we may see the reception after the vows are said! And given how long the case will more then likely take, it definitely looks to take place right at the very end.

I've always imagined the show ending with the reception. 1 big final speech, and then it all just fades to black. Everyone happy and together, and all alive. Perfect way. There would be no time for a time jump if the reception is included with the episode.
Ladybird16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:48 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I imagine it to end much like Densi's wedding episode ended - with them all happy at the reception (I don't expect a similar full on wedding episode like Densi got though)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I do too! And the episode will definitely be much different then 10x17 from the looks of it.
As long as there's some very much needed and very satisfying Hetty scenes with hopefully everyone, and a few of my other important wishes, It'll hopefully be cool with how it all ends and hopefully won't have to resort to writing fix it fics.
Old 04-26-2023, 02:58 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I haven't read or looked at anything. It is just how I've felt the season would end even before knowing it was the show finale not just a season finale. The show ending just confirmed it in my mind that this is what they'll finish with

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 04-27-2023, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I agree

It just feels like a fitting ending...
Old 05-04-2023, 02:28 PM
Extreme Fan

My thoughts on what's been coming out:

If this is gonna be so happy for everyone, then what about Hetty fans? Don't they get any clarity on the happy ending issue? Don't they matter as well? Or are we once again the 'forgotten' part of the fandom?

There's gonna be a lot of unhappy fans if Hetty doesn't show up in person at all in the final 2 hours, I'm very sure of that. Because we all deserve to see her have a happy ending as well instead of once again being left behind.
Old 05-05-2023, 01:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't really get what they're doing. If Linda isn't available, why not come forward & say that? If she has been & they have been able to use it why keep it a secret while at the same time revealing other parts? They don't need to say anything about what Hetty is doing, just say 'yes she'll appear'

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-05-2023, 01:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Exactly my point! I'm done with 'surprises'. They were nice in Seasons 10 and 12,and especially during the crossover but this is the end! What would be so spoilery about just saying that she'll show up in person?! If anything, THAT would be the 1 big thing to convince lots of fans to watch the whole finale!
Old 05-05-2023, 02:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Even just say "Hetty will be a part of the finale" is better than nothing. It just doesn't make sense to me. Especially when they seem to be releasing quite a bit of other details (not that I've read most of it). Why does Hetty/Linda need to be surprise? Or worse ignored?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-07-2023, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Not sure why her being present for the finale is kept secret - but given the fact that even during lockdown they kept her presence alive - i'm being optimistic and think she will be back, and everything will be tied up.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:21 AM
Graphics Team Manager

None of it makes any sense at all

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

True

bur the show had a long run, and I don't think anyone expected the show to last for so long, when getting Linda involved with the show..

... Still I hope that she's in good health, and that she will be back for the final!
Old 05-08-2023, 11:20 AM
Extreme Fan

My final prediction:

The whole wedding is basically eloping, so that would make plausible sense why the crowd is so small. (plus, not having Arkady and Hetty at all is definitely playing with fire, because there's zero way they'd NOT be involved! Plus, Anna is supposed to have friends, so I doubt they'd be excluded as well)

Right after the vows are said, everyone gets invites to a secret-ish location, and it turns out to be a surprise party thrown by Hetty and (possibly) the Wonder Twins! (with more surprise guests). (I keep on looking at the 1 photo of Dani outside of what looks like a reception/party hall with 2 assistant directors at night that was posted a few days into filming the finale, and I look at the new pics that have been posted by CBS, and this is the speculation that I've come up with that makes the most sense. An elopement more or less means less time to tell many people where the ceremony will be, so why not have a big celebration afterwards with many more people including the ones that are highly expected to be there so they're not completely left out? It just makes that kind of sense!)

(This ain't the sign of a totally desperate fan who can't bear the thought of the team member she stuck with this show for not showing up at all to celebrate her boy getting married, right?)

Last edited by Ladybird16; 05-09-2023 at 12:57 AM
Old 05-09-2023, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Hopefully both Hetty & Arkady will attend the wedding...