Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2023, 09:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Parade interview with the showrunner (no actual spoilers revealed here, or what we didn't already know or suspected):
https://parade.com/tv/ncis-los-angel...inale-spoilers

Regarding Hetty: Will the team have to rescue her?

“We don’t get to that point, but it’s put in motion. Let’s put it that way,” Gemmill tells Parade. “We are going to have steps taken to resolve Hetty’s storyline in a way that I hope leaves fans feeling excited.”

(The only thing that will leave me 'excited' is knowing that she'll still be working at NCIS and being back on good terms with Callen. So if he can't even deliver 1 last episode where everyone gets to be emotionally reunited with her again, then at the very least he could make sure that she's still alive and with her family in the end!!) (and yes, I seriously dislike this guy and his teases because of how confusing and annoying they sound!! )

(And if I sound annoyed and confused, I am both! I don't want to see a 2 Season mission turn into what went down in Season 10! I want everyone to be sooo happy to see her again! And i want it to be on screen so that everyone, even the ones who don't like Hetty because they can't stand the secret keeping and her 'manipulative side', can see that they don't care about her secret keeping or how long she's been gone, they just care about having their boss and friend home safe and sound, like in Season 9!! Can't we even get that?!

Last edited by Ladybird16; 03-05-2023 at 10:53 AM
Ladybird16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 01:41 PM
Extreme Fan

ET interview (mostly just speculation here):
https://www.etonline.com/ncis-la-sta...ries-exclusive

Not to sound overly paranoid, but my idea of a 'beautiful' ending involves Hetty being back at the helm of her team (along with all my other wishes). I don't want to think of this team existing without her being at the helm! She's the real leader, not some grumpy admiral who clearly doesn't want to be in LA! (and yeah, I'm unfortunately too used to getting let down by this show when it comes to Hetty. I just want to know that she'll still be at that beautiful desk, happy to not have to fight for her life every day in a dangerous country)

People interview:
https://people.com/tv/ncis-los-angel...e6b0000147c195

Last edited by Ladybird16; 03-06-2023 at 04:47 PM
Old 03-07-2023, 12:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for those. Sorry I'm not reading them so can't really comment

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 07:55 AM
Extreme Fan

It's really nothing much. Mainly just them describing what their last day of filming was like for them, even saying what they took home from the set. And also teasing that the finale will be 'beautiful', and that there will be 'fulfilling endings' for everyone. (I'm hoping that means there will be plenty of Hetty goodness since 'everyone' definitely includes her!).

The part I love the most is when Eric referred to Hetty as a 'stable mom' in the interview with People.

TV Insider interview (definitely the more better one IMO, it sounds more reasurring of something important that I want):
https://www.tvinsider.com/1084262/nc...ew-wrap-party/

Last edited by Ladybird16; 03-07-2023 at 08:41 AM
Old 03-08-2023, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

I got used to the current team, and I'm found of the admiral, but I do hope that Hetty will get a nice ending too - and that Linda was able to participate in the finale.

I always haven't read the interviews, but there is always time to read them later...
Old 03-10-2023, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The finale storyline is out...

A two parter, over two weeks. May 14th and May 21st, and after the second episode, there will be a tribute special...

Here is the link if you are curious...
SPOILERS

https://deadline.com/2023/03/ncis-lo...es-1235285010/
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Special sounds nice. But I'll only tune in if I'm pleased with the ending
Old 03-11-2023, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

“We don’t get to that point, but it’s put in motion. Let’s put it that way,” Gemmill tells Parade. “We are going to have steps taken to resolve Hetty’s storyline in a way that I hope leaves fans feeling excited.”
------------------------------------------
I'm still really puzzled by this. (then again, almost all his Hetty teasers these past few years were also annoying or severely confusing!). Like, what does this even mean?! Does it mean she won't actually be back in time for the wedding?! (which would be terribly offensive and would make Callen to be a hypocrite because he previously said he wasn't going to have his wedding without Hetty!), does this mean this will all go down off screen and she'll just show up out of the blue with no answers as to how she got home?

I know it's still very early yet, and there'll definitely be more teasers and spoilers well before the final 2 episodes, but why couldn't there be any kind of Hetty teaser in those early press releases?! I want some real idea on how 'exciting' this will be instead of hoping that 1 seriously confusing teaser doesn't end up meaning that there will be an empty chair at the wedding!!
Old 03-11-2023, 07:30 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Perhaps it is meant to be a surprise so they don't want to reveal it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-11-2023, 08:20 PM
Extreme Fan

I honestly hope you're right. I've been fooled by the surprise angle too many times, and I'm tired of it. Or maybe I've just been reading 1 too many negative interpratations of what he's trying to say.
Old 03-11-2023, 11:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Understandable . It is possible you are seeing the negative or seeing too many negative interpretations

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-12-2023, 06:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, they are not going to give away every little tidbit at this moment. Then why tune in LOL. So, they want some surprises. I assume there will be some kind of cameo, even if she is not a bigger part of the finale. I assume they can arrange for a little moment at least.

But if not, it would be a loss. But Callen would not be a hypocrite if he goes ahead. Still not convinced he will actually say 'I do', but there comes a time when you are keeping pause on your life, until finally, you say enough.

Hetty is staying gone for a reason. We know it has to do with the actress's availability, but if Callen wants to marry Anna, eventually, he will have to say if Hetty is not here, I have to do it regardless.

And the show is ending. SO, it is not like he can keep it going forever.

And about the show. It is not the first time the show has started a storyline and failed to go back to it, and may run out of time before revisiting. Not only Hetty and Syria. You have Callen's bigger storyline with his past. Now we have time, so who knows, maybe some of the loose moments will be closed up. They knew they were ending. With time to at least craft the ending they wanted. So it was not a week before wrap up, did they get cancelled.

I guess time will tell. No one really can tell what is going to happen by words of a showrunner, whose mission it is to tease... and draw people to tune in.
Old 03-18-2023, 01:34 AM
Extreme Fan

There's just so much that i want. Not a lot of time for them, and with all these teases and me wondering if 'beautiful' will really mean it or if it'll mean something else, I'm worried that my expectations will end up disappointing me in the end. (Remembering how good and special Goodbye Vietnam and Till Death do us Part kind of has me in a big nostalgia wave now)

I mean, if the next 3 after Sleeping Dogs doesn't do much, then how realistic would it be to expect that an already crowded looking 2 part finale will have some important Hetty scenes that I don't want to be off screen? I just don't to end up remembering this show as the 1 that went downhill after Season 10 and ultimately ended badly as a result of a lot of bad decisions.
Old 03-18-2023, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least they had warning to be able to end things on their terms. Not all shows get that, although some show decide to play chicken and bluff that the network won't cancel them. But at least they knew, in advance. Although it would have been probably better if they had known earlier so they could craft with more time.

But there is a chance for them to at least do some of what fans most want. I would think they could get Hetty for at least a little bit. We might not get everything, because there is a whole list of things that got pushed and did not get solved when they should have, and now they don't have whole lot of time.

Hetty is a pretty big ending piece. Hopefully, we do get some answers.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Here's a plausable theory:
This Sunday's episode sets off a big chain reaction of events that not only proves Hetty was not to blame for Pembrooke abusing Callen all those years ago, but also leads to bringing her home in time for the 2 part finale!
Reply   Post New Thread