Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2023, 02:09 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I am not that. Just living proof that sometimes you can have a baby even when the odds are against it or it should be impossible. My parents were trying at the time.

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the show forgot there was a possibly of another adoption for Kenzie and Deeks LOL. With the other girl. They have been focused on Rosa, naturally, but there has been no action on that other front. Not even mentioning it. So, I mostly forgot about it.

Put it on the list of stories that got away from the show. Starting, and not going anywhere.

So, because they were ending. They went with this idea. A happy ending for the Deeks family. And not having to deal with the realities of Kenzie's pregnancy.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

You're right They probably completely forgot about the other girl... just like they did with so many other stories

And yeah, a happy ending without the need to cover the consequences
Old 06-04-2023, 09:21 AM
Extreme Fan

1st Q deserves a big sequel movie to show the mission and the happy reunions. We deserve to see it unfold (it's been 2 years now!!) instead of just Sam saying that Hetty is 'fine'.

2nd Q: Just say that Hetty offed him off screen (I'm sure she somehow knew about the stalker, and she definitely has the means and resources to find him!)

3rd Q: Just say they were caught off screen, cuz A: I doubt Frank Military would want to write for either NCIS or Hawaii, and B: His dark writing style would be very out of place since both of the others are mainly lighthearted shows at best.

The rest: Anyone's guess really.
Ladybird16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 02:55 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The body stitchers I don't think matters. It didn't have an impact on the team like Hetty or Kessler. Then it isn't a storyline which would fit coming up on one of the other shows as it is darker than they do. But that's a loose end that I don't think anyone cares for the answer to. Having little updates on the team if we can is nice, people would like that. It'd be nice if they could mention the NOLA characters on the other shows from time to time too. But again I won't hold out much hope on that. At least this time we've got Sam going into Hawai'i so there's a chance of it. He could resolve things like Hetty, but that'd be sad. I'd hope that would be a lass resort thing because Linda isn't available as while it'd be sad to involve the other shows that is something that they could do a crossover about still. While updates like Kensi had the baby could just be said verbally by Sam in a Hawai'i episode. Kessler will continue to bug me. I would've much preferred that phone call be someone telling Kensi he'd been killed & they were no longer in danger than her getting pregnant. That would've been a simple solve to a solution to an actual problem. Her being pregnant wasn't a necessary storyline.It actually makes the Kessler storyline loose end worse as now they are bring a baby into a world not just Rosa. So two things he could target. Babies are innocent. So no, I'm not ok with it, & I'll continue to not be ok with it for a while.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-05-2023, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know why they could not deal with Kessler. They started and made it out to be a big threat for Kenzie and Deeks. And you would think with them starting a family with Rosa. He would have come out of hiding for at least one episode. All it needed was a episode to deal with him once and for all. It did not need to be something more than that.

Obviously, they started to Hetty off in her own pursuits in Syria and other places, and because Linda was not able to do much, they could not deal with it. So, why do it in the first place. Yeah, they had to deal with the issue with Hetty. Say, she was off on "Hetty business" But to make it mysterious, and to leave it hanging. Although it was a worth while ending, because it leaves open the possibilty for Sam and Callen. Although Sam will be off working in Hawaii on occasion.

The Body Stitchers storyline was something I forgot about. So, to conclude it. It was not something memorable to me.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Exactly. It just didn't make sense to me. They didn't need to make Kessler a big thing, it could've just been one line to say they were safe really. I just can't see why they couldn't resolve that storyline. I can understand not having the time to have one episode for it, but on the other hand there also were filler ones too so again why not have a quick episode to resolve things

I feel like with Hetty they started something, then covid hit & they couldn't continue it. But they made a bigger & bigger hole for themselves with it hoping Linda could come back & it just never worked out for them that way.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-06-2023, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Kessler should have been resolved... I choose to ignore him ever existing, as otherwise I'd be the same as Chelle knowing that Kensi (& family) that are in fact not fully safe...

I kind of got the feeling that they lost focus on the loose ends, and forgot some of the easier ones to close along the ways...

... The filler episodes probably had something to do with the cast availability based on the pre-agreements they had signed...
Old 06-06-2023, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. They were starting things, and then forgetting about them. Although Kessler was several seasons ago, so it should have come up before the cast started to be paired back their episode allotments. Which really only started to become noticeable, last season.

Starting things, and not dealing with them. Hoping to have one more season and yet when they had one more season, they still did not deal with or starting more convoluting stories with Callen's past.

You would think if you had a big bad that Kessler was supposed to be. Obsessed with Kenzie. He would not have just gone away, especially as she was settling down and having children. He would have come out.

And all it needed to be was a episode.

Not that I cared for the guy. But strange but that could have been easy tie up. That did not need Linda's Hetty back to conclude unlike starting stuff with Callen's past and not doing anything about it.
Old 06-07-2023, 12:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

They could've used the absences as a reason to focus on a Kensi storyline

They were really good at starting things & not finishing, also fixating on Callen. That was a downfall as it just made his history a little too complicated when it didn't need to be.

Given who played Kessler I just don't get how they couldn't arrange something there . Especially when I feel like he would've known that Kensi & Deeks adopted Rosa so that should've been a trigger for him to target again. They could've done away with him, which would then explain Kensi getting pregnant as the threat of Kessler going would be a weight off her shoulders

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-08-2023, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Fixating on Callen, is a good phrase to define the show in some ways...

... Kessler should have been an easy wrap, and would made a perfect mid-season arc... Especially that they got a full season to wrap things up...

I didn't mind the stories they started over the years, but we have also ended up with too many loose ends in overall...

*on the bright side I just finished watching the LA special that ET aired after the final... I love this cast
Old 06-09-2023, 01:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

He was very much the main focus of the storyline, just in the background at times. It carried through with all the milestones or a lot of them from start to finish.

Would've been good then, yes . Although the crossover may have prevented that. It also took an episode away from their season too.

They did well & I didn't mind them jumping around a bit. It is just a shame it left us with loose ends as it would've been impossible to tie them all up. It is good they did tie up a few though. I just wish Kessler was one of them.

Glad you could watch it . Still haven't myself but it never did turn up on Paramount+ here either .

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-09-2023, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind that they focused on Callen. I liked him as a character. Even if his background was dragged on too long, and went unnecessary directions, with certain paths unnecessary. In the vein of NCIS, with Gibb's secretive background so they went in a different direction. And some of it was worthwhile. Given Callen's upbringing, and mysterious first name that was unknown.

But to keep it going, and going into lengths, and using Hetty when she was not even around enough to be able to get the answers. And they admit the answers we got with Pembroke would have been different, and would have been kept going if they had gotten more episodes.
It was a easy way to wrap up the story.

They started so many things, and they did not wrap them up. And they might not have gotten a final season tag. But they could have done something with some of the threads left open long before the ending.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

The Callen saga was interesting , but the last few seasons with Hetty & Pembrooke at times were too much... They could have provided the Pembrooke fix earlier, and could have wrapped up other loose ends...

... What annoys me still is the fact that Sam was supposed to have a girlfriend, who has just simply disappeared at some point in the post covid episodes...

.. LA had a good run in overall, just wish that they would have managed slightly better the timing on wrapping up the loose ends, Kessler, Sam & his father, Kilbride & son etc instead of waiting for Hetty to turn up until the very end...
Old 06-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think they were holding onto too much hope that Linda could return when they should've just found a different way to wrap things up earlier instead of the last minute second last ep (including the final two as one) doing it. Then the longer they dragged it out, the worse it got too.

Yes, more things. Although for me Sam & his father wasn't a storyline left open. It was left to the audience to see what happened there. There is no solve, but for me they had a good relationship & it seemed like his father was getting some support which would help Sam. Plus that storyline could continue into Hawai'i. But the fact that he must be able to travel makes me think that his father is accepting that he needs people to look after him & letting them do it now.

Chelle » join GTmy art
Reply   Post New Thread