Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanyr (View Post)
New interview with Julie Moran. She sure gets him stammering when she comes right out and asks if the kiss in The Bodyguard was just a movie or something more. Of course, he answers without answering, changing the answer to be just about the movie.

Watch Access Hollywood Celebrity News Videos
Wow, I think he went on for 10 minutes talking about the meaning of the kiss to the movie rather than answer Julie's simple direct question about his personal connection with Whitney. . But honestly, I really wish they wouldn't ask him point blank like that. It's awkward for everyone (him, the viewers). Clearly he's not going to directly answer The Big Question, and he shouldn't. The more open-ended questions that he can answer by dropping enough clues to make it perfectly obvious to anyone who cares to pay attention, without actually requiring him to divulge his own, or Whitney's, confidences, are just much better all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer (View Post)
Quite the lovebirds, aren't they?:

Photo from Getty Images

But his mood takes a turn for the better when he is alone:

Actor Kevin Costner Attends The Premiere Of Hatfields… News Photo | Getty Images | 144997540

Nice genuine smile in this one:

Actors Bill Paxton And Kevin Costner Arrive At The… News Photo | Getty Images | 144991571

Doesn't exactly look grim in this one either:

Actors Jena Malone Kevin Costner And Lindsay Pulsipher… News Photo | Getty Images | 144991577

But that quickly changes:

Kevin Costner And Christine Baumgartner Attend The Los… News Photo | Getty Images | 144987564

Actor Kevin Costner And Christine Costner Attend A Special… News Photo | Getty Images | 144987513

Actor Kevin Costner And Christine Costner Arrive At The… News Photo | Getty Images | 144991603

hmmmm....I think I see a common denominator in the sullen-looked pics....gee...I wonder what (who) that could be.....

It's either that or he just bought FB on offer Friday morning :-)

As far as discussing Whitney--he's tiptoeing around the topic of their off-screen relationship. Clearly there is something he doesn't want to reveal and I think we all know what that is. I am sure he feels he'd be betraying Whitney if he spilled-the-beans without her permission and now she'll never be able to give it. If she had lived longer, she might've said something herself, and that would've freed him to talk about it. I hope the interviewers respect her memory enough not to pry any further. On his end he needs to get a standard consistent answer ready. And then if they press him for more information, just say that he'd rather not comment any further and be firm about it.
It's kind of hard to argue with your photo essay, CO! I'm almost ready to offer a reward to anyone who can find a photo of Kevin and CB where Kevin doesn't look utterly despondent (I mean, I might even count one where he just looks "a little blue" as a marked improvement). I sure hope that those pictures don't reflect their reality, because if they do, that just can't be good for anyone in that family!

I think you are right - I would not be at all surprised if he promised Whitney that he would keep certain things under wraps, including their past relationship and whatever more current relationship/contact they had. And he's not going to break that promise because of some nosy reporter. He brought up the letters the first time, unsolicited, to Anderson, and that's been his go-to response about contacting her over the years ever since. It's almost like he knew those questions were coming so he put the letters out there to preempt them and serve as his stock answer. But I don't know, so much of the other stuff he says just doesn't gibe with this notion that these two people haven't had any meaningful contact in 20 years. Including some of his recent present-tense comments about him having a "fairly unique relationship" with her. No matter WHAT their relationship was 20 years ago - co-stars, lovers, music collaborators, platonic friends, friends with benefits, whatever - I don't see how any of those would qualify as "unique" unless there was a much more extensive . . . what's the phrase I'm looking for? Oh I know! -- "personal history" -- over the course of many years. And I've come to believe that that was their reality. But Kevin shouldn't have to tell us about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgirl (View Post)
Quite the presentation you put together - good job! If we didn't know better, we could think maybe he looked angry because someone tried to flirt with the wife. Nahh, don't think that's it! She sure looks happy!
Thanks--glad you appreciate my tongue-in-cheek presentation. Unfortunately it reflects reality for him and I sincerely wish it didn't. I'm sure the reason she looks happy is because she just loves being in front of the cameras. She's always been like that and I am certain it is one of the primary reasons she targeted a celebrity to begin with--she's a classic parasitic hanger-on. I'm just shocked that as much a man-of-the-world that he is, he couldn't recognize it right from the start and not get entangled to begin with.

He was a willing participant--but now he's obviously paying a steep price. Let's face it ladies--the man does not look happily married. He looks utterly, totally miserable. Either that or he's--for whatever reason--just pretending to be trapped in an unhappy, dysfunctional relationship. Poor kids. That's not a good role-model couple to pattern themselves after later in life. I wish he'd remember how his own parents interacted--I'm sure his father didn't look like that whenever he was with his mother. That makes a big difference growing up and how you view marriage and relationships in general. Those of us (as I'm sure he was) who grew up with two loving parents--loving not only to their kids but to each other--are truly blessed.

I know some of you think that he should keep the marriage together simply because of the fact that there are 3 kids involved. I otoh think that he's doing more harm than good to those kids by presenting this role model. And what about his first wife Cindy--was she uncaring about her kids because she filed for divorce? I don't think any of you who are saying he must stay for the sake of his young kids would ever fault Cindy for tossing good ol' Kevin out for his conduct during the marriage. We know she was well within her rights to--even with children in the picture. I think being as used and as miserable as he is being married to CB (from all appearances), he would also be well within his rights to cut ties--he's already hung in there too long.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe1990 (View Post)
It's kind of hard to argue with your photo essay, CO! I'm almost ready to offer a reward to anyone who can find a photo of Kevin and CB where Kevin doesn't look utterly despondent (I mean, I might even count one where he just looks "a little blue" as a marked improvement). ...
just saw your post zoe--I know--we should put up a prize for anyone who can post a picture of him looking joyful with CB. An unphoto-shopped one that is. ha ha.

Quote:
I sure hope that those pictures don't reflect their reality, because if they do, that just can't be good for anyone in that family!
That's exactly what I meant in my reply above. It's not healthy for those kids to be seeing this and patterning after it. If he can't conceal his mood and feelings for a few brief hours for the sake of the cameras, then I doubt he's hiding anything at home on a 24/7/365 basis.

Last edited by casual observer; 05-22-2012 at 04:32 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by casual observer (View Post)
Thanks--glad you appreciate my tongue-in-cheek presentation. Unfortunately it reflects reality for him and I sincerely wish it didn't. I'm sure the reason she looks happy is because she just loves being in front of the cameras. She's always been like that and I am certain it is one of the primary reasons she targeted a celebrity to begin with--she's a classic parasitic hanger-on. I'm just shocked that as much a man-of-the-world that he is, he couldn't recognize it right from the start and not get entangled to begin with.

He was a willing participant--but now he's obviously paying a steep price. Let's face it ladies--the man does not look happily married. He looks utterly, totally miserable. Either that or he's--for whatever reason--just pretending to be trapped in an unhappy, dysfunctional relationship. Poor kids. That's not a good role-model couple to pattern themselves after later in life. I wish he'd remember how his own parents interacted--I'm sure his father didn't look like that whenever he was with his mother. That makes a big difference growing up and how you view marriage and relationships in general. Those of us (as I'm sure he was) who grew up with two loving parents--loving not only to their kids but to each other--are truly blessed.

I know some of you think that he should keep the marriage together simply because of the fact that there are 3 kids involved. I otoh think that he's doing more harm than good to those kids by presenting this role model. And what about his first wife Cindy--was she uncaring about her kids because she filed for divorce? I don't think any of you who are saying he must stay for the sake of his young kids would ever fault Cindy for tossing good ol' Kevin out for his conduct during the marriage. We know she was well within her rights to--even with children in the picture. I think being as used and as miserable as he is being married to CB (from all appearances), he would also be well within his rights to cut ties--he's already hung in there too long.

ETA:

just saw your post zoe--I know--we should put up a prize for anyone who can post a picture of him looking joyful with CB. An unphoto-shopped one that is. ha ha.

That's exactly what I meant in my reply above. It's not healthy for those kids to be seeing this and patterning after it. If he can't conceal his mood and feelings for a few brief hours for the sake of the cameras, then I doubt he's hiding anything at home on a 24/7/365 basis.
I have found some photos of KC and CB from a couple of years ago where he looks reasonably happy............but not since Whitney died.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgirl (View Post)
I have found some photos of KC and CB from a couple of years ago where he looks reasonably happy............but not since Whitney died.
Interesting . . . and not necessarily a coincidence, when you think about it. I think that Whitney really was Kevin's dream, his perfect woman, his one true love (according to the false statement that he did not release but thinks is sweet and thoughtful and did not deny, and which can also be inferred from his own statements and the way he acted when he was around her). It is very easy to imagine that Kevin did not feel before or since the way he felt when he was with Whitney. So part of coming to terms with her death would involve letting go of that dream, and possibly facing a reality that doesn't measure up in his eyes. And maybe that was easier to deal with when the dream was still out there, however remote, but now that she's gone the permanence of that reality is hitting him.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Interesting . . . and not necessarily a coincidence, when you think about it. I think that Whitney really was Kevin's dream, his perfect woman, his one true love (according to the false statement that he did not release but thinks is sweet and thoughtful and did not deny, and which can also be inferred from his own statements and the way he acted when he was around her). It is very easy to imagine that Kevin did not feel before or since the way he felt when he was with Whitney. So part of coming to terms with her death would involve letting go of that dream, and possibly facing a reality that doesn't measure up in his eyes. And maybe that was easier to deal with when the dream was still out there, however remote, but now that she's gone the permanence of that reality is hitting him.
I agree with this. I think this post sums it up perfectly.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
I don't want them to keep on digging for information on their relationship that's Kevney's business no one else's their relationship should stay private like it has been all this time, but I like how he's dropping the subtle hints without giving away too much that's the way it should stay forever.
The selfish and curious part of me wants it all. Now. But I hear ya. For now I'll just settle for the little tidbits Kevin be dropping here and there. However, in future interviews I wouldn't be surprised if he is even more guarded with his responses. He knows they're fishing. He's supposed to be promoting Hatfields/McCoys, but if I'm to assume that was the whole interview that's airing on TV, everything was about Whitney/TBG. Even more, it could be possible, that he is getting some of these major interviews/publicity for Hatfields on the condition that he discuss Whitney. There is renewed interest in Mr. Costner, so could be.

ETA:

Quote:
I think that Whitney really was Kevin's dream, his perfect woman, his one true love (according to the false statement that he did not release but thinks is sweet and thoughtful and did not deny, and which can also be inferred from his own statements and the way he acted when he was around her).
I absolutely agree. I keep thinking back to Whitney's "This is my life" 1992 TV special. I know the parts where Kevin's describing Whitney have been edited. But I would love to get the full context of the part where he states the "She's the One." Like even his body language when he said. Dude was blushing. Kevin was seriously enamored with Whitney.

Last edited by emeraldgemstone; 05-22-2012 at 06:08 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldgemstone (View Post)
The selfish and curious part of me wants it all. Now. But I hear ya. For now I'll just settle for the little tidbits Kevin be dropping here and there. However, in future interviews I wouldn't be surprised if he is even more guarded with his responses. He knows they're fishing. He's supposed to be promoting Hatfields/McCoys, but if I'm to assume that was the whole interview that's airing on TV, everything was about Whitney/TBG. Even more, it could be possible, that he is getting some of these major interviews/publicity for Hatfields on the condition that he discuss Whitney. There is renewed interest in Mr. Costner, so could be.
For those interviewers it shouldn't be a condition that he has to discuss Whitney that's not very nice, if he doesn't want to discuss her then he shouldn't that should be his choice no one else's. They should just leave him alone on Whitney he's still grieving & very hurt it's bad enough she's gone, but now he's got to talk about like no tomorrow because that's what those reporters want and that isn't right.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:08 PM
New Fan

Thank you all for the links to the various interviews. Very interesting and insightful posts, that I am reading, from all of you. Well, I watched the Leno interview. Kevin looked very nice! And agree with everyone regarding Jay, asking if it was okay to talk about Whitney. The AH interview was interesting. She just came out and asked him. I thought he answered her questions rather well. Each time, he shares something when he is talking about Whitney, it makes me want to watch TBG all over again, or watch some of their interviews.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:28 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaCallieShipper (View Post)
For those interviewers it shouldn't be a condition that he has to discuss Whitney that's not very nice, if he doesn't want to discuss her then he shouldn't that should be his choice no one else's. They should just leave him alone on Whitney he's still grieving & very hurt it's bad enough she's gone, but now he's got to talk about like no tomorrow because that's what those reporters want and that isn't right.
Ya it's unfortunate. But that's the way the biz is and PR works sometimes. There is almost always some kind of trade-off and everything regarding Whitney Houston is a hot topic right now. I'm pretty sure Kevin knows this (as his publicist would brief him beforehand) and he's been doing fine so far. Hence, the writing letters story.

ETA:

That Access Hollywood interviewer was slick though. She even tried to get Kevin to say something negative about the BK's future reality show endeavor. Despite every logical person knowing this reality show a disaster in waiting. Kevin put a positive spin on it. I loved his response. Classy.

Last edited by emeraldgemstone; 05-22-2012 at 06:36 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the video Bethanyr!

This made me LOL. These reporters are getting BOLD! They're digging. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. But soon Kev may put a ban on all Whitney related questions.
Yes, they ARE, Emerald! I can't believe she asked him that, even though I sorta knew this day would come. What did she expect him to say?

KC: You've got me, Ms. Moran. Case closed. I wanted Whitney so bad my hair hurt and I rue the day that angel, that queen said yes to that fool whose name we won't even mention.

I mean, really! They're starting to act like British reporters. (No offense to the British shippers.) I think you're right. Kevin will soon have to ban all questions about Whitney, because when reporters pick up on a scent, they turn into bloodhounds. Unearthing something precious and private about Whitney is not what I want to see happen. And I've noticed that he's a very tolerant interview subject. He doesn't flat-out say 'no, I'm not going to answer that.'

He handled it a lot smoother than Whitney would have. Imagine if she were still with us, and he delivered that tribute speech at an appreciation dinner, in a version that celebrated her accomplishments but not in a funeral setting.

WH: What do mean 'something more?' No. I did an acting job, and then the movie was over. It was, it was, you know an acting ... acting job. We were acting. Did you see there was no tongue? I told him that. And Kevin was very ... he was very kind ... and supportive and considerate. Very sweet. That's all. Nothing happened. Can we redo the question?

Ray: I TOLD you not to ask her that!!

His body language conflicted with his verbal answer, though. While she put the question out there, my mouth flew open, and he just stayed calm, with his hand over his forehead, shading his face. He looked like he was trying to suppress a smile. Did you see his mouth twitch slightly? (I wasn't gawking at the gorgeous lips, believe me.) I wonder if he was expecting that question, eventually, and smiling out of irony, or something.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ya it's unfortunate. But that's the way the biz is and PR works sometimes. There is almost always some kind of trade-off and everything regarding Whitney Houston is a hot topic right now. I'm pretty sure Kevin knows this (as his publicist would brief him beforehand) and he's been doing fine so far. Hence, the writing letters story.
Ah I get that, but still it feels very intrusive to me and I don't like it, but I have to tolerate it.

BTW Whitney's second song from the Sparkle Soundtrack His Eyes On The Sparrow you can hear it here at the link below. I think it's the whole song, but not 100% sure. Enjoy!

EXCLUSIVE: Praise 1300am Premere Whitney Houston "His Eye's Is On The Sparrow" | Praise 1300

Last edited by 80s90sIsTheBest; 05-22-2012 at 06:51 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

If something breaks it will NOT be from Kevin. It will be leaked by someone else. Who? don't know, but someone in need of money and out to prove their are not the villian.

Anyway, hope all is well.

Godsmacked

Will you be updating?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 PM
New Fan

I watched AH and apparently Julie Moran has known Kevin for a long time. Her husband is also an actor and he is in the Hatfield and the McCoys. Maybe that's why she asked him that question. I wonder what she has asked him off camera......

Next is Live With Kelly and then Anderson on Thursday.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

No one can explain the tarmac kiss better than Kevin, WOW!!!

Quote:
Thanks for the video Bethanyr!

This made me LOL. These reporters are getting BOLD! They're digging. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. But soon Kev may put a ban on all Whitney related questions.
Thanks for this video. I noticed that Kevin loves explaining the tarmac kiss and when he does he gets animated in a good way. I also noticed the boldness of the interviewer!! Wait until he has to deal with foreign journalists, they will be even bolder as they love to call the cat "cat" accross the Atlantic.

He was really gracious talking about Whiteny and BK in this interview and I am glad he is coming to terms with people always linking him and Whitney and like the interviewer said it is because the way they acted in the movie just looked so real as if they were not acting and were actual lovers.

He also acknowledges the "fate" part in TBG getting made as he said it is af if this movie written 15 years prior was waiting for both of them to be made which is why he insisted so much for Whitney to do it with him. He clearly saw at that time that God or a higher power was bringing them together to make history but it was not just supposed to be movie and music history but personal history as they were destined to collaborate not just in movies and music but in their personal lives by getting together and making beautiful babies but the devil twarted that last part of the divine plan. And that sucks, my friends..
Old 05-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi!

I started a story on the other thread and here is part 3. I think you will love the surpirse at the end.

Chapter 3

Rachel was holding unto Frank. She had told him in his ear that nothing happened with Portman; because as pissed as she was it was him she loved and wanted.

“I couldn’t do it Frank.”

She was still holding onto him, but slowly let go. Frank was smiling. His blue eyes locked on her brown ones.”

“Thank you, Rachel,” he said. She nodded her head slowly in acknowledgement. “I love you, too.”

She was relieved, but knew that he loved her when he nearly lay down his life to save hers, nevertheless, hearing it was very reassuring. She turned and looked at the jet waiting for her to return for take-off. She stepped back and looked at Frank, her face full of tears, she smiled and went back to the plane, within minutes Rachel was air borne.

Frank watched her walk to the plane and board, a piece of her would always be with him.

On the plane Rachel was very quiet. She stared out the window for most of the flight. The stewardess momentarily broke her thoughts by politely asking, “Can I get you anything? Perhaps, something to drink?” she smiled kindly. Her smile made Rachel want to cry, but her strong spirit kicked in.

“Yes, a scotch please.”

Rachel wasn’t really a drinker. But she had her first concert tonight and she had to pull it together. She leaned back in her seat, closed her eyes and his face was in front her hers.

+++++

Three Months Later

Rachel was due to sing at a Palladium, but electrical and plumbing problems delayed it by three days. She had been looking forward to it, but they could not have an electrical mishap and so she sucked it up.

She called Bill and the two talked and decided to go down and have a bite to eat.

It was quite in the hotel lobby which gave Rachel a sense of comfort. Her bodyguard joined them a few minutes later. He sat two tables away. Bill looked over and smiled. This guy was good as Farmer had promised, but Bill missed
Farmer. Convincing him to protect Rachel turned out to be the best thing he ever did. Tony had come down and so the other BG went back to check the floor and surrounding areas.

Bill and Rachel both had roast beef, mashed potatoes and green beans. Rachel finished first.

“So you were hungry?”

“Yeah, it seems I was,” she replied with her usual spunk. Bill smiled.

“Excuse me,” she said getting up.

Tony saw her move and watched her, he started to get up. She walked over to his table. “I’m sorry Tony,” she said sincerely he was half way through his meal.

“I’m just gonna run to the ladies room.,”

“Rach,” he started, throwing down his napkin to go with her. She put her hand up.

‘No Tony, really if something looks strange I’ll yell my head off,” she walked away before he could respond.

Rachel went out of the restaurant and into a long hall; she saw the sign and continued to the door, she went in carefully, listening for any other life form. Farmer, she thought I’m picking up your ways, she smiled. She missed him. It hit her, today for some reason she couldn’t stop thinking about him.

She did her business, washed her hands and looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a light waist length coat and a scarf over her head. She opened the door and walked out with her head down, looking at the hotel carpet. Nice pattern she thought. When she knew anything she hit something. She started to apologize, and then she wanted to get away before she was recognized. She didn’t mind it she loved it actually but she was enjoying her meditation at the moment if it could be called that.

“I’m sorry,” she started in apologizing. It was her fault she should have looked up but when she came out no one was there.

The figure was in front of her but saying nothing.

Finally, frustrated she moved back to walk around him but something made her look up. Standing in front of her was Frank Farmer!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread