Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for clearing that up. It did seem weird, indeed.

Someone posted these caps on another board:

Someone likes her screen very much. But who can blame her, really. He looks cute, even in pink.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco

Last edited by *Nora*; 07-06-2004 at 10:55 AM
Old 07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys!

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I sure did!

I love all the quotes and predictions everyone is posting....they are very positive and its hard even imagine Harry and Hermione not being together at the end of Harry Potter.

This whole Dan and Emma thing kinda reminds me of Great Expectations. I'm reading it for my honors English class and it just reminds me of the two. JK is kind of like the old woman in the story who keeps pushing Pip (the main character) towards the girl. The girl brushes him off but really fancies him. It reminded me of Great Expectations because someone mentioned JK telling Dan how to act out the scenes with Hermione/Emma...and the old lady in the book did too and if I'm not wrong after all the crap that the two characters went through in the book they ended up together. Just my thoughts

So how is everyone today? I just finished reading all the posts from pages 5 and 6. You are amazing when it comes to posting and I admire that about this thread!

Later!

Paula

I'd like to be in the field getting my hands dirty and actually touch my gun.- Michael Vartan

Vote John Mayer Board
Old 07-06-2004, 10:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Yay Nora! Thanks so much for those quotes! They're so freaking cute! And yes, i couldn't be more in love with those, er, 4. (H/Hr and D/E)

Quote:
No, he did not say this. Sorry. Despite how he may feel about Emma, Dan continues to insist that Ron and Hermione will end up together.
THEY'RE SO BLIND!!! *fumes*

Quote:
Isn't it remarkable how often Hermione literally replaces Harry's dates? First here in GoF, then in OotP - on VALENTINES DAY - when he was supposed to be with Cho. Hee.
Heeh! I never noticed that before! *giggles*
Old 07-06-2004, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Good lord, should we re-name the thread since it's now half H/Hr and half D/E? Do we have a name for D/E? Like...."siblings"?

The person posted more caps:

eta: I forgot who asked for this, but I found 4 little videos of D/E at the Press Conference (not the Japan one...):

D/E on the HP crew

Emma on fanmail

Emma on punching Malfoy

Dating, anyone?
- Kaley Cuoco

Last edited by *Nora*; 07-06-2004 at 11:25 AM
Old 07-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Nora*
Good lord, should we re-name the thread since it's now half H/Hr and half D/E? Do we have a name for D/E? Like...."siblings"?
That'd be an idea!!

"Siblings". *giggles*
Old 07-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Those caps are great! Thanks for sharing them, *Nora* - do you know if the person that made them would mind if I tried to make some avs with them?

That second one of Dan
Old 07-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

I think the person took them from a japanese website themselves.

WHOA! I was just surfing the net and I came across this german website with an interview of JKR, I'll translate the interesting part (I don't know if you've seen it yet):

Question: In book 6, will Harry fall in love with another girl? Or will he be too busy?

JKRowling: He will be busy, but what is life without a little romance?

*gets down on her knees and mumbles* Let it be Hermione, let it be Hermione, let it be Hermione....*

Ahem...sorry 'bout that. Another bit on which I almost fell off my chair laughing:

Question: What are Ron, Hermione and Ginny's middlenames?

JKRowling: Ginny's middlename is - of course - Molly. Hermione's is "Jane" and Ron's - poor guy - is "Bilius".

Must.breathe.
- Kaley Cuoco

Last edited by *Nora*; 07-06-2004 at 01:39 PM
Old 07-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Dan: (on Emma's broken wrist) I felt so bad! I still feel bad.. I can't believe I accidentally knocked her off the stairs, and she broke her wrist! I feel bad still.
hmmm... I've heard about this before but I haven't seen/read the actual interview where it was found. Does anyone know in what interview Dan said this?

So, if this is in fact a valid interview, it means that Emma really did break her wrist in CoS, and it's not just some rumour.

And also...
I wonder if Dan had a good "bedside manner"...
Do you guys reckon he insisted on staying by her side a la Hermione?

Quote:
A snippet from that interview:

Watson: I know that David, Rupert, Dan or Alfonso would never give themselves credit but someone has to say it... the people who put the film together worked so hard. All of these people deserve all the credit that you give them.

I wonder why they cut out all the stuff she said about Dan.
'Cos they're in denial of the D/E "thing"... *wink*

Quote:
Originally posted by dawnie@
If the whole "huging while buckbeak is being executed is a sign of love...it means their love is dead...no? they hug while the thing that represent love (buckbeak) is getting killed....

LMAO

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilpen
OMG, that is HUGE that Dan predicts Harry and Hermione are going to get together!
As much as I want to believe that Dan said that, I'm afraid it was just a typographycal error or "selective hearing" on the journalist's part coz s/he is a D/E shipper.

From various other sources (including TLC), Dan was quoted as saying:
These two (gesturing towards Emma and Rupert) are going to get together.

Danny Boy, wake up and smell the brewing romance. To quote the ever wise Homer Simpson: Doh!

Quote:
Originally posted by loquacity

McGonagall's a secret shipper.

I think she's been a shipper since Book 1:
Quote:
"I would never have believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up in the astronomy tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain
yourselves."

It was the first time Hermione had ever failed to answer a teacher's
question. She was staring at her slippers, as still as a statue.

"I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on," said Professor
McGonagall. "It doesn't take a genius to work it out...

*cough* don't you just love it when you can take things out of context? *cough*

tsk tsk tsk Mum and Dan have been sneaking up to the Astronomy Tower since first eyar eh?

No wonder they have 240+ crazy kids of the Broomcloset!
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 07-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

hahahaha sade you're so funny and awesome. although i do think that if harry and hermione get together, which i hope to the book gods that they do, that mcgonagell would think it was a good thing for harry. hermione keeps him grounded and when he starts going a little out of control, she brings him back down.

i love this couple so damn much!

too bad dan didn't say that...oh well. he's conforming to the view that everyone thinks and everyone can go on thinking that, but i won't! besides that's a reason as to why ron and hermione won't work, because everyone thinks it will. jkr never does anything obvious in her books, that's one reason why i love her so much.

on the humor debate, they all have different humor. ron has the kind of humor that a lot of comedians show in movies and on tv, it's funny but harry and hermione's humor makes me laugh a lot more. i love harry's sarcastic sense of humor. i have that kind of humor, like when he says "I wonder what it would be like to have a difficult life". hermione's humor is HILARIOUS too because she says something so out of the blue. like someone sig about the grim, i laugh so hard whenever i read it!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Loyal Fan

D/E "Couple of World"

@Nora: thanks....so much for all of those "cute" quote from D/E.

I love this one...
Dan: (on Emma's broken wrist) I felt so bad! I still feel bad.. I can't believe I accidentally knocked her off the stairs, and she broke her wrist! I feel bad still.
--
I agree...(Tracy) God Blessed Daniel..and his boyiest sense of humor!!.. and I want to see picture of that?..Dan Knocked her off stair...or video. hehhhe...

I like what Emma said about Dan: "he would climb the mount Everest" (is that right quote) "he would said he would do it again" hehhee...so funny.

thanks..for all of those Emma's pic from that J.P just look at how she look at Daniel on that Laptop. "THAT IS NOT SISTER KIND OF WAY LOOK AT YOUR BROTHER-KIND OF WAY"

D/E LOVE4EVER!!
Old 07-06-2004, 02:52 PM
Passionate Fan

*snicker*

I love coming to this thread and reading everyone else's POV and ideas I agree with you all, of course--if Harry and Hermione don't happen, I'm going to be very disappointed

I'm still trying to work out all of JKR's comments though...she says that Harry and Hermione are "very platonic friends," but she also says that we should have worked out who's going to end up together by now... Before book 5 Ron and Hermione would have been the "obvious" choice, but now that we have OotP you could go towards Harry and Hermione.

Now, I don't want to grab for straws here, but to look at JKR's "platonic" comment in another way...in Plato's view of love, platonic love was the sort of love that was based on the person's spirit, and was considered a sort of preamble to erotic love, which was mostly sexual. I don't know, I may be reaching (and problably am), but I thought it was interesting. It's most likely that she was just going for the common definition of platonic ("just friends"), but still...pretending is fun

Last edited by Gardenia; 07-06-2004 at 02:57 PM
Old 07-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Question: In book 6, will Harry fall in love with another girl? Or will he be too busy?
JKRowling: He will be busy, but what is life without a little romance?
*gets down on her knees and mumbles* Let it be Hermione, let it be Hermione, let it be Hermione....*
Ahem...sorry 'bout that. Another bit on which I almost fell off my chair laughing:

Question: What are Ron, Hermione and Ginny's middlenames?
JKRowling: Ginny's middlename is - of course - Molly. Hermione's is "Jane" and Ron's - poor guy - is "Bilius".
Yup! I've seen these already. Poor Ron... >.<" And d'you know Ginny's name's Givevra(or something like that) right? >.o" That was like a arrow shot through my heart. >.<"

Quote:
*cough* don't you just love it when you can take things out of context? *cough*
AW MAN!

Can't someone PLEASE enlighten me on why Beaky's referred as a love-bird? Ç.ç" I'm completely lost on that matter.. -_-" ok. not that completely, but a bit. -_-"
Old 07-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Muahahahaha! McGonagall is a shipper. Book 2, well, she goes straight and tells Harry he has to come with her. Doesn't get Ron until after she finds Harry. Book 5 she's glad he listens to Hermione, and Book 4, I know there was a moment in there somewhere.
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 07-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Fabulous quotes... yes, too bad Dan didn't say that about H/Hr... but perhaps we can persuade him! Or maybe Emma will do that for us...

JK is definitely very cryptic, but I think that's what I like about it...

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmmm... Holding hands under the table anyone?? I especially thought it when I watched the video... it's at least fun to pretend they are!!

Luke: Dear God, yes.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top