Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Call me behind the times, but where does Emma stand on who will end up together? I remember a comment from long ago about how kissing the boys wasn't in her contract But she was like, 11 at the time...anyone have a more recent quote?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

I like this picture of Emma signing autographs. And look at the little Harry there...hehe so cute.

http://www.emmawatson-fans.com/emma%...ma%20gfx/Emma%
Old 07-06-2004, 04:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Hatchkoff
Can't someone PLEASE enlighten me on why Beaky's referred as a love-bird? Ç.ç" I'm completely lost on that matter.. -_-" ok. not that completely, but a bit. -_-"
They say that in Greek mythology, the hippogriffs were symbols of love. So, whenever a man and a woman were alone in the presence of a hippogriff, that meant the two of them were going to fall in love (or were already in love).

Don't know if this mythology thing is true, though. I've read it on http://symbolic-flight.org.

And anyway, if that thing about love is true, it is a lot more true to H/Hr than to R/Hr. I mean... H/Hr flied together on Buckbeak... And in OotP, during the Christmas, Harry and Hermione were in Sirius' room, along with Buckbeak. I can't figure out those R/Hr shippers... But well, I'm not supposed to. ^^;

Last edited by Bloody Sakura; 07-06-2004 at 04:15 PM
Old 07-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Liv I believe that Buckbeak is referred to as a lovebird because of this:

Hippogriff
A legendary animal, half horse and half griffin. Its father was a griffin and its mother was a filly. It is often found in ancient Greek art and appeared largely in medieval legends. It is also a symbol of love.

But it seems Sakura beat me to it
There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly.

- Patrick Overton
Old 07-06-2004, 05:34 PM
Extreme Fan

AhHA!!! proof! Anywho, *shoves Gardenia off Cliff* Took Belle's spot! Have a nice trip and see ya next fall! *darts off singing Bohemian Rhapsody*
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gardenia

I'm still trying to work out all of JKR's comments though...she says that Harry and Hermione are "very platonic friends," but she also says that we should have worked out who's going to end up together by now... Before book 5 Ron and Hermione would have been the "obvious" choice, but now that we have OotP you could go towards Harry and Hermione.

Now, I don't want to grab for straws here, but to look at JKR's "platonic" comment in another way...in Plato's view of love, platonic love was the sort of love that was based on the person's spirit, and was considered a sort of preamble to erotic love, which was mostly sexual. I don't know, I may be reaching (and problably am), but I thought it was interesting. It's most likely that she was just going for the common definition of platonic ("just friends"), but still...pretending is fun
I found this in the dictionary
Platonic - a pure, spiritual affection, subsisting between persons of opposite sex, unmixed with carnal desires, and regarding the mind only and its excellences

Maybe JKR didn't go for the "just friends" meaning. JKR was an English teacher so she must have known that platonic can not only mean "just friends" but also the other definition (love based on a person's spirit). She could have said they are just friends but she used the word platonic. And based on what she said about the wording of the prophecy I bet she doesn't just throw a few extra words for no purpose.

I don't know if my post made sense , I was chatting with my cousin who is a 'kicker its like talking to the wall, why won't she listen
Old 07-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by stormy_seas
I recall reading one other review (from AICN, I believe) saying the same thing about Emma. She definitely has a feistiness about her, but also grace and an enchanting screen presence. A future powerhouse, she is. Emma rocks.
hmmmm... If I recall correctly, Harry Knowles of AICN (who I seriously believe is one of those older guys who has a "thing" for Emma Watson) compared her to
Grace Kelly.

Wow.

Emma is being compared to Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly.
Those are two of the most loved movie stars of all time.

[start grasping at straws and inserting D/Eness]

Do you know who Grace & Audrey have in common as a screen partner?

Cary Grant

Did you know that Ian Fleming (creator of James Bond) said that his inspiration for James Bond is Cary Grant?

And who does a lot of people say would make a great James Bond in the distant future?

Daniel Radcliffe.

[/end straw grabbing]

heheheh...

There I go again with my weird connections...

Oh, which reminds me, you know which actress I think has something in common with Emma?

Cameron Diaz!

It's all in the hoodie, man!

<----- champion straw grasper of weird connections

Oh, wait! There's another thing!

Let's not forget the rainbow belt

And the affections of a certain Dan Radcliffe...

Oh, and theyre are both such dolls!

*snicker*

professional straw-grabber,
~ Sade
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé

Last edited by * Marauder's Child *; 07-06-2004 at 05:54 PM
Old 07-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hollytiger
AhHA!!! proof! Anywho, *shoves Gardenia off Cliff* Took Belle's spot! Have a nice trip and see ya next fall! *darts off singing Bohemian Rhapsody*
Hey!! Why am I being shoved off a cliff to a splattery death?

Gabriela, thanks for the platonic definition thing...glad to know I wasn't grasping too far
Old 07-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Gabriela, thanks for the platonic definition thing...glad to know I wasn't grasping too far
Well I really believe Harry and Hermione will end up together theyare just perfect for each other, and anyway JKR wouldn't have bothered writting the whole Cho-is-jealous-of-Hermione thing for nothing
Old 07-06-2004, 06:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*Gabriela*~
Well I really believe Harry and Hermione will end up together theyare just perfect for each other, and anyway JKR wouldn't have bothered writting the whole Cho-is-jealous-of-Hermione thing for nothing
True story! These comments JKR is making about no one really guessing the final romantic pairings correctly though is irking my goat. I mean, is Harry going to end up with McGonagall for crying out loud?
Old 07-06-2004, 06:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gardenia
Hey!! Why am I being shoved off a cliff to a splattery death?

Well, Belle, an oldbie always used to be the top post of every pag and now we go and shove sibs off you take her spot. Don't worry, Johnny will save ya!

*sends Mr. Depp himself to save her*
sabrina and mark forever Auror #25 D/E Bathroom Snogger Shannon/Derek April Co-Shipper of the Month Icon credit goes to ME!
Old 07-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Sade-haha i the emma/cameron parallel... but i'm afraid it now has to be scarlett...doesn't dan like scarlett now?

Nora- thanks for the pictures and the videos!!!

Gardenia-
Quote:
I'm still trying to work out all of JKR's comments though...she says that Harry and Hermione are "very platonic friends," but she also says that we should have worked out who's going to end up together by now... Before book 5 Ron and Hermione would have been the "obvious" choice, but now that we have OotP you could go towards Harry and Hermione.

Now, I don't want to grab for straws here, but to look at JKR's "platonic" comment in another way...in Plato's view of love, platonic love was the sort of love that was based on the person's spirit, and was considered a sort of preamble to erotic love, which was mostly sexual. I don't know, I may be reaching (and problably am), but I thought it was interesting. It's most likely that she was just going for the common definition of platonic ("just friends"), but still...pretending is fun
Yeah, I sometimes can confused by JKR... but I'm pretty sure it's H/Hr... I'm look at OOTP... I'm going to go into HBP with no expectations... it was strange b/c I was expecting a R/Hr explosion in OOTP, but instead it was H/Hr... But remember JKR never goes for the obvious... I was stupid to believe that HBP was Tom or Harry... that would be the obvious choice! Yeah, I think JKR was playing with our minds concerning the definition of the word: platonic... yeah, and the "wink wink nudge nudge" part might not be R/Hr!! It is highly possible that it was H/C... I mean they went on a date... shows to tell you that one shouldn't always assume the obvious!

WOW!!! this thread is going by FAST!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Ooh, yay! Thanks excel (SOOOOO weird to call you this) and Carrie! ^_^ \o/ I thought it was something along those lines.. ^^"

Oh MY! Sadé! You're making me laugh reeeally loud at midnight! Thank goodness mom's not here!

Edit Was looking through some lyrics. Found this one.

The Wonder Of You - By teh_man. Elvis.

When no one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me love and consolation
You give me hope to carry on
And your always there to lend a hand
In everything I do
That's the wonder, the wonder for you

And when you smile the world is brighter
You touch my hand and I am king
Your kiss is worth a fortune
Your love to me is everything
I guess I'll never know the reason why
You love me as you do
Cos, that's the wonder, the wonder of you

When no one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong
You give me love and consolation
You give me hope to carry on
I guess I'll never know the reason why
You love me as you do
That's the wonder, the wonder of you

Last edited by Lady_Hatchkoff; 07-06-2004 at 08:27 PM
Old 07-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by hollytiger
Well, Belle, an oldbie always used to be the top post of every pag and now we go and shove sibs off you take her spot. Don't worry, Johnny will save ya!

*sends Mr. Depp himself to save her*
Saved by Johnny Depp? You can push me off a cliff any day if he comes to save me every time

Anyhoo, I'm starting to think that JKR just throws out red herrings to confuse people and piss them off, so I'm taking every statement of hers about couplings with a small grain of salt. Smart decision on her part, though--the books are, obviously, much better if you go in with no expectations and no prior knowledge of key plot points.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Carrie!! I LOVE your av!!! Can i marry it?

Again I must bow to you, Nora. You bring us all things good!

And, last...and least...i made this...be nice, its my first PS attempt...

*bites lip*

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top