Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)

Yes, but it's also possible that Klaus realizes she's the one thing that could bring back the old Stefan. Then again, Joseph said that Klaus major flaw is that he's overconfident--I could see him brushing off the notion of the power of love being more powerful than the bloodlust.
The thing with sociopaths is that they think everyone are just as rottten as they are, deep down.

Klaus would probably like to think that nobody can 'undo' the work he has done on Stefan, much less an human girl.

I wonder if K laus does see himself in Stefan though... especially in concern to the story with original dopple.

Klaus loved once, but then he claimed to be past that. From his point of view, it's probably pretty plausible that he is able to bring Stefan past that too.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySamuelle (View Post)
The thing with sociopaths is that they think everyone are just as rottten as they are, deep down.

Klaus would probably like to think that nobody can 'undo' the work he has done on Stefan, much less an human girl.

I wonder if K laus does see himself in Stefan though... especially in concern to the story with original dopple.

Klaus loved once, but then he claimed to be past that. From his point of view, it's probably pretty plausible that he is able to bring Stefan past that too.
I know, I just--I want Elena to hurt him. I know it's impossible for her to do that physically, so I hope during Elena's relentless pursuit of Stefan she manages to interfere with Klaus' plans enough that he actually looses something important to him. I want there to be a moment where Klaus realizes he should not have underestimated the 'human girl'.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:13 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I know, I just--I want Elena to hurt him. I know it's impossible for her to do that physically, so I hope during Elena's relentless pursuit of Stefan she manages to interfere with Klaus' plans enough that he actually looses something important to him. I want there to be a moment where Klaus realizes he should not have underestimated the 'human girl'.
I think in the end, his downfall will be to have understimated the connections.

Between Stefan and Elena, Stefan and Damon, Stefan and Bonnie/Caroline.

Stefan humanity is in his relationship to those people he has helped and bonded with, those people Klaus wants him to betray and forget.

Klaus can be able to turn Stefan against Damon, to make him doubt of Elena's love...but he will never be able to eradicate Stefan's love for both of them.

Elena will always be a powerful influence on Stefan and Stefan will always fight to keep her safe and happy, like Elena will do the same for him.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."
Old 09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes, but it's also possible that Klaus realizes she's the one thing that could bring back the old Stefan. Then again, Joseph said that Klaus major flaw is that he's overconfident--I could see him brushing off the notion of the power of love being more powerful than the bloodlust.
I tell you (sigh) that's the universal downfall of villains.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I tell you (sigh) that's the universal downfall of villains.
And I'm kind of hoping they develop him a bit more than that--I really hope he's more three dimensional than just a world-domination mushtache-twirling megalomaniac and there's a personal reason he's doing all this for other than just because he likes being evil.

The whole making him a regular thing worries me, because that's usually a precurser to either trying to 'reform' the bad guy, or defanging him by introducing an even worse bad guy who can run circles around him.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And I'm kind of hoping they develop him a bit more than that--I really hope he's more three dimensional than just a world-domination mushtache-twirling megalomaniac and there's a personal reason he's doing all this for other than just because he likes being evil.

The whole making him a regular thing worries me, because that's usually a precurser to either trying to 'reform' the bad guy, or defanging him by introducing an even worse bad guy who can run circles around him.
If they even go the 'world domination' route, i will probably fall off my seat laughing... it's just a let down.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that is what Klaus partly wants, but I do think it's runs deeper than that.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

I'm posting this because I know there are some Alaric fans here like me and it saves you the pain of having to visit the main spoiler thread.

New video interview with Matt Davis about Alaric here: Matt Davis Talks About Alaric’s New Role In Season 3 (VIDEO) | Vampire-Diaries.net | A Fansite for the Vampire Diaries

Summary:

"He's in the process of recovering from that [Jenna's death]. He's in the process now of having to take care of the kids, sort of more of a guardian, so he's in the house, sleeping on the couch, making sure they get out of bed in the mornings and get to school on time. You don't see him as much hung up on Jenna so much as seeing him try to put his life back together.

[About taking on the father role]...He doesn't feel like he's much of a role model to the kids despite the fact that he's a teacher because he's got his drinking problems and his emotional problems and he wrestles with that in the first episode but then he comes back around and realises that he loves the kids [insert a big "Awww" here ]; he's gotta do what's right and take care of them.

[On Damon and Elena]... He does have a say in that, in fact, he begins to become very protective of Elena and feels that Damon might start crossing lines that Alaric needs to start enforcing so it begins to create some conflict between Alaric and Damon for sure.

We're shooting episode six now... we'll have a big mystery guest coming in episode six."
Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Go Alaric! Really like how it sounds like he's going to lecture Damon on not taking advantage of Elena's fragile emotional state.

Big mystery guest, huh? Maybe we'll finally get to meet one of the other Originals?

Or, more likely, that's when Jack Coleman's character is introduced. We haven't heard a thing about him since the casting announcement.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

yeah it should be originals or maybe vampire hunter?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I'm really loving some of the Alaric spoilers. I love what Matt has to say about Alaric's feeling for the kids and how he's being protective of Elena.

I read someome thinking it might be a character from the book called Meredith. She was his love interest from the book from what I understand.

Thank you for posting that!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for bringing it over, Beth!

I love Alaric.

Btw, that reporter is obsessed with DE "getting closer"! I bet she asked every single cast member about it. lol

'I will always find you.'
Old 09-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Yeah I'm really loving some of the Alaric spoilers. I love what Matt has to say about Alaric's feeling for the kids and how he's being protective of Elena.

I read someome thinking it might be a character from the book called Meredith. She was his love interest from the book from what I understand.

Thank you for posting that!
If they brought Meredith in as a love interest for Alaric, I'd hope they age her up a bit. In the books she's in the same age group as Elena, and that would be awkward with the whole 'surrogate parent' thing he's aiming for.

The phrasing kind of hints that, whoever it is, might be played by a well-known actor. Anyone have any ideas who it could be if it does end up being Meredith?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

i guess meredith was a vampire hunter if we will see that it will be great
Old 09-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

Ok, this isn't really a spoiler, but there're some reporters who are on set today to interview the cast members, and I was checking their Twitter accounts and one of them said that Joseph isn't on set and is still in LA.
On the other hand, Paul, Nina, Ian, Kat and co. are all in the studios and since the sets that are in the studios are MF's sets, I was kind of thinking that Stefan could be back in MF in episode 6.

We know that something big happens in episode 5 and I just can't help but think that's when they manage to get Stefan from Klaus.

I know the tweets aren't any proof, but if Joseph is still in LA, that means that he's probably gonna some pretty light screentime in episode 6, and Stefan may not be with him anymore since Paul was filming scenes in the studios today.

'I will always find you.'
Closed Thread   Post New Thread