Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Joseph Morgan looks so sexy in that promo picture. :dool:
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 09-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

I don't know how worthy this is, but here's the latest Kristen from E! "spoilers!"

Quote:
Ohemgeeitscoley: anything for Damon and Elena on #tvd?
Want the good news, all you Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Elena (Nina Dobrev) lovers? They are totally hooking up! But the bad news is...I'm a very bad person for leading you on because they are hooking up in a strictly detective-like fashion to try to find Stefan (Paul Wesley). Wah-wah. Sad clown. From what I hear, the dealio is there won't be any hot and heavy romance stuff in the first part of the season. But guess what? It doesn't look like Stefan even wants to be found, and that may change things. I hear Stefan will be gone for something like the first half of the season…ish.
Source

Stefan gone for the first half of the season? Does she mean that he won't be himself for the first part of the season or that he won't even set foot in MF?

I'm not sure she really knows what she's talking about though. lol

'I will always find you.'
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

After putting this through the Kristen filter, this is what I got from this:

-No romance for first half of the season
-Stefan gone for the first half of the season...ish

Makes sense to me.

She also sounds kinda bitter that things aren't going the way she wants them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess890 (View Post)
Stefan gone for the first half of the season? Does she mean that he won't be himself for the first part of the season or that he won't even set foot in MF?

I'm not sure she really knows what she's talking about though. lol
Like I've said before, it's not very feasible in the context of the show for him not to have any interaction with the rest of the cast for the that big of a length of time. If for some reason Stefan is gone from Mystic Falls that long, I would expect that to mean at least half the cast would also be gone from Mystic Falls as well. Episode 6 has them back in class, so unless Bonnie and Elena decide to just to drop out of school, it's not happening.

And yes, Kristen has always given her own personal slant to her so-called 'spoilers'. Remember 'The Last Dance', anyone?

Last edited by LeeryAndPotter; 09-12-2011 at 08:28 PM
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

I just love seeing how biased Kristen is. It honestly makes me laugh.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

She does seem bitter and yeah, she's so freaking biased.

I just like how she is like "nothing is happening in the first half of the season but wait until the second part."

I am really starting to wonder what kind of relationship she may have with Kevin and/or Julie to be so sure of what's gonna happen in the second part of the season when they just finished filming episode 5.

Also, if DE don't "hook up" during the first part of the season when Stefan is away, I really don't see Elena getting with Damon when she FINALLY gets Stefan back, the guy that "makes her happy."

Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Also, if DE don't "hook up" during the first part of the season when Stefan is away, I really don't see Elena getting with Damon when she FINALLY gets Stefan back, the guy that "makes her happy."
Exactly. That's the part that gets me scratching my head--it's one thing for them to believe something's going to happen while Stefan's gone and Elena starts loosing faith, but thinking something happens once Stefan is back home and himself again--that's rediculous.

Elena isn't going to fall out of love with him, so they should stop assuming she will.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeryAndPotter (View Post)
After putting this through the Kristen filter, this is what I got from this:

-No romance for first half of the season
-Stefan gone for the first half of the season...ish

Makes sense to me.

She also sounds kinda bitter that things aren't going the way she wants them to.

Like I've said before, it's not very feasible in the context of the show for him not to have any interaction with the rest of the cast for the that big of a length of time. If for some reason Stefan is gone from Mystic Falls that long, I would expect that to mean at least half the cast would also be gone from Mystic Falls as well. Episode 6 has them back in class, so unless Bonnie and Elena decide to just to drop out of school, it's not happening.

And yes, Kristen has always given her own personal slant to her so-called 'spoilers'. Remember 'The Last Dance', anyone?
What did she say about that episode?

Old 09-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
What did she say about that episode?
Well, I recall she said something to the effect that D/E fans would be really happy with the D/E dance it that episode, and that there were sparks flying, etc... As it turns out, the dance between them was completely casual and it was the Damon/BONNIE dance that ended up stealing the show.

I remember how everyone was dreading that episode because they thought it would be a D/E-fest, and the only real bad things that happened were Damon's threatening speeches to Stefan and Elena at the end of the ep.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Total Fan

I meant what did Kristen say about "The Last Dance"?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I meant what did Kristen say about "The Last Dance"?
Yeah--I realized that immediately after I posted my response. Sorry, it's late.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. That's the part that gets me scratching my head--it's one thing for them to believe something's going to happen while Stefan's gone and Elena starts loosing faith, but thinking something happens once Stefan is back home and himself again--that's rediculous.

Elena isn't going to fall out of love with him, so they should stop assuming she will.
I just don't understand where they get that idea from. I mean they think that once Stefan is gonna be back, Elena will realize she doesn't love him anymore, and since she had such a great time with his brother while he was away, she'll decide that she owes it to herself to see if it could work with Damon? Is this seriously what they believe is gonna happen?

First of all, Julie did say that SE relationship would be very different for "a good part of the season" meaning that at some point it will not be different anymore and they'll have the same kind of relation they had before.

Second of all, I think that Kevin made it clear (I'm quoting him) that romantic feelings for both brothers would NOT be okay and that she'd always love Stefan. So is Elena supposed to dump the guy she loves and spent half a season trying to save to get with his brother, this guy who can be nice sometimes and who she likes and cares about but who she doesn't love, just to see what could happen there? I don't think so.

And, finally, if Stefan is losing faith completely in episode 3 because he thinks he may have lost Elena and if towards the end of the first part of the season he gains that faith back thanks to Elena's love, do they really think that they'd take Elena from him again when he'd have just started to be himself again? Wouldn't it just bring him back to being a ripper again? And, what would have been the point of Stefan's journey in the first part of the season?

I'm sorry for this long post but I needed to get it out.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I just don't understand where they get that idea from. I mean they think that once Stefan is gonna be back, Elena will realize she doesn't love him anymore, and since she had such a great time with his brother while he was away, she'll decide that she owes it to herself to see if it could work with Damon? Is this seriously what they believe is gonna happen?

First of all, Julie did say that SE relationship would be very different for "a good part of the season" meaning that at some point it will not be different anymore and they'll have the same kind of relation they had before.

Second of all, I think that Kevin made it clear (I'm quoting him) that romantic feelings for both brothers would NOT be okay and that she'd always love Stefan. So is Elena supposed to dump the guy she loves and spent half a season trying to save to get with his brother, this guy who can be nice sometimes and who she likes and cares about but who she doesn't love, just to see what could happen there? I don't think so.

And, finally, if Stefan is losing faith completely in episode 3 because he thinks he may have lost Elena and if towards the end of the first part of the season he gains that faith back thanks to Elena's love, do they really think that they'd take Elena from him again when he'd have just started to be himself again? Wouldn't it just bring him back to being a ripper again? And, what would have been the point of Stefan's journey in the first part of the season?

I'm sorry for this long post but I needed to get it out.
Oh, by all means--go ahead.

I'm not as confident as you are, because I do think the writers may throw them some kind of bone in the duration--only for Elena to decide that she loves Stefan more. Because, let's face it, everything we've seen on the show thus far tells us she loves Stefan more than anything. Bear in mind I hope this doesn't happen, but I think that's the best they could hope for.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but part of me wonders if we'll get a short-term hookup between Damon and Bex if she isn't killed off during the first half of the season. After all, Damon has the tendancy of going after his brother's girls, and both of them want people who don't want them back.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, by all means--go ahead.

I'm not as confident as you are, because I do think the writers may throw them some kind of bone in the duration--only for Elena to decide that she loves Stefan more. Because, let's face it, everything we've seen on the show thus far tells us she loves Stefan more than anything. Bear in mind I hope this doesn't happen, but I think that's the best they could hope for.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this, but part of me wonders if we'll get a short-term hookup between Damon and Bex if she isn't killed off during the first half of the season. After all, Damon has the tendancy of going after his brother's girls, and both of them want people who don't want them back.
What do you mean by "I do think the writers may throw them some kind of bone in the duration"? Do you think they could get together later in the show?

As for Damon going after Bex, I wouldn't even be surprised. That SL would bore me to death though as I'm pretty confident Bex isn't gonna be one of favorite characters. lol

Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
What do you mean by "I do think the writers may throw them some kind of bone in the duration"? Do you think they could get together later in the show?
Oh no--nothing like that. I think Kevin pretty much confirmed that wouldn't be happening when he said it wasn't right for Elena to be with both of them like Katherine was. It'll never happen, no matter how hard D/E fans clap their hands together.

I mean, at the very end of the storyline, make Elena give him a speech that she does have feelings for him, but loves Stefan more. Like I said, I would hate this, but I could see them doing it to 'soften the blow' for Damon's fans.

About Bex, I'm almost positive she's going to sink her teeth--figuratively speaking--into one of the guys on the show. I'd kinda prefer it to be Damon, since the alternative would probably be poor Matt(as part of her Caroline vendetta).
Old 09-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh no--nothing like that. I think Kevin pretty much confirmed that wouldn't be happening when he said it wasn't right for Elena to be with both of them like Katherine was. It'll never happen, no matter how hard D/E fans clap their hands together.

I mean, at the very end of the storyline, make Elena give him a speech that she does have feelings for him, but loves Stefan more. Like I said, I would hate this, but I could see them doing it to 'soften the blow' for Damon's fans.

About Bex, I'm almost positive she's going to sink her teeth--figuratively speaking--into one of the guys on the show. I'd kinda prefer it to be Damon, since the alternative would probably be poor Matt(as part of her Caroline vendetta).
Oh, I feel better. For a second I thought you may have changed your mind about DE not getting together, and Beth and I have been the only ones left to believe so.

Anyway, about Elena's feelings. I'm not sure. I mean Nina has said many time that Elena does care and love Damon but isn't in love with him and Kevin also said that romantic feelings aren't okay. I think that if Elena were to tell Damon that she does have feelings for him but loves Stefan more, it'd kind of imply that she has 'romantic' feelings for him and I really don't think that Kevin wants us to think that she loves them both in a romantic way (even though she would love one more than the other.)

I think that the whole point of season 3 is to define their relationship, and if she truly doesn't love him that way I don't think it'd be fair to her character or to Damon's to say that she has feelings for him. I think that the goal of season 3 is to make Elena realize that she does love him as a very close friend and that he's important to her, but mixed feelings, I don't think so, and I don't see her lying to him.

I think that what Kevin wants to tell is that there're different kinds of love and that Elena has a friendship-brother/sister love for Damon.

Plus, I think season 3 is gonna close a big chapter of the triangle and it wouldn't be the case if she said something like that. I could be wrong but I really don't think that's gonna happen.

Also, maybe I'm totally imagining things, but did you guys see that tweet from Ian where he said "Friendship is the best ship. Enjoy the show."? Don't you think that he was responding to the multiple fans who keep harassing him about DE?

Last edited by jess890; 09-12-2011 at 09:58 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread