Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2015, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

They really are though and they bond people together for life (when we band together and bitch over common people).

Yup we have one season all year round: summer. I really couldn't stomach winter though autumn and spring seem so lovely in comparison to rain/sun all the time.

Is is a trenchcoat?? Ugh my love for trenchcoats is kind of insane (I actually bought one for work since it's air conditioned and I actually won't wilt from the heat if I wear it indoors)

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi

and um... bye

But I'll be back again later.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not, it's actually a big, unshapely grey coat I love trench coats but they rarely fit properly because the belts never hit my waste because I'm tall

This one is soooo cozy though. Here's the link:

Lucca Couture Long Knit Bomber Jacket - Urban Outfitters

And then I just got a notification my shoes shipped, I need to STOP SHOPPING

But when fall is coming it's inevitable! I still need to find some nice black ankle boots, then I should be ok I'm all stocked up on scarves and coats now. I have WAY too much coats, Sarah I have two parkas, one leather coat, the one above, one black sweater coat, two long wool coats, a pink parka from ASOS, a blue coat my friend says looks like a garbage bag, a short grey pea coat, black trench coat, another leather coat in my locker, I mean what else this is ridiculous

Sorry I love talking about shopping and clothes

ETA see you later, BoneLady ( it feels funny calling you that )

Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Lisa, I must say I'm amused by any complaints from a tall person regarding being tall. Just yesterday I was amusing my tall friends with an anecdote of my need to stand on a chair in order to reach high enough to update the maintenance board at work. I'm currently wearing pajama pants that go well passed my feet. I pull the waist up practically to my boobs and the bottoms still easily cover my toes. Such different hardships we endure.

It's a good thing I don't have such a love of coats since I live in Phoenix. I do however love sweaters. I miss those since moving to this oven.

Just now I was almost outsmarted by the packaging for my lip balm. But I endured and secured the victory!
Old 09-10-2015, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a looot of coats.
But id I got everything I see and like... I would have much too much stuff, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
ETA see you later, BoneLady ( it feels funny calling you that )
Because of the name BoneLady, or because it's my username and not my real name?

You can call me Claudia, though.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Clauda feels more normal, thanks

Kenni we always want what we can't have! I wish I was like, 5'6". To me that's perfect. It could be way worse for me, but I already feel like a big buffoon whenever I wear heels

Pluses do include reaching high for various objects, being able to see better at concerts, and um....better weight distribution when I eat too much?!

Negatives include being taller than 90% of the people around you, being told you're tall everyday, having pants often be too short for you (and shirts) and I'm too lazy to think of anything else. I have an incredible wingspan though, my wingspan is like, longer than the height of at least two of my friends.

Happy Thursday

TIFF is starting today, there are celebrities everywhere Haven't seen any yet, though.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome.
But next time add an I, will ya.

What's TIFF?
Old 09-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

omg I didn't even notice that, sorry Sometimes I type faster than my brain works.

TIFF is the Toronto International Film Festival, it's really big now so a ton of celebs come. I work beside a fancy hotel and there are always swarms of people outside during this time And across the street is one of the main venues, so I'm surrounded by news cameras and stuff right now, it's pretty fun!

Old 09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Lisa, the height thing really amuses me. Because I'm not THAT short (I'm 5'4"), but I tend to have tall friends (like 5'10" plus). So the tall friends get a kick out of giving me a hard time. And I suppose there are pros and cons to both. At the moment though I'm having difficulty finding a pro to being short. I suppose it's easier to hem pants rather than add length. And it's easier to find a guy taller than me. My best friend in college was 6'0" and often told me I'm not allowed to date or marry a man taller than her because then I'd be taking out one of her options. The guy I've been talking to is 6'3" but she told me she doesn't care anymore.

TIFF sounds fun! I'm bracing myself for all the name dropping.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
omg I didn't even notice that, sorry Sometimes I type faster than my brain works.
Oh yeah, I knwo how that works.
Just yesterday I ended up with a merged word. I was still typing one word while already thiking of the next and then it was first half of one word, second half of the other.

Quote:
TIFF is the Toronto International Film Festival, it's really big now so a ton of celebs come. I work beside a fancy hotel and there are always swarms of people outside during this time And across the street is one of the main venues, so I'm surrounded by news cameras and stuff right now, it's pretty fun!
Wow.
And if you're lucky you even see some people.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I
This one is soooo cozy though. Here's the link:

Lucca Couture Long Knit Bomber Jacket - Urban Outfitters

And then I just got a notification my shoes shipped, I need to STOP SHOPPING

But when fall is coming it's inevitable! I still need to find some nice black ankle boots, then I should be ok I'm all stocked up on scarves and coats now. I have WAY too much coats, Sarah I have two parkas, one leather coat, the one above, one black sweater coat, two long wool coats, a pink parka from ASOS, a blue coat my friend says looks like a garbage bag, a short grey pea coat, black trench coat, another leather coat in my locker, I mean what else this is ridiculous
Oh that is CUTE. You totally need to get it.

Wow that's a lot of coats and associated clothing. I have like two winter coats, a scarf and a bazillion gloves (because I see so many cute ones when I'm holidaying in winter in Europe and buy tons of them , even fleece ones which is madness because I hardly ever get to use those).

Kenni, OMG you're just slightly taller than me. I'm about 5'3 ish. It's considered average by Asian standards though I know if I'm ever in America, I'll look like a teeny tiny person.

Hi Claudia ... I have to agree with Lisa that it feels a bit strange calling you by your username. Like people calling me by mine too.

Quote:
TIFF sounds fun! I'm bracing myself for all the name dropping.
LOL same here.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope I can provide you with some solid name-dropping

Ugh I'm 5'10" it's like the worst height! I'm glad I'm not over 6' though...I'd barf. That's just too tall.

Sarah and Kenni you're still taller than my friend Aubrey who posts here sometimes...she's like 5'0". We look great when walking around together

Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm envious of that height though Lisa. You could be a model if you wanted to, just saying. Though what is the average height where you are? 5'8?

OMG Aubrey is so teeny. She must have a hard time finding clothes.

I just got back from Maze Runner: Scorch Trials and it was pretty kickass. My country sucks in many areas but I have to appreciate that we get a lot of movies even before it airs in the U.S. Best part is that is was completely free because it was a work event thingy. Anyone planning to watch that BTW?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 09-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lisa, you could also play paparazzi.

Sounds like you have a glove addiction, Sarah.

And yeah it IS weird, if you can only call people by their usernames.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I probably do, have to admit it. I think I bought like 5/6 pairs in the last 4 years?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won