Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Off Topic #5: The scorching summer is almost over. Hooray! Bring on Fall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
Ugh people like that are the WORST, Amy.
It's just so damn rude. The hard part for me is that I've always had my own washer/dryer but they're kind of a rare thing to have in your apartment here in NYC. I'm lucky b/c I have laundry on the floor of my building so I don't have to go far but when I make 5 trips to the other end of the hall and the same sht is still in there an hour later, I get really pissed. I've been thinking about asking management to put a sign up in all of the laundry rooms kind of like the subways have here about being courteous. I doubt it would work but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
I was at my parent's trailer all weekend, it's in the middle of a giant forest and kind of scary at night. Super hot in the daytime.
Yeah, the wilderness scares me sometimes. It's like I'm always expecting Jason to pop up from behind a tree with a machete or something. Is it near a lake or a river Lisa so you can at least go swimming when it's super hot like it has been this summer?

Josie, I still think you should take a day off to go apply to some places if you have a vacation day that you can use. With how much you're disliking your job, it sounds like you really need a change.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 08-03-2015, 11:08 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT!

And to an earlier question Amy, there probably are some lakes around here...somewhere. I'm not really an outdoorsy person. But even so, lakes just can't compare to the ocean. At least for me.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope this works, because it's awesome:

Amy there's no lake or river, just a bog somewhere I forget. I was brave enough to walk outside in the night and shine my dad's crazy strong flashlight into the trees, then I got the heeby jeebies and went back inside

Old 08-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

^ That's awesome! And you know what makes it even more awesome? The fin on his back.

Lisa, I don't know what it is about the woods at night that just spooks me. I guess maybe it's also all of the animals that are usually hunting for food at night that I'm the most scared of. Did you just go outside of the trailer and shine the flashlight or did you go for a little walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
And to an earlier question Amy, there probably are some lakes around here...somewhere. I'm not really an outdoorsy person. But even so, lakes just can't compare to the ocean. At least for me.
I understand. I felt too landlocked in north TX even though I wasn't really any further from the coast in Dallas than I had been growing up in Atlanta. In Atlanta I could go to the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean by driving so maybe it was the options. I grew up going boating on a lake all the time and it was so much fun but nothing compares to the ocean.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amy I really WANT to go for a walk, because I love scary stuff...but I seriously can't force my legs to go farther than the little steps outside. I know there's stuff in the woods, and I've seen the Blair Witch project, and I have an extremely overactive imagination so it's just a terrible combo.

I took a creepy photo of my dad once, I managed to venture to the middle of the clearing when it was almost totally dark out, then I told him to sit in a plastic chair about 30 feet away and face the other way. I took a picture of him like that from a distance and it's just SO CREEPY UGH

I should go find it tbh

Old 08-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

The Blair Witch Project scared the bejeezus out of me back in the day. I've always been fascinated by hauntings and things like that but most of those kinds of movies never scared me until the Blair Witch Project. It was all of the stuff that you couldn't see that freaked me out. And don't even get me started on when that one guy was standing in the corner of the basement.

What made you want to take a creepy ass picture of your dad like that? Or was it not supposed to be creepy but totally turned out that way?
Old 08-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That guy standing facing the corner in the basement, still haunts me to this day It was so disturbing

I don't even know, Amy. In real life I'm really weird and have these random ideas that are very spur-of-the-moment, so I guess that creepy photo was one of them (let me find it later so I can shut up about it). I mean yesterday I was at the Jays game and I decided to run across the Skydome to this big area of empty chairs, and stand in the middle and wave at my friends from a great distance. I did it twice. What kind of grown ass woman does that? Then I got in trouble for going back to my seat while someone was batting.

Anyway, does anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend?!

Old 08-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Your story about the Jays game. Did they take a picture of you to capture the moment?

I didn't really have any plans this weekend other than relaxing but then last night I ended up going out with some friends to the East Village. It was a lot of fun and I went to some bars I'd never been to but at around midnight I started feeling not so great but I wasn't drunk. I got an Uber back to my apartment and I was in my apartment for maybe 5 minutes when I realized I was going to get sick. And there went my $50 dinner... I haven't felt right today either and I don't think it's a hangover. I had a fruity drink at one bar and I always stick to beer and I think it's what made me sick. I've barely been able to eat today. Although when I finally did feel like eating, I had to make a special trip to Union Square so I could have Taco Bell.

How's your weekend going?
Old 08-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah crap, that's no good! Do you feel better now??

Yeah there's one blurry picture of me It's on my friend's phone though, I'll ask him for it later and show you

Yesterday I went over to my friend's condo to swim in his pool, it was weird and kind of chilly outside, but the pool was warm! We were drinking beers for like, two hours and only after two hours did the security guard finally tell us we weren't allowed We were like ok, we were done anyway.

Old 08-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm back in my room. Only think is it's a total mess. I have no shelves to put my things on so I have all the boxes piled up. It looks like hoarders in here.

Quote:
Josie, I still think you should take a day off to go apply to some places if you have a vacation day that you can use. With how much you're disliking your job, it sounds like you really need a change.
I would, but thing right now are very tense. It's just hard right now. I've got all the new workers in the office, and they aren't fully trained to be by themselves. And when the boss isn't there it's basically like I'm abandoning them. I just want a change, but it seems like nothing is really getting done. She hired another new employee today. I'll probably have to train that one to.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 08-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey at least you're back in there, though! Now it's just time to tidy up

I worked from home today, and never left the house yesterday...I don't want to leave the house now tomorrow I'm used to being a hermit!

Old 08-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

^I have times like that, Lisa. Sometimes it's nice to not do a damn thing. It sounds like the pool was fun. At least the security guard let you guys drink for a couple of hours.

Josie, glad to hear you're back in your room despite it looking like you're a hoarder.

With your job, Josie, one thing that I've learned is that you have to take care of yourself first b/c at the end of the day, nobody else is going to. Don't let them take advantage of you.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Josie, I had how it's so easy to get trapped into things like that too. And you're a responsible person and not the type to just be like "peace out, deal with it bros!!" Unlike a bunch of people here

You guys I've had my most successful post on Tumblr yesterday So far it's at 90+ notes and counting. For me that's high, nowhere like yours though Amy

Old 08-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Lisa, at first I thought when you said "a bunch of people here" you were talking about this board and I was like "Hey!" but then I realized that you were talking about your place of employment. At least I think you are...

Lisa, that's awesome. What's your post about? I may have reblogged the Mockingjay Pt 2 logo explosion from you when I went on your tumblr. You have me curious how many notes mine has now. I haven't checked it in a couple of months. Your tumblr is really pretty, btw.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh no, I definitely meant people at work

And this happened on my Years & Years tumblr...they were two really successful posts, I feel special for 5 minutes

My other tumblr (thank you btw) has gotten at most like, 30 notes on one picture . But I don't care, I like just looking back at the pictures for myself on that one, because they are pretty!