Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Where is Kenni??

Old 08-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm here! Life has just been a bit crazy lately. We had family in town last week. I started a new job last week. Then I've had a bit of drama with a couple of guys I met online. On top of all this I've been dealing with insomnia. For the past week I've been averaging about 3-4 hours a night. I'm exhausted. Last night was the worst - only two hours. Of course, I foolishly was up till 1 on the phone with one of the guys. Then was up another 30 minutes chatting with a friend on Facebook about said guy. Going to bed at 2 wouldn't have been so bad if I'd slept till my alarm went off at 7, but no, my body decided to wake up at 4 and refused to go back to sleep. My new supervisor recommended taking melatonin. So I picked some up at Walgreens on my way to work this morning and am going to try it tonight.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I take melatonin and it works some times. You can't force the sleep though. You need to take it at least 2 hours before you want to go to sleep, and then relax. I usually sleep all through the night, and if I have to get up for any reason, I'm groggy, and my body feels heavy. You would be able to wake up though. That's what I was worried about. If there's a fire, I don't want to see through it. I hope it works for you. It's good to take Vit D pills in the morning when you use those pills. It'll help perk you up, and give you a little energy.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

omg...I'm so tired I thought this was the 300 word story thread, and started copying and pasting what Josie wrote above. I was like "why would we start a 300 word story like this??"

Kenni sounds like a crazy time! Hopefully you can get a better sleep pattern going.

Stupid guys taking up so much time, too (but it's fun, right?)

Old 08-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Well I just took a melatonin, we'll see what happens.

Stupid guy is fun, but also frustrating. The insomnia began the night he severely pissed me off. And yet I still gave him my number. Really not sure what I was thinking. He's not pissing me off so much anymore. Thankfully.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And what about the other guy? Is he less stupid than stupid guy?

Did the melatonin work??

Old 08-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Other guy is even more stupid. And I'm done with him. He was boring and clingy then he postponed our date twice. So I finally said to forget it. Stupid guy is becoming less stupid. He's learning.

The melatonin mostly worked. I got a solid 6 hours last night. I would have preferred 8 or more but still won't complain about 6 cause that's so much better than what I'd been getting.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

6 is good That's what I average every night (and it's not enough). Last night my AC unit kept making these lovely BANG noises every 30 seconds, which was really great.

Glad you sacked other stupid guy, he sounds very stupid.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dating has been completely off the table for me. I just haven't found anyone that I could really see myself being with. There have been few guys over the last couple years, but I've been so busy with work, and I find that no one's really interesting enough. I wish it could be like the old days when it comes to dating. Guys that are really interested actually put themselves out there, and pursue you. Now days guys just text, or call. I'm not a phone person at all. I'm happy that it's working out for you Kenni The last time I tried to date a guy, all he wanted to do was text. That's all good, but there's got to be some other kind of interaction otherwise it's gonna get weird.

What strength of Melatonin are you on? You might need a high dose. I take the lowest dose my pharmacy has to offer.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Unfortunately this guy actually lives in a different state - Utah. But I used to live there and still have family one town over from where he lives. So I'm certainly willing to travel to meet him at some point. He actually asked me the other night about the last time I was in Utah. When I told him it was just last month he was like, "D'oh!" And he's expressed a willingness to fly to Phoenix. But it still isn't ideal, which is why I wasn't sure if I should bother responding when he first started messaging me. Texting was a bit awkward until he actually called so we could talk. We weren't getting when the other was joking, which is part of why I would get upset with him. Sarcasm doesn't always come across in texts - unless you already know the person.

I've also been messaging with a guy who lives in Virginia. Nothing is going to happen there - I'm not willing to travel THAT far. But Utah guy knows about him and keeps asking me, "I'm a better option than VA guy, right? I'm only one state over!"

Yes, 6 hours is definitely better. In fact, prior to my bout of unemployment I regularly got 6-7 hours. But after so many nights of so little sleep I was kind of hoping for a night of a good LONG sleep. I went to bed at 9:30 for crying out loud!

I took 5 mg. My supervisor told me she takes 6 mg (two 3 mg pills). I was talking to my sister this morning, who has been dealing with insomnia for years. She said melatonin has never really worked for her - except for when she paired it with a Tylenol PM. She said that people keep recommending it though and figures she needs to mess with the dose more or figure out some other trick with it.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Funny because melatonin randomly came up last night when I was at the bar after softball...why does that always happen? Coincidence.

Kenni I hope you have guys competing for you I love that stuff

It's funny cause I totally prefer texting guys over phone, I feel like it's so much easier ...get me on the phone and I turn into an awkward bore.

Dating is so hard these days...even finding someone online can be a nightmare. I wonder what it was like before cellphones and internet?!

Old 08-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm totally fine with texting, but I also need to be able to talk to the guy. Last night he and I got into a bit of an argument. I tried calling him because texting wasn't helping the situation. He wouldn't answer. I asked him to call me or answer his phone and he refused. He said, "I feel like a dork now so I don't know." And I'm like, "That's why we need to talk!" So much can get lost or misconstrued in texting. Ugh! Stupid boy!

That's funny that melatonin came up at softball. Baader Meinhof for the win!
Old 08-14-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I want to slap him. That sounds like childish behaviour! That's exactly why text convos are I mean, to discuss anything serious especially. But yeah, if someone's joking/using sarcasm it can totally come off wrong

Old 08-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I took 5 mg. My supervisor told me she takes 6 mg (two 3 mg pills). I was talking to my sister this morning, who has been dealing with insomnia for years. She said melatonin has never really worked for her - except for when she paired it with a Tylenol PM. She said that people keep recommending it though and figures she needs to mess with the dose more or figure out some other trick with it.
I also take the 5mg, but I have to take it at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours before bed, or I won't go to sleep. I can't force it, or it's a horrible night of tossing and turning, and when it's time to wake up you really start to dose off and it's just a bad day.

Kenni here is a dosage guide. [LINK] It's pretty straight forward. I wouldn't recommend mixing. It could be really dangerous for your health.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Josie! The two nights I've taken melatonin I've fallen asleep within a half hour. So it's becoming not so much a problem of falling asleep but staying asleep. And yeah, I probably won't mix it with anything. That sort of thing makes me nervous.

Lisa, he texted me today asking if I'm mad him. I wasn't as blunt as I would have liked to have been. But I told him that yes, I was a bit irritated. Cause last time our conversation ventured into that territory he called me to talk through it. Whereas last night he turned into a moody teenage girl, wouldn't answer my call, and quit texting me. Sometimes...

So anyone have any fun weekend plans? Tomorrow I have a nephew turning five. About to go shopping for some Ninjago stuff for him. Not even really sure what Ninjago is.