Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's what I always say to people, well something similar...like if someone bought a dish that has a tiny tiny chip on it, I'll be like "now it has character". It only works sometimes

I can't do anything properly, so I've long come to terms with my inability to be a perfectionist. Weird because my dad is the total opposite, anything he does is 100% perfect and accurate down to the tiniest measurement and detail. I'm like "meh close enough."
(Except when I used to design webpages, now THAT was a different story)

Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna need some updates here. On crocheting and boys.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

I know! kenni left us hanging!

So I've been MIA the last couple of days b/c work has been kicking my ass and I've basically been crashing and burning when I get home every night. All I have time for when I've gotten home most of this week is take a shower and go to bed. But it should let up going forward.

It was so beautiful here yesterday (low 80s, low humidity, sunny, light breeze) that I decided to walk home from work yesterday afternoon rather than going to the bar to celebrate the end of the week. If not for the tourists that randomly stop in the middle of the pedestrian lane on the Brooklyn Bridge then the walk would've been absolutely perfect. I did finish it off perfectly with some frozen yogurt.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 08-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love night-time walks when it's nice outside

The weather here was depressing this past week, cloudy all day and not super hot. But this week looks to be the total opposite ;eek: Yay.

I've had a headache since about 6pm yesterday, that just won't quit

Old 08-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Life has continued to be a bit hectic. I wouldn’t say I still have insomnia, but my sleep schedule is still a bit out of whack. I feel like I’m just perpetually tired.

I believe I mentioned before that I’ve started a new job. It’s a bit more stressful than my last job. In some ways I like it. The work is more diverse and keeps me busy. But my boss is also a bit of a douche. He wants me to just take care of things without bugging him, but then he also tries to micromanage. Can’t have it both ways buddy!

The other day he had me checking his voicemail for him. Because a grown man in his 40s is evidently incapable of doing so for himself. As I was walking to his office to do so I thought, “What am I, your bitch?” I told my supervisor about this. She told me that when someone asked her a couple weeks ago about her job and what it is she does she responded, “I’m Satan’s bitch.”

Crochet…let’s see, 81 granny squares of 4 rows. I’m 2/3 of the way through the 3rd row for each square. So…still a bit to go. But I’ve been working more diligently so I’m hopeful that I’ll actually have it done by the time the baby girl is born in October.

As for boys…still talking to the guy in UT. And he’s still a turd from time to time. He has this tendency to just shut down and avoid me when things don’t go his way. Then the next day he’ll text me like nothing happened. But then I recognize that I tend to get upset with him over some stupid stuff. So usually he gets upset and pouts because I snapped at him over something stupid. But then I get angry because he's avoiding me. By the time he's stopped pouting the next day and texts me my temper has also cooled. So.... We may be a bit dysfunctional.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

kenni, your boss sounds like he sucks. There is nothing worse to me than a micromanager. And the fact that he wants you to do things on your own but then wants to micromanage...ugh.

So it's a long distance relationship? That's gotta make it hard too b/c sometimes things can get lost in translation. Did you get to see him when you were up there recently?
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 09-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Micro-managers need to be slapped - there's nothing worse. It's why I could never be a manager, because I know it would be like that and my staff would hate me!

Kenni at least your relationship with this guy sounds interesting though, if anything

Amy have you had any fun nights out recently?!

Happy Tuesday The only exciting part about today is changing all the calendars on my desk at work. And I'm going to the mall later.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, micromanaging bosses suck...a lot. Just yesterday I told him about an expense that was approved, and that the check was sent. He asked me who approved the expense. I told him it was my supervisor. So he turns to her, and asks her if she has the authority to approve such things. She responds, "Well I thought I did." To which he says, "Yes, you absolutely do." Then why bring it up? She and I were both so confused by that exchange.

Unfortunately Amy, I didn't see him when I was last in UT cause we hadn't even started talking yet. It was a few weeks after my trip that he started messaging me. So we actually haven't even met yet. And thanks to my bout of unemployment and an upcoming Disneyland trip I won't be able to afford a trip back to UT for a while. But he thinks he may be coming down to Phoenix to see me in the next couple months.

And Lisa, interesting is definitely a good word to describe this relationship. He keeps me on my toes. It's part of why I like him despite some of his idiotic ways.

And the best thing about Tuesday is that it's no longer Monday!
Old 09-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My bf keeps me on my damn toes 24/7, I think there's nobody else like him in the world, he's absolutely crazy (which is why we're great together, because I'm also nuts). So I approve of this new relationship

You know, because you asked for my approval and stuff right

Well I hope he comes down to visit you, that would be exciting!

My office smells like BO and I know it's probably just onions but it's really starting to gross me out

Old 09-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Passionate Fan

So glad you approve Lisa! Cause my best friend doesn't. I foolishly told her some less than favorable things about this guy in the early days. He didn't make the best first impression. I found him amusing but wasn't taking him seriously. Who'd have thunk that I'd still be talking to him a month later and things would have progressed as they have? I sure never would have guessed based on our first couple conversations. I told him that a couple of really good friends are unsure about him based on some things I told them. He wasn't happy with me for tainting their view of him and wanted to know why I would have told them what I did. My answer, "Because I'm a girl! That's what we do!" He really has no one to blame but himself though. Besides, my best friend lives in UT - about 30 minutes from him. If this boy manages to get me back in UT her opinion will vastly improve.

Ugh! I hate when the office smells. Well, I hate any place that smells. Bad odors can be so hard to track down sometimes. And when it turns out to be a co-worker? Awkward.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As someone who has full experience with people judging someone I'm into and getting them all wrong (not saying she's got your guy wrong, but she doesn't know him as well as you...yet), I still fully support this learning experience with new fellow

And he should know girls talk about EVERYTHING Boys on the other hand...

As for office smells, I used to sit behind an annoying man who would just fart whenever he wanted. And they were BAD. God, I hated him. Luckily he moved to our office further west.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I appreciate your support! What's funny is that back when I lived in UT this friend was worried about me dating anybody because then I'd be spending less time with her. And now if I end up living near her again it will be because of a boy.

You're right; he should know girls talk about everything. I let him know the only reason I kept talking with him and ended up giving him my number was because I'd talked to my cousin about him and gotten her advice. He was very curious what her advice had been. I found that oh so difficult to explain. Cause it was essentially that I would still be able to block him on my cell phone so I might as well just give him my number and see what happens.

I have this co-worker who kind of annoys me. And she wears this perfume or a perfumed lotion that I just do not like. At first it didn't bug me too much, but as time passes and she irritates me more and more that smell is really starting to get to me.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok today I was eating a salad at lunch, and my co-worker came up to me and said something like "eating another boring salad that won't leave you satisfied?" I was like...what?
I racked my brain trying to think if I had ever complained about salads to her, but I don't think I have How weird.

What do you mean you could block him on your cell phone? How do you do that?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't you hate when people just randomly point out stuff you do. I usually pop off with "and your point is!?!" I think that's why some of my ****ty co workers leave me alone. Salad's are delicious If we had a decent salad bar at work I'd have one every day.

Quote:
What do you mean you could block him on your cell phone? How do you do that?
I just learned how to do this. it's a great tool. It's all in you phone list settings. You add them in your phone list, and in your settings you can block the number. Kenni can probably walk you through it better.

I just got an iPhone 6 and I can't make the screen stop shifting with my movements.

Quote:
I have this co-worker who kind of annoys me. And she wears this perfume or a perfumed lotion that I just do not like. At first it didn't bug me too much, but as time passes and she irritates me more and more that smell is really starting to get to me.
Some of the new workers that I've had to train have an odor. One wears strong perfume, and you can't do that in a hospital. People are sick, and that's only going to make it worse. These one that just smells musty and I can't stand it. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but you can't be stinking like that. I have naturally curly hair, and I wash it at least every 2 days. I could go 3, but I don't want to chance it. My curls could hold up a whole 5 days before it starts to look like damn it. This girl doesn't wash her hair often. Every time she whips it I want to pass out. Not cool.... I feel you Kenni. It's not a very comfortable environment to work in when your senses are constantly being messed with.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 09-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't know I could block on my cell until my cousin pointed it out. Like Josie said, there is a blocked list in the phone settings. But you can also just go into a specific contact and there's an option to block that contact. Though this is for an iPhone. I have no idea how one might block people on an android. Those things confuse me

One of the techs at my old job wore this really strong smelling cologne. We always knew when he arrived to work just from the smell. Personally, I don't wear perfumes, perfumed lotions, or use strong scented shampoos, body washes, etc. I just can't handle too strong of smells. My sister is really paranoid about how she smells. She showers more often than I think is necessary and loves to wear perfume. Luckily for me she prefers more subdued perfumes. But a few weeks ago she was wearing this lotion that was making me sick. She gave me the bottle to smell it to determine if that was the bad smell. It smelled fine in the bottle, but on her? No bueno. She hasn't worn it since.