Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2017, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Gym 5 times this week! Gah! My legs are dead. Yesterday's workout involved over 150 squats - among other things. I gave up on jump roping. My calves were firing and I just kept tripping over that damn rope.

So my interest in hair dude hasn't really waned. And things are a bit more difficult now cause several weeks ago just about everyone in my department moved desks. He and I now sit next to each other. So now we talk a whole lot more. Between that and seeing him at the gym I'm just not getting over him. And since I'm almost positive he's not interested (and I am too much of a coward in this regard to ever say something to him) I really just want to move on.

He makes it difficult though. Just yesterday as I was leaving, was almost to the door, he gestured me over to his desk. So he could brag about something. Anyway, we were chatting a bit when our Team Lead got on him about his work code - he'd been taking too long putting in notes for something when he was technically supposed to be logged out for the day. So then he begins to blame me for distracting him. I point out that I was over 10 feet away from him when he gestured me over to him. He said it didn't matter. He essentially told me that wherever I am I am distracting him. I said I wasn't sure how to take that. He made this quizzical face and said "At face value? As good natured ribbing?" I commented to a friend that doesn't he get how a girl might take that when a guy says she's a distraction wherever she is? She noted that he genuinely may not know. The dolt.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome back, Janet and Kenni.

Janet, are you back from Florida? If so, how was the trip?

Five times, Kenni. Welp, I didn't go last week (am going tomorrow though) and I ate so much unhealthy stuff and am regretting everything right now.

You know for sure that he's not interested though? Maybe he's just shy? And it definitely seems to me that he's flirting with you with the "distraction" comment.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 10-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kenni, wow. Hair Guy is really something.

Sarah, I haven't been yet. (Not so) fun story: 3 weeks ago my mom had a stroke. She actually refused to go to the hospital before I bribed her with a cup of tea. We took her to the nice, new, fancy hospital and it's like "we don't really have a stroke ward" and were transferred to another hospital (they're all part of the same network and should have been housed together but that's a story for another day). We're at this other hospital when she developed pneumonia (she's prone to pneumonia and it's a common occurrence in stroke patients, to begin with). Congrats to my mom, she landed in the ICU twice. She's back in the stroke ward and I think she's doing better, but because of the two ICU stays she ended up falling behind on her therapy. I hate work but I'd give anything to have her better and me back there. As for Florida it's happening this week, I've been tossing and turning over this but I feel sufficiently better about her (and my other sister is staying with her) for me to go.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 10-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah geez, sorry to hear about that Janet! Hopefully she gets better, and quickly. Yikes.

Hope everyone is having a decent weekend

Old 10-21-2017, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no, Janet. I do remember you saying that she wasn't well, didn't know that it was a stroke. Hope that she'll be alright ... I can understand being torn about leaving her to go for your holiday but you've been looking forward to this for a long time and she's in good hands.

Happy weekend, guys! Going to spend some time with my best friend right after this.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Passionate Fan

Sorry about your mother Janet. Hope she continues to improve and that you not stress too much so that you can actually enjoy your trip.

And I don't know 100% that hair guy isn't interested. But if he is he hides it well. Cause while he'll say and do certain things that would at times suggest he's flirting I also think he's just a flirty guy. Not shy. Though comments he's made in the past suggest he would be hesitant to express interest in a girl unless he was sure she was interested.

In other news, my lower legs are covered in bug bites or possibly a rash and I cannot figure out what it is. I had gotten a lot of mosquito bites in Mexico but those had pretty much healed when these new ones appeared a couple days ago. I had been exposed to bed bugs a few weeks ago but I've stripped my bed and checked my room. Don't see bed bugs anywhere. I'm starting to freak out a bit. And my legs won't stop itching!
Old 10-23-2017, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh God Kenni, bed bugs are one of my worst nightmares!! I hope you don't have them! But if there are a ton of bites, I feel like it wouldn't be those Where were you exposed to them?

Did you check all the crevices of your mattress? Any blood stains or bed bug skins?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yikes, Kenni. Allergies maybe?

God, I'm so tired. This will be a super long week.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Passionate Fan

No blood spots on my sheets. And no other physical evidence of the bed bugs. I was exposed at a friend's house about a month ago. He saw the bites last night and is certain they aren't bed bug bites. And from the time I was exposed there hasn't been quite enough time for the bugs to multiply to warrant the number of bites I have. Also, IF they had I would for sure be seeing the bugs in my bed or surrounding areas. So I'm still clueless as to what they are from. But I have an appointment to see my allergist tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong.

Back to back meetings are just about wiping me out right now. And then I have a team bowling thingy on Thursday night. Is it the weekend yet?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I hope so too. I showed the bites to hair dude and he thinks they’re just bites from tropical bugs in Mexico. He evidently had bites from bugs in Costa Rica that took 3 weeks to heal. So he told me not to waste money on the doctor. I told my best friend and she now wants to punch him for suggesting I not to go the doctor. I told my sister and she doesn’t buy his theory. She told me not to tell the doctor this theory and to see what the doctor says first. Which I’ll do. But I’m kind of hoping his theory is right and the bites are no big deal and will just heal with time.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe monitor them and see if the rashes are spreading? I wouldn't worry too much unless it is.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 10-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Doctor figures its bug bites but still unsure what bug. He prescribed me prednisone. Hopefully it helps. Itching has gone down.

So today was kind of rough. I had a man, wouldn't even call him a client cause I didn't get any information from him to even determine if he was or not, who called in and made a number of sexual suggestions to me. Until I hung up the phone. I was really upset. The guys sitting next to me, including hair dude, could tell so I told them what happened. Then I informed my team lead and manager. They told me to take a break. So I did.

Hair dude happened to be taking his break right then too. So he talked to me for a bit then asked me to play ping pong with him to take my mind off of it. Either he sucks at ping pong or was just pretending to suck like me to be nice. When I got back from the break my team lead gave me some things to do to keep me off the phone for the rest of my shift - which I was very grateful for. Then my manager let me know he had listened to the call and fully approved of me hanging up on the guy.

I work in an industry that is predominantly comprised of men. It can be rough. I feel lucky though that I have supervisors, managers, and other male coworkers who understand that. They know that men will treat me differently than them simply because I am a woman. And they support me. Today I felt cared for by the men on my team. It's not that I need their protection, but it's nice to know it's there if I did.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh Kenni that's so gross, sorry that happened to you. It's nice that your co-workers had your back, though. And cool that you can play ping pong

Old 10-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh sorry that happened to you, Kenni. Some guys are so disgusting. It's great that your co-workers and bosses have your back though ... some might have brushed it off as you overreacting to his comments etc. so I'm glad that they didn't react that way. Clearly, they know that the way the guy behaved was not right.

So, I bowled tonight and got close to a 100. Pleased about that. Anything above 50 is a win to me since I'm NOT good in bowling.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won