Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
But then I also remember that I tend to be hard on myself with things. I sometimes have to check and remind myself that I am improving. Even if not as quickly as I would like. I'm still so much further than I was when I started 3 months ago.
For sure. It's always easier to beat yourself up over your progress but any improvement is progress and we should give ourselves credit for that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1marie (View Post)
Ahhh, I just accepted a job offer in a new city and I'm freaking out
Awwww yes, congrats, Marie! Is it a teaching position too?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Awwww yes, congrats, Marie! Is it a teaching position too?
Thanks! It's actually a software development position. I'm so excited!
Old 11-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh something different is always exciting. Hope it all goes well, Marie. When do you start the new job?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 11-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Congrats Marie! Exciting stuff! Perhaps a bit nerve racking, but exciting. Wishing you the best!

And I bought a new car last night. Well it's used, but new to me! Had not been the plan yesterday. My car has been giving me problems for a while but I'd been hoping it would still last me through the winter. After taking it in a couple weeks ago the prognosis was no longer so good. But I still wasn't planning on getting another car till next month. Then yesterday I decided to go test drive some cars to get an idea of what I want. Plan was just to test drive not actually purchase. But wouldn't you know I drove home in a new car last night.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the nice wishes everyone I start at the beginning of December

Congrats on the car purchase, Kenni
Old 11-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yoooo dudes I think I will attempt to catch up on everything tomorrow, I'm so tired still. Boooo jetlag. The jetlag could be worse. But I am very sensitive.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice, Kenni! Sometimes, you just have to give in to your gut feeling and buy it if you really love it. I got my new one (third car ever) two years back and I love it to bits.

YAS, Marie. That's pretty soon. Excited for you.

Yo, hope the jetlag disappears fast, Lisa.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 11-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks ladies! It wasn't even that I love the car - though I am quite fond of it so far. But I also realized that car shopping is a major pain. I wasn't looking forward to the idea of continuing to shop and continuing to deal with car salesman. Since I found a car I liked and the price was right I decided to just go for it.

In other news, pervert guy called again today. He didn't even get to be inappropriate cause I recognized his voice and what he was initially asking for - something I could never figure out the first time around, even my manager couldn't figure out the word the guy was saying when he listened the the call. So when I heard his voice and this indecipherable question I put him on hold and told my manager. He had me transfer the call to him right away. But, of course, as soon as my manager was on the line the guy hung up. I really wish we could block this guy, but the number he calls from doesn't come through. When I saw the caller ID "unknown" I had a feeling it would be that guy. Which is funny cause the last time he called it wasn't "unknown" - just a general number that appears on all international calls - and I've had one or two other calls come through "unknown" without it being a pervert. Guess my intuition was on point today.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ewww, that guy is really something else ... calling in again. He is smart enough to know that he'd get blocked if he didn't call from an unknown number ... that is just creepy AF. I wish that there's a way to permanently bar his number but I can see how that would be hard to do.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 11-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ew Kenni, that's so creepy, ughhh

Old 11-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Yesterday I got two calls from "unknown" numbers. Each time I tensed up a bit before answering. I really hate that.

This week has been rough. Had some trouble at work on Wednesday that made me cranky, and then I just seemed to stay cranky. I thought I was better yesterday till I found myself complaining about stuff that really shouldn't have bothered me. So glad the week is finally over. Nothing to do this weekend but relax.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you relax properly!

Today I lounged around all morning then went to visit my dad (mom is away with one of the dogs) and eat and chug wine and he made me get rid of a bunch of my old stuff. So, I finally threw out some of my old My Little Ponies AND IT WAS SO SAD

Old 11-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Not the ponies!

Actually, mine bit the dust YEARS ago. I moved in with my older sister when I was 17 and she pretty much immediately began helping me purge junk. I still have some things from my childhood but not much. Most of it is my American Girl Doll, Samantha, and her accessories. People have told me I should sell her - since she's been discontinued she's worth quite a bit. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I always wanted to pass her on to my daughter. Then I figured if I never have a daughter I'd give her to one of my nieces. But I have 6 and not sure which one. Plus, most of them are now past the age of playing with dolls. But my youngest niece is 2. I figure by the time she turns 8 - an age old enough to know how to actually take care of such a nice doll but still young enough to perhaps play with her - I'll be 40. Pretty sure if I haven't had any kids by then I won't be having kids so then I'll give Samantha to her.

I relaxed this afternoon. But this morning was busy. I went to the gym. And, man, that workout was BRUTAL. I was the last to finish the workout. And as I was doing the last few exercises others who had already completed joined me to encourage me. I really appreciate the support. But sometimes I want to smack people as they tell me how great I'm doing. Like, "Nope. My lungs are about to burst. Leave me the hell alone!" But at the end of the day glad did it. And grateful for the people at my gym.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh Lisa, that's sad. I had a bunch of My Little Ponies but was never really attached to them ... but it was sad having to say goodbye to my Barbies and Polly Pocket dolls. Did that many years ago. They went to some little girls though, so a bit of consolation there at least.

That's good though, Kenni! Progress at the gym is definitely something to be celebrated ... I haven't made much progress but hey I'm just celebrating the fact that it's been a few years and I'm still going there, at least. Since I had quit like two times prior to this.

I haven't been to the gym in three weeks though ... due to work and then now, my trip. Really need to go, this weekend.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 11-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got rid of my Barbies several years ago, but still think about them sometimes The Ponies I was wayyyyyy more attached to.