Old 04-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 04-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
I know you guys are just trying to be impartial, but by minimizing the issue and saying you don't personally care, you're implying that the people who will be offended (or already are) don't have a legitimate reason to be bothered by it. And that's not fair.

Representation is important. If you don't agree, might that be because your race or ethnicity is already very well-represented?
I don't think anyone is saying how anyone person should feel i just think people are giving their point of view and i don't see a problem with that. When anyone says it isn't important to them or they don't really pay attention it isn't to strike at anyone it is only there pov for me i do not look at ethnicity i enjoy a show based on the characters the show wants to show and how they want to represent them. I think this is a very hot topic and just like i wouldn't want to discuss religion a fan site i think this isn't really a topic that will ever be won the show will do what they want and they will cast there characters based on how they see them as do every other show on the network. I watch the show because it is light and fun for the most part and i do not think much about race or colour of the character i just enjoy the characters for how the show wants them to be and if i don't like a character i don't watch for me it is simple. I think a topic like this will only end with everyone fighting
Old 04-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

No one was arguing against anyone's personal opinion about the matter. The argument was against this attitude that when someone expresses their opinion, trying to shut them down by saying that you think no one else in the audience shares their opinion about a matter that's important to them.

Acting as if their opinion and reasons behind it aren't legitimate and don't matter just because you don't agree. None of us should use an argument like that against each other on any matter. It's very insensitive.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Has anyone even read the casting description for Lily that was leaked last year?

Some of us thought she was going to be Henry's new love interest.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that representation is an important issue but I think discussing it here is only going to go in circles and cause arguments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Has anyone even read the casting description for Lily that was leaked last year?

Some of us thought she was going to be Henry's new love interest.
Yes, I remember that!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Really! I never said anything to this degree, I never said that their weren't a lot of people that have issues with this topic all I said is this probably is a no win argument best not argued on a fan site that is suppose to be fun. My comments are my pov and only my pov. This is my pov you are entitled to yours but it doesn't mean I have to agree
Old 04-26-2015, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthing1x (View Post)
I know you guys are just trying to be impartial, but by minimizing the issue and saying you don't personally care, you're implying that the people who will be offended (or already are) don't have a legitimate reason to be bothered by it. And that's not fair.

Representation is important. If you don't agree, might that be because your race or ethnicity is already very well-represented?
Can I just offer an olive branch here and then shut up?
It is very possible that you're right and the matter doesn't bother me because I'm white and the media do represent me. But I also believe that OUAT doesn't deserve to be blamed for changing Lily's ethnicity because it's not the point, and I guess it isn't for any of the characters. Regina is played by a Latina and I don't think it's just Latinos who love her. Marian is an actress of colour too and believe me, hadn't I read it I wouldn't have noticed. Growing up, my favourite princess was Jasmine: should I have changed favourite princess or feel less represented by her because I'm white? No way for the life of me. So I guess my point is it shouldn't matter.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:57 AM
Elite Fan

So after this episode, we just have Mother and then the finale.

I hope this is all leading to something interesting.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
It is very possible that you're right and the matter doesn't bother me because I'm white and the media do represent me. But I also believe that OUAT doesn't deserve to be blamed for changing Lily's ethnicity because it's not the point, and I guess it isn't for any of the characters. Regina is played by a Latina and I don't think it's just Latinos who love her. Marian is an actress of colour too and believe me, hadn't I read it I wouldn't have noticed. Growing up, my favourite princess was Jasmine: should I have changed favourite princess or feel less represented by her because I'm white? No way for the life of me. So I guess my point is it shouldn't matter.
I agree.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I totally agree with you.
I think that sometimes it's hard to catch the tone of what people mean when it's in writing and so people are a bit more on edge. The viewer's ethnicity, gender and religion don't need to match the actor's for him/her to relate. But I guess sometimes you want to see yourself represented more, and also just more diversity.
I wish we lived in a world where all of this didn't matter. I'm a bit naive, I guess.

my semi-active tumblr
Old 04-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I think on OUAt it's about the eight regulars who are all Caucasian with the exception of Lana most other characters tend to be recurring in a arc who tend to leave after the arc is over. I don't think of the Poc characters Ursula, Marion, Lancelot are different from Tinkerbell, Cruella, Aurora who also leave when their arc was over

Last edited by fox24; 04-26-2015 at 08:38 AM
Old 04-26-2015, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He always drops a hint with his tweets. Heart and soul... Hopefully we will get more insight into his plan for Emma... and his plan for himself!
Old 04-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope so too
Old 04-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

He always drops a hint with his tweets. Heart and soul... Hopefully we will get more insight into his plan for Emma... and his plan for himself!
I think heart and soul could be referring to the emotional turmoil that will be going on with emma/lily, belle/rumple and robin/regina
Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)

Thanks for posting! No image with his tweet for the first time in a while...

Might also have to do with Belle and her heart.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread