Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2004, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope that when she reintroduces herself on this album that she shocks us in another way.

Same here I feel since she already used that way to re-intoduce herself for her Stripped album, she can do something different now for her 3rd. Maybe this time she can introduce herself purely a singer w/out all that hype surrounding her. Know what I mean? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Question for you Pat, do you think that the critics will embrace Christina growing with her music or turn the cheek on her?

I really think critics will embrace her since they already know what incredible versatile voice she has. They know she can go from pop music to actual difficult ballads that you don't hear from others in her genre. Some artists aren't able to pull it off but I have a feeling that Christina will. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2004, 07:59 AM
Addicted Fan

I really think critics will embrace her since they already know what incredible versatile voice she has. They know she can go from pop music to actual difficult ballads that you don't hear from others in her genre. Some artists aren't able to pull it off but I have a feeling that Christina will

You just remind me of the what her mother said on the E special. How her girl keeps getting back up something like that. I am not sure if you notice but the dancing and singing at the same time is slowly vanishing. Don’t get me wrong Janet will always be here and no one can take her space no matter how many times they copy her shows, dance moves and etc.

I honestly believe that her tour with Chingy is a peak of what she is going to do for this album. This could be a test to see if we are ready for it or not?

I just hope that she performs Singing my song that will be a good one to end instead of Beautiful. I wonder if she could hit that note each night? Hmm maybe switch it to Soar some nights.

Love,

Rem
Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You just remind me of the what her mother said on the E special. How her girl keeps getting back up something like that. I am not sure if you notice but the dancing and singing at the same time is slowly vanishing. Don’t get me wrong Janet will always be here and no one can take her space no matter how many times they copy her shows, dance moves and etc.

Yea I remember that and it's one of the reasons why I love her. Plus I hear ya on the whole dancing thing, just like the 'pop-scene' will fade, so will that. And I'm glad it's lately there just too much dancing and not enough focus on actual singing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I honestly believe that her tour with Chingy is a peak of what she is going to do for this album. This could be a test to see if we are ready for it or not?

Now that you put it that way, I'm understanding more and more why she chose to tour again and w/ Chingy. Hopefully it'll be a success for her...either way she's already succeeding by trying it in the first place. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I just hope that she performs Singing my song that will be a good one to end instead of Beautiful. I wonder if she could hit that note each night? Hmm maybe switch it to Soar some nights.

Same here, I always wanted her to end w/ Singing My Song for the Justified & Stripped Tour. I thoug Beautiful would be a nice way to open the show instead. But I wouldn't mind her singin Soar or The Voice Within. I must admit that I got all teary-eyed when I seen her singing that song. Such emotion she displayed and it got to me. [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Passionate Fan

nullYea I remember that and it's one of the reasons why I love her. Plus I hear ya on the whole dancing thing, just like the 'pop-scene' will fade, so will that. And I'm glad it's lately there just too much dancing and not enough focus on actual singing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

To me I never even noticed her dancing I loved her voice from the first song that really made me think she's wasn't just another pop act was I turn to you and Reflection. sue I like Genie in a bottle but it just seemed like another pop act. But Christina isn't just another pop act she can up hold her dancing and sing and that's what will keep her here.

Now that you put it that way, I'm understanding more and more why she chose to tour again and w/ Chingy. Hopefully it'll be a success for her...either way she's already succeeding by trying it in the first place. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Never thought of it that way when I heard she was going out on tour with chingy I went "WHY" I wasn't a fan of him. But to think of it it will open her to new fans as well as what's going to on her next cd. Guess we'll have to wait and see

Just mSame here, I always wanted her to end w/ Singing My Song for the Justified & Stripped Tour. I thoug Beautiful would be a nice way to open the show instead. But I wouldn't mind her singin Soar or The Voice Within. I must admit that I got all teary-eyed when I seen her singing that song. Such emotion she displayed and it got to me. [img]smilies/innocent.gif[/img] [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]e!

I haven't had the chance to christina in concert but from what I've seen on Tv of her singing live. For Beautiful hits home for me and brings tears to my eyes use to be a kid with very low self- esstem. But there are some many powerful songs on Stripped . I would swtich it up and then start and end with her most powerful songs!

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited Dixie1903 ]
Old 03-31-2004, 06:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Loving her for her :LOL: I totally understand what you mean about her voice. Like her or not it makes you shut up or your mouth drops open. She has you paralyzed by her voice, she doesn’t need the glitz and the glam and that’s what a diva is. To bad people will never understand what a diva is.
As for her dancing, I only love watching her dance when she dances with Jorge. Don’t ask why because, I couldn’t tell you it was just something about watching them together.

Stripped will always be the one of those albums that people slept on for a year or so. Ten years from now a freaking special about music will appear and they will praise that album. She does have a lot of powerful songs on this album and I am glad that she open up in the way she did.

I am Okay I would love for her to perform that song. Just once, do you guys remember when Janet perform What about at the VH1 Fashion award shows? I think that would be nice to see and if she couldn’t get through the song it’s okay. But then again, some critic will destroy that moment so maybe I really do not want her to do that.

I am not sure if you guys heard this but, Christina did attend Prince concert. Maybe it will kick some creative juices out.

Love,

Rem

P.S. Dixie, welcome to Pat and my discussion and we hope you come back and talk again.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loving her for her :LOL: I totally understand what you mean about her voice. Like her or not it makes you shut up or your mouth drops open. She has you paralyzed by her voice, she doesn’t need the glitz and the glam and that’s what a diva is. To bad people will never understand what a diva is.

Ditto and well said. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Another thing some people will never get is confusing her quietness or reserve-ness (is that a workd? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) for acting stuck-up or diva-ish. I can't even count how many times I've read somewhere that claims she was rude to them by not talking alot or something. That's bull, I can understand why she so to herself and careful. After all the betrayal she went thru, I don't blame her.

As for her dancing, I only love watching her dance when she dances with Jorge. Don’t ask why because, I couldn’t tell you it was just something about watching them together.

Talk about dancing, when she releases her 2nd Spanish album, I hope she dances more on that too. I think she looks cute dancing that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stripped will always be the one of those albums that people slept on for a year or so. Ten years from now a freaking special about music will appear and they will praise that album. She does have a lot of powerful songs on this album and I am glad that she open up in the way she did.

Ditto and I can't wait for that day to come, I'd be like 'I told ya so!'. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] But at least we recognized it at the time. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I am Okay I would love for her to perform that song. Just once, do you guys remember when Janet perform What about at the VH1 Fashion award shows? I think that would be nice to see and if she couldn’t get through the song it’s okay. But then again, some critic will destroy that moment so maybe I really do not want her to do that.

Rem, your definitely my twin, I've been thinking the same ever since I heard 'I'm Okay'. And the VH1 Fashion Show would be a great place to sing it at, I do remember that Janet performance and it was off the hook! I remember her saying that people didn't think that would a good song to sing but she more than proved them wrong. I'd want for Christina do the same and have a killer performance of that song. Even though it would be pretty hard for her, if she gets choked up I think I'd get too. And I don't care about the critics just as long Christina at least one time performs that song! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I am not sure if you guys heard this but, Christina did attend Prince concert. Maybe it will kick some creative juices out.

Oh I heard about it and was looking for pictures but found none yet. But I think Prince could give Christina some inspiration for her next album. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Dixie, welcome to Pat and my discussion and we hope you come back and talk again.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] That sounds funny..."Pat and my discussion".
Old 03-31-2004, 11:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Ditto and well said. Another thing some people will never get is confusing her quietness or reserve-ness (is that a workd? ) for acting stuck-up or diva-ish. I can't even count how many times I've read somewhere that claims she was rude to them by not talking alot or something. That's bull, I can understand why she so to herself and careful. After all the betrayal she went thru, I don't blame her.

I've read some many stories that she was rude because she didn't talk there ear off or she was very shy. I think that's ok in the bunisses she's in it's very hard to turst anyone and to really have ture freind's. Lot of stars need to talk some lessons from christina and learn not to blab there whole life story.

Talk about dancing, when she releases her 2nd Spanish album, I hope she dances more on that too. I think she looks cute dancing that.

I would like to see her dance more aslo but she's singer first and then a dancer. I would also like to see a second Spanish album I don't owe her first one but a freind of mine has it. And english, spanish what ever she's got talent to be able to sing in both languges and come have great! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ditto and I can't wait for that day to come, I'd be like 'I told ya so!'. But at least we recognized it at the time.

AGree 100% [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I love her first but Stripped will be in the books for years it's one of those cd's that my kids will have to have and they will listen to! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It will be one of those cd's like "Micheal Jackson" Thiller , "Nirvina"- Nevermind that all of my age had to have!

Rem, your definitely my twin, I've been thinking the same ever since I heard 'I'm Okay'. And the VH1 Fashion Show would be a great place to sing it at, I do remember that Janet performance and it was off the hook! I remember her saying that people didn't think that would a good song to sing but she more than proved them wrong. I'd want for Christina do the same and have a killer performance of that song. Even though it would be pretty hard for her, if she gets choked up I think I'd get too. And I don't care about the critics just as long Christina at least one time performs that song!

I love that song! Even though I missed the VH1 fashion awards [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] . I've seen her on every profromce do I beautiful I also love that song but after every show everyone seen her do beautiful it's time to do a voice with in and show her voice off . It's a great song to show people she's not just a one song girl.

Oh I heard about it and was looking for pictures but found none yet. But I think Prince could give Christina some inspiration for her next album.

I did hear on E! this morning that she did attend but they had no pictures of her! I love prince and he's a big part of my age group! I hope prince inspiration shows up on her next cd!

P.S. I really enjoy talking about it! I been reading what you two wrote and thought wow this is cool . Thought I'd jump in!

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Dixie1903 ]

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited Dixie1903 ]
Old 04-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Addicted Fan

2nd Spanish Album I believe that she will dance more, you know have a dance break in some parts where the big band can play there hearts out. That’s one thing I miss about hearing in R&B music now a days. They would have this nice vocal break and you could just dance with the band. Miss hearing that type of music.

But at least we recognized it at the time. People with good music taste never have to worry about sleeping something. We have this hunger to find something with substance because the radio doesn’t play that and we all know why? Freaking payrola.

Rem, your definitely my twin, I've been thinking the same ever since I heard 'I'm Okay'. And the VH1 Fashion Show would be a great place to sing it at, I do remember that Janet performance and it was off the hook! I remember her saying that people didn't think that would a good song to sing but she more than proved them wrong. I'd want for Christina do the same and have a killer performance of that song. Even though it would be pretty hard for her, if she gets choked up I think I'd get too. And I don't care about the critics just as long Christina at least one time performs that song!

Has RCA sent the plane tickets? I am telling you Pat just gives us one album to promote. The ideas we have is just off the chain I tell you. Knowing how emotional the song would be I could see her getting choke up and to be honest that would have a different effect to the song. You see the wall broken down and in her eyes you see the pain still there.
Oh I heard about it and was looking for pictures but found none yet. But I think Prince could give Christina some inspiration for her next album.

With her bringing more soul to the this album. Celebrating the funk with Parliament, I could see the big band more and more on this album.
That sounds funny..."Pat and my discussion".

It would have to take a couple of AMC people to get some type of discussion on some boards. LOL

I would like to see her dance more aslo but she's singer first and then a dancer.

Saying things like this can make me love you. I will never understand why people pay over $50.00 to see someone dance. I mean if you want to see someone dance I say go to a strip show. What’s the difference?

P.S. I really enjoy talking about it! I been reading what you two wrote and thought wow this is cool . Thought I'd jump in!
Glad you did. Don’t be a stranger.

Love,
Rem
Old 04-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NEW Pictures: Christina Leaving Prince Concert

I told ya I'd find some. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

2nd Spanish Album I believe that she will dance more, you know have a dance break in some parts where the big band can play there hearts out.

Ditto, I can see her doing that type of breaks in her performance. One for the band to show off and the second for Christina to get a quick breather.

People with good music taste never have to worry about sleeping something. We have this hunger to find something with substance because the radio doesn’t play that and we all know why? Freaking payrola.

Ditto. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Has RCA sent the plane tickets? I am telling you Pat just gives us one album to promote. The ideas we have is just off the chain I tell you.

They need to hurry up and ship those darn tickets to us, we'll show them how to promote her WAY better!! Like for instance, they can at least have her promote her Stripped DVD that should be out this month.

Knowing how emotional the song would be I could see her getting choke up and to be honest that would have a different effect to the song. You see the wall broken down and in her eyes you see the pain still there.

Same here, I'd be getting choked up w/ her while she'd be singing it. Not only b/c she's performing the song but cause I can very much relate to it. If she would get critized, then those people would have no hearts. But part of me thinks that maybe finally singing the song will be therauptic for her. Know what I mean?

With her bringing more soul to the this album. Celebrating the funk with Parliament, I could see the big band more and more on this album.

Same here and it gets me excited everytime I think about it.

It would have to take a couple of AMC people to get some type of discussion on some boards. LOL

Ditto. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Saying things like this can make me love you. I will never understand why people pay over $50.00 to see someone dance. I mean if you want to see someone dance I say go to a strip show. What’s the difference?

I so freakin agree w/ you, I don't get that either, paying that much to see somebody only dance but yet lip-synch. I don't think I could ever attend a concert like that, even if the tickets were free. I need to hear the voice and emotions going on in the artist's voice when I go see them play. I can still remember seeing Christina for the first time live lat June. It was so amazing...she held that At Last note for so long... [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Ditto, I can see her doing that type of breaks in her performance. One for the band to show off and the second for Christina to get a quick breather.

I can also see that! I've been to shows where they do that I think it's great it also gives the singer a chance to take a breath as well as the fans! And the band to show us what they do best!

People with good music taste never have to worry about sleeping something. We have this hunger to find something with substance because the radio doesn’t play that and we all know why? Freaking payrola.

Very Very ture half the crap on the radio I hear! Why do they people have cd's players in there cars. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

They need to hurry up and ship those darn tickets to us, we'll show them how to promote her WAY better!! Like for instance, they can at least have her promote her Stripped DVD that should be out this month.

Really? I think they need to let the fans be a part of promating it's a great way to see a great show plus I love telling people about new bands and singers!

Same here, I'd be getting choked up w/ her while she'd be singing it. Not only b/c she's performing the song but cause I can very much relate to it. If she would get critized, then those people would have no hearts. But part of me thinks that maybe finally singing the song will be therauptic for her. Know what I mean?

Been there! You sent there and the singer in to it that you can't keep to shead a tear or it may just hit a cord in you!

Same here and it gets me excited everytime I think about it.

I love to see that to! Hopefully!

Very VERY TURE! Agree !

I so freakin agree w/ you, I don't get that either, paying that much to see somebody only dance but yet lip-synch. I don't think I could ever attend a concert like that, even if the tickets were free. I need to hear the voice and emotions going on in the artist's voice when I go see them play. I can still remember seeing Christina for the first time live lat June. It was so amazing...she held that At Last note for so long...

I agree when I go to a show I want to have a killer time I don't want to to pay to see someone lip-synch and dance for 2 hours that can't see sing worth crap. That not what's it's paid I hate those people that pay to go see a arists and you know you and your freind's could put on a better show! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but it's really hard to find that these days and that's sad to me.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:39 AM
Addicted Fan

ITA with this Pat. The fact that the song is a one take and she was going to use it as a hidden track. Makes me also agree that if she did this song it’s a step closer to closure for her.

I so freakin agree w/ you, I don't get that either, paying that much to see somebody only dance but yet lip-synch. I don't think I could ever attend a concert like that, even if the tickets were free. I need to hear the voice and emotions going on in the artist's voice when I go see them play. I can still remember seeing Christina for the first time live lat June. It was so amazing...she held that At Last note for so long...

I am the type of person that closes her eyes and move to the music in my own world. When I go to a concert I am grooving off the vocals and the instrumental and not the dance movements or some special lightening. A friend of mind told me that if you could go to a concert and blindfold your self and still remain a fan of the person then you are a fan.

Love,

Rem
Old 04-07-2004, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

I'm very excited that she'll do a Spanish album because she WANTS to do it, not because people are telling her to.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blairy the Fairy, very nice point. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blairy the Fairy:
<STRONG>I'm very excited that she'll do a Spanish album because she WANTS to do it, not because people are telling her to.</STRONG>
I also agree she does what she wants to do!