Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2004, 12:49 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Remedy:
<STRONG> Love for all seasons is my favorite song from her first album.
</STRONG>
Are you another one of my twins? OMG! I love, LOVE that song. It has been my favorite song from the first album since the first time I heard it. I never get tired of hearing it.

*back to lurking*
Old 02-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Would you want her doing a collabo w/ Justin?

No, I do not want her to work with Justin for so many reasons. The major reason is his voice I just do not like it. If Christina had to do a collaboration with a member of a boy band I would say AJ from BSB. I always felt that there voices would blend nicely together.

You know what would be really nice for her album cover? Some art work done by her sister. It will go nicely with just vocals attitude. Besides, who is doing that now? No one, that will push the image crap off and focus on the talent.

Love,
Remedy
Old 02-17-2004, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

I likw Justin, but other than remixes, i don't thikn she should work with anyone.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23:
<STRONG>Rem, some good points there...no Justin duet sounds great to me. You know I was thinking the same thing too, about her sister drawing her album cover. I think that would be really special for both of them...maybe even just Christina's face close-up. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>

That's it Pat. We are the same LOL. ITA with you about it being special for both of them. I am not sure if I want Rachel to draw Christina or just one of her art works.

Also, saw the pictures of Christina and Elton. Now that's a duet that I would love to hear or even her with Boy George. LOL Yes, I am going out of the box.

My main wish for Christina on this album is to pick her spot. I love that her vocals can do R&B, pop and rock. I just want her to pick one section or merge something together and keep it going through.

I honestly think that's one reason why Pink's album did not do good. Remember Mizzaunderstood had rock, r&b and pop? Then Try this! has more rock. It did not do good with her fans and the reason is because she cut out the pop and r&b that made her famous.

Love,
Remedy
Old 02-17-2004, 12:37 PM
MST Manager

I felt like Pink didn't know what she wanted to sound like, or what she wanted to do w/ her albums, at times. I understand wanting to have versatility and diversity, but I don't think you should go away from the sound that made you successful. Especially, if it was good. I mean, I am not a *huge* Pink fan, but everytime I heard something from her albums, I was always thinkin', what is she going for this time? I don't know. I just wasn't feelin' it most of the time.

See? I'm here. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, I meant more a picture of Christina close-up and then the background would be something of Rachel's drawinds or vice versa!

Btw, ITA w/ you and Nik that the whole reason Pink's 3rd album didn't do so good b/c she wasn't sure either what direction she was going. I really liked her Mizzunderstood album but this new recent one, didn't grab my attention at all, like I thought it would.

So that's why I think Christina should go straight to R&B and then maybe later try rock like her Fighter song. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23:
<STRONG>Btw, ITA w/ you and Nik that the whole reason Pink's 3rd album didn't do so good b/c she wasn't sure either what direction she was going. I really liked her Mizzunderstood album but this new recent one, didn't grab my attention at all, like I thought it would.

So that's why I think Christina should go straight to R&B and then maybe later try rock like her Fighter song. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]</STRONG>
ITA with your post Pat, this is the main reason why I am so freaking happy with Clive Davis over RCA. Clive is not stupid he knows that he has two female heavyweights on his label. Alicia and Christina .

I see Clive pushing Christina in one direction and promoting her the same way he promotes Alicia. It is more of talent with Clive then imagery.

The fact that she is writing now is also good I am expecting something to drop by the end of 2005. Then a Latin one right after, I would love for her to do two Latin albums back to back. Then take some time off and drop another album.

Also, I have been listening to Norah Jones, Joss Stone and Anthony Hamilton CD’s. I love the sultry and the pain of their voice. I wonder what Christina is listening to right now; it could just give you a peak of what her next album might contain.

Here’s a question for you Pat and Chris [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] What album do you wish that Christina would listen to get some inspiration from?

Love,
Remedy

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited Remedy ]

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited Remedy ]
Old 02-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Anthony Hamilton rocks like no other. I would love for her to listen to his CD. He was nominate for a couple of Grammy; however lost to Beyonce. It is a shame because the album is beautiful. Check it out Pat.

I would love for her to listen to
Anthony Hamilton Com’in from where I’m from
Calvin Richardson 02:35PM
Anything from Sade
Amel Larrieux infinite possibilities

I would not be surprise if you haven’t heard of any of these people except for Sade. However, Amel was the lead voice in Groove Theory. Her album is nice, Anthony Hamilton did a duet with Nappy Roots called PoFolks. Again, I more of a R&B and Rock girl; however on the R&B tip right now.

Joss Stone has a nice voice, I have her CD it is basically just covers; however done very well. I can see her taking home New Artist next year.

You know what a friend told me? Mariah was suppose to do a duet with Marshall on his last album and it did not work out. See everyone is working with us for this duet Pat. Yes, Chris I know how you feel about Marshall, I just want a duet that’s all. Just wonder if people will lose respect for her for doing a duet with him?

Love,
Remedy
Old 02-19-2004, 10:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I want Christina to do more exploration on her ballad and soul. She has a powerful voice. And well, it would be even more powerful if she keeps training it. And yes, I agree with the exotic instrument. I was listening to Baby Boy the other day and I realized, it's kind of exciting. I love the beat and music,,

I want her to stay away from hip hop. I have to admit that she did pretty well in CHUD, but as I said I want her to be more focused on the ballad and soul. We've seen her this far. And it's not a dissappointing view. So I really want the world to know that well, images doesn't have to affect the real wonder.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

You know what a friend told me? Mariah was suppose to do a duet with Marshall on his last album and it did not work out. See everyone is working with us for this duet Pat. Yes, Chris I know how you feel about Marshall, I just want a duet that’s all. Just wonder if people will lose respect for her for doing a duet with him?
I've heard about that but never thought they seriously considered doing it. Don't think I can see that though...Mariah and Eminem doing a song together and video. Hmm seems a little off...while I can totally see a Christina/Eminem duet.

I don't think Em's fans will loose respect for him if they are truly fans! Plus I don't think Em will bow down easily..he does what he wants and w/ who he wants. Plus he ain't a little punk like Fred "too old" Durst is. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

In fact I think they both might even get a little more respect from fans since they both would be able to put there past behind them. And people would actually see that and there talent...there not fake artists and have strong opinions on what an artist/entertainer should be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Deeta, great post and ITA.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:00 PM
MST Manager

Norah Jones' first CD kicked so much ass. I haven't gotten the 2nd one yet, but I really loved the first one. I have both of Alicia Keys' albums, and I must admit, I really loved the first one better. I saw her perform most of those songs live, and she was AMAZING. I think that may be why I liked it better. But, in any event, I am getting used to the 2nd CD and she definitely showcases her musical talent more on this one.

ETA: Christina getting inspiration from Lauryn Hill? Hmm. I am feelin' you on that one, Pat. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-20-2004: Message edited NikNak ]
Old 02-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure how true this may be [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
MTV Article: Chingy May Tour With Christina This Spring

The 23-year-old has found himself with no less than three potential tours on his hands. He's already rocking 45-minute solo sets as part of the Disturbing Tha Peace Tour. This summer, he'll make his encore appearance on the second Rock the Mic tour. But he'll rap for a different type of audience in the spring with a pop queen.

According to his management and record label, Ching-a-ling is close to inking a deal that would see him join a Christina Aguilera tour kicking off in April. However, a spokesperson for Aguilera's label was unaware of a spring tour.

"They reached out to us, they want Chingy," Jeff Dixon, one of Chingy's managers, said Thursday. "That's how it's going to go down. We just try to keep the balance. He's doing this [DTP] tour, which is grass-roots level, then he does Christina, then he goes right back to hip-hop, to the Rock the Mic tour with 50 Cent and G-Unit. We try to catch them at all angles."

When not jaunting the country with steel in his hands, Chingy's working on two albums simultaneously. He's recording his second solo LP as well as a full-length with his Get It Boyz crew.

"Crazy, that's all I can say," said Chaka Zulu Ñ Dixon's brother, business partner and co-CEO of Disturbing Tha Peace Ñ about the sophomore project titled The Soul of St. Louis. "Chingy's going to surprise people because The Soul of St. Louis is a reflective, introspective record about him and his city. As big as Nelly is and Chingy has gotten, no one has ever explained what St. Louis is. A lot of people don't know that a lot of musicians come from St Louis. Ike and Tina Turner, Chuck Berry and Red Foxx was born in St. Louis. People have not explained or discovered what it is. We switched 'The Spirit of St. Louis' to The Soul of St. Louis: the underbelly, the blackness, the people."

Since blowing up, Chingy has run across a few townies a little too spirited. He discovered he couldn't maintain the same lifestyle or residence after selling more than 2 million albums.

"We just keep talking to him," Dixon said. "Chingy don't even see how big he is. When he moved back to St. Lou, we had to tell him to move into a gated community because people are gonna start walking to your door and digging in your garbage can. He didn't believe me. He's really seeing what it is now. Moneywise, this dude was dead broke. He was damn near homeless. It's a different transition, but he's so busy he don't even see it right now."

The wavy-haired prince of the Lou isn't the only one of his compatriots in schedule hyperdrive. Both I-20 and Shawnna have albums coming out during the next few months, and Ludacris wants to release his Red Light District in the winter (see "Ludacris Visits Red Light District On Upcoming Album"). Cris, also in talks to join Lollapalooza, just signed up with Anheuser-Busch to endorse Budweiser beer and starts filming his starring role as a disc jockey in "Radio" in May.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Probably a better duet instead of Chingy... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
Backstreet Boys wants to collaborate with Christina Aguilera (Details Magazine)

According to Kevin Richardson, of The Backstreet Boys, the pop group is anticipating their return to the spotlight with a new/album as well as individual side projects to maintain. The group is anxious for the fans to hear their new/album, due out later this year.

"We have been recording and gathering new ideas for this new/album", Richardson explains. "It's definetly something for the fans who have supported us throughout the years. This will be a special/album for them."

Noted as one of the biggest pop groups of all tme, The Backstreet Boys realize the pressure they face once the album is released.

"There is definetly a pressure there, not only for us to meet our fans expectations but also our own. We are confident, yet nervous at the same time."

Pop icon Christina Aguilera is on their roster as a hopeful collaborator.

"There is a song we all co-wrote together". A ballad; Kevin describes as "reminiscent of Mariah Carey's "One Sweet Day". "We have everything ready but we need a female vocalist to record the verses. Our hopes are set on Christina Aguilera, so we hope she can do it".

I bet Rem is glad to hear about that...now we have to wait and see if Christina agrees to do it. Not sure if the "Mariah Carey" comment will go too well w/ Christina though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

I think if Christina did something like that, she needs to do it with someone like Brian McKnight.
Old 02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that Christina should do the BSB duet, mainly cause I'm interesting to hear how all there voices would mesh. I really liked the duet she did w/ Ricky Martin in 'Noboby Wants to be Lonely' so I think this one would be probably better. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
(Btw if Christina declines to do it, I'm thinking they could get somebody like Kelly Clarkson maybe)

Christina on tour w/ Chingy...just can't see it. She just came off a tour w/ Justin and I can't see her going right back on the road w/ 'Stripped' again.

I wouldn't mind Christina listening to some old-school Whitney Houston albums. I did love how she sang "Run to You' at the BET Awards, a few years back! If only she could do a rendition of 'I'll Will Always Love You', I'd die happy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also think it would be nice to hear another duet between Brian McKnight and Christina again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]