Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-09-2004, 05:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Pat, has any of Trina singles leaked out yet?

I notice that Christina touring starts in a couple of weeks; however, no PR about it. Wonder what RCA and Christina is planning.

Love,

Rem
Old 04-12-2004, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, I've been keeping an eye out for that but I haven't heard anything yet. When does Trina album come out? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I also find it weird that Christina or RCA is promoting her upcoming tour. I don't get it...

I'm still trying to get tickets...I really want to see her again. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 06:46 AM
Addicted Fan

I posted this on the news section; however, it deals with the topics we have been discussing.

Aguilera Eyes Stone Collaboration
[Singapore - 12 April 2004]

Pop diva Christina Aguilera is desperate to record with British soul sensation Joss Stone - because she's in awe of the teenager's incredible voice.

According to sources close to the singer, Christina is desperate to record a duet with the singer, whose overwhelmed to have such a high-profile fan.

A source says, "Christina's gone absolutely mad for this girl. She loves her voice and all she's talking about is singing with her. She's called Joss a couple of times already and Joss is as excited about it too." (WENN)

I am very excited about this. Again, Pat I think we are on the right track of what her album might contain. More of the soul and funk.

Love,

Rem
Old 04-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, thanks for posting that and it also makes me excited about everything we've talked about so far. I'm glad to hear that Christina is a Joss Stone fan and even wants to work w/ her. You don't often hear Christina saying artists she wants to work w/.
I can't wait to hear a collaboration between the two...they'd blow the roof off w/ there voices!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Addicted Fan

ITA with you Pat. There voices will do nice together. I just hope that she release as a single. I still believe that Impossible would have done wonders on the charts if she had release the single to radio. Then again, if I was her I would have release Infatuation, Impossible, Fighter, Beautiful and Singing my Song.

We also have a good idea of what is playing in her CD. From Prince, to the funk to Joss Stone, I really can see the big band more and more. Nice move on her part. I am hoping that after this tour and the single with Trina that she moves away from commercial hip hop. I would love for her to work with Redman again but something different then a beat he used. Reggie has major lyrics so he should be able to throw some major stuff down.

I heard that Boys to Men are working with Backstreet so maybe the Christina thing is not going to work for there next album.

Love,

Rem
Old 04-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still believe that Impossible would have done wonders on the charts if she had release the single to radio. Then again, if I was her I would have release Infatuation, Impossible, Fighter, Beautiful and Singing my Song.

Same here, I thought Impossible would have been the best single to follow Fighter instead. Also help showing off her versatility in music types and while Can't Hold Us Down has a good message, I could have done w/out it and the video. My picks of singles would have been: Dirrty, Beautiful, Fighter, Impossible and Infatuation. And maybe if possible...Singing my Song. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

We also have a good idea of what is playing in her CD. From Prince, to the funk to Joss Stone, I really can see the big band more and more. Nice move on her part. I am hoping that after this tour and the single with Trina that she moves away from commercial hip hop. I would love for her to work with Redman again but something different then a beat he used. Reggie has major lyrics so he should be able to throw some major stuff down.

ITA w/ you. Less hip-hop and more soul and funk music. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I heard that Boys to Men are working with Backstreet so maybe the Christina thing is not going to work for there next album.

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I'm guessing maybe Christina didn't have time to record that song they wanted her to. If so, that's a good sign there willing to wait for her and only her to sing it. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Going to lunch now.... [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Pat do you know that we have wrote four pages of what we want to happen with Christina next album. Yeah there were other people that stop by and stuff but it is been me and you. I had to re-read what in the world we wrote. After doing that I have to bring some things back up. LOL

You stated that you would like for Christina to collaborate with R&B vocals. Anyone you have in mind?

I would love for her to work with Deborah Cox, Anthony Hamilton, Musiq or Tank. I feel that will bring out nice vocals from her. [b ]Can Christina get love from R&B fans?[/b] There are a lot of vocalists out there that are not the stereotype of what is R&B ( Jon B, Teena Marie, Taylor Dane and Remy) however; they really are lost in the shuffle. Do you think that Christina can avoid getting lost and stand tall next to Mary J?

What’s the difference between rock and funk? I remember reading one of your post saying that you love Fighter. When you are driving that’s the best song to drive with; however, I wonder what in the world is the difference between Rock and funk. Doesn’t George Clinton have some rock to it? Or is funk the Urban of Rock?

Do we want radio friendly songs on this album? I am really torn with this one. I love Walk away, singing my song and Soar yet these songs were four to five minutes long. Three minutes longer than what is played on the radio. I really don’t want her to stop flowing just because it is pass two minutes; yet I still want radio to play it.

Love,

Rem
Old 04-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pat do you know that we have wrote four pages of what we want to happen with Christina next album. Yeah there were other people that stop by and stuff but it is been me and you. I had to re-read what in the world we wrote. After doing that I have to bring some things back up. LOL

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

You stated that you would like for Christina to collaborate with R&B vocals. Anyone you have in mind?

Not sure..what do you think of a collaboration between Christina and Mary J. Blige? Think that could work. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I would love for her to work with Deborah Cox, Anthony Hamilton, Musiq or Tank. I feel that will bring out nice vocals from her.

ITA with you on that though I'm not very familiar w/ Anthony Hamilton. But I'll take your word for it! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Can Christina get love from R&B fans? There are a lot of vocalists out there that are not the stereotype of what is R&B ( Jon B, Teena Marie, Taylor Dane and Remy) however; they really are lost in the shuffle. Do you think that Christina can avoid getting lost and stand tall next to Mary J?

I think it's possible for Christina to get love from the R&B fans, but everything has to be right. From the music to the song to even how she dresses might hurt or break her. But I'm sure she'll make it, everyone knows what incredible voice she has, now if we can only get the right people to work w/ her.

What’s the difference between rock and funk? I remember reading one of your post saying that you love Fighter. When you are driving that’s the best song to drive with; however, I wonder what in the world is the difference between Rock and funk. Doesn’t George Clinton have some rock to it? Or is funk the Urban of Rock?[

You know I always wondered that too but I think you got it down, funk is more like the urban rock. George Clinton definitely has that funk going on w/ his music.

As for her Fighter song, maybe later down the road she can do more rock songs like that. Of course she has the voice for it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Do we want radio friendly songs on this album? I am really torn with this one. I love Walk away, singing my song and Soar yet these songs were four to five minutes long. Three minutes longer than what is played on the radio. I really don’t want her to stop flowing just because it is pass two minutes; yet I still want radio to play it.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Not sure..what do you think of a collaboration between Christina and Mary J. Blige? Think that could work.

I think this will give something to talk about. Remember Christina has never shared a duet with someone one with vocal abilities. Yes, she shared the stage with Patti at the Grammy’s; however, Patti her note and Christina just sat back and watch. I really feel that doing a duet with someone on the level as Mary would actually help Christina. I am for this duet, just no freaking ballad. Can someone explain to me when you bring to females with major vocals you have them do a freaking duet?

I'm not very familiar w/ Anthony Hamilton. But I'll take your word for it!

Pat, you NEED to check out Anthony Hamilton. Serious, this man has major vocals and arrangements on this CD that sleeping on it is uncalled for. I promise if you do not like the CD I will return your money. (Trust me you will not get it back. This CD rocks!)

R&B and Christina ITA with you on the timing. If she slowly moves into this it can work. Urban market is funny sometimes. Since she missed using Lady Marmalade for her introduction and when she perform at the 1st BET Awards. I guess having Chingy opening for her makes since. I just hope that she does a BET Walk of Fame performance or something.

Love,

Rem
Old 04-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I just noticed that I forgot to answer your last question to your previous post. About having radio friendly version songs or not, and I have to agree w/ you and say I'm torn about it too. While I don't want to hear a shorter version of any Christina song, b/c there's a reason why there like in that first place. But maybe sometimes it's necessary, I would have loved to have heard Walk Away on the radio but maybe not if they quickened or shortened it up. I dunno...it takes something away from the song, IMO.

I think this will give something to talk about. Remember Christina has never shared a duet with someone one with vocal abilities. Yes, she shared the stage with Patti at the Grammy’s; however, Patti her note and Christina just sat back and watch. I really feel that doing a duet with someone on the level as Mary would actually help Christina. I am for this duet, just no freaking ballad. Can someone explain to me when you bring to females with major vocals you have them do a freaking duet?

Same here, I'd love to hear a duet w/ them.

Pat, you NEED to check out Anthony Hamilton. Serious, this man has major vocals and arrangements on this CD that sleeping on it is uncalled for. I promise if you do not like the CD I will return your money. (Trust me you will not get it back. This CD rocks!)

Well since you put it that way, then I promise I have to check out his CD. I know anything you recommend must be good! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

R&B and Christina ITA with you on the timing. If she slowly moves into this it can work. Urban market is funny sometimes. Since she missed using Lady Marmalade for her introduction and when she perform at the 1st BET Awards. I guess having Chingy opening for her makes since. I just hope that she does a BET Walk of Fame performance or something.

ITA w/ you...and I'd love to see that too. Christina getting props for that. Plus I doubt any other "pop artists" could manage to sing a Whitney Houston song. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-16-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 04-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Addicted Fan

Christina and Joss after watching Joss perform on Diva’s. I am very excited to see this duo work together. Again, as I stated before Pat I would prefer an upbeat song than a freaking ballad. I can see the Grammy voters eating that up.

Tour with Christina doing a 20-40 sounds, is this the take on the album? She stated that she is testing the waters out, I am not so sure if I want to hear a cabaret?

Love,

Remedy
Old 04-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I still haven't watched all of the Vh1 Divas but just some parts like when Joss sings w/ Patti Labelle and Jessica Simpson. This girl's voice is incredible and I can just imagine hearing it along side w/ Christina's would definitely take it to another level!!

I really wished I was going to go see Christina again but it seems like I won't be able to. But it's interesting to hear her say she's going more for the 20's to 40's feel. Like you said, I hope it's not so much cabaret but more about the voice. I heard one songs on her set list will be Billie Holiday's "Nobody's Business". I SO want to hear Christina sing that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Glad to hear that she'll be recording her next album after she's finished w/ this tour. Maybe it will be out next January like you said.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Question: Is it wrong for me to be pleased that this concert is not happening? I know that we would get a taste to see what her new album might have; however, I think this situation is a blessing for her.

One of the problems that we discuss is her over singing on some songs. Remember when we said that depending on the song she should or should not do it. Just maybe this happen because, she needs to control the vocals a little bit better. I am proud that on the Justified and Stripped tour that she did the interviews before the concert and had Justin do more. She is learning to focus on her vocals, I hope this brings better materials out of her then something really quick.

Here’s something to think about Usher only has four albums out. He’s been out longer than Christina yet he only has four. It took his 2nd Album to find what he wants to do, his 3rd to confirm his path and this album is doing beyond well. I was watching MTV, ( Yes, I know) Sway was doing an interview with Prince. Prince was talking about how there are no musicians out here. He wasn’t inspire by anyone to go into the studio but only two people. Again, another topic that AMC has talked about for years. So I am glad that she’s not doing the concert instead focusing on her vocals and this album.

Fingers, cross for a February release date then she can perform at the Grammy.

Love,

Remedy
Old 05-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Question: Is it wrong for me to be pleased that this concert is not happening? I know that we would get a taste to see what her new album might have; however, I think this situation is a blessing for her.

I don't think it's wrong that your pleased her tour got canceled but it sucks to hear for the reason why. I hope she gets the much needed rest for her voice and comes back stronger than before. Plus I have to agree that I didn't want to see this tour happen, so your not the only one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

One of the problems that we discuss is her over singing on some songs. Remember when we said that depending on the song she should or should not do it. Just maybe this happen because, she needs to control the vocals a little bit better.

ITA and I'm sure her staff has told her the same since her voice is her gold and she needs to take care of it. I'm just glad that the vocal strains were b/c of singing and not doing other stuff like smoking, drinking, drugs, etc.

Here’s something to think about Usher only has four albums out. He’s been out longer than Christina yet he only has four. It took his 2nd Album to find what he wants to do, his 3rd to confirm his path and this album is doing beyond well. I was watching MTV, ( Yes, I know) Sway was doing an interview with Prince. Prince was talking about how there are no musicians out here. He wasn’t inspire by anyone to go into the studio but only two people. Again, another topic that AMC has talked about for years. So I am glad that she’s not doing the concert instead focusing on her vocals and this album.

Interesting tidbit on Usher, didn't know that. Hopefully Christina can do the same too w/ her 3rd album. I wonder what Prince thiks of Christina's music? I remember when she won at the Grammys he was sitting front row and didn't show any types of emitons when she won. At least she wasn't the only one he did that too.

Fingers, cross for a February release date then she can perform at the Grammy.

I'd would love to see that...talk about great media marketing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Question: Do you think the collabo w/ Joss Stone will be on her 3rd album?

[ 05-03-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I was thinking now that Christina canceled her tour w/ Chingy...do you think it be a good idea to release another single off Stripped? Or just let that album die down now that she's working on her new one?

I think it would be a great idea if she did release another single. Maybe Impossible w/ Alicia Keys in the video. I think that be off the hook!!

Either that one or Infatuation so she could sing that one at the Latin Grammys.