Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, same here, not sure why she's going out on tour again and w/ Chingy. Last time on her apperance at the Dave Letterman show she stated that she was glad the Justified & Stripped tour was over cause she was tired of all the traveling. Yet she's going out on tour again in the States and Canada. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I hope she releases like press statement or is interviewed pretty soon.

On another note, maybe this will be another step to put her foot more in the R&B category as she releases her 3rd album. You think?

I'm thinking maybe Chingy and Christina will duet unlike Justin and Christina.

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 03-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just thought of another duet that could possibly be really good. What do you think of a Christina and Usher duet? Both have great soulful voices. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Btw, have ya heard him diss Justin? New beef in music... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay, this might sound funny; however, I was thinking Christina should have hooked up with Usher for this quick 20 something tour? Seriously, that would just rock in my book. I am not sure if I would want a duet with them together, yet I know that it would be interesting. Funny, how I would rather her do a duet with an R&B cat then a hip hop one?

I am not surprise with Justin’s diss. Usher knows that no one can stop him. Remember when Sisqo said he was the best? I do not expect Justin to say anything against Usher. Knowing Justin, he will come out and say, “I am a fan of Usher.”

What about a Gerald Levert combo? I am trying to remember the Latin quartet that song with NSYNC at the first Latin Grammy awards? I would love for Christina to work with them.

This brings up a good point how many collaborations would you want on this album? I am thinking maybe one or two, not that much. She did three on the last album, I would like her to continue to do less than more.

Also, not sure if Christina is doing a movie or not; however, if she does let’s hope she does a song and it gets a nod for a Oscar.

Talk to you soon.
Love,
Rem
Old 03-09-2004, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey that doesn't sound like a bad idea, heck it's definitely better than Christina touring w/ Chingy. I still don't get that. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Sorry but I don't remember when Sisqo said Usher was the best. But I also think it was about to come up sooner or later, Justin and Usher being compared. I'll favor Usher a bit more though! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I agree that I doubt Justin will say anything back...it be funny to see them have a dance off though! (LMAO @ Christina's "You Got Served Skit" on SNL [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] )

Really don't remember the group that sang w/ Nsync' at the Latin Grammys. But I think it was Son by FOur, which if I recall right, aren't together anymore! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I agree that I don't want that many collaborations on her 3rd album, I want it to be focused on her as a singer and not who she duets this time w/.

Like you said, if she would come out on a movie, it be great if she was able to hit the main theme song. And for the Oscar nom or win would be ten times better! 4 Grammys and a Oscar... [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Sisqo and Usher: Remember when the Thong Song blew up? Well during that time so did Sisqo ego. He felt that no male R&B artists (Ginwinue, Usher and etc) could top him. He was bragging about the Grammy nods he had (went home with none). So he threw out a challenge to Usher. Usher called him a “One hit wonder” something like that.

Usher vs. Justin: Maybe it is the fact that I just never saw the R&B in Justin as everyone else did. I just saw another Corey Feldman copying Michael. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the video of Cry me a river I really do not think that he would have blown up like he did. I love Usher’s music I can not say the same for Justin. I just don’t see how in the world Justin could match up to Usher. Then again, I am more of R&B and not the commercial type so my view of what’s R&B is not going to be the same as everyone else.

Son by Four Yes, that’s the group. Not together? Well, just bringing the one that had the lead vocals and Christina together. That would just do me find. LOL I really love his vocals in that song, you could just hear the pain and he is more of an alto and tenor which I always felt sounds good with a soprano.

Collaborations Good to know that I am not the only one feeling her doing to many collaborations on this album. Actually, I would love for her to not do any on this album; however, on her Spanish one it would be nice to see her do work with other Latin Artists and not just the popular American ones. Is that wrong of me? I mean yes, she did something with Ricky and Enquire; however, the fact that I want her to do work with artists that are not know here. I really do not know much of Latin music do you know who her voice would sound just breathtaking with?

Did she win an award for My Reflection ? Yes, I agree a Oscar win would really do something for her. Small role in the movie and the main song from the video. Very nice indeed.

That is it Pat, pack your bags we are going to head to RCA and tell them that we are working for Christina now. LOL

Here’s a question for you Pat, if she’s on tour when is the next album likely to come out? I really do not think that RCA could afford for her to take off for another two years again.

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Rem
Old 03-10-2004, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

Sisqo and Usher: Remember when the Thong Song blew up? Well during that time so did Sisqo ego. He felt that no male R&B artists (Ginwinue, Usher and etc) could top him. He was bragging about the Grammy nods he had (went home with none). So he threw out a challenge to Usher. Usher called him a “One hit wonder” something like that.

Oh okay now I remember. LMAO Sisqo was really a one hit wonder w/ that song! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Of all those guys I prefer Usher too.

Quote:
Usher vs. Justin: Maybe it is the fact that I just never saw the R&B in Justin as everyone else did. I just saw another Corey Feldman copying Michael. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the video of Cry me a river I really do not think that he would have blown up like he did. I love Usher’s music I can not say the same for Justin. I just don’t see how in the world Justin could match up to Usher. Then again, I am more of R&B and not the commercial type so my view of what’s R&B is not going to be the same as everyone else.

Like I said above, I prefer Usher and he's definitely more R&B soul than Justin will ever be. I still don't understand how people can say Justin is R&B, just b/c he worked w/ a few hip-hop acts. Don't even get me started on him performing at the Soul Train awards. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
Son by Four Yes, that’s the group. Not together? Well, just bringing the one that had the lead vocals and Christina together. That would just do me find. LOL I really love his vocals in that song, you could just hear the pain and he is more of an alto and tenor which I always felt sounds good with a soprano.

I think the singer went solo and should be bringing something out. But I agree that he has a very nice voice that would compliment Christina's. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Collaborations Good to know that I am not the only one feeling her doing to many collaborations on this album. Actually, I would love for her to not do any on this album; however, on her Spanish one it would be nice to see her do work with other Latin Artists and not just the popular American ones. Is that wrong of me? I mean yes, she did something with Ricky and Enquire; however, the fact that I want her to do work with artists that are not know here. I really do not know much of Latin music do you know who her voice would sound just breathtaking with?
I don't think it's wrong to have her duet w/ no so famous Latin artists. I liked the duet between Christina and Ricky but I forgot what duet she did w/ Enrique? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] But I'm glad she did some duets already w/ them, there big names in the Latin community. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hmm can't really think of any other artists Christina could work w/. I'm picky w/ my Latin music and don't like all that is out there. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

[quote]Did she win an award for My Reflection ?[/qupte]

She won a Latin Grammy for Mi Reflejo, is that what you mean? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
That is it Pat, pack your bags we are going to head to RCA and tell them that we are working for Christina now. LOL

Hey I'm right behind ya on that! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Here’s a question for you Pat, if she’s on tour when is the next album likely to come out? I really do not think that RCA could afford for her to take off for another two years again.

That's what I was thinking too, when will she have time to work on her album while touring. I'm pretty sure she has some songs/poems written down but it takes some time to get everything down. But maybe this won't be so bad and her writing is at her peak while touring. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Soul train Awards: I blame that on getting the broadcasting system and the lazy journalists. Sometimes it just makes me sick to that these people feel that the 18-34 group has ADD. Sorry to hurt their feelings; however, we don’t need all that glitter to keep our ADD glue to the screen. Sorry, another AMC rant was about to come out and I really don’t think people on this board besides you and Chris could deal with it. LOL

Latin and R&B Music picky good to know that your picky like I am when it comes to music. I know whoever you choose will be a good pick. Remember your part of the AMC family. We have great taste in music.

Tour/Writing: If she takes what is been going on in her life RIGHT now then I can see some good things coming out. She has a lot to work with, just work with Scott, Heather and Rob along with Rudy. That’s one thing I like about Janet she stays with Jimmy Jam and Terry, and each album you can hear the growth. I also wouldn’t mind her working with Missy again.

Love,
Rem
Old 03-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I was thinking w/ her new tour going to start, I don't think she'll have time to record BSB's song they want her to. Bummer...would have been nice to hear though.

Quote:
Latin and R&B Music picky good to know that your picky like I am when it comes to music. I know whoever you choose will be a good pick. Remember your part of the AMC family. We have great taste in music.
You know I just thought of a producer that Christina could work w/ and maybe come out w/ some great things. AB Quintanilla, the late Selena's brother, that produced and wrote most of all her songs that became a hit and classics! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Tour/Writing: If she takes what is been going on in her life RIGHT now then I can see some good things coming out. She has a lot to work with, just work with Scott, Heather and Rob along with Rudy. That’s one thing I like about Janet she stays with Jimmy Jam and Terry, and each album you can hear the growth. I also wouldn’t mind her working with Missy again.
I think she has been writing especially how busy she's been this year. I just hope we get it sooner than Stripped but not too rushed either. Does that make sense? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Maybe Christina's "Jimmy Jam and Terry" can be Alicia Keys or Scott, Heather and Rob? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Fan

BSB it all depends on when they are going recorded it. Her first tour date is not until May 13 which is three ½ months away. So don’t give up hope for a song with them. Besides, if it does not happen on this album, I can see it happening down the line. The world needs to hear AJ and Christina’s voice together. LOL

AB Quintanilla did he produce Frankie J? If so then yes, I would love for her to work with him. Selena touched on the Latin and R&B thing that I am talking about. I really enjoy listening to the big band dancing in my ears with her vocals. She is very much missed. Okay, for Producers we have on our “wish list” Rudy, Scott, AB, Heather and Rob. Did we miss anyone?

Keys not so sure I want her producing anything for Christina again. As I stated before, Impossible sound too much of Alicia than Christina. Maybe if she produces something that has a differ sound then I might change my mind.

Album delivery ITA with you. I feel early 2005 it should drop for her. Who knows maybe performing the single at the Grammy’s and then dropping the album on that Tuesday. Now that’s a great way to promote an album.

Jimmy and Terry I honestly believe that Rob and Heather are here Jimmy and Terry. They have been on both albums and they literally push Christina in ways that I don’t think other producers could with her. I also feel the same way with Scott. When I listen to Soar, Singing my song, Walk Way, Fighter I could tell that she is open up more. Then when I listen to Beautiful, Makeover it just sounds force to me. Don’t get me wrong I love Beautiful, and the vocals of the song; however, when I hear Singing my song and that note at the end, along with the different vocals she brings on it. My mouth always drop open or I start clapping. Does that make sense?

I am also wondering how she is going to do this concert different then before? Since all her dancers are signed with Britney or Janet I believe that she might just focus on vocals. Give these 14 girls that sweat Chingy something to scream about.

Love,

Rem
Old 03-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

I love Dru Hill, but Sisqo is alot like K-Ci from Jodeci, not the best voice but wants the spotlight. I don't like Usher, but i don't hate him.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>I love Dru Hill, but Sisqo is alot like K-Ci from Jodeci, not the best voice but wants the spotlight. I don't like Usher, but i don't hate him.</STRONG>

Quotes like these are the reason why I love you.

Love,
Rem
Old 03-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
BSB it all depends on when they are going recorded it. Her first tour date is not until May 13 which is three ½ months away. So don’t give up hope for a song with them. Besides, if it does not happen on this album, I can see it happening down the line. The world needs to hear AJ and Christina’s voice together. LOL
I hear ya Rem. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
AB Quintanilla did he produce Frankie J? If so then yes, I would love for her to work with him. Selena touched on the Latin and R&B thing that I am talking about. I really enjoy listening to the big band dancing in my ears with her vocals. She is very much missed.
Yea I think he did and did a great job w/ him. Frankie J has a nice voice. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I agree w/ you on that Selena touched the Latin and R&B thing, especially way before J.Lo. Not sure if you seen the Selena movie but at the beginning when she's singing all those classic songs in english like I Will Survive. If you could have seen the actual Selena singing those songs was amazing, her voice was off the hook and showcased her versatility. Something I think we both want Christina to move in that direction. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Okay, for Producers we have on our “wish list” Rudy, Scott, AB, Heather and Rob. Did we miss anyone?
That list looks good to me!

Quote:
Keys not so sure I want her producing anything for Christina again. As I stated before, Impossible sound too much of Alicia than Christina. Maybe if she produces something that has a differ sound then I might change my mind.
I see what you mean...but maybe she can play the piano for one of Christina's songs though. I liked there interaction in her MTV Diary. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Album delivery ITA with you. I feel early 2005 it should drop for her. Who knows maybe performing the single at the Grammy’s and then dropping the album on that Tuesday. Now that’s a great way to promote an album.
Early 2005 sounds good to me but I wonder if next year can her other songs like The Voice Within still be nominated for a Grammy? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
Jimmy and Terry I honestly believe that Rob and Heather are here Jimmy and Terry. They have been on both albums and they literally push Christina in ways that I don’t think other producers could with her. I also feel the same way with Scott. When I listen to Soar, Singing my song, Walk Way, Fighter I could tell that she is open up more. Then when I listen to Beautiful, Makeover it just sounds force to me. Don’t get me wrong I love Beautiful, and the vocals of the song; however, when I hear Singing my song and that note at the end, along with the different vocals she brings on it. My mouth always drop open or I start clapping. Does that make sense?
Don't worry it all makes sense, in those songs you mentioned she sure seems more open than ever before. You could sense her anger in Fighter while in Walk Away you could sense her vulnerability. While in Soar and Singing my Song you could sense her courage and strength. Which ITA w/ you too, her vocals in that song are just amazing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I am also wondering how she is going to do this concert different then before? Since all her dancers are signed with Britney or Janet I believe that she might just focus on vocals. Give these 14 girls that sweat Chingy something to scream about.
Heck that was one of the first things I was wondering too, how it was going to be different. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Unless she decides to slow down her songs like she did w/ Come On Over Baby version.

Do you plan to go see her though?

The tickets in my area go on sale next week and I'll proably buy some. Even w/ Chingy there, I can't pass up this chance to see my girl live again! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2004, 06:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Selena I thought that was Selena's voice and Jennifer lip sync through the songs? I heard a couple of songs by Selena and thought that her vocals were just beautiful. Yes, I wanted Christina to continue to showcase her vocals as she did with Stripped I just want her more grounded in the direction she is going to. Pink comes to mind when I think of someone going west with her latest album. I do not want that to happen with Christina.
Keys and Aguilera I love the interaction between them. It's a shame that we do not continue to see them together. It would have been nice to see Alicia playing the piano at the AMA's. I would love for them to work together but, as a duet though.
Grammy nominate I believe so that she could be up for a Grammy nod. Wasn’t she up twice from Christina Aguilera? I don’t see her taking it though. I see it going it between Alicia Keys, Norah Jones and Joss Stone in that category. We will just have to wait and see.

She’s not coming to the DC/MD area so I don’t see myself going.

Love,

Rem
Old 03-15-2004, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea Jennifer lip-synched Selena's songs but I meant if you could have seen the original performance Selena gave instead of J.Lo, it was amazing!

Next year's Grammys are going to be tough w/ Alicia, Norah and Joss in em'. Looking forward to all that. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

This may sound like a vain question but would you like Christina to keep her black hair for the 3rd album?

I would, it's just not the same seeing her if she went to blonde.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Dark Hair I am glad that she went to the dark side. I really do not want her to ever go back blonde. When I look at her with blonde hair she looks so young and then when I see her with dark hair she looks older.

I feel rob that I never heard Selena sing live. Don’t you hate that some people your fans of you will never get a chance to hear them sing live.

Next Year Grammy’s is going to bring it back to the basics, I hope. I just hope that the grammy voters start to vote on talent instead of whose has freaking commercial success.

Love,
Rem