Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Two weeks, Pat. Yes, it took me two weeks to remember my freaking password. LOL so now I am back and boy do I have a lot of things to freaking say.

Her look again, I believe this is a glimpse of where she is going with or just maybe I am looking more into it then anyone else. With the less dance numbers from her last album, I really think she is going to move towards the big band sound. Her 50's and 30's theme and vibe that she is touching on from her outfits to what she stated for the tour with Chingy, leads me to that way.

Makes me wonder though, how Clive is going to react to this. I know that he’s suppose to know talent; however that means nothing now a days. Look at the whole American Idol thing. Forget the votes debate I am talking about the fact that William Hung is getting any type of freaking air play.

Sorry, didn’t mean to go off track. I hope that Joss and Christina work together on this album or even Joss next one. I would also love to hear Anastasia and Christina going at it.

Talk to you later,

Oh and congrats on the mod thing.

Love,

Rem
Old 05-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, glad you were able to finally remember your password....not the same w/ out you here.

Hair Look. I think it's interesting how she went gradually back to brownish-blonde. It wasn't an overnight thing where everybody started talking about her hair again. I like how she did it this time, quiet and on the down-low. Plus I like the color she has on now, though I also preferred the black too. I wouldn't mind her trying dark auburn like me.

But like you said, I also think it has to do w/ the direction she's moving w/ her music. More of the 50's type of vibe and I can't wait to hear some. I think it will give people once again a new perspective of Christina.

Ditto about William Hung getting any music play...wtf is up w/ that?

Question: Do you think Christina should release another single now that she called off her summer tour? Or should she just let her Stripped album era close already?

I wouldn't mind her releasing one...maybe Impossible.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Question: Do you think Christina should release another single now that she called off her summer tour? Or should she just let her Stripped album era close already?

I wouldn't mind her releasing one...maybe Impossible

No, I really feel that the Stripped era has closed. I want her to really focus on this album. I understand that the doctor has informed her that she needs to rest her vocals. Now that she is doing that I hope she puts her focusing on the instrumental arrangements (IA). This is as important as the vocals - remember the live band feel? Well, if the IA is not intact then the vocals can not flow.

We have talked about this before, the main goal is for Christina to pick a sound. Mistakes from Pink should have her staying up at night. Combine the sounds of Latin and R&B and stay away from Hip-hop. When Rap comes back then we can talk.

I was hearing Prince new song - Call my name? Don’t quote me; however, the song is just beyond sexual and beautiful. I really hope that Christina talk to him and maybe him producing a track or so. You know what Pat, I really think that this album I do not want her to do any duets but; have a few produce a track or so for her. Push her in the direction that she is going to and not look back.

Talk to you soon,

Love

Rem
Old 05-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23

Question: Do you think the collabo w/ Joss Stone will be on her 3rd album?

Or possibly on Joss' CD, as a possible boost. Like new artist gets a CA hook up. Other than people who know her work would notice her on a CA CD. On the other hand, if people still don't know enough about her, and hear her bustin with CA, it might boost her too.

I think i could go either way.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, you got a good point there. It could work wonders for both.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Addicted Fan

I just realize that I have nothing to say about this Pat. LOL, we need to keep this going;however, I am stuck. LOL

Rem
Old 06-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.

Well I like that Christina is still out and about even w/ the canceled tour. She was at the MTV Movie awards, out to restaurants, just having her out there is good.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

I was in and out, but what about thoughts of CA on a full Unplugged, maybe guests like Joss, Brian McKnight, keeping it on the soulful side.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that idea, she needs to do an Unplugged album or something.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 AM
Addicted Fan

Take two. LOL

I would love for her to do an unplugged cd. Maybe a Latin one then an English one. A nice way to do her second Latin album? She can drop her new tracks and do a cover over a couple of songs.

Love,

Rem
Old 06-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Extreme Fan

does anyone know around the time her cd will come out?

myspacee.[/COLOR]

It's not you! It's Woo!
Old 06-28-2004, 04:06 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *NewYork~Sweetie*
does anyone know around the time her cd will come out?
An offical date has not been issued yet. Rumor has it that it could be early 2005.

Remedy
Old 06-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

I wish it wasn't so far way, thanks Remedy for the info!

myspacee.[/COLOR]

It's not you! It's Woo!
Old 06-30-2004, 05:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Pat we have something to talk about now that Christina is dropping hints. (YEAH)! First off, have you heard Hello? You can tell that her vocals are showing sighs of strain. I hope that she does take some time for vocal lessons. Someone should show her a different way to rest her vocals. I really do not want a Stripped 2, and even though I enjoy Hello it sounds just like her last album.

In recent interviews she stated that she is taking it back to 20s and 30s. You know me, I did some research to see what is Ms. Aguilera listening to. From Louis Armstrong to Ella Fitzgerald to Billie Holiday to Judy Garland rounds up the taste of music in that era. I couldn’t find any funk during that time to listening to; however if she’s going for the blues, soul and jazz I can really see her moving towards Sade, Anita Baker Bonnie Raitt which is interesting since Christina has always shown her vocals and that genre is more of an altos than sopranos.

Also, when it comes to songs in that era you really felt the pain Nina Simone, who was named “The Highest Priest of Soul is a very good example of this. She should her struggles and pain in her voice, you felt it. I have a couple of her CD’s and even though she was before her time like others I am not so sure that this generation today could get on board.

You don’t hear a lot of riffs in these songs because, that’s not what the song was about. Music back then, was sung in a smokey club hiding everyone’s secrets as the singers told their story for them. If you were not move by Fantasia’s cover of Summertime I am not sure if you are going to purchase Christina’s next album. That’s the direction it seems that she is going to. As for funk and jazz I really cannot wait to see what she does. Any word on the George Clinton thing? I really think she should stay away from working with others on this album, as for her Spanish album, I still think an unplugged cd would just rock my world.

Love,

Rem
Old 10-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Blows dust off this topic

In Christina news thread I post an article that brought a big smile on my face. Azoff, Asensi Team to Boost Latino Profiles . I really feel that this is a step in the right direction for Christina. As we have discussed in the past about Christina and her music, I really hope that they do this right.

Azoff, whose azoffmusic handles Aguilera and such acts as the Eagles, Jewel, Seal, Van Halen and Babyface, said that Aguilera -- who is recording a Spanish-language album for Sony BMG with arranger Lester Mendes -- can benefit from Asensi's experience in that realm.
Have you heard of Lester Mendes, Pat? I would love to listen to something that he arranged. After listening to Hello, Tilt your Head back and Car Wash I understand how the melody of her future music will be, more songs lasting over 3 minutes and more instrumental. Which I feel is a good thing, also, I hope that whatever she does for her Latin album she does it for every album, combining different cultural sounds together and make it your own is a smart move.

"Alejandro can help us understand those markets, and we can do the right thing for Christina," Azoff said. ITA with this statement; however, I don’t care who arranges her music or if her vocals are off the chain if she does not speak the language it’s going to be harder to sell her. She needs to go and learn the language and associate herself with the Latin Community, instead when it’s time for an album to drop. cough Michael Jackson and Mariah Carey.

From Azoff statement I can see that the way we see Christina is going to change. I don’t think we will see her at a lot of award shows that are not rigged. cough MTV.

I still think that she should drop her Latin album first and the Latin Grammy’s would be the best place to introduce her new Latin sound and then drop the album that week. The same goes for English album. Don’t they realize how much sales increase after the Grammy’s? That’s the best PR then anything.

Love to hear your thoughts,

Rem