Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, Missed posting on this thread.

ITA with your post and I've never heard of Lester Mendes though but I'm very excited to hear about her push in the Latin music community. Ever since I heard Infatuation on her Stripped album, I got excited to hear her 2nd spanish album. And that song right there is just a taste of what type of music she will have on the next album. I'm so glad to hear that they will be pushing her more in the Latin community, cause while she's known she still flying under the radar. But like you said, she will also have to learn how to speak the Spanish language well if and when she releases her album. The spanish media is very harsh when it comes to Latin singers who don't speak the language well. But they are are few exceptions where they love the singer anyway b/c of her or his charisma and talent. That example being Selena, eventually later on she learned to speak the language great and the latin media just loved her more. I'd like to see the same thing happen to Christina too.

On a sidenote, it sucks to hear that the Joss Stone and Christina duet we had heard about is not in the making. Maybe one day though.

And that was one long post huh.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Addicted Fan

ITA feel the same sweetie, blame it on the fact that when I join fan forum it was more of a discussion board then a one word board.

I love Infatuation seriously, and that should have been her first single, she could add a Latin rapper and not Fat Joe to the mix and play up the Latin instruments. I really think that would have been a hit, anyway she didn’t and we will never know.

I'm so glad to hear that they will be pushing her more in the Latin community, cause while she's known she still flying under the radar.

ITA with this statement here, even though she participate in the Latin single (sorry my mind’s going blank on the song), she really does not step foot in the community at all. This could be the main reason why people say she is only using her Latin side for financial reasons. You know what Pat, I still think that she should put at least two Spanish albums back to back before she puts her third album out. The main reason is because, if she puts this album out and works with the AA team and then puts her third non-Spanish album out, I feel that she might go back to her same ways of not being part of the community. She really needs to show everyone that she’s not claming she’s Spanish when it benefits for her. I was really shock that she didn’t do the voto-latino thing along with Choose or Lose?

As we have talk in the past, she has the potential to have a major audiences and the only way to do that is be in the community. Can you just see after her two Spanish albums, she drops her non-Spanish, with Latin influences? I really feel that this will not only put her in a different bracket but, it will keep her away from the blonde pack.

Joss and Christina I think this will happen, later on maybe on Joss next album or Christina future one. I also think that things were blown out of proportion about the duet thing, but I can see it happen especially with the recent pictures of them together.

On a different note: I would love for Christina to stop the Marilyn thing serious, it’s getting old and it makes it very easy for people to say that she’s so unoriginal. Go back to soft brown or something please.

It’s always great talking to you.

Love,

Rem
Old 10-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Rem. Say hi to the crew for me.

Quote:
I love Infatuation seriously, and that should have been her first single, she could add a Latin rapper and not Fat Joe to the mix and play up the Latin instruments. I really think that would have been a hit, anyway she didn’t and we will never know.
I would have loved for Christina to release this song, I even had it all planned out that she'd release it as one of her singles just in time when the Latin Grammys came around this year so she could sing it. But no such thing.

Btw, at your Fat Joe comment, he's not a favorite of mine either.

Quote:
ITA with this statement here, even though she participate in the Latin single (sorry my mind’s going blank on the song), she really does not step foot in the community at all. This could be the main reason why people say she is only using her Latin side for financial reasons. You know what Pat, I still think that she should put at least two Spanish albums back to back before she puts her third album out. The main reason is because, if she puts this album out and works with the AA team and then puts her third non-Spanish album out, I feel that she might go back to her same ways of not being part of the community. She really needs to show everyone that she’s not claming she’s Spanish when it benefits for her. I was really shock that she didn’t do the voto-latino thing along with Choose or Lose?
She sang Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti and then Genie in a Bottle (spanish version) when she performed on the Latin Grammys. I remember cause I kept seeing her performance since she did a great job.

I like your idea of her putting 2 spanish albums out before her 3rd to follow-up Stripped. But what I wouldn't want is for people to say that she's rushing her albums out like other artists. I'd want her to take her time on each one (of course not 2 plus years) but you get what I mean.

As for the whole Latin Vote Choose or Lose, I hadn't heard about that until you mentioned. While that would have been a good chance for her push in the Latin community, maybe she's not comfortable enough with her spanish speaking to promote that. Just a thought.

Quote:
Joss and Christina I think this will happen, later on maybe on Joss next album or Christina future one. I also think that things were blown out of proportion about the duet thing, but I can see it happen especially with the recent pictures of them together
ITA with you on that one, I can also see a duet from both in the near future. They look really friendly and close in that picture of them together.

As for the whole Marilyn Monroe, while it is flattering I'd wish she'd go back to her browner hair she had on the Ellen DeGeneres show or just back to blonde and longer.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

I don’t think I can even digest Fat Joe to ever be my favorite, I would go to a Jennifer Lopez concert before then and you know how I feel about her. I’ll tell the gang hello for you, is your e-mail down again?

I like your idea of her putting 2 spanish albums out before her 3rd to follow-up Stripped. But what I wouldn't want is for people to say that she's rushing her albums out like other artists. I'd want her to take her time on each one (of course not 2 plus years) but you get what I mean.

Honestly, I feel that it takes a year and ½ to do an album, not write the materials. If you take everything going in your life right now, how many songs do you think you would have? It least Six and that’s just mine; there are lots of topics that she can touch on. Also, she doesn’t have to write all the songs on her album, she a half of them would do me nicely. The only time albums are rush is when your team doesn’t have the faith that your talent can back it up or that they can do the job of marketing you correctly. We have seen this so many times, I also think it would be nice for Christina to do a MTV diary for the Latin version, in Spanish about her album.

Right now she should be marketing herself and not when the album drops, that’s my main problem with the whole situation. It reminds me of politicians they only want to talk to you during election year and not when your after-school program needs funding. That’s a major problem I have with people.

As for the whole Latin Vote Choose or Lose, I hadn't heard about that until you mentioned. While that would have been a good chance for her push in the Latin community, maybe she's not comfortable enough with her spanish speaking to promote that. Just a thought.

I totally understanding what you are saying; however, no one in the ad spoke Spanish. I just don’t want her to get the same label that Mariah Carey and Michael Jackson receives in the black community. Who knows maybe this AA Team is explaining this to her and Ivan so that they can promote her right instead of how it was done for the previous one.

Love,
Rem
Old 10-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I’ll tell the gang hello for you, is your e-mail down again?
No it's working but I just haven't had a chance to cheeck my emails since I'm actually trying to do my math work in class instead of being online.

Quote:
Honestly, I feel that it takes a year and ½ to do an album, not write the materials. If you take everything going in your life right now, how many songs do you think you would have? It least Six and that’s just mine; there are lots of topics that she can touch on. Also, she doesn’t have to write all the songs on her album, she a half of them would do me nicely. The only time albums are rush is when your team doesn’t have the faith that your talent can back it up or that they can do the job of marketing you correctly. We have seen this so many times, I also think it would be nice for Christina to do a MTV diary for the Latin version, in Spanish about her album.
You got a point there, I'm sure she has more than enough material to make into songs. But I'd prefer for her to write just about all the songs on her Spanish album, since to me that would give her more credibility with the Spanish community. Then again most Latin artists don't all write their songs, good example of that would be Selena. Her brother wrote all her songs and btw let me just say I'd love for Selena's brother AB to write for Christina. His group is hot ever since they came out and they sing/rap in both spanish and english.

I also would like to see Christina participate in the MTV Latin Awards show andof course do a Diary like you said. That only give her more exposure for those who haven't heard her sing or her story. I'd love to see Christina come out and talk perfect spanish and blow everyone away. I hate to hear them say that she's only using her Latin last name to get more exposure.

I wonder how things would be if Christina had released her Spanish album before her english one. Would she be big as she is now? Would she have the label "latin cross-over" or be still labeled "pop"?

Christina seems like a really level-headed, so I'm hoping she's taking all in the advice Azoff or the other guys are giving her. I'd love to see her be as big as she is in the Latin community.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Addicted Fan

I wonder how things would be if Christina had released her Spanish album before her english one. Would she be big as she is now? Would she have the label "latin cross-over" or be still labeled "pop"?

I don't think it would ever happen, remember Jessica Simpson Driven? I really think that RCA knew that the media would love to see two young girls go at.

AB? What songs did he do that I can download?

Love

Rem
Old 10-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Most of AB songs are in spanish though...you still want some names of them?

Btw what do you think of Tilt Your Head Back song w/ Nelly?
Old 10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey Rem and Pat! Mind if I join you?

I like Rem's idea that Christina should maybe drop 2 Spanish albums out before the follow-up for Stripped. This would help Christina know more about her Latin roots because she would spend lots of time there I'm sure to promote her albums. Getting involved with the Latin community is what's important for her to be able to sell well. Speaking Spanish wouldn't be so hard, it's pretty easy to learn believe me.
I'm pysched that Christina is going to release a Spanish album sometime in the near future. I can't wait to hear it! I know the songs will be great
Old 10-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

maita, of course we don't mind. Welcome.

I agree that spanish isn't hard to learn but it's worse when it's your first language and you forget some words.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:58 AM
Passionate Fan

It was taught to me ever since I was young cuz my grandpa's half Spanish but I never really mastered speaking it, lack of interest I guess. I just understand it. But my sister learned to speak Spanish in less than a month!
Old 10-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow..that is good.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Welcome Maita!

Please come and talk anytime.

Pat Yes, I am interested in hearing what he has produce and also to see if he’s arranging the music himself or if it’s someone else.

TYHB the song had to grow on me; however, I really love the arrangement of the song. I can see it being a Grammy pick in the Pop/Rap Collaboration . This is no stranger for either Christina (she has been in that category for every duet she has done) or Nelly (he took a win with Kelly for Dilemma). I really love the instruments in the song, something that we talk about wanting for Christina to touch more on for her upcoming albums.

I wonder if Missy might be on of the producers for her to work with. They have a great chemistry and this could be the challenge for Missy to see if she can do something that’s a different genre then what she is so used to.

Maita ITA with your statement about getting involve in the Latin community, I also think that with the AA team they will see what she needs to do and market her correctly. I also think that she should work with Coca- Cola again on both the U.S. and Latin markets.

Talk to you soon,

Love

Rem
Old 10-30-2004, 04:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Remedy
Welcome Maita!

Please come and talk anytime.

I wonder if Missy might be on of the producers for her to work with. They have a great chemistry and this could be the challenge for Missy to see if she can do something that’s a different genre then what she is so used to.
Thanks

ITA, Christina and Missy do have a great chemistry and in the both times that they collaborated, the product was good. I think that Missy will be able to do a good job if she'll produce some of the new songs of Christina even though they don't fall under the same genre. It would be interesting to see if they mixed up both their sounds, I think that would be I always like Christina's songs that have a touch of hiphop (i.e. TYHB and CHUD). Now that Christina's planning to take on the 20s sound, I think it would be fun to hear those songs having a touch of hiphop. Kind of a modernized 20s sound.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I really think that Christina sound is going to sound alot like TYHB. It has a sorta of 20 feel with a little hip hop to it.

I am glad she's using more instrumental; however, I would like for her not to overkill the song with her vocals.

Rem
Old 11-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh yeah, her 2nd album will definitely have some tunes which are a bit like TYHB. I won't mind though. I would want to hear some ballads from her. Although those songs won't bring her to number 1 (some people are just ), I feel she's at her best when she sings ballads.

Quote:
Originally posted by Remedy
I would like for her not to overkill the song with her vocals.
Me too. I think she over does her vocals sometimes. Like with Hello, her vocals there were a bit too much.