Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23:
<STRONG>
I wouldn't mind Christina listening to some old-school Whitney Houston albums. I did love how she sang "Run to You' at the BET Awards, a few years back! If only she could do a rendition of 'I'll Will Always Love You', I'd die happy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also think it would be nice to hear another duet between Brian McKnight and Christina again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Again, Love you Pat. Yes, I would love for her to listen to Before Bobby, Whitney Houston tracks. I love her cover of Run to You.

Also, I can see her working with other artists while she is working on her next album. She did two before Stripped came out.

I hear that Christina is working with Trina. Not to happy about that; however, I will just have to listen to it. The one thing that I do have to give her credit for is not working with Commerical rappers. Redman, Lil Kim and Trina are some one that you just don't see working with people in the pop world.

Love,
Rem
Old 02-24-2004, 09:25 AM
MST Manager

Chingy? Trina? Ugh. Please.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

Again, Love you Pat.
Aww same here. [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Quote:
Also, I can see her working with other artists while she is working on her next album. She did two before Stripped came out.

That's true...she can work on BSB and still be in the light while working on her 3rd album.

Quote:
I hear that Christina is working with Trina. Not to happy about that; however, I will just have to listen to it. The one thing that I do have to give her credit for is not working with Commerical rappers. Redman, Lil Kim and Trina are some one that you just don't see working with people in the pop world.

While I'm not sure what to think of a Christina/Trina duet, basically since it'll sound like a Christina/Lil Kin duet. It makes me glad that Trina has been a fan of Christina's work for a while now. I like that she would like to work for Christina b/c of that and not just cause Christina is hot at the moment. Know what I mean?

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 02-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay, I was talking about the Trina and Christina thing with a couple of friends of mine. We all agree that we are shock that Christina is repeating something she already did. Then it made me wonder what if she was working behind the scene with Trina. You know producing something? I know, Pat I am stretching I just wish that if Christina is going to collaborate with a female rapper, she would consider Queen, McLyte or Eve someone who doesn’t rap about what’s between their legs.

What do you think of a Santana collaboration? I think that would be very nice. I heard that Patti and Jessica are doing VH1 Diva I hope that Christina does it. I would love for her to do a duet with Patti and sing Singing my song. Since Stripped is over, I would love to hear other songs from the album. Maybe even Soar and Infatuation with Santana playing the guitar. Maybe her and Dave singing Fighter acoustic?

See that Pat, I am getting wired up and the girl hasn’t even sign aboard and I’m thinking that she might not.

Talk to you later
Love,
Remedy
Old 02-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Okay, I was talking about the Trina and Christina thing with a couple of friends of mine. We all agree that we are shock that Christina is repeating something she already did. Then it made me wonder what if she was working behind the scene with Trina. You know producing something?
You know that doesn't sound bad and I understand where you coming from. Though I'm glad that Trina is a Christina fan, I really wouldn't want to see Chris working w/ her. But like you said maybe she's doing something behind-the-scenes or even just singing the 'hook' to the song or something. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
I know, Pat I am stretching I just wish that if Christina is going to collaborate with a female rapper, she would consider Queen, McLyte or Eve someone who doesn’t rap about what’s between their legs.
I'm with ya on that one...I'd love to see Christina duet w/ either one of those female rappers. Just not Trina, Lil Kim or Foxy Brown..I don't really consider them rappers. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

You know about that VH1 Divas Show, I don't understand how they could ask Jessica Simpson before Christina. I mean yea Jessica has a nice voice and all but it's nothing compared to Christina's. Plus Christina has 4 Grammys and should be considered a serious Diva in that department, so why not get her signed up on the show already? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I hope she does but like you said, I have a feeling she won't. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 02-27-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 02-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Jessica is better known for being a moton than for being a musician nowadays. She is nowhere near being in a "diva" list, there is no way she should be in such an event. LEt alone ahead of Christina.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Diva’s Live I am also shock that Christina has not been invited to sing. I would love to see Patti and her do something together. Then again, she could have been ask and turn them down.

What songs would you like for her to perform if she did appear on Diva’s live?

For me I would love for to singing Singing my Song, Soar, Love for all Seasons and Oblivious those are the ones that I really want her to sing. With Patti she could do the duet On my own that would be nice. You know what makes me wonder, since Patti is on the show if they are going to do LM? I hope not because, I do not want Jessica to sing the song. Again, Jessica has vocals however, I prefer Christina.

You know what? Do you think that if Christina did appear that Jessica would freeze? I am trying to think if there has been a time when Jessica and Christina perform at the same time? I don’t think that they ever have. Mmmm makes you wonder.

Again, Pat and Chris as always it is good to talk to you guys. LOL [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] to everyone who reads and do not reply. LOL

Love,

Remedy
Old 03-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know I was thinking since Christina has a new Spanish song on the 'Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights' soundtrack...that maybe she can sing that at the Latin Grammys this year. So it could help her bring her spanish fan base back along w/ bringing in new fans, as she works on her 3rd album and her Spanish one as well. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I haven't heard the entire song but the little of it I do get to hear, it sounds nice.

Songs I'd like Christina to sing:

Impossible w/ maybe Alicia Keys there too or Walk Away (album version). Heck maybe even At Last (concert version) w/ Patti Labelle or by herself, that would REALLY be nice! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I don't think Jessica or Christina have ever song together at any point. I remember watching Jessica Simpson's Driven episode where they talk about Jessica freezing up since she had to sing after Christina had already did and blew people away. I don't see Jessica freezing up again but maybe not singing her best around Christina.

There's just something about Jessica's voice, she has the pipes too, but her voice is so different than Christina's. Maybe that not fully trained or something, I can't see Jessica Simpson singing something R&B or At Last like Christina. Know what I mean? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 03-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Pat,

ITA with you about the Jess and Chris thing. Two things really could happen.

1. Jess and Christina try to out sing each other
2. Jess freezes.

I would love to see them on stage together just for the fact to see if Jess is over the Chrisfright.

What do you think of a collabo with Boy George or Elton John?

ITA also with the Christing singing at the Latin Grammy. Maybe she will get a ich to have a big band on her next album.

Love,
Rem
Old 03-02-2004, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

I think Obvious would be the perfect song, i showcases her voice, it's her own song and one that unless your a big fan, won't know.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:27 PM
MST Manager

I would like for Christina to sing Walk Away or Love For All Seasons.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Two things really could happen.

1. Jess and Christina try to out sing each other
2. Jess freezes.
Since both have good voices and range, can they possibly out sing each other? And who do you think would win? I guess if your a fan of either, then that artist would win. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
I would love to see them on stage together just for the fact to see if Jess is over the Chrisfright.
Same here. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
What do you think of a collabo with Boy George or Elton John?
Hmm both could be very interesting though I'll go w/ the Elton John collabo more. Both have nice voices that could mesh well together along w/ Elton's piano. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
ITA also with the Christing singing at the Latin Grammy. Maybe she will get a ich to have a big band on her next album.

Same here, now after watching her spanish skit on SNL, I'm curious to see how much her spanish has improved. I'm sure it has alot and I'm just proud of our girl. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Addicted Fan

When I said oversang each other I was thinking more as a what happen with Celine and Aretha. Do you remember when you heard Oooo and then Oooooo. LOL I was talking on that part.

Who do I think would win? It depends. Sometimes I love hearing her riff and sometimes I feel she overdoes it. Again, it just depends on the moment.

With Beyonce and Alicia Keys on tour, I do not understand why she wouldn't attend. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Love,
Rem
Old 03-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea I remember when Celine and Aretha were out singing each other w/ the "Ooo's". I just want to know what Celine was thinking! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I just realized that the song "El Beso Del Final" from the 'Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights' is a song from her 'Mi Reflejo' album. I have to go back and check that out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Pat, I apologize for not discussing this topic with you. I forgot that it is only you, Chris and I that talk. LOL

As you know Christina is going on tour and the Diva’s is not until April I am hoping that she is going to perform on the show. Also, with Chingy as the opener for the concert I am very interested to see what songs she is going to perform. Is she going to do more of the R&B songs on her album? Do you think Chingy will perform Dirrty with her?

I am just glad that she is keeping herself out. I am glad that she took a two year break from the public eye; however, I am not sure if I can take another two years of waiting for an album each time. That is why I stated back in the threads that she should do her Latin and English album at the same time.

I wonder why she is going on tour again? Didn’t she do well with Justified and Stripped?

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Rem