Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Gossip Girl

Quote:
It doesn't pay to be too optimistic, Alan. You get heartbroken. I am. They just dropped Dan/Blair like a hot potato. I am saddened and really annoyed at this. Such a build up..and then..nothing.
In my euphoria over the uncommonly slow and well-done buildup, I guess I forgot what show I was watching. There is a reason that this follows 90210 after all. I mean, the handling of every storyline outside of the Dair one was vintage GG crap, so I guess I thought that they actually cared about this relationship and at the very least would let it stay a nice friendship, but it's been two episodes since the kiss, and they already have Dan and Blair in their own separate storylines with no contact at all in the last episode, which is odd considering the depth of their friendship and the way that she insisted to Serena that they had a connection. After being betrayed repeatedly by her best friend (Serena) and assaulted and humiliated by her supposed true love (Chuck), you'd think that they might have thrown in a bone for us Dair fans with Blair at least trying to call Dan, but no such luck. Instead, we get the beginning of a Charlie's after Dan storyline that I'm already tired of, and we get Blair hastily accepting the Prince's proposal...I don't think that's out of line either. Blair discussed her love life with Dan in the past, and they weren't even friends then. Now they are, and she doesn't. It would be different if she knew that he liked her, but they've given no indication that that is the case, so I just have to assume that the writers have ADD, and the Dair storyline is now a distant memory.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 7, Episode 9

The last season is going downwards, this is the 3rd episode in a raw that was about average, I only liked Malcolm vs. his teachter Mr. Herkabe, that was fun, and a great ending, but this annoying granny-babysitter that kept annoying Lois by following her around and constantly talking to her was annoying for me, and Hal tried to find Dewey a girlfriend (played by Vanessa Marano), not so great as well.

Parks & Recreation: Season 1, Episode 4

I thought the first half was not that good, but later when Leslie wanted to join the boys club (just Marc and the other guys hanging out behind the offices and drinking beer) and took the wine from the gift basket, that she wasn't allowed to touch the fun began. April drank wine and put a video on the page (why did she even do that? She's 19! ) and Leslie got blamed, cos she provided the alcohol and took the gift basket. That was fun, how she constantly tried to do the right thing and made a video statement about what she did wrong. Tom is cool, I really like him, but Ron is also getting better. Chris Pratt had a good scene, when he took a bath in a tiny inflatable swimming pool listening to music and the neighbour took his radio and he chased him - with to crutches and without no pants on. And minutes before he dumped his trash into that pit he fell in weeks ago. That's all I remember now, but I like the show more and more.

Community: Season 2, Episode 3-4

The first episode was about Pierce believing that his mother hadn't died but would be kind of reborn in some years, it was a nice episode about faith. I also liked, how the dean(?) had this restriction order against Chang, so he had a power to keep him away at 25 feet. I wonder if he will ever join the study group. And then there was the mud fight between Annie and Britta, who tried to raise money for a project against oil in the ocean, I especially liked how Britta mocked Annie and copied her look and behaviour and then they had this fight. But the 4th episode was really great, I loved how the crew (without Abed) got locked into that space simulator truck. It was a great episode, I think one of the most remarkeble episode, Pierce went crazy, Troy was the captain, I love how the show constantly surprises the audience, they do something different every week, it's not possible to predict what the next episode will be about. And the end was great, when the crew stepped out of the simulator and was celebrated by the audience. I'm enjoying season 2.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Gossip Girl

In my euphoria over the uncommonly slow and well-done buildup, I guess I forgot what show I was watching. There is a reason that this follows 90210 after all. I mean, the handling of every storyline outside of the Dair one was vintage GG crap, so I guess I thought that they actually cared about this relationship and at the very least would let it stay a nice friendship, but it's been two episodes since the kiss, and they already have Dan and Blair in their own separate storylines with no contact at all in the last episode, which is odd considering the depth of their friendship and the way that she insisted to Serena that they had a connection. After being betrayed repeatedly by her best friend (Serena) and assaulted and humiliated by her supposed true love (Chuck), you'd think that they might have thrown in a bone for us Dair fans with Blair at least trying to call Dan, but no such luck. Instead, we get the beginning of a Charlie's after Dan storyline that I'm already tired of, and we get Blair hastily accepting the Prince's proposal...I don't think that's out of line either. Blair discussed her love life with Dan in the past, and they weren't even friends then. Now they are, and she doesn't. It would be different if she knew that he liked her, but they've given no indication that that is the case, so I just have to assume that the writers have ADD, and the Dair storyline is now a distant memory.
Beautifully stated, Alan. I can't believe that I wasted my time going back to this show just to experience the union of Dan and Blair. There is absolutely no other storyline this show has to offer that I am remotely interested in. I can't stand Chuck (as I'm sure you know) and I can't stand Serena. Some friend she is to Blair...stabs her in the back one minute and tries to protect her happiness the next. *gag* The new Charlie after Dan plot is so annoying...no interest in that whatsoever. And this Prince...they stick him back it the show as another roadblock to Blair and Dan? As if Chuck wasn't enough!
And Vanessa. She's like an annoying fly...you shoo her away...and she comes right back. And....how is is that every time someone tells someone something that should not be overheard....Vanessa is right there hearing the whole thing. How can she be in so many places...and how do people not see her there?

Anyway...your thoughts about Blair confiding in Dan are so true...it would have been the thing for her to do. At least it would have been a little bone for us Dair fans. It's the least they could have done for us.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Shield: Season 3, Episode 6

Good episode, I liked the story about the cop Tom, the Dutch' case was the most interesting this season (didn't like it that much so far), and Vic's team found out what they have to do with the money, but it's risky.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

Modern Family

Not the funniest (although Phil singing "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" and Jay stopping him might have been one of the funniest jokes of at least the last few eps) or the sweetest (Jay crying the second time and the shot of Claire and the kids sleeping together in the tag were pretty damn sweet, though), but still a good episode. Everything felt a little rushed, so as usual I want another 5 minutes for each episode! Cam and Mitchell had the funniest storyline with "Hands!" and Cam angrily ripping up the card..that turned out to be Manny's to Gloria.

Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
A lot of people have been griping about the scene when she opened the door to go back out to Castle, and he had just left. I'm glad it happened that way personally, because she still has a boyfriend. When she gets with Castle, I don't want there to be anything like that for her to potentially regret.
Agreed. I was ready to roll my eyes at it when they showed the handles at first, but it turned out to be really effective for me.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 05-05-2011, 07:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Community: Season 2, Episode 5

It was the first episode I didn't like. It was not bad, but it was not really funny. Okay, the beginning was, Abed became Jesus, that was cool, but that was it, the whole movie making thing was not interesting, I miss the whole group hanging out in their study room, today it was only about Abed vs. Shirley and Pierce adventure with those old people was boring. The end was nice, the episode not really.

Parks & Recreation: Season 1, Episode 5

Hm, not the best episode, it was not really funny. There were some nice moments, but too much boring stuff. Today, Leslie's mom got an award, Tom had some good lines, Leslie is a too nice person to blackmail somebody, her boyish haircut made her look like a lesbian (with Ann walking next to her), but that was it. I can't complain, since it's the first episode that wasn't that good (besides the pilot, but even that was better I think).

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 05-05-2011 at 08:08 AM
Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Modern Family

I thought it was hilarious. Loved the Cam and Mitchell stuff, especially Cam being miffed at being the 'woman' in the relationship, and the look on Phil's face when he came back from getting the wine and almost everyone at the table was hugging was one of the funniest things in the entire episode.

Breaking In

I still seem to be the only one on the board watching this, but I shouldn't be because it gets more and more funny every week. This week's case was protecting "The Goonies 2" from angry geeks at Comic-Con. Their version of Comic-Con was a little low-rent, but the rest of the episode made up for it, and hearing Christian Slater yelp "We've got a Broken Arrow!" when the DVD hit the floor was wonderfully awesome to my geeky little heart.

Happy Endings

Another show that I seem to be the only one watching. It has gotten funnier and funnier as the series has progressed. These two episodes were no exception. They still seem to be trying to hard to be coin a phrase, as evidenced by the repeated use of 'Gaycist," throughout the first episode, but I'll allow it if only for the whole Jazz-kwondo thing and the girlfight at the end of the first episode. The second episode's skewering of hipsters and hipster culture was awesome, and mixing it with two characters competing to see who'd be better suited to survive a zombie apocalypse paid off nicely at the end of the episode.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 7, Episode 10

It was one of the better episode of the not really good 7th and last season. Though Hal was annoying again for the 3rd time in a raw I think, I liked the plot about him and Lois embezzling a 10.000 $ check that Malcolm got sent for his education. And Malcolm's chase for his perfect yearbook picture was nice too, the ending well done. Reese hanging out with the old people was also nice, I hope there are some more episodes like that coming.

Brothers & Sisters: Season 5, Episode 21

It was okay, but the flashbacks were too much pathos, too corny, there was a boring bachelor party, Sarah was angry at Brody, Olivia felt left alone because of Daniel and ran away, not many good moments, Justin met Tyler, I'm looking forward to the maybe final episode with a Walker wedding.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 05-05-2011 at 12:10 PM
Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Modern Family

I really enjoyed last night's episode. The Cameron stuff ("She is in a mood!") was a hoot of course, and I loved Phil and Jay. "You should really get a pair" "I was going to say the same thing". Laughed out loud. Of course, it's all nice and sweet in the end. Loved seeing the girls rush to Claire at the dinner table. Overall, another funny, sweet episode.

Breaking In

Have yet to see this, but I am going to start after hearing about the "Goonies 2" episode. Thankfully, FOX (and ABC) are now both finally available On Demand, so I can see some of these shows.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Community

, that was easily worth all the unfunny episodes this season, because that was KICKASS! Badass Annie (HOT!!), Josh Hollaway (perfect casting) and Troy in a deputy costume (hee). Abed on Annie: "She's pretty awesome today." Yuuuup.
Going back to the Halloween Batman montage music (tweaked, of course) from S1 for the end was fantastic, but how sad is it that I recognized it right away? Epic doesn't really mean anything anymore, but whatever epic used to mean, this was.

I thought it was WAY funnier than the original paintball episode (that one didn't really have that many laughs, this one had a high-pitched walking ice cream cone for crap's sake), probably more suspenseful too with a real story and it wasn't so dependent on references (I didn't get any of them this time around, for instance). Not saying it's better, that's up to part 2, but it has some advantages.

Next week is gonna own.

ETA: More love for Alison Brie with her robot dancing.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 05-05-2011 at 10:19 PM
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Community
, that was easily worth all the unfunny episodes this season,
Like that Halloween episode? I think the paintball episode was great, wahahahahay (like doctor Cox would say ^^) better than Halloween.

Community: Season 2, Episode 6

The Halloween-Episode, the dean dressed as Lady Gaga was cool, Annie as Red Riding Hood cute, the infected-students-turned-into-zombies story was stupid (I felt like watching Buffy without Buffy) and the constant ABBA music too much and it didn’t fit (and no, I like ABBA). Are there no more scenes of the group sitting together in their study room? That’s what I’m missing. This episode was not good at all, it was childish and annoying and boring and stupid. Chang kissed Shirley and slept with her, THAT was surprise. The 2nd weak episode in a row, and it was the weakest episode of 31 seen episodes. Next episode should be better, I’m looking forward to the guest actress. “I don’t remember anything.” I wish I could forget this episode right now.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Community

Well, I really liked the Halloween episode, but this one was better. It was funny, and since I grew up watching a lot of westerns, I got most of the references. I'm glad that they are referencing the fact that the writers have turned Pierce into an almost completely unlikeable character and are just going with it in this episode. Maybe they'll address things more next season, but it's not likely.

Superficial side-note: If I didn't already think that Alison Brie was smoking hot, then I would've after this episode. That attitude combined with (paint)gunplay and that outfit....rrrooowwwrrr.

Parks and Recreation

I was pretty disappointed in this one. I loved last week's episode, but this one left me feeling out in the cold. I did like the repeated joke with the gift bags being everywhere, from the town meeting to jail, and I thought Parker Posey did a good job with her character, but it just didn't click with me.

The Vampire Diaries

Wow. I'm guessing that next week's episode is going to be more of a quiet one, because I don't know how they could top this episode in the action department, or in the emotional department. It must really suck to be Elena Gilbert. Sure she's got two vampires fighting for her heart, but in a little over a year her best friend became a vampire, her other best friend discovered she was a witch, she found out her birth mother was a vampire, and that her uncles was actually her father, then her mother killed herself in front of her, then her aunt Jenna gets turned into a vampire and sacrificed right in front of her, and her father sacrifices his life to keep her from becoming a vampire. Add to that Jeremy's two dead vampire girlfriends and you've got a family that's dangerous to be around.

I'm surprised that this one wasn't the finale, but I'm not surprised that Elijah didn't kill Klaus, especially when Elijah told Stefan that he wanted Klaus dead because of how he'd exterminated the rest of their family. Right then I knew that Klaus would use them to stay alive, and he did...along the way he did the impossible and made me feel a bit sorry for Jules, he killed Jenna, which sucked, and he technically killed Elena too, and he staked Stefan to the ground and made him watch most of it.

All the Matt, Tyler and Caroline stuff just didn't seem that important after all that, but I'm bummed that Matt broke up with Caroline. Of course that opens the door for the Caroline/Tyler relationship that everyone except for me seems to be wanting to happen.

On a side note, I found the cover version of Bon Iver's "Skinny Love" to be a bit distracting. It seems like the original would have gone with the scene just fine.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FNL:

I'm still not enjoying the season as much as I wish I was....

- I do not like Julie's storyline at all...and not because of the teacher/student thing (although he's not technically a teacher). I'm just not feeling any chemistry between the two and this seems to be Julie's entire plot line..for no good reason. It would be nice to see Julie trying to adjust to college life...there's so many other more interesting ideas that could be explored. What they're doing with her is just plain boring.

- I am happy to see Billy's wife finally show some human compassion for Becky. God...Becky's home life must be really bad if Billy and wife are better role models.

- Buddy's son...totally obnoxious. I'm trying to feel for him..but I just don't..yet. I hope for Buddy's sake that this boy will show some growth.

- Vince's dad....I really hope that he's telling the truth. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be trying.
-

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 05-07-2011 at 08:22 AM
Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Parks & Recreation: Season 1, Episode 6

I hope season 2 is better than season 1, highlights were episode 2-4, the pilot was okay, the last 2 episodes not that good. Today, Andy got rid of his casts and played with his band, Chris Pratt can sing and his band is quite nice, but the boring date of Leslie and this guy set up by her mother was not interesting at all. Her hanging out with Marc was nice, I hope it works out. “Marc just fell in the pit.” Andy liked it. But despite the okay final I thinkt he show has a good cast and I like the style of the show, maybe they can make something out of a full season. There’s a lot of potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Community
Well, I really liked the Halloween episode, but this one was better.
Hm, tastes are different I guess. I doesn't really matter, one bad episode in 30 episodes is a great rate.

Community: Season 2, Episode 10

Back 2 normal! The intro (the part before the theme) was fun, like old times! And then there she was: Hilary Duff! I was a fan of Lizzie McGuire years ago (not saying how many years^^) and Hilary (yeah, embarrassing), and though I don’t care what she’s doing nowadays, she doesn’t have changed that much, besides her look. Her acting…we don’t need to talk aout that. I’m happy to see her on Community. Abed with the ladies in a girl class was fun, Abed dissing these bitchy girls including the Duff was nice.”You’re all bitches.” And Troy and Jeff finding that hidden garden with that secret trampoline was so peaceful and beautiful. I’m gonna buy me a trampoline now. Jeff so relaxed was great, nobody could believe him, is he on weed? “Turtles don’t eat mice.”

Parks & Recreation: Season 2, Episode 1

Leslie rapping was hilarious, what a first scene. Tom seemed to really enjoy that, I’m not sure about Ron and April. Leslie marriing to male penguins – awesome. “The thing about youth culture is, I don’t understand it.” Leslie got a probem cos it now seemed that she was pro gay-marriage and that’s a problem if she does it in the name of her P&R apartment. I also liked her and Tom visiting that gay bar. “Leslie Knope in the building, let’s get wild.” Tom is getting better every episode. And her appearance in the talkshow was interesting too. Chris Pratt hat a short surprise visit, he’s living in a tent in the pit. Good start into the 2nd season.

Outsourced: Season 1, Episode 21

It was one of the better episodes since a long time. Rajiv’s wedding was really nice. Some nice things, a lot of the typical stuff, Manmeet and his girlfriend was okay, not that interesting. The bachelor-party was okay. But all in all it was a nice episode, not as boring as too many episodes this year. Next week the finale, don’t care if it gets a second season, there are better NBC comedies.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 4, Episode 22

This once great show (1-2, parts of season 3) is going down, I only liked Sheldon, he's the only character that is still great and has no annoying girlfriend (luckily we don't see much of Shamy), his 3-person-chess game and the scenes with Raj were really nice, the girlstuff / relationship stuff not. I'm not looking forward to the next 3 years, they could destroy the show.

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 7, Episode 11

I can't almost believe it, but this episode was HILARIOUS! Season 7 is not really good, but this one I loved, grandma Ida wanted to make a man out of Reese, so he had to take those crazy challanges against Malcolm - awesome! Also liked Dewey on his way to a piano competition with his parents, he was constantly thinking, that Lois was trying intentionally to stop him from attending that contast and Hal got into a telefon conference by accident - funny.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 05-07-2011 at 06:25 AM
Old 05-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
FNL:

I'm still not enjoying the season as much as I wish I was....
Same. While each episode has gotten better, it's still not up to par. Doesn't it feel as if Julie's storyline is just thrown in there? It definitely throws off the flow and I think the writers even realized it which is why her screen time has lessened. Plus, it's obvious she's coming back.

I also can't stand the Epic storyline. That's another one that just seems to have been thrown in there to give Tami something to do, I guess.

I did like the Mindy/Becky scenes and am interested in what happens with Vince and his dad and Buddy Jr. and Buddy. When Buddy Jr. and his other sister were around, it was everything Lyla with Buddy so maybe they'll touch on that.

I liked the end. Luke was invited but the whole thing was a ploy for them to meet Vince. Coach Taylor ain't gonna be too happy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread