Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I'm not completely sure that they did. I was quite disappointed after the first episode back, but this past episode gave me a bit of hope. First of all, that kiss didn't look like a kiss between 'friends,' and secondly Blair was defending her and Dan pretty vociferously to Serena, and when she said that they had a connection, and Serena retorted "Until a prince came along," it seemed to resonate a bit with her. Plus, I can't imagine that they'd just have Dan pining after Blair with her feeling nothing...of course, that could be me being uncharacteristically optimistic.
I hope you're right. Did we actually see the kiss close up? If Blair was so into Dan...why would she realize that it is Chuck that she wants...and why would she go to Chuck to tell him so?
Yeah...having Dan pine for Blair with her feeling nothing would not be good. I'll try to be more optimistic.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Shield: Season 3, Episode 4

It was the best episode of this season, but it was not good, close, but I'm missing a continous storyline with the moneytrain. There are some things that could become interesting in the next episode. The case was okay, it was a bet between Vic's Team and the Decoy Squad. Dutch had troubles to work his case alone, he had to play both good and bad cop, Claudette saved him. The highlight was the bloody fight between Tavon and Shane, it was ugly, horrible, they wrecked half of Shane's apartment, but I was on Tevon's side, cos Shane was so against him, didn't listen to him, and called him a "darky" then Tavon lost it and the terrible fighting began, Mara hit him with an electric iron on the head, and he still drove home and crashed his car. I hope he survives, I liked him, though he had only short scenes on screen.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52
I hope you're right. Did we actually see the kiss close up?
No, we did not, but there looked to be a lot of jaw action even from the little bit I saw...again, that could be wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52
If Blair was so into Dan...why would she realize that it is Chuck that she wants...and why would she go to Chuck to tell him so?
The consensus so far among the ranks of the Dair fans I've interacted with is that she was so in denial that she fell back on the safest thing that she knew.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

The CW's New President (mentions Berlanti)

Goodbye Dawn! The CW has a new president, Mark Pedowitz. In an interview, Pedowitz mentioned the network's love for the female demo, but also mentioned they need to grow within and (my favorite part) outside of the core audience. Now comes the good part - He states that he hopes business relationships he has made with people in the past, mentioning Greg Berlanti, return to the network. I like this guy already!

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
The CW's New President (mentions Berlanti)

Goodbye Dawn! The CW has a new president, Mark Pedowitz. In an interview, Pedowitz mentioned the network's love for the female demo, but also mentioned they need to grow within and (my favorite part) outside of the core audience. Now comes the good part - He states that he hopes business relationships he has made with people in the past, mentioning Greg Berlanti, return to the network. I like this guy already!
Fantastic. That's exactly what the WB used to do, have those names like Berlanti, Joss, Kevin Williamson were given a lot more freedom to do what they want. The CW mayyy slowly be getting back to that with Kevin Williamson, but they went away from it for a long while.

And I do think Berlanti would be better served on cable or something small like the CW where you don't have to worry about ratings as much, or the pressure at least isn't as high. Look at the CW and some of their lower rated series (pretty much all of the shows, heh), basically everything gets a season unless it completely bombs.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Now comes the good part - He states that he hopes business relationships he has made with people in the past, mentioning Greg Berlanti, return to the network. I like this guy already!
Now why didn't they hire him five years ago?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Community: Season 1, Episode 17

Fun episode, Abed narreted this mafia-styled episode with his voice-over, because Jeff was angry his group got no chicken-fingers or however that is called, they made Abed the new cook, but the group became greedy and arrogant. Had some fun moments.

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 7, Episode 5

Good episode, the best of this season, Hal was afraid of a bee, Malcolm tried to take advantage of his mom by telling her his fears and feelings - coached by Jessica (Hayden Panettiere with terrible, terrible hair) and the highlight was Reese, who wanted to ship himself in a box to China, but Dewey tricked him and made him believe he was on the way, though he was still in the garage - the finale was fun too.

Scrubs: Season 9, Episode 10

I'm glad it's over soon, Turk and Cox were fun, though their storyline with the lesbian couple was thin, it was okay, but I don't care for the new characteres, they're boring to annoying. No, they shouldn't have made this season.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 4, Episode 21

It was okay, just okay, nothing less or more. Priya was not annoying for the first time, at least something good about this episode. Because she's a lawyer, she helped Leonard with the roommate agreement and Sheldon lost, took a ladies night out with the 3 girls, that was okay, and in the end everything was the same it was before this episode started. I hope the last 3 episodes are better, this season could really use it.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Fantastic. That's exactly what the WB used to do, have those names like Berlanti, Joss, Kevin Williamson were given a lot more freedom to do what they want. The CW mayyy slowly be getting back to that with Kevin Williamson, but they went away from it for a long while.

And I do think Berlanti would be better served on cable or something small like the CW where you don't have to worry about ratings as much, or the pressure at least isn't as high. Look at the CW and some of their lower rated series (pretty much all of the shows, heh), basically everything gets a season unless it completely bombs.
Gossip Girl, OTH, and 90210 are all averaging below 2 million viewers for the season and all are returning!

Kevin will have a second show on the network, "The Secret Circle", if it gets picked up. It probably will. It has CW written all over it. I hope Berlanti comes back with something. It would be great if all of the familiar names come back, including Joss.

If only, Betty. I mean, he mentions how they need to grow within and outside the core audience. Dawn would NEVER say anything about going outside the core viewers.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybgb (View Post)
Gossip Girl, OTH, and 90210 are all averaging below 2 million viewers for the season and all are returning!
From what I know so far, it's not official, that OTH gets its 9th season, though almost all actors have signed their contracts.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've just ordered Season 3 of The Big Bang Theory as I loved Season 2 and want to know how it all ends (Leonard & Penny must get together at the end and have gorgeous & very clever babies). I'd love to see Sheldon's non-twin sibling, Leonard's siblings and his dad, if he's still around and am looking forward to meeting Penny's dad at some point.
Did anyone watch the Royal Wedding? Catherine's dress was gorgeous and the ceremony was beautiful!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
Did anyone watch the Royal Wedding? Catherine's dress was gorgeous and the ceremony was beautiful!
I saw some of it...and thought that she looked stunning....her hair was beautiful..as was her dress. She is a very pretty girl. Now...Queen Elizabeth, on the other hand, with her yellow outfit and her white hair looked like a.....

Old 04-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Go Fug Yourself (website that comments on celeb outfits, usually snarkily) girls said the Queen's hat looked like a giant yellow wedding cake which just about sums it up! I've had my fill of stupid hats for the next 2 billion years though!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mad Men: Season 4, Episode 7

Second best episode of this season, if they keep up that level, it's gonna be my favourite season so far. I'm not the greatest Mad Men fan, but it's a good show and great actors. The beginning was not that good, it didn't get me, but later when the Don / Peggy marathon began I really liked it, it was a rollercoaster ride of emotions, Peggy crying, then talking to Don, then he invited her to Dinner, the call to Stefanie, Anna's death, Don crying, in the morning everything seemed to be normal, it was really nice to see Don and Peggy interact, such great characters, I think they both got to know each other a little bit better, Peggy learned, that she's an employee and Don is her boss, she has to do her work and wait for her time, he gets the credit, but he's paying for her work. And maybe Don learned that Peggy is a nice young woman (26, how young is that? ), and he can rely on her and trust her. I'm looking forward to the next episode tomorrow (I'm only watching Mad Men on the weekends).

Friday Night Lights: Season 2, Episode 4

I don't know if I liked it that much because I actually watched it Friday Night, but it was great! No doubt, I liked (almost) all the storylines, Tim and Jason down in Mexico was fun, Lyla and that jail guy was nice too, Julie is getting a little bit better, Eric returned home, that's great, season 1 feeling is returning soon I feel, Landry and Tyra, I liked this episode, cos the atmosphere was so good, it was not a dark, gloomy episode with heavy drama like there are a lot, no it had some fun moments, and it was not dark, it had something hopeful to it, Eric is back, I hope there are some more episodes like this, I'm optimistic I could like this season.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 04-29-2011 at 04:37 PM
Old 04-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Let us know what you think of S3, Louisa. A lot of people see a dropoff in quality, but I thought it was still very good. It's a consistent show to me...minus one character, who is finally getting better.

Parks & Recreation

Ben is becoming my favourite character. His reactions to Andy and April and his awkwardness around Leslie and him pretending to casually look at something before checking out the painting, twice...he just rules. Plus, Ben: "I have total faith in you." Ben in the talking head a second later: "There's, like, a %30 chance they'll both die."

I can't decide if it was out of character to have Andy and April be THAT stupid and childish for that long. I think the writers may have saved themselves a little with April saying she doesn't want to be a boring adult, so maybe that's why she was acting like that, but, it was pretty close to out of character for her. She was wearing glasses, though, so I'll ignore it because that was hot, plus the whole story was hilarious. As long as it's rare, I don't mind sacrificing a little character consistency for comedy.

Ann wasn't in the ep for long, but she had two of my favourite moments: "This guy's in it too. He's the fat little baby" and her circling babyTom, "What's going on here?"

Another great ep. Fantastic season so far.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 04-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa C (View Post)
The Go Fug Yourself (website that comments on celeb outfits, usually snarkily) girls said the Queen's hat looked like a giant yellow wedding cake which just about sums it up! I've had my fill of stupid hats for the next 2 billion years though!
Camilla's hat wasn't much better. Kate's mom looked very nice, however. I guess when you're attractive to begin with....you can pull off a hat.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread