View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:59 AM
The Crow
Elite Fan

Gossip Girl

Quote:
It doesn't pay to be too optimistic, Alan. You get heartbroken. I am. They just dropped Dan/Blair like a hot potato. I am saddened and really annoyed at this. Such a build up..and then..nothing.
In my euphoria over the uncommonly slow and well-done buildup, I guess I forgot what show I was watching. There is a reason that this follows 90210 after all. I mean, the handling of every storyline outside of the Dair one was vintage GG crap, so I guess I thought that they actually cared about this relationship and at the very least would let it stay a nice friendship, but it's been two episodes since the kiss, and they already have Dan and Blair in their own separate storylines with no contact at all in the last episode, which is odd considering the depth of their friendship and the way that she insisted to Serena that they had a connection. After being betrayed repeatedly by her best friend (Serena) and assaulted and humiliated by her supposed true love (Chuck), you'd think that they might have thrown in a bone for us Dair fans with Blair at least trying to call Dan, but no such luck. Instead, we get the beginning of a Charlie's after Dan storyline that I'm already tired of, and we get Blair hastily accepting the Prince's proposal...I don't think that's out of line either. Blair discussed her love life with Dan in the past, and they weren't even friends then. Now they are, and she doesn't. It would be different if she knew that he liked her, but they've given no indication that that is the case, so I just have to assume that the writers have ADD, and the Dair storyline is now a distant memory.