Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

OT2 Thread #34: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (TV Shows, Books, Movies, Music)

credit: Alex

Hi guys! Welcome to the new OT2 thread #34!

This is a second OT thread that focuses on shows, books, movies and music we're now obsessed with since Everwood ended. Important: This thread is focused on promoting in depth discussion.

Reminder:
This thread is about discussing shows, books, movies, and music we love with as much insightful discussion as possible. Bring over your opinions on latest episodes, discuss characters and storylines, books you're reading, movies you're watching, music you're listening to, but please remain cordial, respect one another and refrain yourself from turning this thread into drama land.

** This board has always been very mature and we'd like it to remain this way.

With that said, and keeping that all in mind, we'd like to welcome you to this new thread!

Shows Everwood members watch :

Michelle (Wilpen) :
Lost, Friday Night Lights, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer, Pretty Little Liars, Chuck

Alexandra (buffyannAlex) :
Lost, 24, Grey's Anatomy, House, Supernatural, Scrubs, Bones, Desperate housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Fringe, Friday Night Lights, The Office, Dollhouse, Smallville, Dexter, The Ghost Whisperer

New shows I'd check this year : Glee, V, Fast Forward, Vampire Diaries

Ashley (AppleBehry22):
Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Nip/Tuck, Roswell, Reba, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Lost

dawnie@ :
Gilmore Girls, Lost, One Tree Hill, 24 ,Hell's Kitchen2

Angela (AngelaiDanes):
Lost, Gilmore Girls

Alan (The Crow) :
Supernatural, How I Met Your Mother, Bones, Lost, The Office, Chuck, Friday Night Lights, The Big Bang Theory, Castle, Fringe, So You Think You Can Dance, 10 Things I Hate About You, Greek, Community, V, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Being Erica, Psych, White Collar, Warehouse 13, Haven, Covert Affairs, Pretty Little Liars, and The Glades.

Tos' :
Mad Men, Dexter, Fringe, Chuck, Castle, Psych, Parks & Recreation, Community, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Futurama, Being Human

Coffee
Watch: Prison Break, Supernatural, House, Gilmore Girls
Want to watch but always miss it: Bones, Grey's Anatomy, Veronica Mars
Future Shows, I'm planning on watching: Jericho, Heroes..

own worst enemy
Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, True Blood, Dexter, Weeds, Big Love, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, 90210, Smallville, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Private Practice, Ugly Betty, The Office, 30 Rock, Top Chef, So You Think You Can Dance, The Hills, My Life on the D List, American Idol, Dollhouse, Mad Men, Nip/Tuck, Fringe

New shows: Melrose Place, The Beautiful Life, The Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward, Bored to Death, Glee

everwoodfan52 :
Friday Night Lights, Chuck, Dexter, Drop Dead Diva, Royal Pains, Modern Family, Rookie Blue, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Shameless

MrsBrown : The Office, Lost, Friday Night Lights, Brothers and Sisters, Battlestar Galactica

BepperGirl: Being Erica, Bones, Chuck, Dollhouse, Drop Dead Diva, Friday Night Lights, Glee, How I Met Your Mother. Leverage, Psych, United States of Tara, Pretty Little Liars, Castle, The Vampire Diaries, White Collar, Rizzoli & Isles, and Supernatural.

ShadowMagist: How I Met Your Mother, Greek, Smallville, Supernatural, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, Glee, Vampire Diaries, It's Always Raining In Philadelphia.

Thief Of Love: Mad Men, Psych, Gilmore Girls, The Office, Parks & Recreation

Cleveland: Lost, Brothers & Sisters, Dollhouse, Battlestar Galactica, Friday Night Lights

Shelby (Cowgirl08): Chuck, Friday Night Lights, 90210, One Tree Hill, Greek, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Make it or Break it, White Collar

Rolfi Cole: Outsourced, Modern Family, Castle, Chuck, Psych, The Mentalist, TVD, Community, House, Ghost Whisperer, Smallville, Supernatural

ForVanAngel: Lieblingsserien: LOST, Gilmore Girls, Six Feet Under, Everwood, Dawson’s Creek, One Tree Hill, Roswell, Dexter, Seinfeld, Scrubs, Home Improvement, The Big Bang Theory, Eli Stone, Malcolm In The Middle, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Parenthood, Rescue Me, Brothers & Sisters, Alias, My So-Called Life, Jack & Bobby, Mad Men, The Shield, Skins UK.

Blue Valentine: Modern family, Brothers and Sisters, Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, 90210, Nikita, One Tree Hill,
Favorite Shows: Everwood, Joan Of Arcadia.

“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 04-22-2011 at 06:09 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Master Fan

Last post from the old thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
I've to admit, I couldn't like her in "Mamma Mia", but that was for every actor in that movie.

I was a little bit disappointed when I heard it, but Natalie did a fantastic acting job and you can't take that away from her, and I think she got the oscar not for her dancing, but for her emotional acting and she did a hell of a job.

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 6, Episode 2

Nice episode, Hal mat a dozen bodybuilders in the parc, they were very strong men with brains of the size of a pea. That was nice, and Dewey had to take care of his friends from the special needs class, cos they didn't want him to leave.

Parenthood: Season 2, Episode 19

It was a nice episode, but there was something missing, the fool-good vibe, the great emotions, there was too much negative stuff going on with Julia, Amber, kinda Sarah und Crosby, there were some really fun scenes, but something was missing. Hope they get it right in the next three weeks. It was not bad, I liked the storyline about Max and the decision if Adam + Christina should send him to a normal school to challange him or not and also Crosby's trying to get Jasmine back was nice. Amber was okay, same for Sarah, but it was not the best storyline, they deserve better.

Matthias
, how often is Tom Amandes appearing on Parenthood?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 03-31-2011, 11:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Last post from the old thread:

Matthias
, how often is Tom Amandes appearing on Parenthood?
Hey Grant. That's easy to find out, I'd say 3-4 times, just a small role, only once in season 2, and 3 times in season 1 (13 episodes). But that's not true, it's 4 + 2 times says IMDB. I really liked seeing him, along with Minka Kelly and also Michael B. Jordan as the best known guest actors. And of course the great guest appearance by Michael Emerson. If you like drama or especially family drama, you should check it out, season 2 is really great. It's more real and believable than B&S, so far there are no stupid storylines, there was just one episode I didn't like, and we're are at 32 broadcasted episodes.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No, that's not Jess. It sounds way better than most of those stupid RomComs, but the trailer is much too long and gives away almost everything (hope there is something else). But maybe it's fun to watch, could be funny. But who is Ruth Hoffman?
Matt, Ruth Hoffman was Ephram and Delia's grandmother and Andy's mother-in-law.

Yes, the trailer did give away a lot...but it was still a fun movie to watch.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Matt, Ruth Hoffman was Ephram and Delia's grandmother and Andy's mother-in-law.

Yes, the trailer did give away a lot...but it was still a fun movie to watch.
Okay, you named the characters name, of course I remember Ruth (didn't know the family name), thanks. I googled it, but yeah, that's another story. Normally I'm not into movies with only a love comedy story, but that one could be better.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
Okay, you named the characters name, of course I remember Ruth (didn't know the family name), thanks. I googled it, but yeah, that's another story.

It's okay, I didn't know Jess! We can't remember everything.

Here's our Ruth...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

Grey's Anatomy
Anyone watch the special musical episode? The first 10 minutes I was shocked that I was really into it. They kept it realistic(as far as musicals can be) by using the coma storyline but then from there on it kinda got awkward and corny for me as expected. Then again musicals just arn't my thing. I have never understood the whole randomly breaking out in song thing. Overall good episode but definitely wouldn't want the singing to be a regular thing, the actors all did it well though so bravo.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

How was Sarah Drew's singing, Shelby? I don't ask just because she's from Everwood, but also because NOBODY is mentioning her singing or her at all and it's actually kind of amusing. I went and looked and read a bunch of pages of thoughts and not a single person mentioned her. Poor Sarah.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

She really doesn't sing much at all to be honest...and when she does it was with someone else so it drowns it out. My guess is she isn't the greatest singer....there were a few actors that didn't get solos so it wasn't just her.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
She really doesn't sing much at all to be honest...and when she does it was with someone else so it drowns it out. My guess is she isn't the greatest singer....there were a few actors that didn't get solos so it wasn't just her.
That's unfortunate for her considering she's classically-trained.

(Though I'd guess the combination of her playing a minor, mostly-disliked character and having a voice trained more for light opera may have played a role...)
Old 03-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Shelby. That is too bad because of the classically trained aspect as Thief said, but also because Sarah seemed awfully excited about it and mentioned she was in two songs on her Twitter. So it was very weird (and, again, kind of comical) to see nobody comment about her even once, but now it makes sense! I just hope Sarah doesn't try reading all the comments to find someone commenting on her singing, because she'll be reading for a while, heh.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

Hmm well there was a lot going on in the epiode besides the singing thats what made is good for me since I dont like musicals. The drama and storyline kept me hooked despite the random songs soooo I might have missed her singing a solo but I honestly don't remember her sticking out....I remember her singing once with Bailey but thats the only one I can place right now.

As for her character being hated lol I dont hate her character she is a bit awkward at times but Im not sure why anyone would hate her.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

I was gonna watch the Grey's Anatomy music episode, but I watched a re-run of Parks and Recreation instead. I tried to get into GA, but I just couldn't. I guess it's been too long since I watched regularly.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Malcolm In The Middle: Season 6, Episode 3

Good episode, better than the 2 ones before. Hal faught against a garbage man and Malcolm and Lois fought over a racist cardboard thingy (can't describe it). It was nice, a lot of funny scences.

The Big Bang Theory: Season 4, Episode 19

This episode was at least better than the last 4 episodes, because there was almost no relationship crap going on, though I didn't like almost all the girls-scenes. The main and only plot with Sheldon's World of Warcraft-account getting hacked was nice, but it could've been better, it was just an idea, that I or anybody else could easily come up within 15 minutes, it was very predictible and plain, but there were some nice laughs included so it was not bad, but also not good.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 04-01-2011 at 09:50 AM
Old 04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
I was gonna watch the Grey's Anatomy music episode, but I watched a re-run of Parks and Recreation instead. I tried to get into GA, but I just couldn't. I guess it's been too long since I watched regularly.
Yeah Im the opposite I didn't watch the early season but got into it about 2 and a half years/seasons ago. I just love it because the high quality of the writing and production....being one of ABC's best shows their budget is huge and that shows on screen.