View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Gossip Girl

In my euphoria over the uncommonly slow and well-done buildup, I guess I forgot what show I was watching. There is a reason that this follows 90210 after all. I mean, the handling of every storyline outside of the Dair one was vintage GG crap, so I guess I thought that they actually cared about this relationship and at the very least would let it stay a nice friendship, but it's been two episodes since the kiss, and they already have Dan and Blair in their own separate storylines with no contact at all in the last episode, which is odd considering the depth of their friendship and the way that she insisted to Serena that they had a connection. After being betrayed repeatedly by her best friend (Serena) and assaulted and humiliated by her supposed true love (Chuck), you'd think that they might have thrown in a bone for us Dair fans with Blair at least trying to call Dan, but no such luck. Instead, we get the beginning of a Charlie's after Dan storyline that I'm already tired of, and we get Blair hastily accepting the Prince's proposal...I don't think that's out of line either. Blair discussed her love life with Dan in the past, and they weren't even friends then. Now they are, and she doesn't. It would be different if she knew that he liked her, but they've given no indication that that is the case, so I just have to assume that the writers have ADD, and the Dair storyline is now a distant memory.
Beautifully stated, Alan. I can't believe that I wasted my time going back to this show just to experience the union of Dan and Blair. There is absolutely no other storyline this show has to offer that I am remotely interested in. I can't stand Chuck (as I'm sure you know) and I can't stand Serena. Some friend she is to Blair...stabs her in the back one minute and tries to protect her happiness the next. *gag* The new Charlie after Dan plot is so annoying...no interest in that whatsoever. And this Prince...they stick him back it the show as another roadblock to Blair and Dan? As if Chuck wasn't enough!
And Vanessa. She's like an annoying fly...you shoo her away...and she comes right back. And....how is is that every time someone tells someone something that should not be overheard....Vanessa is right there hearing the whole thing. How can she be in so many places...and how do people not see her there?

Anyway...your thoughts about Blair confiding in Dan are so true...it would have been the thing for her to do. At least it would have been a little bone for us Dair fans. It's the least they could have done for us.