Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Agreed completely. I really hope they at least have one scene together. You're right about them having good chemistry. I also hope we get, like, a behind the scenes video or interview, just to see the two of them interacting together IRL. Would be fun.
IF they should have NO scene together someone's gotta bleed. That would be the stupidest thing ever. Yeah, an interview would be great, cos Emily had most of there scenes with Ephram, of course Tom Amandes whom she really likes (according to audio commentary Everwood season 1 finale), though maybe she has a major problem with Mr. Williams. I also really liked the scenes between Amy and Andy, they had a difficult relationship, first she desperately needed him, than she hated him, than she asked him for medicine (sorry, I'm totally lost atm, can't remember what it was about? Anti-depressiva? ) and then suddenly in the begining of season 3 or was it season 4 they became kinda best friends, but had only a coulple of scenes, of course, made perfect sense, but it's really sad. Now I wrote to much.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel:
I also really liked the scenes between Amy and Andy, they had a difficult relationship, first she desperately needed him, than she hated him, than she asked him for medicine (sorry, I'm totally lost atm, can't remember what it was about? Anti-depressiva? ) and then suddenly in the begining of season 3 or was it season 4 they became kinda best friends, but had only a coulple of scenes, of course, made perfect sense, but it's really sad. Now I wrote to much.
Emily hated Andy season one for not saving Colin in surgery
She needed Andy season two to prescribe birth control pills.
She need Andy season three because the two of them bonded over Ephram when Ephram was studying at Julliard for the summer...and they needed to share a drink with 2 straws.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Emily hated Andy season one for not saving Colin in surgery
She needed Andy season two to prescribe birth control pills.
She need Andy season three because the two of them bonded over Ephram when Ephram was studying at Julliard for the summer...and they needed to share a drink with 2 straws.
Stupid me. Of course it was birth control, the great scandal, Harold hating Andy. Yeah, the other ones are obvious, couldn't remember them exactly, ya know, too much television, hundreds of storylines, millions of character names.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Stupid me.
It's not being stupid..seriously! It's difficult to remember all of these details. I am forgetting so much. I need to re-watch Everwood...but it's tough to find the time!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

I would suggest restarting the rewatch since I certainly need one But I think it would only be, like, three of us! Maybe in the summer, when other TV shows aren't on, we'll refresh all our memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel
IF they should have NO scene together someone's gotta bleed. That would be the stupidest thing ever. Yeah, an interview would be great, cos Emily had most of there scenes with Ephram, of course Tom Amandes whom she really likes (according to audio commentary Everwood season 1 finale), though maybe she has a major problem with Mr. Williams.
Maybe he made too many stupid jokes on the commentary so Emily got exhausted with him. No, I'm sure they're fine. But it is weird how little they were on screen together. If they have a scene in Beyond the Blackboard, it might longer than most scenes they acted together on the actual show!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I would suggest restarting the rewatch since I certainly need one But I think it would only be, like, three of us! Maybe in the summer, when other TV shows aren't on, we'll refresh all our memories.
Not with me. I just finished season 4 last year in October for the first time. Look at my signature, do you think I've got any time rewatching something? If I had, I'd watch the Gilmore Girls again, but that's just not possible, have to finish too many shows. But I'd love to read what you think and comment of course, yeah, my memories are bad sometimes, should not with Everwood, cos I've seen the first 2 seasons for like 3 times each, but I'm not getting any young.

Quote:
Maybe he made too many stupid jokes on the commentary so Emily got exhausted with him. No, I'm sure they're fine. But it is weird how little they were on screen together. If they have a scene in Beyond the Blackboard, it might longer than most scenes they acted together on the actual show!
That's it. Mr. Williams, how dare you. Yeah, it'll be really, really, really weird, I hope we can understand it, I can't imagine it, no, really no chance, I have to see it to believe it. I hope they have at least a handful of scenes, that'd be enough for me. Argh, I'm looking so much forward to that movie, and then I'm not able to watch it on television cos I'm from Europe and then I'll have to wait some weeks for the dvd release and then I have to wait for my package to arrive....
Old 02-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Not with me. I just finished season 4 last year in October for the first time. Look at my signature, do you think I've got any time rewatching something? If I had, I'd watch the Gilmore Girls again, but that's just not possible, have to finish too many shows. But I'd love to read what you think and comment of course, yeah, my memories are bad sometimes, should not with Everwood, cos I've seen the first 2 seasons for like 3 times each, but I'm not getting any young.
That is a lot of shows! You know, if you wanted to post your thoughts about the shows (maybe you already do), you could always post 'em on our TV Thread.

I agree, I often know the first two seasons off by heart by now, but the last two seasons are more difficult. I've seen S3 and S4 less often as well.

Quote:
I hope they have at least a handful of scenes, that'd be enough for me. Argh, I'm looking so much forward to that movie, and then I'm not able to watch it on television cos I'm from Europe and then I'll have to wait some weeks for the dvd release and then I have to wait for my package to arrive....
Yes, a handful of scenes. Hopefully one with lots of smiles from both of them! That will be well worth the wait!

Argh, I can't wait either. We'll have to party on the website and this thread when it airs. Finally we'll have some new Emily stuff to talk about!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
That is a lot of shows! You know, if you wanted to post your thoughts about the shows (maybe you already do), you could always post 'em on our TV Thread.
Oh didn't know that! Yeah, I'll do that. To calm you down: Home Improvement, Malcolm In The Middle are my daily shows, one episode per day. I watched a lot of The Wonder Years, I hope I finish season 3, took a longer break. The rest is current US-schedule, so I watch these shows weekly. I tried to watch Rookie Blue, but didn't get further than 4 episodes, same with PTTR. I'll try to watch more regularly, but often I'm not in the mood.

Quote:
I agree, I often know the first two seasons off by heart by now, but the last two seasons are more difficult. I've seen S3 and S4 less often as well.
I had to wait until this year to watch season 3 on dvd. By the way: I've watched season 3 for two times! And then I decided to watch season 4. Maybe I'll rewatch it when the dvd is release this year, but I'm not sure, cos it was not the best season, and Emily had not many good storylines.

Quote:
Argh, I can't wait either. We'll have to party on the website and this thread when it airs. Finally we'll have some new Emily stuff to talk about!
That's so mean. I'll mark the 24th of April in my calendar and won't visit this thread for this week.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think I'm going to be doing one soon because I'm FINALLY going to get my sister to watch. After four seasons, I got her into Friday Night Lights and she absolutely loved that. Depending on both of our schedules, it may take a really long time but it will get done!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

I forgot. I uploaded many Emily screenshots I did from the released Everwood / Brothers & Sisters dvds, so maybe you’re interested, it’s just my personal best of Emily from now 3 some seasons (more to come, but it’ll take me some time), so maybe you liked it. All pictures are 1440 x 810 pixels.

Everwood Season 3: (296 pics)
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Brothers & Sisters Season 3: (126 pics)

Brothers & Sisters Season 4: (218 pics)

I think B&S Season 1 is doable, I did a part of Season 2, but not all, and I honestly don’t know why. You’ll have to wait for Everwood, that’s just too much work at the moment.
If I should get the feeling there’s too little Emily in my life I do it soon.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I think I'm going to be doing one soon because I'm FINALLY going to get my sister to watch. After four seasons, I got her into Friday Night Lights and she absolutely loved that. Depending on both of our schedules, it may take a really long time but it will get done!
Ooh, nice! Let us know what she thinks. And what you think, at that. Always something new with a rewatch of this show.

Quote:
That's so mean. I'll mark the 24th of April in my calendar and won't visit this thread for this week.
Oh, well, we can't have that. I'll cancel the celebration. *calls to cancel balloons and flowers*

We'll move the big celebration to after you get to see it, heh.

Quote:
I had to wait until this year to watch season 3 on dvd. By the way: I've watched season 3 for two times! And then I decided to watch season 4. Maybe I'll rewatch it when the dvd is release this year, but I'm not sure, cos it was not the best season, and Emily had not many good storylines.
I remember Emily being a big part of S4, but then another poster was rewatching and pointed out that there were quite a few episodes where Emily didn't have very much to do, and one where she didn't show up at all.

Thanks for the pics as well. Lots of Smiley Emily in the S3 Everwood pack. That might be the best part of S3.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Ooh, nice! Let us know what she thinks. And what you think, at that. Always something new with a rewatch of this show.
I did a similar thing last year. I had watched I think season 1-2 of Everwood and told a forum-guy that he could check out "Everwood" maybe he'll like it. And so he did and he watched it until the end, it took him a bit long than me, but it was great, cos he didn't know the show at all, I did, and we could write about one of my fav shows.

Quote:
Oh, well, we can't have that. I'll cancel the celebration. *calls to cancel balloons and flowers*

We'll move the big celebration to after you get to see it, heh.
That's to kind. You don't have to do that, but it makes me sad having to wait for let's say 1-2 more months after the tv broadcast.

Quote:
I remember Emily being a big part of S4, but then another poster was rewatching and pointed out that there were quite a few episodes where Emily didn't have very much to do, and one where she didn't show up at all.

Thanks for the pics as well. Lots of Smiley Emily in the S3 Everwood pack. That might be the best part of S3.
Nah, that's true, Emily didn't show up in one S4 episode at all, but that was no big loss (and you know how angry I get if Madame VanCamp has little or no screentime ), cos what they did with her character was just boring, I swear boring, and I'm the last person that goes around and says those things about Amy Abbott! Amy was just there to follow her teacher, Reid and Ephram, she didn't really grow up, I was disappointed what the writers did with her character. Ephram's storylines were way more interesting. Amy was just there to be there. Yeah, lot of SMEMILEY. Of course I handselected only the best pictures of Emily, that's why there are so many cute smiley Emily images.

No, Season 3 was not bad at all, actually it was better than season 4. Season 4 was also not bad, but just a bit disappointing, cos it was not the Everwood from the first 2 seasons.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I did a similar thing last year. I had watched I think season 1-2 of Everwood and told a forum-guy that he could check out "Everwood" maybe he'll like it. And so he did and he watched it until the end, it took him a bit long than me, but it was great, cos he didn't know the show at all, I did, and we could write about one of my fav shows.
That's great. It's always best to watch a show like this and be able to discuss it with someone. Having someone else's point of view, you get to see a whole different side of the show in a way. That's why I love this place. I've watched the show from pretty much every angle by now thanks to everyone here!

Quote:
That's to kind. You don't have to do that, but it makes me sad having to wait for let's say 1-2 more months after the tv broadcast.
That does suck. But maybe you can find it online somehow? Not that I'm...encouraging that or anything.

Quote:
Nah, that's true, Emily didn't show up in one S4 episode at all, but that was no big loss (and you know how angry I get if Madame VanCamp has little or no screentime ), cos what they did with her character was just boring, I swear boring, and I'm the last person that goes around and says those things about Amy Abbott! Amy was just there to follow her teacher, Reid and Ephram, she didn't really grow up, I was disappointed what the writers did with her character. Ephram's storylines were way more interesting. Amy was just there to be there.
Aw, that's too bad that you disliked what they did with Amy that season. I thought she had some good moments. Not as much as I would have liked, of course. Plus, she got that sweet moment with Ephram in the very end. Emily was all sorts of cute in that scene.

Quote:
Yeah, lot of SMEMILEY. Of course I handselected only the best pictures of Emily, that's why there are so many cute smiley Emily images.
Haha, SMEMILY! I like that.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
That does suck. But maybe you can find it online somehow? Not that I'm...encouraging that or anything.
Nah, the rules, the rules, THE RULES. I'm hoping for a soon release on dvd, if that is cleared and you guys say that it was a good movie (okay, I can see it in front of me ), than I can wait some more weeks. Don't let that stop you from having a great time with a hopefully great movie.

Quote:
Aw, that's too bad that you disliked what they did with Amy that season. I thought she had some good moments. Not as much as I would have liked, of course. Plus, she got that sweet moment with Ephram in the very end. Emily was all sorts of cute in that scene.
I wouldn't really say dislike Amy, I disliked what the writers did with her character. But that was not only "her" problem, the whole season was a bit strange for me, seeing it for the first time (I had seen the 3rd season once before I rewatched it last year), if you do that it's not that easy to judge correct, cos you don't know what's happening in the next episode. Yeah, of course Amy had some good moments, but also some kinda boring ones, and some storylines seemed just pointless. Hm. Yeah, of course I loved the ending, that was so cute and touching, though they rushed the finale, for me it felt 3/4 like a regular episode, and the last 5-8 minutes they made it a finale. That was not great, but it was a nice finale.

Is it okay if we talk about Everwood in the Emily thread? That's a bit strange. And if I got you on the line: Could you be so kind to summarize, what Greg Berlanti had planned for a possible season 5? I read it somewhere around here, but I only remember that he had planned Ephram + Hannah and Nina beeing pregnant from Jake. Don't know if there was something more.

Just a short offtopic (but we've got no news to talk about anyway): I always read what new shows are coming and so on, cos I like to keep my eyes open for new things to watch. And when I see what kind of actors get roles, then I sometimes think to myself: If this girl can play this role, how great could Emily be in the same role. That's not a 100 % fair, but I think she's more talented then some actresses that get chosen for tv-shows. So I think she'd definitely had a good chance to land a role.

Quote:
Haha, SMEMILY! I like that.
Sounds kind of strange. What was I thinking?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Is it okay if we talk about Everwood in the Emily thread?
Most definitely. This is, after all, an Everwood Board.

Quote:
I wouldn't really say dislike Amy, I disliked what the writers did with her character. But that was not only "her" problem, the whole season was a bit strange for me, seeing it for the first time (I had seen the 3rd season once before I rewatched it last year), if you do that it's not that easy to judge correct, cos you don't know what's happening in the next episode. Yeah, of course Amy had some good moments, but also some kinda boring ones, and some storylines seemed just pointless.
I kind of feel the same way as you do here, Matt. I'm interested in hearing which Emily story lines this season you disliked the most.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread