Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she might be busy auditioning
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm getting the feeling we probably won't get a glimpse of her again until April/May when "Let Them Shine" airs . I'm crossing my fingers she does some talk shows to promote it. I know Jennifer Love-Hewitt has a Hallmark Hall of Fame TV movie airing this Sunday and she's doing four talk shows this week. Really hope Emily does as many to promote her HHoF movie.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

only 3-4 months left until one of her movies airs? I'm starting a countdown now, only 135360 hours left or so.

Why does Emily have to audit (that sounds wrong, but I don't care )? I think when she walks in and opens her mouth and smiles she gets every role she wants - except if the producers are stupid jerks who think another actress is more famous and they take her instead of Em.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

April/May? But I want Emily nooooooow. I agree that it would be great to see her out promoting the TV movie. Wasn't it such a thrill when she was on the talk show circuit last year? LOVED it. She's adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes
And Em has seemingly stopped going to events. It's been almost seven months since she last did. That's the longest stretch I can remember in recent years.
Why do you think that is? Do you think she's just taking a little break from those events after being on TV for so long and going to them so often, or is there something else? Just curious.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
April/May? But I want Emily nooooooow.
I know what you mean. So, about three months to go. The rumor I heard was that it was either going to air the last week of April, or the first week of May.

Quote:
I agree that it would be great to see her out promoting the TV movie. Wasn't it such a thrill when she was on the talk show circuit last year? LOVED it. She's adorable!
It was great seeing her do all those talk shows. She was so adorable. I think chances are pretty good she'll do at least one for "Let Them Shine." After all, she is the star of the movie. Hopefully it'll be more than one though .

Quote:
Why do you think that is? Do you think she's just taking a little break from those events after being on TV for so long and going to them so often, or is there something else? Just curious.
I don't know. She used to at least go to one every three months or so, but she slowly started attending less and less starting in 2010. Maybe she and her boyfriend prefer doing other things. Not sure. Really wish she'd pop up at a few now and again though, just to put her face out there. Sometimes I worry her not doing that might hurt her career opportunities. But perhaps I'm worrying too much .
Old 01-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
I don't know. She used to at least go to one every three months or so, but she slowly started attending less and less starting in 2010. Maybe she and her boyfriend prefer doing other things. Not sure. Really wish she'd pop up at a few now and again though, just to put her face out there. Sometimes I worry her not doing that might hurt her career opportunities. But perhaps I'm worrying too much .
Interesting question. Emily was in the spotlight for the last 8 or rather say 4 years, and she said she's normally not the person that attends those events, so I think she takes a break from Hollywood, concentrates on her new career and her new movies. You're definitely not the only person worrying a bit what could happen to Em, because I always think: What if she doesn't get a fitting role? I don't think she wants to do independent movies for the next 30 years. But on the other hand I think she must have a plan, because you don't just quit on a successfull show, because she surely was paid good money, more than she will now earn with those small productions, and she would have gotten a new maybe tv-role much easier if the would have stayed on B&S until the very last episode. I hope her new movies see the light of day very soon and I get the opportunity to buy them. But now I stop worrying for some hours and think of different things. I think May 2011 will be my favourite months of this year.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes
It was great seeing her do all those talk shows. She was so adorable. I think chances are pretty good she'll do at least one for "Let Them Shine." After all, she is the star of the movie. Hopefully it'll be more than one though.
I sure hope it's a bunch. *crosses fingers*

Quote:
I don't know. She used to at least go to one every three months or so, but she slowly started attending less and less starting in 2010. Maybe she and her boyfriend prefer doing other things. Not sure. Really wish she'd pop up at a few now and again though, just to put her face out there. Sometimes I worry her not doing that might hurt her career opportunities. But perhaps I'm worrying too much
Aw, well, I think we're all protective of her and worrying because we all want her to do so well. It's just natural.

Has pilot season started yet for actors? I know a few cable pilots have started casting, but not many. Maybe she's focused on that at the moment?
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-31-2011, 01:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Big update on the site about " Let Them Shine." They changed the name of the movie. Plus, it's got an official air date! And there's a new pic in the gallery.

I think they showed a little ad for it after the HHoF movie last night on CBS. Unfortunately, I forgot it was on, so I missed it. Gah! Kicking myself right now.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Eee, very exciting! An air date is the big thing, no more uncertainty. Finally!

Hee, we whine a little bit about not having any news and then BAM, huge news. Funny how things work!

Thanks for the update, GreyEyes. Much appreciated as always.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

I send a mail to ORF (Austrian Television), cos the German wikipedia said, that they'll broadcast "Ben Hur" in 2011 in Austria/Germany. Unfortunately the answer I received today was not good, they're not planning to show it for the next 3 months, so I think they won't show it around Eastern as well. But that's doesn't concern me anymore, still I'm hoping for a dvd release/tv-broadcast soon, now I'm waiting for May, that'll be a great time for celebrating ours Emily. What I don't understand: How can they shoot a 2-part-movie for 30 Million US $ (or 22,5 Million € ) and then not show it? Maybe someone has to much money lying around, it's alright not to show it for one year, but they do not seem to even care? It would've been perfect, if they had shown it in 2009, 50 years after the original Ben Hur.

Yeah, thank you GreyEyes for the big news, that you deliver ASAP, that's so great of you.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 02-04-2011 at 12:40 PM
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

You're not alone, ForVanAngel. It's the same deal with ABC here in the States. I have no clue when they plan on airing it. The rumors it was going to air around Christmastime last year obviously never panned out. Recently I read rumors it might air during the summer, but I refuse to write anything about it on the site unless ABC actually sets an official air date. I'm really beginning to wonder whether they plan on airing it at all. And even if they do, I have a feeling it won't be released with much fanfare. I was hoping Em would do some promotion for it, like a talk show or something, but I doubt that that will happen now.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you, at least one person that understands what I'm feeling. And I think it's absolutely okay that Emily does not promote the movie, cos she has not the lead role, just one role (from what I've sneak peaked ^^) in a movie full of people. And I think she has moved on, why should you as an actor care about work you did 2 years ago? That's a long time ago, I'd rather promote movies that have a release date and not bother with old work. Anyway, Greetings to Canada, we don't need America for "Ben Hur" anymore. But it would be very nice.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I had forgotten that Ben Hur hasn't played in so many countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel
What I don't understand: How can they shoot a 2-part-movie for 30 Million US $ (or 22,5 Million € ) and then not show it? Maybe someone has to much money lying around, it's alright not to show it for one year, but they do not seem to even care?
Really good question. I don't get it either. How do they expect to make any money when it's just sitting there? They could NOT have made anywhere near 30 million from CBC airing it in Canada once.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't know about this! I hope she and Treat have a lot of scenes together. They had a good chemistry on Everwood and yet we rarely saw them interact in the third and fourth seasons. I love the show but that kind of stuff happened too much.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
I didn't know about this! I hope she and Treat have a lot of scenes together. They had a good chemistry on Everwood and yet we rarely saw them interact in the third and fourth seasons. I love the show but that kind of stuff happened too much.
Agreed completely. I really hope they at least have one scene together. You're right about them having good chemistry. I also hope we get, like, a behind the scenes video or interview, just to see the two of them interacting together IRL. Would be fun.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread