Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)

ForVanAngel, I forgot if you mentioned it yet, but if not, were you able to get the S1 commentaries to hear Emily?

And I hope you enjoy Mad Men. Jessica's part starts off very small, but grows bigger. Plus, it's the show that Emily was considered for one of the lead roles, but Berlanti kept her for Brothers & Sisters.
No, I think you mean the season 1 episode 20 or 22 or something, but I'll definitely watch it, thanks for reminding me.

"Mad Men" is not my favourite show, some episodes are kinda average, but all in all I like the show and enjoy watching it. Wouldn't miss it and I'm glad that the dvd release is end of march in England. Okay, so I don't have to worry, Jessicas seems to get enough scenes. Greg Berlanti is a good man, B&S without Rebecca? Argh.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForVanAngel (View Post)
No, I think you mean the season 1 episode 20 or 22 or something, but I'll definitely watch it, thanks for reminding me.

"Mad Men" is not my favourite show, some episodes are kinda average, but all in all I like the show and enjoy watching it. Wouldn't miss it and I'm glad that the dvd release is end of march in England. Okay, so I don't have to worry, Jessicas seems to get enough scenes. Greg Berlanti is a good man, B&S without Rebecca? Argh.
Yes, that's what I mean. Hope you get to hear it soon. You get such a great sense of how much Emily loved playing Amy.

Hee, yes, B&S without Rebecca and Emily? Would we even have watched it? I guess Emily would have gotten more screentime on Mad Men, since the creator was thinking of casting her as Peggy, but that's so hard to imagine! Maybe she'll show up for another role, though. I'd love to see her all dressed up and looking old school like that.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yes, that's what I mean. Hope you get to hear it soon. You get such a great sense of how much Emily loved playing Amy.

Hee, yes, B&S without Rebecca and Emily? Would we even have watched it? I guess Emily would have gotten more screentime on Mad Men, since the creator was thinking of casting her as Peggy, but that's so hard to imagine! Maybe she'll show up for another role, though. I'd love to see her all dressed up and looking old school like that.
Argh, now Imma watch it soon, maybe now, prefer some Emily over the Cape. Of course I'll let you know. And now I did it.

Treat is there too. And a lot of producers. And Tom Amandes! Ah, Emily. Oh my gosh, she was soooooo young, so cute. Emily doesn’t like bad boys. She wanted to date Eminem? I understand why Em had problems with fighting all the time with actors that she loves – like Tom. Yes; I heard Emily quietly saying, she can’t sing louder because she laughed to much. I’m glad, that they changed from “Rocketman” (also a great song!) to “Man On The Moon” from R.E.M. Oh, Emily had a snowmobile accident? Poor baby. Emily was so great in Everwood, she had so many great moments, no comparison to B&S. I admire those actors who are able to play characters that a so different from them self, compare Amy to Emily, that’s such a huge difference. And Emily just mentioned for a second that she wouldn’t have worn a bikini just to improve the ratings. Love her for that. I liked the audio commentary, normally I’ve got absolutely no time to watch them, I’ve got on million commentaries to watch, don’t know where I would start.

Great finale, one of the best episodes I’ve ever seen! Such great actors, oh how I miss them all. Everwood has one of, if not my favourite cast of all time, there are other shows that I love but characters that I don’t like that much, but Everwood is almost perfect, at least speaking of the main cast of season 1. Season 1 was just perfect, I watched it for I think 3 times, and it doesn’t get boring. Perfect.

And by the way: I bought those 2 Everwood posters last week.

They look great on my wall.

Yesterday I thought to myself: What if Emily would have played Peggy? Hm, all in all she would have had not so much screentime, cos Peggy is not in every episode, I think she had got the same amout of screentime as in B&S, she had enough scenes in season 4. I don't know if you remember, but I once wrote, that they had Roxy Olin (daughter of ...) in mind for the role of Rebecca. I was not a fan of her performances as Michelle, I think I had stopped B&S after end of season 3. I read opinions of some people and they thought Rebecca/Justin was just boring. I think if it wasn't for Emily, her scenes would be at least half the fun as they are for a fan. But Mad Men is a more serious show than B&S, I love to see my Emily play a happy smiling girl.

Found that pic, I think it's Emily in there, next to Paul Wasilewski (or Wesley, but I refuse to call him that. )

Sometimes I'm wandering thru google to find a new picture of Emily. Yeah, that's what I do...sometimes. Creepy.

Last edited by ForVanAngel; 01-24-2011 at 02:59 PM
Old 01-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sometimes I'm wandering thru google to find a new picture of Emily. Yeah, that's what I do...sometimes. Creepy.
You're not creepy. You're just being a fan. I love your posters.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Aw, where do you buy those posters? Those are awesome. I would totally buy a poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
You're not creepy. You're just being a fan.
Agreed 100%. Don't feel creepy, ForVanAngel. Creepy is if you actually follow Emily around and take pictures!

Yay, so glad you enjoyed the commentaries!

Quote:
Yes; I heard Emily quietly saying, she can’t sing louder because she laughed to much
Isn't that just adorable? It sounds like Emily had a lot of fun on the show, and liked everyone, including the writers and producers. Great to hear, isn't it?

Quote:
But Mad Men is a more serious show than B&S, I love to see my Emily play a happy smiling girl.
Good point. I want her in a commmmeeeddddy! Lots of laughing and smiling. She's got a wonderful laugh and smile, I hope we get to see more of it soon.

Is that Ben MacKenzie on the left of the photo? Sarah Drew's cousin. I wonder what the occasion for the picture is. Either way, a big Emily smile in that one! Thanks for posting it.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Aw, where do you buy those posters? Those are awesome. I would totally buy a poster.
I found them at amazon.com, I decided that it was time for some posters in my room, they're not very big but I found a place to put them on the wall, next to my Emily Gallery.

Quote:
Agreed 100%. Don't feel creepy, ForVanAngel. Creepy is if you actually follow Emily around and take pictures!
Na won't do that until I'm rich and can follow her around wherever she goes.

Quote:
Yay, so glad you enjoyed the commentaries!
Thanks! Was nice to see some Everwood, cos I've just finished the show last year and won't watch it for a long time now.

Quote:
Isn't that just adorable? It sounds like Emily had a lot of fun on the show, and liked everyone, including the writers and producers. Great to hear, isn't it?
I think she had a great time acting and she like the whole cast. But I always wonder if that is true, cos every actor says only the best things about his collegues/producers/writers and so on - but Emily won't lie. But I think it's great, and Mr. Berlanti mentioned, that the network (The WB) didn't push the writers to change things, though the ratings were not great.

Quote:
Good point. I want her in a commmmeeeddddy! Lots of laughing and smiling. She's got a wonderful laugh and smile, I hope we get to see more of it soon.
Yeah! That's wishful thinking, but some light comedy would be good, I think with "Norman" we've got a thing to look forward to.

Quote:
Is that Ben MacKenzie on the left of the photo? Sarah Drew's cousin. I wonder what the occasion for the picture is. Either way, a big Emily smile in that one! Thanks for posting it.
Yes, that's him! Emily used to date Ben, there are some pics of her and him kissing floating around the net. That explains everything, I knew but forgot that he is related to Sarah - she was on Mad Men btw. - so it was no problem that they met. I wonder if Em likes older men, first Chris Pratt who is like 8 years older and Ben must be around the same age. I don't like the idea of Emily dating someone at all, but that's another story. Yeah, found it just some hours ago, when there's a will, there's a way - one more, YAY!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah! That's wishful thinking, but some light comedy would be good, I think with "Norman" we've got a thing to look forward to.
"Norman" really isn't a comedy, per se. Definitely not a light comedy. I mean, there are some funny scenes, including some with Emily, and she does play a relatively happy character, but the movie itself can be pretty dark at times. Most of the film revolves around Norman trying to come to terms with his father's impending death and the fact that he's going to be alone, since his mother died in a car accident. He even contemplates suicide. Em has a truly fantastic scene towards the end of the movie where she pours her heart out to Norman about how she truly feels about him. I swear, she's one of the best criers out there.

I was hoping the movie would play at Sundance and that we'd get a chance to see Emily there, but they didn't seem to enter it. Not sure why. Hopefully they'll release a trailer soon. I can't imagine they're gonna keep playing at film festivals for too much longer. I'd love to discuss the film more with you guys, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here that's seen it...

Last edited by GreyEyes; 01-24-2011 at 05:37 PM
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes
I'd love to discuss the film more with you guys, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that's seen it...
I think that's true. But it's definitely a pleasure to read your thoughts on it... fans the flames of excitement. Whenever I read what great things you have to say about this film, I get all fidgety because I can't wait to see it. Thank you for that, hee.

Quote:
Your eyeball might not be, but my eyeball is.

No, no, I was just teasing about that (I think...) and the perverted part. Turn that frown upside down!
"My eyeball's eyeball is perverted"... I should put that in my sig.

Turned frown upside down.

Quote:
Japp, Season 1 ist one of my at least top 3 seasons of all tv shows I've seen!
Great. ... just out of curiosity, what other seasons are up there?

Quote:
Nah, no problem. I'll check out "Glory Days", but because of my current very tight tv schedule I can't find any time. But it's better that way, I have something to look forward to in case no movie is released the next months.
Okily-dokily, let me know if you think it's better when not taken seriously. It's always good to have something to look forward to anyway.

Quote:
That'd be great, really!

I already watched it! Watched and took notes, but I didn't come to a clear conclusion if this movie would be worth it for you or not... so I'll just try to explain what you'll get to see in the movie, although I'm not sure I'm good at this, I'm a little confused and tired.
Okay, don't let this baffle you to much - I counted 21 scenes with Emily in them, while 2 of those are nearly the same, because of flashback, but one shows a brief close-up on Emily that the other is missing. Unfortunately, this number is not saying much, because I counted all scenes in which she was somehow present, even if you barely see her. Another reason why this number isn't saying much is that all scenes (which I define to be as long as until an abrupt change of scenery or time) are quite short, if not partly extremely short (maybe a minute or even less?).
So, five of these scenes have Emily as one of two main characters, four of these five are even fairly long (just for this movie, though, generally speaking, they're still short). One of these scenes has a really adorable laugh of Emily's, which was just... and a huge highlight for me.
In seven - or eight if you count the flashback one - (also short to extremely short) scenes she is rather well in view, there are some close-ups, but she's not the center of attention and she doesn't speak all that much.
Then there is one very short scene where the characters are playing catch so you don't exactly see her clearly since she is running, but once she's pretty much in close-up and laughing again and it's not much but it's somewhat cute..
Then in six scenes, she is mainly in the background, there are few close-ups and she says a word or two once, but it's not exactly much Emily in those.
That last missing scene barely counts because Emily is walking right behind another girl and you can only guess her... because you see her legs... maybe her nose once?
Well, what I can say to all this is that while Emily's appearances certainly don't dominate the movie (well, to me they do ), her character, as the daughter of the protagonist, at least plays a rather important part and for this kind of movie... I think she doesn't have too little screen time, but that's really just my opinion, I will have to say that (aside from those five scenes that I mentioned first) while you do get to see her plenty of times, also in close-ups it's mostly just brief moments of Emily and nothing compared to what you saw of her in Brothers&Sisters.. I really don't know how to explain all this and I don't know how helpful this messy text of mine is... so I guess maybe you should wait around till it's on TV again, then you can decide for yourself... I wouldn't want you to be disappointed if my description turns out to be so bad you didn't get what you expected.

Quote:
Ich weiß. Ich hab mich gefreut, dass endlich auch mal Deutschland/Österreich (glaub der ORF hätte diesen 2-Teiler auch gezeigt) in den Genuss von Emily kommt, aber Pustekuchen. Ich verstehe es auch nicht. Weiß nicht ob du das mitgekriegt hast: ein US-Sender (History irgendwas) hat eine 8-Teilige-Serie über die Kennedys gedreht, aber lässt sie jetzt nicht ausstrahlen, weil's nicht politisch korrekt ist. Gibt also Gründe gewisse Sachen zu drehen, aber nicht auszustrahlen. Leider. Ui, jetzt bin ich mächtig sauer auf Pro 7. Österreicht hat Everwood gezeigt, und B&S zumindest die erste Staffel schon vor ein paar Jahren, und sogar Glory Days lief da. Sonst wäre ich nicht so schnell auf die liebe Emily gestoßen.
Mh, ich verstehe, dass es wohl Gründe gibt, gewisse Dinge nicht auszustrahlen. Aber es sollte keinen Grund geben, uns Emily vorzuenthalten! Selbst wenn Ben Hur so schlecht ist, dass wir die einzigen sind, die's bis zum Ende aushalten, sollten sie's ausstrahlen, weil... es ist Emily...
Glory Days hatten wir auch. Auf RTL2 im Nachtprogramm, die Nacht durch hintereinander alle Folgen, zwei mal... da kannte ich Emily gerade kurze Zeit von Everwood und zappte eines Nachts ziellos durchs Programm und da war sie. Ich dachte mir: "Hihi, die kenn ich!" und hab die Serie dann auch die ganze Nacht bis Sonnenaufgang geguckt. Da war's in Sachen Emily auch um mich geschehen.

Quote:
Huh, am I a genius or what? Maybe if I meet Mrs. VanCamp, I could have a halfway decent conversation with her using some french words.
I'm sure you could.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry. But they have to. Maybe you ask your brother.
My brother found the time and I saw it. Hehe. Really cute, Emily in French. Aww, too cute. Thank you for the videos.

Quote:
Okay, then we can help each other if Em does a production in French or Spanish.
Sure. If improving my Spanish works out...

Quote:
I don't know. I like Jessica Paré, but I'm not a real fan. I really liked her in "Lost & Delirious" and "Jack & Bobby", and that's all I've seen from her. In the next 3-4 months I'll start with Mad Men Season 4, where she will have a role. That's great. So I'm no fan, but I like her. Hope that answers your question.
Sure that answers the question. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
Great. ... just out of curiosity, what other seasons are up there?
Argh. Can't say exactly which seasons, but Six Feet Under, LOST (though I'm not sure if they are still great, cos I didn't like the final), Gilmore Girls, first season of Roswell, first Breaking Bad and Dexter season, and also Dawson's Creek. That's it.

Quote:

I already watched it! Watched and took notes, but I didn't come to a clear conclusion if this movie would be worth it for you or not... so I'll just try to explain what you'll get to see in the movie, although I'm not sure I'm good at this, I'm a little confused and tired.
Oh.my.gosh! ³ What you wrote is just mind-blowing. Sorry for my question: Are we talking about "A Different Loyality"? I'm not sure anymore, couldn't find it in this thread. If Emily laughs I'm gonna buy the DVD. That's enough for me. I can buy it from england for some bucks, that's really not a risk, and gives me a good feeling having one more movie of Emily in my dvd-collecition. Merci beaucoup pour regarde le film. It sounds like more Emily scences than I've expected.

Quote:
Glory Days hatten wir auch. Auf RTL2 im Nachtprogramm, die Nacht durch hintereinander alle Folgen, zwei mal... da kannte ich Emily gerade kurze Zeit von Everwood und zappte eines Nachts ziellos durchs Programm und da war sie. Ich dachte mir: "Hihi, die kenn ich!" und hab die Serie dann auch die ganze Nacht bis Sonnenaufgang geguckt. Da war's in Sachen Emily auch um mich geschehen.
Da ging's dir fast genauso wie mir. Ich hab auch immer am Montag Abend so um 21:00 Uhr am ORF 1 "Glory Days" angeschaut, Everwood hingegen ignoriert. Hab's dann zufällig gesehen und mir gedacht: Die kenn ich doch! Die erste Szene die ich sah war jene wo Emily dieses komische Kolonial-Kleid trug, weil sie mit der Familie sowas nachspielen musste, glaub das war der Rückblick wie es zu Colin's Unfall kam. Dann hab ich die Serie weitergeschaut und immer weiter - leider kam ich nur bis Ende Staffel 2 damals und nach etwas Recherche stellte sich die Darstellerin als Volltreffer heraus, wer hätte das geahnt.

Quote:
My brother found the time and I saw it. Hehe. Really cute, Emily in French. Aww, too cute. Thank you for the videos.
YAY! And is he a fan now too? Who can resist the cuteness of Queen Emily? If he can, he's not really your brother, he was secretely adopted.

Quote:
Sure that answers the question. Thanks.
Parfait!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
"Norman" really isn't a comedy, per se. Definitely not a light comedy. I mean, there are some funny scenes, including some with Emily, and she does play a relatively happy character, but the movie itself can be pretty dark at times. Most of the film revolves around Norman trying to come to terms with his father's impending death and the fact that he's going to be alone, since his mother died in a car accident. He even contemplates suicide. Em has a truly fantastic scene towards the end of the movie where she pours her heart out to Norman about how she truly feels about him. I swear, she's one of the best criers out there.

I was hoping the movie would play at Sundance and that we'd get a chance to see Emily there, but they didn't seem to enter it. Not sure why. Hopefully they'll release a trailer soon. I can't imagine they're gonna keep playing at film festivals for too much longer. I'd love to discuss the film more with you guys, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one here that's seen it...
Wow, I didn't know it was going to be that dark. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise with the subject matter, but still, I was expecting a little lighter!

Is there...a way to watch it? You know... *cough*
Old 01-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Is there...a way to watch it? You know... *cough*
No. Sorry.

Indie movies are pretty hard to catch, especially when they're only doing the festival circuit. The best you can hope for is that they play at a festival near where you live. I was lucky "Norman" played at a festival close by, though "close by" was an hour drive. Nevertheless, I'm glad I got a chance to see it and don't have to wait until it finally gets a wider release. Not that I'm gloating...

I really wish Em would attend an event or something. It's been so long since she last did. I miss seeing her . And , of course, I miss actually having new stuff to update the site with.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Argh. Can't say exactly which seasons, but Six Feet Under, LOST (though I'm not sure if they are still great, cos I didn't like the final), Gilmore Girls, first season of Roswell, first Breaking Bad and Dexter season, and also Dawson's Creek. That's it.
Interesting list. I don't know any of these shows too well... but my curiosity is satisfied.

Quote:
Oh.my.gosh! ³ What you wrote is just mind-blowing. Sorry for my question: Are we talking about "A Different Loyality"? I'm not sure anymore, couldn't find it in this thread. If Emily laughs I'm gonna buy the DVD. That's enough for me. I can buy it from england for some bucks, that's really not a risk, and gives me a good feeling having one more movie of Emily in my dvd-collecition. Merci beaucoup pour regarde le film. It sounds like more Emily scences than I've expected.
Glad I could help.
Yes, we're talking about "A Different Loyalty". You could also buy it from Germany... unless UK is cheaper, of course.
You're welcome. It's pretty short scenes, though...

Quote:
Da ging's dir fast genauso wie mir. Ich hab auch immer am Montag Abend so um 21:00 Uhr am ORF 1 "Glory Days" angeschaut, Everwood hingegen ignoriert. Hab's dann zufällig gesehen und mir gedacht: Die kenn ich doch! Die erste Szene die ich sah war jene wo Emily dieses komische Kolonial-Kleid trug, weil sie mit der Familie sowas nachspielen musste, glaub das war der Rückblick wie es zu Colin's Unfall kam. Dann hab ich die Serie weitergeschaut und immer weiter - leider kam ich nur bis Ende Staffel 2 damals und nach etwas Recherche stellte sich die Darstellerin als Volltreffer heraus, wer hätte das geahnt.
Also war's bei dir genau umgekehrt. Witzig, dass wir beide über eine zweite Serie direkt von ihr vereinnahmt wurden. Glückstreffer für uns beide.
Ich weiß von welcher Szene du redest, dann bist du ja doch noch relativ früh auf die Serie gestoßen. Warum kamst du denn nur bis Staffel zwei?

Quote:
YAY! And is he a fan now too? Who can resist the cuteness of Queen Emily? If he can, he's not really your brother, he was secretely adopted.
No, he's not a fan... I've never been able to convince him. I don't know what's wrong with him.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Interesting list. I don't know any of these shows too well... but my curiosity is satisfied.
Oh my, watch it watch it watch it!

Quote:
Glad I could help.
Yes, we're talking about "A Different Loyalty". You could also buy it from Germany... unless UK is cheaper, of course.
You're welcome. It's pretty short scenes, though...
Don't care, if she has more scenes than in "the Ring Two" it's alright for me.

Quote:
Also war's bei dir genau umgekehrt. Witzig, dass wir beide über eine zweite Serie direkt von ihr vereinnahmt wurden. Glückstreffer für uns beide.
Ich weiß von welcher Szene du redest, dann bist du ja doch noch relativ früh auf die Serie gestoßen. Warum kamst du denn nur bis Staffel zwei?
Ja, genau umgekehrt. Un-glaub-lich. Na, also ich hab glaube #2.08 oder so mit der Serie begonnen und dann halt bis Ende S2 geschaut, dann endlich mal die Wiederholdung mitbekommen und S1-2 geguckt. S3 kam zumindest damals nicht am ORF, leider hab ich keine deutschen Sender (was mich aber normal eher freut ) und somit musste ich lange warten, aber jetzt bin ich gerüstet und hab alles gesehen.

Quote:
No, he's not a fan... I've never been able to convince him. I don't know what's wrong with him.
Oh how can he. Erm, wait: That means more Emily for us! I know that feeling, my friends can't pretend they don't know Emily, but they don't care.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEyes (View Post)
No. Sorry.
Shucks. I hate to watch things...that way, but I'd do it for Emily! Well, I guess it wouldn't be for Emily, because she wouldn't be getting any money from it, heh.

When the movie was shown at the festival, did you pay normal movie fees to go? You think they'd need to charge more to make a profit. /random financial tangent

Quote:
Not that I'm gloating...
Suuuuure.

Quote:
I really wish Em would attend an event or something. It's been so long since she last did. I miss seeing her . And , of course, I miss actually having new stuff to update the site with.
Hmm, true. I can't imagine how hard it can be sometimes to run the website. It must be very frustrating sometimes, but then when she does make an appearance, it can then be very exciting. Here's hoping Divided Highway works out! *crosses fingers*
Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
When the movie was shown at the festival, did you pay normal movie fees to go? You think they'd need to charge more to make a profit. /random financial tangent
I don't remember the exact price, but I know it wasn't any more expensive than the price of a regular movie ticket. Indies don't really play at festivals to make money. It's more about getting the word out about the film and trying to find distribution. Getting festival awards also helps make the film more appealing to buyers and to viewers once it's finally released.

Quote:
Hmm, true. I can't imagine how hard it can be sometimes to run the website. It must be very frustrating sometimes, but then when she does make an appearance, it can then be very exciting.
Yeah, it can definitely be frustrating sometimes, especially times like now when Emily isn't doing anything. When she was on B&S, it was a lot easier because I always had plenty of Emily stuff to update the site with. Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad she left the show, but it's not a lot of fun running the site when I've got nothing new to post . And Em has seemingly stopped going to events. It's been almost seven months since she last did. That's the longest stretch I can remember in recent years.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread