Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2018, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
True , but you know more than what people know about him. He just like me does not reveal really himself to people. If I have seen more is because I observe more than the regular person. What people like about him is that they can trust him because if you tell him something, he keeps it for him.

. I think that everyone with regular common sense would.
Who knows, maybe I would? But like you pointed out, the differences in the group harmony thing. Plus, I think I work near a guy with that personality type (in the next research/lab) and I generally stay away from him because he pisses me off. Others, too. He could be an extreme though. So who knows.

Exactly.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So enough teams. Did you fill in your predictions?
Yes I have two boards going. One my dad’s work is doing and another a guy friend from Cleveland... his work is doing. I won Mike’s last year and got second in my dad’s. Mike’s co-worker joked they should ban me because I’m too good and they want a chance to win this year. This isn’t talent, lol. Part luck and part knowledge/research, sure, but anyone who studies it a bit has a good chance of success.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Your theory about my boss was so dead on Michelle. I had to re-do that bid I told you all about the other day and I had him look at what I was going to say and he edited some of the terminology concerning how to describe some new special certification that we have for our pumps. I asked him “Do you want me to send this description out to our group so we can all quote it the same way?” and he looked annoyed and he said “Net yet. We need to come to a consensus on how to say this.” Translation: “I don’t want you (meaning me, Jerry) to send this out because I (meaning him, my boss) want to get the credit and show that I’m in charge.”

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It might be up to extremes because M and I do not go against harmony just because. We are developed enough to know that in general harmony is useful for us and people work better in harmony even if we do not care for it in general and it's not our default setting. We go against it only when we know that this is our only way. We would try other ways but once we have decided that it's enough, it's really enough and then we could go to extremes to screw over someone.
Got it.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
. It's so amazing how you can predict the results so well. Incredible.
Haha thanks. Research, and I guess having played the game in the past too. So I evaluate match ups and figure out the winner that way.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Your theory about my boss was so dead on Michelle.
Thanks! Although I'm sorry my psychic feeling was right. But at least now you are prepared and know what you're dealing with. You can actually kind of turn this on him. Look at it as playing him. Knowledge is power. If you know how he ticks, you can better handle his insanity.

Quote:
I had to re-do that bid I told you all about the other day and I had him look at what I was going to say and he edited some of the terminology concerning how to describe some new special certification that we have for our pumps. I asked him “Do you want me to send this description out to our group so we can all quote it the same way?” and he looked annoyed and he said “Net yet. We need to come to a consensus on how to say this.” Translation: “I don’t want you (meaning me, Jerry) to send this out because I (meaning him, my boss) want to get the credit and show that I’m in charge.”
That's exactly it. He just wants the credit, control and when he doesn't get it, he goes passive aggressive, arrogant, and will do whatever he can to GAIN back the control. The irony is if he would have seen the bid before you sent it out he never would have given you grief or not this kind of grief because in his mind he needed to create a scenario where he was ultimately in charge of the bid. He's such a tool.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So apparently the girl texted M last night (around 9 PM) to ask him if she will get fired. M explained to her that no one is getting fired and she commented that apparently someone might. M thinks that she is talking about the ex boss. He most probably told her that he might get fired. As he is her support she naturally is worried. No one else is and no one else is asking such questions. At least this is M's theory.
The girl they hired for looks and maybe to manipulate M told him that? How would she have a feeling someone might? Ohhhh yes, it does make sense that ex boss told her he might get fired which would make her worried about her own situation, for sure. If so, how would the ex boss know he might get fired? Could it be paranoia on his end or maybe one of the higher ups did threaten his job?
Old 03-15-2018, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's still cool and awesome though .
Thanks!

So I did sleep from 7:30 until 10. I needed it, lol.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes. That girl.

I cannot say if someone had told him directly you will get fired, but the CTO and the manager definitely said that if they can't support the changes in the company, the things won't work. So he might have interpreted this as a threat.

The funny thing was that I told M that I could tell the CTO that people are getting worried about losing their job and M was like "Not people. Her" . I was like "You mean she is not a person" to which he was like "No, she is the only one because she knows that she is here because of the support of ex boss and if he is not here, she won't be here for long either". Then he was like "It makes sense as there are other people here that have protection like that" and I was like "Who?" and he laughed because he was talking about himself and the protection he gets from me. I guess he understands her struggle because he went through it few weeks ago when I told him that I might leave if things do not go my way.
Oh I can 100% see that parallel. It's bang on except you are not dirty and manipulative like the ex boss. Otherwise, it's totally a sound parallel. I can see why M would understand her POV because he's been there.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is great. Did you start watching March Madness games?
I am. There's several games on right now but paying close attention at the moment to Alan's Oklahoma. Tight game. There's a player on Oklahoma who is NBA ready right now. He's awesome and so fun to watch, especially since I can relate to the position because it is the position I played.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely ! He is very observant guy and he does understand people struggles. He might not care too much about them,
It just sounds so funny because I couldn't go there (not care) even if I tried.

Quote:
but he sees them and he shares those insights with me. He always tells me when something is bothering someone.
So is it more like he can feel for others if he's been there before? Like that?

Quote:
He is perfectly aware of what I did, he is perfectly aware that I used him for my own gain and he is totally OK with it and has no hard feelings about it.
Well, that's the thing... you were not dirty. Yes, you used him but he received great rewards as a result. He still has a job because of you! You got him away from those idiots, etc. He is reaping rewards because of what you personally did. You, on your own, basically took down ex boss and jerk. It's incredible. He knows this and I would wager a guess so does many others too.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow! How old is this player? What is his position? And so cool that he is NBA ready now!
Trae Young. He's only 19.

It's not just his shooting, his passing is incredible. You can't teach his passing.

He plays point guard... #1 spot... meaning, brings down the ball, dishes it to teammates.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow! He is only 19 and he is that good? Incredible!

Awesome. Do you think that he should leave college early and get drafted or you are more about him finishing first his college?
He’s that good. What a sick pass he just went with, lol.

I do think he’s ready. LeBron never even went to college. He went from high school to NBA. I’ve always felt if it’s borderline you stay in college but when you’re ready you go pro. He’s ready.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know. This is the big difference between you and M. He understands people and he knows when they have issues and why they have issues but he does not actually feels their pain. He just sees it and if he thinks that it makes sense he would do something about it. He does not do it for everyone though. Only for people that are close to him.
Got it. Yeah it’s different, indeed.

Quote:
Maybe it's something like that. For example he was feeling for said girl because he was seeing that some male co-workers treat her not good based on her looks. He is a man that loves to treat women with respect. Like when his friend is driving us home I always get to sit on a place where the door is really difficult to open. So M would always open the door for me, wait for me to sit and then close it for me. It's like that. Anyway he has told me that he had been treated bad at a catering job he used to have during his first years in college because he had mostly female co-workers.
Interesting. Could be upbringing too. I think you mentioned he has a sister? Guys with sisters are more likely to treat women better.

Quote:
There is gain for him for sure. Of course there was also a risk but I guess he wanted to take it. The others do not know actually want went wrong. Only M and O know the full story.
Got it.
Old 03-15-2018, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Interesting. I did not know that Lebron had not even gone to college. Do you think that he might get drafted soon?
If he leaves college and enters the NBA draft then he’ll certainly be drafted in the top ten.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread