Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It's good for him though as this way he is not overwhelmed with people problems and issues.
It’s weird for me to imagine. Like I couldn’t imagine not feeling. Then again I’m sure he couldn’t imagine feeling so much either.

Quote:

Upbringing definitely played a role here and overall family situation. He has two sisters - one bigger one and one twin sister. He also had to start working in high school. Like he had thought about earning money before he hit the age of 16. He is however raised to treat women right. He also however notices how women behave. He is the type of guy to openly dislike easy women, overly flirty women and all that.
Definitely everything plays a role.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Do you think that he might decide to leave college?
I think there’s a 90% chance.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I can't either. I am actually worse in that regard than him in the sense that I do not even notice stuff. Otherwise we care only about select people. The difference is that if I do not care about someone I do not even notice issues they might have. He still does even if he does not get along with the person. Again he won't help them, but he could understand everyone's issues.

For sure .
Got it.

So how does tomorrow look, work-wise?
Old 03-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have one meeting and at least one on one conversation, but there might be two. I have to prepare presentation for the workshop in Nice and for this I need to basically note the dependencies between 30 projects. It will be fun.

I also plan a meeting with the ex boss, M and the CTO where I have defined the agenda and it's basically ground rules on how to work together in a way where we do not sabotage each other. So I have to prepare for this.

In the meantime I also have to find a strategy to convince the French to help me working on some changes that would basically revert the damage done by the ex boss and the jerk.
Umm... that's called a very huge day.

Report back how everything goes. Hope it's all a success!

Quote:
What about you?
I will work from home peacefully, quietly, at my own pace, while watching basketball.

My work life is not nearly as exciting as yours or worth even discussing.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Administrator

My boss is off tomorrow so I'll have a good day!

On Monday I'll be working from home because I won't have my car. I found out today that the Ford Fusion that I have is being recalled because there's an issue with the steering wheel bolt possibly coming loose in time which could cause you to not be able to steer your car, so I'm dropping off my car tomorrow night to get it fixed (they'll be putting a longer bolt in that can't come loose) and they said I might not get it back until Monday so I wrote my boss and I told him that I'll have to work from home on Monday.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
My boss is off tomorrow so I'll have a good day!

On Monday I'll be working from home because I won't have my car. I found out today that the Ford Fusion that I have is being recalled because there's an issue with the steering wheel bolt possibly coming loose in time which could cause you to not be able to steer your car, so I'm dropping off my car tomorrow night to get it fixed (they'll be putting a longer bolt in that can't come loose) and they said I might not get it back until Monday so I wrote my boss and I told him that I'll have to work from home on Monday.
Good news he won’t be in the office tomorrow!

That’s too bad about your car being recalled. Same thing happened to me several years ago with my Thunderbird. How did your boss respond to the situation/having to work from home on Monday?
Old 03-15-2018, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So awesome day for you!
Yes, definitely!

Quote:
Sucks that your car is being recalled. Indeed how did your boss react to the idea of working from home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
How did your boss respond to the situation/having to work from home on Monday?
I wrote him and he didn't write me back, which basically means he's okay with it. If he had a problem with it he'd say something.

Quote:
Good news he won’t be in the office tomorrow!
I know! I was so glad when he told me.

Quote:
That’s too bad about your car being recalled. Same thing happened to me several years ago with my Thunderbird.
My favorite car of all time was a 1997 Ford Thunderbird that I owned. It was a gorgeous car and it ran like a dream.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Or he would wait for you to go back to the office on Tuesday to say something typical for him in passive/aggressive way. Sorry I guess I do not have good opinion for your boss .
I don't either!

Old 03-16-2018, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh there are huger days than this one. For example next week I have a meeting with top product management to decide different projects priorities based on the resources I have. Now that will require preparation too.

I would not be able to finish everything today, but I want to work on those areas today.
Tons on your plate!

How are things going today?

Quote:
Maybe I just make my work sound more exciting than it is . Most probably your work is as exciting as mine, I just present it differently .
Nah, your work situation is like a 5 Star Blockbuster Movie and my work situation is an Indie movie only select people see.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, definitely!

I wrote him and he didn't write me back, which basically means he's okay with it. If he had a problem with it he'd say something.
Good!

Quote:

I know! I was so glad when he told me.
Even better! Hope you have a relaxing, pleasant day at work and you have the weekend to look forward to as well knowing you don't have to go into the office until Tuesday. Any plans this weekend?

Quote:
My favorite car of all time was a 1997 Ford Thunderbird that I owned. It was a gorgeous car and it ran like a dream.
There is something unique and special about those older Ford Thunderbirds. My aunt/uncle, three cousins moved to Detroit back in the early 80s. My uncle was an electrical engineer and got transferred to Ford Motor Company in Detroit, Michigan. We could get discounted brand new Ford cars. It was awesome. We had a few Thunderbirds over the years and I personally bought a brand new Ford Thunderbird, black, 1999. It was my first car ever. I used my uncle's discount, money I saved up over the years from confirmation, birthday money, etc. My parents matched what I had saved. So it was a joint effort but I purchased my own brand spanking new car and boy did I cherish that Ford Thunderbird. If I could have slept in the car, I would have.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So far good. The CTO planned a meeting with the whole team to announce to them the changes and then he will send an email.

Apparently the rumors have been started as I was already congratulated by the new QA manager. She told me that she is glad that I will lead the team as we are speaking the same language and we work together great. She also offered to send me an Excel file she prepared to evaluate her people and she plans to do this every 3 months. She also hinted that she had issues with my ex boss. She did not say it right away, but there was a project manager with us and she told her "It's really important to work good with the other leads. With some leads I just can't so I am glad that it's you." Then on top of it the CTO came to the three of us and basically said in front of them about the meeting and than after that he will announce it. With the new structure the CTO will be my intermediate boss actually.
Glad things are going smoothly!

See, this is what will continue to happen. You have created a change... a change that others wanted too. I will bet there's so many people that think you're a hero for taking down ex boss and jerk. Guaranteed the new QA manager is reaching out to you because she's very happy how things are evolving. No doubt she's referring to ex boss in a negative manner. I am sure there's many others that feel the same way too and as time moves on, you'll see this more and more. Hopefully ex boss is taken down a peg or two, maybe even fired. Jerk, as well.

Has HR moron congratulated you (even in a fake way) or said anything?

Quote:
The thing we need to decide is if this movie is entertaining to you or boring .
I've got my popcorn and coke, chomping and slurping on both.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Even better! Hope you have a relaxing, pleasant day at work and you have the weekend to look forward to as well knowing you don't have to go into the office until Tuesday. Any plans this weekend?
We're going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Houston tomorrow. Afterwards, we go to this Italian Restaurant in Downtown Houston for dinner. I'll probably watch some March Madness games this weekend too.

Quote:
There is something unique and special about those older Ford Thunderbirds. My aunt/uncle, three cousins moved to Detroit back in the early 80s. My uncle was an electrical engineer and got transferred to Ford Motor Company in Detroit, Michigan. We could get discounted brand new Ford cars. It was awesome. We had a few Thunderbirds over the years and I personally bought a brand new Ford Thunderbird, black, 1999. It was my first car ever. I used my uncle's discount, money I saved up over the years from confirmation, birthday money, etc. My parents matched what I had saved. So it was a joint effort but I purchased my own brand spanking new car and boy did I cherish that Ford Thunderbird. If I could have slept in the car, I would have.
That's so awesome that you could get discounted brand-new Fords! I had a 1986 Ford Thunderbird and a 1997 Ford Thunderbird. My 1997 Ford Thunderbird was my favorite because I got to order it from the factory and get the options that I wanted. It had a 225 Horsepower V-8 Engine and it was a deep Dark Green Metallic color, and when I would wash and wax it, it would shine like an emerald. I took good care of it and I had it for 12 years, and I sold it to a co-worker of mine who was looking for a car for his daughter when I got my 2009 Ford Fusion.

Old 03-16-2018, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
The CTO does want to fire both the jerk and the ex boss. He even wants to fire the architect. He is that pissed.
What's stopping him?

Quote:
I do hope that this will continue. I do think that I will be able to work with her. She had mentioned that she had reported some issues in the past to the management (some of them were caused by ex boss) and even offered to forward me the email she had written. I wanted it of course. She used to be lead of a Development team and she has more experience and she gladly offers me assistance. This is not the first time and we do have the same understanding on how we want to work so this is good.
That's wonderful. This connection could be quite valuable to you both.

Quote:
Of course not . She had mentioned to my ex ex boss. I mean the previous one. He disapproves the complaint and said that he would never have done something like that. He also wished me luck on this new challenge for me and hopes that I will be able to handle this.
She told your ex ex boss who told you he approves of how the situation has evolved?

Wow, she's HR. She should at least fake a congratulations to you. What a witch. Not that you care, but her true colors are so obvious.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We're going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Houston tomorrow. Afterwards, we go to this Italian Restaurant in Downtown Houston for dinner. I'll probably watch some March Madness games this weekend too.
Sounds like a lovely weekend! Is Teresa Irish too or what is her ancestry?

Quote:
That's so awesome that you could get discounted brand-new Fords! I had a 1986 Ford Thunderbird and a 1997 Ford Thunderbird. My 1997 Ford Thunderbird was my favorite because I got to order it from the factory and get the options that I wanted. It had a 225 Horsepower V-8 Engine and it was a deep Dark Green Metallic color, and when I would wash and wax it, it would shine like an emerald. I took good care of it and I had it for 12 years, and I sold it to a co-worker of mine who was looking for a car for his daughter when I got my 2009 Ford Fusion.
Nice. I love that specific color of green. I bet it was a beauty!
Old 03-16-2018, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Given his position he should try with them before firing them. Also the Bulgarian manager wants to try with them, but it seems that he is getting frustrated with them as well.
Got it.

Quote:
Definitely! She is in similar position. She was just hired in January this year to handle a team that used to have a manager that was not efficient. She has full support of the upper management. Actually remember how I told you that they wanted 1 hour meeting with me and another person. She was the other person.
Oh okay, that totally makes sense.

Quote:
She told him and he told someone else that told me . He did not say that he approves how I handled things. He said that he would never file a complaint against me and he disapproves the actions of my ex boss. He did not comment a lot as he told this to a friend of mine and he knows that this friend will always be on my side and not on the jerk or ex boss. This guy does get along with ex boss and jerk so for him the situation is trickier.
Makes sense.

Quote:
Well I bet that at some point she will try to be my best friend but it won't happen .
How old is she?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread