Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2018, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Well what you are saying is true, but also people should defend themselves. This situation was not working for me and I did a lot to get out of it. I have done a lot for those 10 years in the company to be able to afford doing this. Most of the people in the team were not willing to do a lot (read anything) except M and his friend. So I am sorry, but I can't save everyone. I need to now focus on my team and the people I chose for my team and the rest will have to decide for themselves.
You can't save everyone, that's true.

That said, some people just don't have the make up or command to step out of bad situations. Some need that paycheck no matter what and that's more important to them than taking a stand and trying to change an office environment so they put up with less than ideal situations. Some do not have the personality to go there either. It doesn't make them wimpy or stupid either. Some just can't go there without a little help (or means) and that help should be upper management recognizing what is going on and figuring out what and who the problem is. There should have been a recognition as to what was going on a long time ago... people leaving because of the jerk and ex boss, stuff like that. There's a reason why you have a hierarchy in a business. The leaders should have full understanding of what is going on.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-14-2018 at 04:09 AM
Old 03-14-2018, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks Michelle.

I just get so tired of it all.
I understand. I'm so sorry you have to deal with him on a regular basis. It's just not right.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ah your boss is just a piece of ****. This combination is the worst. How do your other co-workers feel about him?
All my co-workers feel the same way about him. He drives us nuts.

Quote:
I hope that you will have some news on this soon!
Thanks Koni!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-14-2018, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I understand. I'm so sorry you have to deal with him on a regular basis. It's just not right.
Thanks Michelle.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-14-2018, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

How's work going today, Jerry?
Old 03-14-2018, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Reading about your work situations, Koni & Jerry makes me so happy I am done with all of this. I don't know if you have the same problems at work, Michelle, because you work mostly from home. I honestly don't understand how these idiots who everybody agrees are idiots get into this positions of power. It can't possibly be on merit!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-14-2018 at 08:38 AM
Old 03-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thankfully, I do not have these issues at work. I work with really friendly and kind people, whether we're talking a higher up or straight down to the college student who is doing an internship in our department. Of course there are one or two people who might be annoying personally but overall my office environment is peaceful.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thankfully, I do not have these issues at work. I work with really friendly and kind people, whether we're talking a higher up or straight down to the college student who is doing an internship in our department. Of course there are one or two people who might be annoying personally but overall my office environment is peaceful.
I'm happy to hear that!
Old 03-14-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'm happy to hear that!
You too, overall, back when you worked? I know you mentioned your principal wasn't the greatest but overall was it the students that you'd say were the biggest challenge (challenge you won) over co-workers/bosses?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
How's work going today, Jerry?
My boss yelled at me for quoting a long delivery on one of my quotes, even though the pump was special. In other words, it's a typical day!

Old 03-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
He yelled at you for that? Man is he micromanaging or what? This seems like such a small detail to me.
He’s the worst combination of a micromanager and a procrastinator. If I was younger I’d be looking for another job, but it’s hard to find something at my age so I just deal with it as best I can.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My boss yelled at me for quoting a long delivery on one of my quotes, even though the pump was special. In other words, it's a typical day!
Wow, what an a$$. Do you think it could be because you didn't wait for him before sending out the bid? It seems like when you exercise any type of independence (such as working from home, sending out the bid without him seeing it) he has to get in a dig or two, making up dumb complaints that he knows are meaningless.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You too, overall, back when you worked? I know you mentioned your principal wasn't the greatest but overall was it the students that you'd say were the biggest challenge (challenge you won) over co-workers/bosses?
Most definitely. That was the only challenge I cared about.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hate this guy, and I don't even know him!!
Old 03-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Most definitely. That was the only challenge I cared about.
Makes sense. Good that you had a nice office environment. Do you still keep in touch with any ex-co-workers?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread